Whether baking is a hobby or a profession for you, we are sure you will need the best parchment paper. The magic of baking may lie in the batter used to make the baked goodies or in the process itself. However, the underrated parchment paper can help your baked goodies stay fresh and reduce their gooey nature. Also, cleaning up becomes easy when using parchment paper, thus making your baking experience hassle-free.
Many people tend to forget to use parchment paper and wonder why they cannot achieve the required output. So, to achieve the required output while baking, check out the list of some of the best parchments available online and add one to your kitchen. Read on to know more.
13 Best Parchment Papers
Preparing a five-course meal for your family and friends might sound like an unnerving experience, especially if it’s your first time. However, finding a few key kitchen aids will make it as easy as pie. Bring home this unbleached chlorine-free parchment baking paper to prepare a host of mouth-watering dishes and a tasty meal. It is ideal for baking, roasting, wrapping, and re-heating as well.
- FSC certified
- Measure 70-sq ft
- Microwave- and oven-safe
- The strip to cut the parchment paper is not up to the mark.
- The “new parchment paper” smell tends to linger.
Ask any baking enthusiast, and they will tell you how hard it is to find a high-quality circular parchment paper. For a cake that is perfectly round, holds integrity, and maintains a perfect crust, parchment paper like this is a must. They are made of 100% premium food-grade wood pulp, making it a safe and healthy choice. They are unbleached and non-toxic and double up as a cooking liner without the need for oils or grease. This natural parchment paper is also waterproof and non-stick.
- Perforated 40 gsm sheets
- Seven-inch pre-cut size
- Suitable for bamboo and metal steamers too
- Heat-resistant up to 450°F
- Ideal for most air fryers
- One must ensure that these papers are compatible with their air fryers; otherwise, they may catch fire.
If you’re constantly looking for ways to make your life easier by saving time, this one will be the best parchment paper for you. This convenient package comes with 200 sheets of pre-cut baking sheets, which will instantly lay flat on the baking sheet without curling up. The sheets are food-grade, unbleached, and are ideal for baking, steaming, grilling, and frying.
- Can withstand temperatures up to 450°F
- Fits trays and bakewares of 12-16 inches
- Some may find the baking papers slightly thin.
An excellent choice for all your baking and grilling needs, these sheets are eco-friendly, unbleached, and the perfect size for your baking and grilling pans. You can use them for baking a fresh batch of choco-chip cookies, a bread loaf with herbs, or a juicy steak, as they are waterproof, won’t tear easily, or soak through.
- Includes 120 sheets
- Doesn’t curl
- Can withstand temperatures up to 450°F
- Made of 100% natural wood pulp
- Can also be used a food wrap
- Pre-cut sheets
- Includes a baking recipes eBook
- Some may feel that it doesn’t absorb grease properly.
- It may not be as thick as expected.
Once you switch to these cookie baking sheets, there is no turning back. These high-quality sheets are reusable for up to three times, are compostable, and feature grid marks to make measurements easier. These baking sheets are ideal for both lining pans and cookie sheets.
- Non-stick parchment paper
- Evenly spaced grid-marks
- Includes 25 sheets per box
- It may not be suitable for steaming and grilling.
6. Best High-Temperature Resistant: Katbite Extra Strong Parchment Paper Sheets
If you love baking throughout the day for your family and friends, these sheets will be extremely handy. With 267 sq ft of paper, you will never run out of these extra strong sheets. As they are already cut into 200 individual sheets, they are convenient to use and fit 12×16 inch baking pans. Arguably the best parchment paper for high heat, these 40 gsm sheets are oven-safe and offer high-temperature resistance. They are ideal for baking, grilling, parceling food, and air fryer cooking.
- 100% pure wood pulp
- Flip-close box design
Double-sided silicone coating
- Oven safe up to 450°F
- It may not be suitable for all air fryers.
Give a sophisticated yet easy edge to your baking, frying, and grilling skills with a little help from this high-quality culinary parchment paper. These sheets are unbleached and won’t stick to your cooking medium, so you can enjoy a healthy and stress-free dish each time. When you’re not using these reusable sheets to prepare mouth-watering meals, you can wrap food with them and store it for a later day.
- Made of virgin wood pulp
- Dual-sided high-grade silicone coating
- Fits half-sheet baking pans perfectly
- Oil and waterproof
- Reclosable storage box
- It may not be a good size for large-sized baking pans and sheets.
After perfecting your cake batter and finally getting ready to pour it into a pan, there’s one step that gets in the way, isn’t it? Cutting parchment paper into rounds that fit circular mounds. With these parchment papers, you can eliminate the step altogether. These eight-inch sheets are pre-cut to make your baking experience more comfortable and hassle-free. Made of premium silicone paper, these sheets will never tear apart and are incredibly thick.
- Burn and waterproof
- Includes 100 sheets
- Convenient storage bag
- Available in six, nine, and ten-inch pre-cuts
- They are not suitable for air fryers.
Let’s face it; baking can be a delightful experience, but also one that’s sticky, greasy, and requires hours of cleaning up. However, parchment paper liners like these will put all your baking woes at bay. You can use these pre-cut round papers for baking delicious cakes and pies, and even a pizza.
- Heat-resistant up to 375°F
- Includes 50 round sheets
- If exposed to flame, it burns easily.
Do you prefer perforated parchment sheets while frying, and grilling your food? If yes, you’re in luck. These round pre-cut sheets are specially designed for air fryers. These liners ensure that they will never stick to food, and acts as a healthy and protective barrier between food and the fryer. A healthy way to air fry your food, these parchment rounds are eco-friendly and odorless.
- Made of 100% food-grade pure wood pulp
- Doesn’t affect the taste of food
- Heat-resistant up to 420°F
- Includes 100 high-quality sheets
- It should be kept away from fire.
- Some may find these papers too thin.
Turn into a professional baker overnight, or as soon as you get your hands on these non-stick parchment paper. Finding the right parchment paper is as important as following instructions to make the perfect batter, and these sheets won’t let you down. These high-quality food-grade papers are pre-cut and the perfect shape and size for half-sheet pans.
- Includes 200 sheets
- Withstands heat up to 428°F
- Storage box
- Silicone coating
- It may not be suitable for a steamer.
- It tends to curl up around the edges.
Ideal for both home and professional baking, these baking liners are non-stick and a great way to keep your food from directly touching the surface of your oven’s tray rack. It is coated with silicones on both sides, making it easy to slide off cookies and other treats without grease or oils.
- Includes 500 paper liners
- Perfect for conventional ovens
- Doesn’t curl up
- It may be thinner than expected.
- It may not be ideal for steaming and grilling.
Parchment papers have made our lives significantly easier, haven’t they? But these papers, go that extra mile to make our lives buttery smooth. These pre-cut parchment baking circles come with 3-inch tabs on either side for ease of lifting. Made of eco-friendly materials, these sheets withstand temperatures up to 450°F.
- Includes 120 pieces
- No need for oil or grease
- Available in various sizes and colors
- Some have noted that the sheets need to be aired out to get rid of the “new paper” smell.
Holly Ford, a Korean culinary expert, blogger, author, and owner of Beyond Kimchee, says, “Parchment paper is reusable as long as it is not discolored or used at a very high temperature. To reuse it, remove any remaining crumbs or baked-on residue from the surface, wipe with a damp cloth, and allow it to air dry. When the edges of the parchment paper start to crumble, it’s time to discard it.”
How To Choose The Right Parchment Paper?
Keep these factors in mind when buying parchment paper.
- Unbleached: Bleached parchment papers are generally considered harmful to health, are treated with chemicals like chlorine, and are white in color. Unbleached parchment papers don’t come with harmful chemicals and are brown. Unbleached papers also don’t leave a pungent smell or interfere with the taste of the food.
- Material: Not all parchment papers are made equally, and some are definitely better than others. As these papers are made for baking, grilling, and frying, you should choose the safest one possible. Look for parchment papers that are made with 100% wood pulp. Parchment papers made with organic materials are biodegradable, compostable, and eco-friendly.
- Non-stick: A parchment paper’s primary objective is to ensure that the batter doesn’t stick to the tray, the pan, or the oven rack. This is why it is important to choose a non-stick paper. Keep an eye out for dual-sided silicone coated parchment paper. The coating is what offers the paper its non-stick qualities.
- Size and shape: Make sure you know exactly what size you need and if you are willing to cut the sheet out by yourself. You will need square parchment papers for a sheet tray, while for a baking pan or an air fryer, you will require round ones. To save yourself a ton of time, buy the pre-cut ones.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah writes extensively about kitchen products. He brings you this list of high-quality and environmentally-friendly parchment paper. The options on this list are non-toxic and burn-proof. He has conducted comprehensive research on several online forums to find the features that make some kinds of parchment papers more suitable for your kitchen needs. These sheets will make your baking experience a hassle-free one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which side of the parchment paper goes up?
The silicone-coated side should face up so that when you pour cake batter or dough over it, it doesn’t stick to them. As it is smooth to the touch, you can tell which side has a silicone coating by feeling it. However, some parchment papers are silicone-coated on both sides, so you don’t have to worry about which side needs to go up.
2. Are all parchment papers coated with silicone?
Yes, all parchment papers are coated with silicone, which makes them non-sticky and beneficial for baking.
3. How long can I leave my parchment paper in the oven?
It depends on how heat-resistant the parchment paper is. For example, parchment paper that is heat-resistant up to 420°F can stay longer in the oven than parchment paper that is heat-resistant up to 375°F.
4. Does meat stick to parchment paper?
Parchment paper has a non-stick silicone coating that prevents it from sticking to almost anything. Therefore, meat cannot stick to parchment paper.
5. Is silicone-coated parchment paper safe?
Unbleached silicone-coated parchment paper is safe to use, whereas bleached silicone-coated parchment paper can be quite harmful to your health because it is treated with chemicals, such as chlorine.
Enjoy a hassle-free baking and cooking experience with premium-quality parchment papers that can help make the process easy. Parchment papers prevent the batter from sticking to the utensil to help you get a clean, well-cooked result every time. Our list of the best parchment papers includes several chemical-free, safe options with various features to suit your needs. When choosing the right product, ensure it is heat-resistant, microwave- and oven-safe, unbleached, and eco-friendly. Also, consider the size, quantity, material, and more for an easy and efficient cooking process.