Homemade pasta is any day healthier and better than readymade pasta. While making pasta at home is challenging, it can also be highly rewarding. You can make the procedure simpler with the right cookware and equipment, such as a pasta drying rack.
The best pasta drying rack can ensure that the pasta you prepare at home dries adequately before being stored. These racks are especially helpful in drying tagliatelle or a pasta sheet that could have lumps when not dried properly.
Keep reading for a list of the top pasta drying racks that you can buy online, and tips on how to pick one that is best for you.
11 Best Pasta Drying Racks
This tabletop pasta drying rack is a great addition to your kitchen and easily fits in small spaces. It has multiple arms that make the process of drying large batches of pasta easy. Designed to fit and support up to four pounds of pasta, it allows for faster drying even at room temperature. It can be conveniently folded when not in use. No tools are required to assemble the rack, which can be set up within minutes.
If you are looking for the best pasta drying rack with a traditional look, then you can consider this one from Norpro. Made from environmentally sustainable wood, it can be assembled within minutes and does not take up too much space. It is 16½” high and has eight arms that are angled to allow the pasta strands to dry without touching. The arms are also designed to keep the pasta from moving or sliding. The large base is also thick, sturdy, and keeps the rack steady when it is in use.
A good pasta rack created from beechwood, this product from Eppicotispai provides more than ten square feet of linear space for drying pasta. The strands do not stick to the wood and can be swiftly removed after they dry. It can be set up easily and collapses in no time for storage when not in use. The easy to clean and maintain wooden rack can fit a significant amount of pasta and is ideal when drying Fettuccine for a large family.
This is one of the best pasta drying racks made from sturdy bamboo and features a height of 16″ and a width of 14″. It is best for drying long pasta and makes a good pick for its total capacity, which goes up to several pounds. The entire pasta rack is composed of ten arms. Once dry, the pasta strands do not adhere to the arms and can be removed easily. The rack is easy to assemble and set up and does not take up a lot of space in a kitchen. When not in use, it can be stored in a small space.
Perfect for drying spaghetti, this pasta rack has ten arms, each 6.61″ long and made of durable food-grade plastic. The rack is easy to clean and maintain. It has an excellent balance, and each of the arms can hold up to 500g of pasta. The design allows for successful pasta rack installation and folding in little time. Once folded flat, it can be stored in a small space.
This countertop model drying rack takes up less space and is ideal for drying the pasta sheet used in lasagna or linguine. The entire rack is made of safe food-grade ABS plastic, and the arms spread out automatically once the top wheel is turned clockwise. Its feet are designed to not skid, it can be positioned easily on various countertops. Once swiftly assembled, it can be cleaned with a wet towel. You can fold it down when it is not in use.
When you are making delicious pasta such as spaghetti, use this rack to dry it with ease. The high-quality rack can be set up quickly and can fit a good amount of pasta. It has six arms and is made from plastic that is food-grade. Designed as a countertop model, it can be positioned within limited space. No tools are required to assemble the rack, which has a height of 11.5″. After use, it can be cleaned within seconds, and then it can be folded down and stored.
This is an elegant option among pasta drying racks and is made from aluminum while its arms are created from food-grade plastic. The rack has eight detachable arms that rotate and can support a good quantity of pasta. A wand is included with the rack, using which you can easily move the freshly made pasta to the rack. The legs have silicone that provides additional stability and keeps it from slipping. After use, the arms and legs can be detached and stored within the tube.
This countertop pasta drying rack is made from natural beechwood and is traditionally styled. It has eight arms, a height of 16″, and has enough space for various types of extra-long pasta to be hung and dried without forming clumps. The rack design allows it to be assembled without any tools and collapses easily when it is not used, for storing within a limited space. The wooden arms ensure the pasta does not slip off and can be cleaned easily after each use.
Created from durable wood, this natural pasta hanger is extremely stable. It can be used to dry anything from a pasta sheet created for making slim lasagna and long capellini. The wooden pasta drying rack provides up to twelve feet of linear space for drying pasta. When not in use, it can be folded down to a compact shape about two inches in height. The dowels can be removed and can be used to move the fresh pasta to the rack and after it is dry. The rack provides space for drying large quantities of pasta and can be cleaned easily.
This fresh pasta drying rack is a good option if you want one that is extra durable. It has 16 rods, each measuring eight inches and positioned in a fan pattern. It comes with a wand that collects fresh pasta with ease and places them on the arms. The rack has a load capacity of up to 4.4 pounds, and it is especially handy when you are creating long fettuccini or spaghetti.
Benefits Of A Pasta Drying Rack
If you make fresh pasta and want to store it, you need to ensure it is dried properly. This is where a drying rack for pasta is handy. Read on for more benefits that it provides.
- Allows pasta to be stored for a long time: Whether you are storing homemade pasta in your freezer or at room temperature in the pantry, it needs to be dried. Pasta that has been dried perfectly can be stored for longer periods and, in most cases, for several months.
- Pasta does not clump together when cooked: Pasta dried properly will not clump together when cooked. Properly dried pasta will also cook faster without turning sticky.
- Pasta can be dried as individual strands: If you want to dry a good amount of pasta, a rack is useful as strands can be positioned without touching each other.
- Faster drying at room temperature: When making homemade pasta, you may not have access to a dedicated drying space. This is where a good pasta rack is handy as it can be positioned on your kitchen countertop. The pasta even dries faster at room temperature with the aid of a rack.
How To Choose The Right Pasta Drying Rack?
Here is how you should go about choosing the best pasta rack for your needs.
- Consider the amount of pasta you would regularly make: Pasta drying racks come in various shapes and have up to 16 or more rods/arms. The more the number of arms, the more the space available for drying pasta. So, if you plan to make large batches of pasta for your family, getting a rack with more drying space is ideal.
- The length of pasta: The rack’s height should also be checked because if you make long strands of pasta, you will need a taller one.
- Stability: Ensure the rack legs or base provides excellent balance and stability. An essential part of a stable rack is a non-slip coating that will keep it from shifting or slipping on a countertop when it is in use.
- Durability: When you are drying large batches of pasta, you need a rack that can support a high total capacity. So, ensure the materials used to create it are solid natural wood, steel, or high-quality plastic, and the entire rack can support several pounds of pasta.
- See if the dry pasta can be easily removed: Once dry, removal of the pasta would be easy when you get a good rack. This is the main reason why people prefer wooden racks over plastic, as wood reduces the chances of dry pasta sticking to the arms.
- Collapsible rack: A rack that collapses can be stored within a small space and is ideal if you do not want clutter or have limited space in your kitchen.
How Long Do You Dry Pasta On A Rack?
Pasta can take up to 24 hours to dry depending on humidity and the room temperature. The size and thickness of pasta also influence how long it takes to dry. When pasta is dried with a ceiling fan, it dries out faster. When completely dry, it will snap easily.
Getting the best recipes, tools, and cutters for making large quantities of homemade pasta is not enough, as homemade pasta needs to be dried properly before it is stored. Delicious pasta is not a dream if you use a good fresh pasta drying rack to perfectly dry each strand.