Cooking pasta is an art, and if you undertake the mission with the seriousness it deserves, you’ll need the best pasta pots to assist you in the process. Made from fresh ingredients such as vegetables, flour, sauces, and eggs, pasta can be delicious and refreshing when done right. Unfortunately, it’s easy to mess up your pasta if you have the wrong pot or ingredients.
A good pot can help you dish out flawless and delectable pasta every time you decide to cook. Pasta pots are specially designed with features such as perforated inserts or holes for straining and a nonstick finish that preserves your meal’s integrity, thus making pasta-making easier and a lot more fun.
Check out our roundup of the most widely recommended pasta pots that will make you feel like a professional chef and let your friends and family look forward to your cooking sessions.
Our Top Picks
17 Best Pasta Pots To Buy In 2022
This pasta pot from Cuisinart will cook your pasta while preserving its juices and aroma. Made using high quality stainless steel, this pot doesn’t react with the food at all. It preserves flavours and features an aluminum-encapsulated base that heats up quickly and distributes the heat evenly for quick and consistent cooking.
- Features stick handles to offer extra comfort
- Seals moisture and flavor in the pasta
- Oven and broiler safe
- Comes with sleek and stylish tempered glass lids with stainless steel rim
- The handles will prevent you from burns.
- The base may pit after prolonged use.
If you are looking for an induction-compatible stock pot to cook your pasta more consistently, this Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Stockpot is an ideal pick. The pasta pot features a full cap base that is a good conductor of heat and offers an even heat distribution for fast cooking. The pasta pot is induction stovetop compatible and is also oven safe for 350 degrees F. The sleek stay-cool phenolic handle offers an anti-slip grip to move the hot pot without any hassle. Check out this video to learn more about the durability of this product.
- Easy-to-clean and dishwasher-safe pot
- Classic 8-quart stockpot
- Stylish bell-shaped stainless steel lid
- Energy conserving-product
- The stainless steel pot features mirror finish for a timeless touch.
- Regular use of the pot may cause wear out.
This uniquely-designed pasta pot comes with a non-stick copper surface, so the pasta will remain moist and won’t stick to the pot. Plus, the non-stick base prevents burning and makes the pot super easy to clean. This modernistic pot comprises twist and lock handles so you can simply twist the handles and drain out the excess water from the pot. Plus, the pot is coated with ceramic and Gotham Steel Titanium for quick food release and cleaning. This video offers a detailed review of the pasta pot.
- Transparent lid allows you to monitor cooking
- 5-quart capacity
- Oven and Dishwasher-safe
- Features small and large draining holes
- Sturdy construction
- Water may come out from the sides while boiling higher quantities.
If you prefer classic stainless steel pots, this steel saucepan with a glass straining lid comes at a great deal. This saucepan is made of 18/10 food-grade stainless steel with a special matte and mirrored finish which prevents scratches. The lid of the saucepan is one of a kind as it is shatter-proof. It also features small holes on both sides so you can easily drain the water out from pasta, vegetables etc. The pan is also designed with pour spouts on both sides of the rim. It also has a silicone lid for safe usage.
- You won’t need any colanders
- Tri-ply stainless steel for even heat distribution
- Ergonomic handle for proper grip
- Corrosion, rust, and stain resistant
- Proper airflow keeps the handle cool.
- Ideal to use with electric ceramic, gas and induction cooktops.
- Pasta may stick to the bottom.
Every culture has its own variation of pasta and for cooking pasta in your style, here is a 5.5 quarts pasta pot that comes with a smart strainer lid. The pot is made using aluminum that offers quick heat-up and will fill your plate with delicious pasta in no time. Plus, the pot features an oval design to offer more space for cooking pasta without any breakage. The best thing about the pot is that the interior is non-stick, which makes it easy to clean and convenient for cooking pasta that usually sticks to the base. You may check more about this product in this video.
- Features twist and lock handles
- PFOA free interior
- Heat-resistant handles
- Available in vibrant colors
- Sleek and luxurious Italian design
- Not oven or dishwasher safe
If you are a pasta lover and cook pasta quite often, this stockpot with a steamer and a pasta insert will make cooking quicker and simpler. This multi-pot comes with an impact-bonded aluminum base that cooks the food evenly and quickly. Its loop handle offers a secure grip so you don’t have to worry about hot and slippery handles. Plus, the fill lines provided in the pot makes measurement easy. The covers also consist of holes that line up with the spouts to drain the liquid effortlessly.
- Stove, oven, and dishwasher-safe
- No need of a separate colander for draining
- 8-quart pot with lid, pasta insert, and steamer insert
- A versatile set for steaming and boiling
- Sturdy tempered glass lid
- Handles may rust after a certain span of time.
Italian pasta speaks for itself, and so does this high-quality pasta pot. This pasta set comes with an 8-quart stockpot, 2 piece stainless steel pasta inserts for effortless cooking. The sleek and modern design of the pasta maker features a flared edge so you can pour the pasta without dripping or messing up. Plus, the standard vessels and lids feature a fine mirror finish in the exterior, which makes the set look great in the kitchen.
- Compatible with induction and all cooktops
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees F
- Cooks evenly without hotspots
- Steady and safe handling
- Easy to clean and store
- The pasta may stick if cooked at a high flame.
If you cook pasta for your entire family during a get-together and special events, this large quantity of 12 quarts will help you make tasty and luscious pasta within minutes. This long and durable pasta pot is made using premium-grade stainless steel and has an encapsulated base that enhances heat distribution and cooks the pasta without overheating. The set comes with a steamer basket, a cooker pot, a vented tempered glass lid, and a pasta basket for steaming and boiling pasta, vegetables, and other food items.
- Super easy to clean
- Riveted durable handles for smooth operation
- Makes large batches of food
- Glass lid for checking on the food
- The steamer allows cooking multiple items at a time.
- The large pot may feel heavy while draining.
This luxurious and elegant pasta pot will make a great addition to your kitchenware collection. The pasta pot features an oval shape so you can fit it on a single burner and can cook the pasta without breaking. The pot is stylish as well as functional and features a 2-tone exterior. The cookware has a fine base that heats quickly and prevents hot spots.
- A non-stick interior that prevents ticking
- Easy to clean as food slides off quickly
- Rubberized dual-riveted handles for a comfortable hold
- Oven safe for up to 350 degrees F
- Shatter-resistant and shock-proof glass lid
- The coating may not hold up well.
If you are looking for a medium-sized pasta cooker for everyday use, this 6-quart pasta maker is perfect for you. It is made using high quality 18/10 stainless steel and features an impact-bonded base for efficient cooking. The precision cast riveted handles make it easy to carry and drain the pasta with ease. Plus, it comes with a premium stainless steel framed lid.
- Comes with a lock and drain strainer
- Oven safe for up to 350 degrees F
- NSF certified to meet cookware standards
- Satin exterior finish with a mirror polish accent
- Great for cooking pasta, soup, stew, and vegetables
- Water may leak out if filled till top.
Pick this high-performance casserole dish to help you prepare juicy and delightful pasta. The pasta maker features a superior non-stick coating so you can cook your food without worrying about it sticking to the base. The pot is dishwasher-safe and easy-to-clean. Plus, the raised non-stick circles allow the food to release easily and quick cleanup. The PFOA-free material and metal construction make it last longer than the other non-stick options.
- Hard-anodized construction
- Superior heat distribution for consistent cooking
- Shatter-resistant glass and riveted handles
- Oven safe for up to 350 degrees F
- Silicone molded handles
- Not safe for induction cooktops
Make pasta in a hassle-free manner with this 6-quart durable stockpot. This pasta pot comes with a lid that features hard-anodized design for proper heat distribution and to allow airflow. The lid is made of shatter-proof glass that snugly fits in the pot and seals in the moisture while your delicious pasta is cooking. The pot is oven safe, so you can reheat your leftover pasta the next day too!
- Dual-riveted sure-grip handles
- Stainless steel and rubber handles to prevent burns
- Luxurious looking bronze-toned utensil
- Metallic, non-stick and long-lasting construction
- Even heat distribution
- Straining with the small holes on the lid is tough.
Treat your family with deliciously cooked pasta with the help of this microwave-safe pasta cooker. If you regularly cook pasta for your family gatherings and sudden plan picnics, this cooker is ideal for you as it cooks up to 8 servings of pasta. This pasta cooker is specialized in saving time, energy, and water. Simply put, the cooker in the oven, and within minutes, your perfectly cooked pasta will be ready to serve with your favorite sauce.
- Cooks pasta without sticking
- Comes with a secure straining lid
- Contemporary pasta maker for juicy pasta
- Ideal for cooking large batches of pasta
- FDA-approved and BPA-free cooker
- Can only be used for cooking plain pasta
- Pasta may stick together
Pick this stainless steel pasta pot for a versatile cooking experience and enjoy tasty pasta. The pasta pot comes with steel and aluminum sandwiched bottom that distributes heat evenly in the entire container for a longer period. The stainless steel handles are similar to professional design, which offer a lifetime of balanced and hassle-free cooking. The glass lid with a steel frame is heat-resistant for up to 356 degrees F and is suitable for use with an induction stove and various cookers.
- A hygienic pot that doesn’t hold smell and taste
- Features an all-round pouring rim for easy drip-free pouring
- Comes with measuring scale and capacity marks inside
- Pasta insert can hold up to 500 grams of pasta
- High side perforation for proper drainage
- No lead opening for drainage
This pasta pot will help you cook multiple items at the same time. The pot is designed to last and is made using heavyweight commercial grade material. The pot includes a 20-quart large pot with 4 unique stainless steel inserts for cooking different types of pasta. You can cook 4 different kinds of pasta and vegetables at the same time in the pot. Plus, it features a hanging clip on each insert that allows easy and mess-free draining.
- Unsurpassed durability and high performance
- Made using high quality and thick aluminum
- Heavy-duty riveting
- Strong stainless steel inserts
- Heat resistant product
- The large pot may take time to come to a boil.
Here is a sleek, durable pasta pot that comes with a nicely perforated insert that will help you drain the pasta without spilling or creating a mess. The heavy-duty stainless steel construction with a thick aluminum base makes it warp-resistant and ideal for quick cooking. Use this pot on the stove, in the oven or a boiler, and cook mouth-watering pasta in minutes.
- Polished exterior for style
- Offers even heating
- Dishwasher safe
- Doesn’t react with food or hold smell
- Lasting performance and stick-resistant
- Easy to clean and maintain
- The pot size is small compared to others.
This pasta pot contains heavy-gauge aluminum construction that offers even heating. The hard-anodized aluminum offers sturdiness and durability. The pot is dishwasher safe and can be cleaned with warm water and soap within minutes. The pot doesn’t change flavors or hold the strong smell of any foods. The interior of this pot features 3 layers of non-stick coating for hassle-free and easy cooking.
- Brushed stainless steel handles for grip
- Covers and pans are also oven safe
- Comes with a steamer insert, lid, pasta insert, and pot
- Healthy cooking
- Lift-able pasta insert for easy draining
- The rivets may get loose after some time.
Now that we know some of the best pasta pots available let’s look at how to choose the best pasta pots out of several options.
How To Choose The Best Pasta Pots
While there are plenty of pasta pots available in the market, you may find it a bit tricky to pick the right pasta pot for your family. So here are the things that you need to keep in mind for buying the perfect pasta pot.
The first thing you need to consider is the material of the pasta pot. These days, you’ll find pots are made using stainless steel, aluminum, copper, cast iron, etc. Among these options, the stainless steel pasta pots with an aluminum base are ideal as these pots heat up quickly and prevent hotspots.
It prevents food from burning, takes less time for cooking, and you’ll save energy & time with these pots. Plus, these are good conductors of heat and will last longer than the other pots.
To pick the right pasta pot for your family, consider the quantity you cook. Some pots can cook 5-20 quarts pasta in a single batch. So, If you need a pasta pot for regular use for a family of 3-4, a medium-sized 5-6 quart pasta pot is a great option. On the other hand, if you cook for a larger family or guests, pick a bigger pot. This will save time and energy and will prepare the pasta with correct consistency.
3. Extra features
Pasta pots come in various designs and what makes a pasta pot unique are the extra features. Some pots come with a lid while some pots offer a perforated strainer. Some pasta makers have functional pasta inserts. Removable baskets and inserts are great when you are cooking multiple things at the same time. These extra features make cooking more efficient, quick, and mess-free. So look for additional tools and features that the pot offers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Are The Benefits of a Pasta Pot?
When there are plenty of other cooking utensils in which you can cook your pasta, why pick a dedicated pasta pot? If this question is keeping you from investing in a pasta pot, here are the benefits of using a pasta pot that’ll change your mind.
- Burn-free cooking
A typical pasta pot features a thick base with even and consistent heating, so it will prevent burns. Plus, most of the pasta pots come with a separate pasta insert so you can quickly cook the pasta without it getting stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Perfectly cooked pasta
The pasta pots come with advanced features and high-quality material coating. This leads to efficient and perfect cooking. The pots are made using materials that spread heat evenly to cook each and every piece consistently.
- No spills and mess
Whenever you drain the pasta, it is almost impossible to prevent spills and wastage. In this case, the pasta pots come with a strainer or a strainer lid to help you drain the pasta and remove excess water from the container without dripping, dropping, or messing your kitchen.
- Multi-use product
When you buy a pasta pot, it is not necessary to cook only pasta in the pot. The strainers and the unique construction of pasta pot make it ideal for cooking other dishes as well. You can use a pasta pot for boiling vegetables, prepare stews and soups, boil rice, fish, and many different foods.
2. Can you cook pasta in a stockpot?
You can use a stockpot for cooking pasta, but while using the stockpot, the chances are that the pasta may stick to the bottom of the pot and may not cook evenly. On the other hand, the pasta pots come with an in-built strainer and pasta inserts. Therefore, the pasta doesn’t stick to the base nor burns and gets drained easily. A pasta pot is a combination of a stockpot and a colander, so if you are a pasta lover and eat pasta frequently, it is highly recommended to buy a pasta pot for cooking your pasta in a non-sticky and convenient way.
Pasta pots are a kitchen essential you can’t miss if pasta is your go-to dish. They’re all the more useful when you’re a fan of one-pot pasta. When choosing a pasta pot, you should consider your family’s requirements so that you find a pasta pot of the right capacity. Pasta pots are generally made from cast iron, aluminum, and stainless steel for durability and long-lasting use. So, consider these materials to ensure even heat distribution, efficient cooking, and easy cleaning. With scorch-proof handles and a perforated body, the right pasta pot can help you cook the dish easily.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is experienced in writing about kitchen and home essentials that make your tasks easier. She delivers well-researched content and recommends handpicked products to her readers. In this post, she lists the best pasta pots and mentions the pros and cons of each product to help you make an informed choice. She has also chosen the products that are made of high-quality material and are oven-safe and dishwasher-safe.