Pedestal sinks are timeless classics that look equally at home in a vintage or modern bathroom. Having the best pedestal sink can tie your whole bathroom together while adding a touch of elegance to its aesthetic appeal.
Comprising two parts, pedestal sinks come with an impressive column and basin supported partly by the wall and the other part by the column. They make the room look more spacious, especially if you have a ceramic pedestal that always looks elegant. We have handpicked the 11 most popular and time-tested pedestal sink options for your perusal here, so you can make the right choice.
11 Best Pedestal Sinks
Make your bathroom look elegant with this beautiful rectangular-shaped pedestal sink boasting a classic design. The vintage sink is suitable for smaller bathrooms or powder rooms and helps keep them clean and tidy. Fine Fixtures’ tried-and-tested white bathroom pedestal sink is made of ceramic material to match any bathroom style. The scratch-free vitreous china material does not rust.
- Overflow single hole
- Narrow pedestal
- Pre-drilled holes for easy installation
- Ideal rim to prevent water splash
- May not come with a hanger or screws
- May not be compatible with old broad pipes
"I recently got my hands on this, and it’s a perfect fit for my washroom. Though the color wasn’t as bright as I expected, it added a stylish touch to the space. It's ideal for those seeking that classic vibe."
Qierao’s round ceramic pedestal sink features a solid oak wood base and a tempered glass top, while the faucet is made of solid brass with a chrome-plated finish to enhance the visual appeal of your bathroom. The stainless steel built-in towel bar adds practicality and style. This stylish hand-washing solution has a 23-inch counter base and can comfortably fit into any corner of your bathroom.
- Opened back to hold the drain pipes
- Stainless-steel shoe and cover
- Counter top model
- Side space for storing toiletries
- Has no overflow faucet hole
- May not have installation instructions
"The space-saving design of this vanity has worked out well for me—no need for a supporting cabinet, either. My set didn’t have an instruction manual, so I hired a professional. The final outcome looks amazing, though."
The sink is designed with durable, eco-friendly, and long-lasting material. With a 24-inch counter base, a mirror, and a vanity cabinet, it is a complete package. The faucet aerator saves 30% water and is for hot and cold water supply. The cupboard doors have 304 stainless steel hinges, and the vanity footpads and door handles are made of aluminum alloy for durability.
- MDF board cabinet
- Top-mount installation model
- Large storage space
- Solid brass single hole faucet
- Alphanumeric characters for easy installation
- Mirror may not be highly durable
- May not be sturdy enough
Fine Fixtures Pedestal Sink
Best For Smaller Bathrooms
Qierao Pedestal Sink
Eclife Pedestal Sink
|21.87"D x 35.87"W x 16.87"H
|21"D x 23"W x 35"H
|20"D x 24"W x 32"H
Swiss Madison pedestal sink is an elegant-looking, wall-mounted pedestal-style sink that is easy to install. The tried-and-trusted one-piece design of this freestanding sink adds a unique touch to any minimalistic bathroom setting, and the ceramic material makes the sink durable and easy to clean. Further, the high-gloss finish prevents scratches and stains.
- Compact, seamless design
- Polished and non-porous
- May not have an open back
- Plumbing provisions at the back may be tiny
"My guests have been complimenting this washbasin ever since I installed it. It's a stylish addition to my modern bathroom design. The installation took some time and needed plumbing adjustments, but it was worth the effort."
5. Best Glass Sink: Home Trendz Glass Vessel Sink
This minimalist yet elegant and stunning sink is perfect for giving your bathroom a modern look. The set includes a solid brass faucet with a chrome finish, pop-up drain, wood pedestal, p-trap, and tempered glass top. The wood pedestal and transparent glass sink are easy to install as they feature pre-drilled holes. You can also hide the plumbing parts behind the open-back wooden pedestal for a clean look.
- Leak-proof hardware
- Long-lasting quality
- Sturdy built
- Includes all necessary hardware
- Some may find the sink small
- Edges may be sharp
"This vanity makes my bathroom look classier than ever! I tried to install it by myself but ultimately hired a professional. There are a few imperfections, but nothing too obvious, so I’m not complaining."
This 19-inch wide and rectangular pedestal bathroom sink is made of white porcelain for a classy finish, which can blend well with your timeless bathroom design. The heavy-duty finish is scratch-resistant and stain-free. This free-standing rustic sink comes with a classic design of three pre-drilled faucet holes. The classic pedestal sink is easy to install and suitable for basic utility use.
- Open back
- Overflow hole
- Space-saving design
- Includes mounting brackets
- May be a bit large for small bathrooms
- May be slightly hard to align the sink and pedestal leg
"When I came across this washbasin online, I knew it would be the ideal addition to my tiny bathroom. I was impressed by how fashionable it looked once installed. The space-saving design limits its functionality to basic handwashing, but I live alone, so it's no big deal."
Are you looking for a versatile sink that is suitable for both traditional and modern bathrooms? The tried-and-tested Kohler sink pedestal sink combines traditional and modern designs and can suit any bathroom style. The single-hole pedestal sink has been carefully designed and has a length of 22in. The long pedestal helps hide the water supply and drainage, and the white fixture is made of Vitreous China, which is easy to clean and maintain. The single bowl sink comes with a single faucet hole.
- Compatible with a wide range of faucets
- Free-standing model
- Available in several colors
- May not be long-lasting
"While looking for simple pedestal sinks, I chose this one for its sleek and compact design. Its smooth finish gives it a premium feel, and the wide basin has a flat surface for keeping soap and toothbrushes."
Make your washroom feel luxurious with this stunning sink by Lorixon. The wall-mounted bathroom vanity adopts a unique modern design and is suitable for various bathroom spaces. It includes a glass pedestal sink with a tempered glass top and glass vessel sink, and the stainless steel towel rack adds a modern touch. The transparent glass vessel of this vanity top sink is easy to clean and maintain.
- Has rounded corners
- Chrome-plated faucet
- Offers good space for toiletries
- Designed to deliver hot and cold water.
- Easy-to-install faucet
- Durable glass
- Good depth
- May not have an overflow hole
- Fixtures may be a bit hard
"This washbasin fits in really well with the other fixtures in my bathroom. It wasn't easy to set up because the instructions weren't clear, but it was worth my time because, in any case, it looks amazing in my bathroom."
Give your bathroom a makeover by adding this pedestal sink by Signature Hardware. The oval-shaped compact and stylish pedestal sink, measuring 15in, has a timeless appeal that can brighten up any bathroom. As it takes only a limited space, it can be easily accommodated in the smallest of bathrooms. The wall-mounted vintage sink is made of high-quality porcelain.
- Pre-drilled faucet holes
- Comes with an overflow-hole
- Open back for easy connections
- Space-saving design
- Pedestal leg may not be attached to the sink
"I just installed this sink in my tiny half-bath. It looks just like the online images. Although there's no room for soap on the sink, it's a minor inconvenience. Overall, it's been a convenient addition to my small bathroom."
M Magnus Home pedestal sink is made of vitreous china with a white finish to ace the test of durability. This square and deep basin sink is specially designed for modern antique-themed bathrooms. The traditional sink has a smooth porcelain finish that makes it easy to maintain and prevents stains and scratches. It has a pre-drilled faucet and overflow holes for convenience.
- Sleek pedestal leg
- Good depth prevents water spillage
- Easy rear access for connecting the pipes
- Easy to install
- Does not come with mounting hardware
- Does not come with a faucet and drain pipe
Sliverylake pedestal sink has a modern design with a large storage capacity to highlight your bathroom style. The sink is made of high-quality and durable material, and its glossy surface ensures easy maintenance. The cupboard below the sink has two closing doors with ample storage space. This contemporary sink comes with a chrome-plated faucet and a pop-up drain.
- Cabinet made of MDF board material
- Foot pads to prevent tip over
- Cutting-edge design
- Easy to assemble
- Water may spill sometimes
- Panels may not be scratch-resistant
How to Choose The Right Pedestal Sinks?
Keep the following points in mind while shopping for pedestal sinks.
- Faucet holes: All pedestal sinks have different configurations for the faucet hole. You can choose a sink and find a matching faucet, or you can choose a faucet and then select a sink with the right hole.
- Water supply lines: The water lines and valves should be hidden behind the pedestal. If the old plumbing is visible, then use fixtures that can complement the bathroom.
- Drain location: The two water supply sources of hot and cold water should align in the middle of the pedestal sink. Choose a pedestal height where pipes and traps can reach the drain hole under the sink.
- Installation: The wall mainly supports the pedestal sink. The wall must be strong enough to support the weight of the bathroom.
- The bathroom size: If your bathroom is small, choose a compact or sleek sink that fits the area.
Pedestal Sinks vs. Bathroom Vanity Cabinets
Below are the key differences between pedestal sinks and bathroom vanity cabinets.
- Pedestal sinks are suitable for small bathrooms or powder rooms. Simultaneously, the vanity cabinets are ideal for frequently used bathrooms.
- The pedestal sink occupies less floor In contrast, vanity occupies more floor space.
- The pedestal sink may not always provide any storage space, while the vanity offers larger storage space.
- Pedestal sinks have fewer design options, while vanity sinks have different design options.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the plumbing visible if I have a pedestal sink?
The plumbing may be visible through a pedestal sink. It depends on your installation and the type of pedestal sink column.
2. Does a pedestal sink come with a faucet?
All pedestal sinks are not equipped with faucets. You have to buy them separately.
3. Are pedestal sinks outdated?
Pedestal sinks now fall under the category of vintage designs, and a vintage look can never be out of fashion.
4. Are pedestal sinks good?
Yes, pedestal sinks are compact compared to a vanity-equipped sink, ideal for small spaces, and offer a chic look. Most expert-approved ones are also easier to maintain and reduce the risk of mold buildup due to their lack of storage feature.
5. How big should a pedestal sink be?
The ideal size would depend on your bathroom’s dimensions and the desired counter space. The average width of pedestal sinks varies from 18 to 22 inches; the height would be between 29 to 34 inches.
6. Do pedestal sinks need a backsplash?
A backsplash can be necessary if the pedestal sink is situated against the wall or if the sink basin is smaller than the standard size.
7. Are all pedestal sinks the same height?
The average height of the pedestal sinks mentioned in this list ranges from 33 to 34.5 inches. Since the exact measurements vary based on the brand, reading the product details furnished by the manufacturer could give a precise assessment.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John, our in-house writer and reviewer, writes informative content on furniture, kitchenware, household requirements, and more. She prioritizes long-lasting performance and user convenience to find the best products for you. Sakshi has compiled an exclusive collection of the best pedestal sinks, considering the space constraints and material quality. With detailed information and a useful buying guide, you can choose the right sink for your home.
Give your bathroom a sleek, modern, and spacious twist by installing the best pedestal sinks. The options listed here include different types of pedestal sinks that fit comfortably into small bathrooms and allow you to wash your hands in style. These sinks are designed to look timeless and luxurious, and their compact size and shape can make your bathroom appear bigger and more organized. Some come with water-efficient faucets and vanity cabinets to provide a complete solution to all your storage and sanitation needs while being a breeze to maintain. Some top-rated ones are the Swiss Madison Well Made Forever Pedestal Washbasin for its compact design and ease of installation, the Fine Fixtures Pedestal Sink for being scratch- and rust-resistant, and the stylish Qierao Pedestal Sink with a solid oak wood base and a tempered glass top.
Infographic: What Are The Advantages Of Pedestal Sinks?
Pedestal sinks are stylish and practical fixtures that give any bathroom a classic and elegant look. With their freestanding design, they offer a minimalist approach while adding functionality to modern spaces. Look at the infographic below to discover the merits of installing a pedestal sink.