If you are a barbecue enthusiast, you must have a pellet grill smoker in your backyard to prepare the best tasting grilled foods.
A pellet grill is like an outdoor oven that ignites wooden pellets and has multiple fans to heat food at a specific temperature to give it a smoky flavor. These smokers offer numerous cooking options apart from roasting, baking, and barbecuing. Pellet grill smokers work with an electric auger, feeding natural wood pellets into it.
The LED controller is used for setting the temperature, fuel, and oxygen supply. The flame of the firebox circulates the smoke, ensuring even cooking of the foods. Keep reading for a list of the best pellet grill smokers you can buy to up your barbecuing experience.
11 Best Pellet Grills Smokers
Green Mountain Davy Crockett portable grill smoker has foldable legs and is compatible with 110V and 12V power adapters with three power options. You can control the smoker with your smartphone because it allows WiFi control, and you can easily set the temperature or preset the timer when cooking food. The product has a cooking space of 219 square inches and provides a two-year warranty.
- WiFi control
- Foldable legs make storage easy
- Comes with a warranty
- Cooking area may be a bit small
Camp Chef SmokePro offers a large-capacity smoker that can effectively store about 20 pounds of pellets. The grill has a unique ash removal system to ensure easy cleaning and an electronic automatic start ignition for a quick start. The dual LED temperature display shows the cooking temperature and the temperature of the food being cooked. The product also has a dispensation system, enabling easy and quick removal of wood pellets when you need a larger cooking area.
- Easily foldable front shelf
- Easy to clean
- Rapid start
- One year warranty
- The product may not be WiFi-enabled
The Masterbuilt Charcoal grill smoker is equipped with a built-in temperature gauge and a meat probe thermometer for excellent cooking results. You can use WiFi or Bluetooth on any smart device to easily control the temperature and cooking time.
The digital fan ensures precise temperature control, and the hopper can easily hold about ten pounds of block charcoal and about 16 pounds of briquettes. The grill smoker has reversible smoke and sear cast iron grates, suitable for slow smoking. The smoker has two racks with porcelain coating, and the cooking area is 560 square inches.
- WiFi controllable
- Large cooking surface
- Works well for slow smoking as well
- Convenient to use
- Fan quality could be better
Green Mountain GMG 2020 offers a portable smoker convenient to carry and suitable for tailgating, road trips, and camping. The product has a thermal sensor SenseMate, which can continuously monitor the temperature, and include foldable legs. The pellet grill has a durable pellet headcover for protection against uncertain weather. It is compatible with a 12V battery and can easily be operated with a car battery.
- Easy to carry
- Comes with a weatherproof cover
- Easy to operate
- Continuously monitors temperature
- Cleaning up may take time
The Traeger pellet grill smoker is a comfortable and multifunctional device with six functions: grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, braising, and BBQ. You can easily control this WiFi-compatible product through the app, effectively change the temperature, and set a snack timer too. The pellet smoker’s surface is 575sft and has precise temperature control to ensure smoked and tender food.
- Versatile equipment
- Easy to control panel
- Cooks smoky and juicy food
- No warranty offered
The Pit Boss pellet grill is a device with 465 square inches area and has a slide plate frame for direct and indirect heating. The product has a simple LED reading and a temperature range of 180° to 500°, effectively performing slow and fast cooking. The equipment has porcelain-coated steel cooking grates and is equipped with a removable serving tray. The two large wheels of the pellet smoker make it easy to move from one place to another, and the hopper can hold five pounds of pellet for a long time.
- Simple LED panel
- Substantial cooking space
- Suitable for both fast and slow cooking
- Design may not appeal to all
Oklahoma Joe’s pellet grill has two unique features that can effectively help cooking. The timer mode will help you know when the food has reached the set time, and the temperature probe mode can check the food’s internal temperature. The 578 square inch pellet smoker is ideal for low and slow cooking at 175°.
It can also cook juicy meat at 650° in the searing mode. The smoker is equipped with a porcelain-coated iron grate and two adjustable racks of 328 square inches, while the sturdy steel hopper can effectively hold 20 pounds of pellets.
- Large hopper minimizes frequent refilling of pellets
- Impressive cooking area
- Easy to clean
- May be slightly expensive
The Camp Chef pellet smoker has a 429-inch cooking surface and porcelain enameled steel cooking grates. The smoker has an LED digital panel and an adjustable chimney. The patented ash removal system ensures easy, quick cleaning, and the hopper can effectively hold 18 pounds of pellets. The product has two large wheels for movement, and the hardwood pellets ensure durability.
- Easily readable LED display
- Variable temperature range
- Great heat retention
- Easy to clean
- Ash catcher may be smaller
Z Grill ZPG-1000D smoker is a multifunctional model suitable for grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, searing, braising, BBQ, or char-grilling. The product is ideal for cooking with about 20 pounds of pellets for about 20 hours. The smoker is equipped with a digital LED screen and automatic temperature control.
Locking casters wheels make the product easy to move. You can easily set the temperature to 180°F to 450°F for cooking on this product with a surface area of 432 square inches. The grill smoker’s stainless steel body gives it a sleek appearance.
- Versatile use
- Simple to use LED display
- Sleek look
- Three-year warranty
- It may not be WiFi compatible
Cuisinart CPG-4000 is a 15-pound hopper designed for easy grilling, can provide smoky snacks, and has a built-in electric ignition. The package includes a weatherproof grill, and the cooking surface of the product is 450 square inches. The multifunctional equipment is suitable for grilling, smoking, roasting, baking, and BBQ. The grill smoker features an internal fan and includes a folding front shelf and a holder for a disposable drippings cup.
- Easy to move
- Features electric ignition
- Simple LED display
- Foldable front shelf
- A bit hard to assemble
Grilla Grills Silverbac is a 900 square inch stainless steel smoker with a double-wall insulated barrel and a robust powder-coated shell. The pellet grill has a dual-mode PID controller, which can provide temperature accuracy and smoke exhaust mode, easily adjustable according to your cooking requirement. The 20-pound hopper has an automatic feeding system and a high-quality protective cover. You can effectively increase the cooking capacity of the grill smoker with a quarter-inch stainless steel upper rack.
- Sturdy built
- Extendable upper rack
- Versatile use
- Enhanced protection with cover
- Non-reusable dripping cup
How To Choose The Right Pellet Grills And Smokers?
Here are a few critical factors you must look for while purchasing a high-quality grill smoker.
- Grill surface area: If you plan to host a large party, choose a pellet smoker with a large surface and a pellet smoker with a small surface for a smaller gathering or indoor use.
- Portable: If you plan on taking your pellet smoker for outdoor adventures or move it from one place to another in your backyard, choose a grill smoker with large wheels to ensure easy movement. A portable pellet smoker grill allows you to transport it anywhere in your house quickly.
- Built: When choosing a pellet smoker grill, select a grill made of stainless steel as it won’t rust or damage. A durable, high-quality pellet smoker can sustain high temperatures.
- WiFi connectivity: The WiFi function allows you to monitor the food’s internal temperature anywhere, provided you have an internet connection.
- Easy to clean: Choose the pellet smoker with detachable trays, making the grill easy to clean.
- Versatility: Select a pellet grill that can serve multiple purposes, such as cooking, baking, roasting, smoking, braising, char-grilling, and BBQ.
- Wood pellet smoker: The wood pellet smoker provides a longer overall burning time and a strong smoky flavor. These pellet grill smokers are perfect for grilling and are best if you want to cook juicy meat.
Pellet smokers have gained tremendous popularity as they have the best combination of grilling space and simple controls to provide the most delicious and flavorful smoked food. The grills listed in this post are easy to use and have features to meet users’ varied needs. Use the buying guide, and you should be able to pick the best pellet grill smoker for your home or restaurant.