Teens are meticulous about their appearance and are fashionable. They also do their best to smell good. The best perfumes for teens are an integral part of their grooming, as smelling good gives a pleasant feeling not just to the person wearing it but also to those around them.
Raluca Oita, a fashion designer and co-founder of Georgette’s Patterns, says, “Just as an outfit can reflect a person’s personality and preferences, so can perfume. With its wide range of scents and notes, a perfume can be a personal and expressive way to complete an outfit and add elegance and sophistication to any ensemble.”
A good perfume not only makes one feel fresh but also boosts one’s confidence, all of this in just one spritz. Read this post as we bring you a list of the best perfumes your teens would love. We have listed perfumes for girls and boys, and some unisex fragrance options. So, keep scrolling and choose the best ones.
Best Perfumes For Teenage Girls
Perfumes for girls need not be just fruity or floral. Their tastes may vary from sporty to laidback or sophisticated to edgy as well. With a plethora of options in the market, here are some of the top perfumes for girls.
Though they are categorized for girls, there is no gender discrimination when it comes to perfumes. These may be used by boys, and girls may want to try a perfume mentioned in our next section for boys.
1. Best Sweet-Smelling Perfume For Teens: Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana
Launched in the early 2000s, this popular perfume has become the signature scent of many. Packaged in a beautiful white and blue translucent bottle, it comes in three sizes 25ml, 100ml and 200ml. This light blue perfume contains a fresh scent of frozen grapefruit, juniper, Sicilian mandarin, and bergamot. Watch this instructional video for more details about the designer perfume.
- Smells fresh, sweet and alluring.
- A couple of spritzes are enough to last all day.
- Signature perfume, perfect for all seasons, rain or shine.
- Some users may find the scent too mild.
2. Best Floral Perfume For Teens: J’Adore by Christian Dior
Manufactured in France, this perfume from a renowned, celebrity-endorsed brand makes the user feel romantic. It comes in a beautiful transparent bottle with gold detailing on the neck and lid. This Christian Dior perfume comes in 30ml and 50ml bottles. It has a combination of various flowers such as violet, rose, floral orchids, and blackberry musk. Check out a tester’s experience in this video review that has additional information about the luxury perfume.
- Has a refreshing floral scent
- Romantic perfume with a long-lasting aroma.
- Slightly heavy on the pocket for a small bottle.
- Teenagers with sensitive skin may try it once before buying.
3. Best Coffee-Scented Perfume For Teens: Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent
Black opium is packaged in a shiny black bottle and comes in a 90ml variant. The scent is made of pears and oranges. It is complemented by the woody tones of patchouli. A significant feature about the perfume is the longevity based on the user’s skin type. This woody perfume was a 2015 Allure Best of Beauty awards winner. Have a look at this video that explores a reviewer testing the perfume.
- A blend of the rich coffee aroma and the sweet sensuality of vanilla.
- Has a long-lasting effect.
- Requires more than one spritz.
- Users who do not like a strong scent may find this overpowering.
Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana
Best Sweet-Smelling Perfume For Teens
J'Adore by Christian Dior
Best Floral Perfume For Teens
Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent
Best Coffee-Scented Perfume For Teens
|Dimensions||5 x 7 x 9 inches||3 x 3 x 5 inches||3 x 3 x 5 inches|
|Weight||3.53 Ounces||8.78 Ounces||8.78 Ounces|
4. Best Perfume With Spicy Notes: Black Orchid by Tom Ford
Beautifully packaged, this perfume comes in shiny elegant black bottles of 30ml, 50ml, and 100ml. This fragrance is made of rich and dark accords with an alluring potion of black orchids and spice. The perfume contains alcohol denat, geraniol fragrance, linalool, citronellol, aqua, limonene, coumarin, citral, eugenol, and cinnamyl. It smells intense yet subtle for everyday wear.
- Smells intense yet subtle for everyday wear.
- Just a couple of spritzes are enough and does not require reapplication.
- Users, who are allergic to alcohol, may find it irritable to the skin. Therefore, use it with caution.
5. Best Subtle-Smelling Perfume For Teens: Hippie Chic by True Religion
This popular perfume is available in two sizes, 50ml and 100ml. The top notes of the fragrance mist consist of raspberry, Fuji apple, and pomegranate. Jasmine, lily, and hibiscus make the heart and the base notes contain woody notes and musk.
- Packaged in a pretty pink bottle, it has a cheerful fragrance.
- Feels fresh and the floral power in the perfume makes you feel rejuvenated, especially if you had a long tiring day.
- Light, crisp and does not feel heavy on application.
- Mild and average staying power. Hence, requires reapplication.
6. Best Sulfate-Free Perfume For Teens: Clean Warm Cotton Eau de Parfum Spray
Clean perfume comes in two sizes of 30ml and 60ml. It has a nice warm smell, which is not overpowering but feels refreshing. Packaged in a simple mint green bottle, this perfume spray smells fresh and fluffy like warm cotton.
- Sulfate- and propylene glycol-free.
- Does not contain any artificial colors, dyes, talc or mineral oil.
- May not last long and has to be reapplied.
- Some users may find it smelling like a detergent.
7. Best Perfume With Fruity Notes: Euphoria by Calvin Klein
This exotic fruity perfume by the celebrity-favorite brand, Calvin Klein, makes you break free from the everyday routine. It has a captivating fragrance, which is oriental and made up of black orchids, exotic fruits, and florals. Top notes of the scent contain persimmon, pomegranate, and lush green accord. The heart contains lotus blossom, black orchid, champaca flower, and at the base are mahogany wood, liquid amber, and cream accord. Packaged in a stylish curvy bottle, this perfume comes in a 30ml bottle.
- Smells great and thus, invites compliments.
- The fragrance is clean and fresh but not overpowering.
- May not last long.
Best Perfumes For Teenage Boys
The tastes and perfume preferences of teen boys can be whimsical and need not depend on the changing trends. If they like a particular perfume, they would invest in it whether or not it is in vogue. They might prefer perfumes that are strong. Here are a few choices if you are looking for perfumes for boys.
8. Best Citrusy Perfume For Teens: 360 Red by Perry Ellis
360 Red is an aromatic and clean scent containing a blend of citrus, fragrant woods, spice, and musk. The top notes consist of sunburst mandarin, citrus lime zest, and Italian parsley. The heart of the perfume is made of nutmeg, red cinnamon, clove bud, and coriander. The base in this scent is wrapped with red cedarwood, sandalwood, vetiver oakmoss, musk, and Indonesian patchouli.
Packaged in a beautiful red-colored glass bottle, this citrus perfume comes in a 100ml size.
- Has a strong, citrusy aroma with a tinge of spice, which makes it stay longer.
- Ideal for hot summer days when you sweat a lot.
- As the perfume comes in just one size, it’s bulky to carry around and not travel-friendly.
- Some users may find the scent to be strong due to the presence of various fragrant woods in it.
9. Best Masculine Perfume For Teens: Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier
This classic perfume is best suited to the masculine teen boys out there who are looking for a bold scent. The packaging stands out with the tin can outer cover and a muscular torso which contains the fresh perfume. It comes in three different sizes, 75ml, 125ml, and a travel size as well.
The top notes of Le Male are wrapped with bergamot, mint, cardamom, and artmesia. The heart consists of cumin, orange blossom, lavender and cinnamon, and the base notes are made of tonka bean and fragrant woods like sandalwood and cedar.
- The warm, fresh and strong scent lasts long.
- In spite of being a heavy perfume, it dries down quickly.
- Some users may find the heavy and bold scent pungent for regular use.
- The presence of cumin, cinnamon, and fragrant woods may be irritable to teens with highly sensitive skin.
10. Best Long-Lasting Perfume For Teens: Joop Pour Homme
Launched in 1989, this perfume is still one of the most preferred perfumes by men. Packaged in an elegant burgundy red bottle, it comes in two variants 125ml and 200ml. The pinkish scent draws its colors from the ingredients of the perfume.
The top notes of the perfume consist of bergamot and cinnamon. Heart notes are wrapped with honeysuckle, jasmine and orange blossom. Sandalwood, vanilla, musk, amber, tonker bean and patchouli form the base of the perfume.
- Just a couple of dabs on the pulse points make it last all day long.
- Some users may feel the fragrance on their clothes even longer.
- Has a fresh floral and sweet fragrance, which makes it attractive
- The citrusy notes may smell pungent and brash for some users.
11. Best Exquisite:Clinique Happy by Clinique
Clinique Happy has a refreshing fruity scent, which is a blend of mandarin orange, citrus lemon, and grapefruit. Packaged in an exquisite bottle, this eau de toilette comes in 50ml and 100ml variants.
The top notes are formed by lime, lemon, and mandarin orange; the heart consists of lily of the valley, freesia, jasmine, and rose. The base notes are wrapped with musk, cypress, guaiac wood, and cedar.
- Can be worn on any occasion, season and time of the year.
- Lasts about six hours with just one spritz.
- Some users may find the scent too subtle and mild.
12. Best Classy:Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren
Polo Blue has a musk-like spicy scent. This fragrance has notes of velvety moss, verbena, spicy basil, amber wood, patchouli, tangerine and coeur sheer musk. It is packaged in a classy bottle in blue glass and comes in two sizes–125ml and 200ml.
The top notes of this teenage perfume are formed by blending cucumber, mandarin orange, and melon. The heart consists of sage, basil, and geranium, and the base notes are wrapped with suede, woodsy notes, and musk.
- A fruit-filled charismatic perfume, ideal for everyday wear.
- Light scent; best suited for boys who prefer less empowering scents
- May not last long and requires reapplication on hot summer days.
13. Best Aquatic:Tommy Bahama St. Barts
Perfect for the beach boys, this perfume is made with an exhilarating blend of guava nectar, sea vine, and blue agave tequila. It comes in a trendy aqua blue bottle of 100ml size. The top notes of the perfume consist of tequila, lime, agave and sea notes. The heart is wrapped with salt, green notes, and guava, and the base is formed by blending palm leaf, vanilla, and musk.
- The unique perfume makes you feel the essence of the Caribbean.
- Has a clean, tropical fragrance which lasts all day long.
- Users who do not enjoy the essence of beaches and salty water may find it overpowering and heavy.
14.Best Casual:Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch
Recommended for casual wear, this perfume is a blend of lemon, orange, cardamom, rosemary, sage, musk and petitgrain. Packaged in a masculine straight cut transparent glass bottle, this perfume comes in three sizes–50ml, 100ml, and 200ml.
Orange, lemon, petitgrain and sea notes form the top base of the perfume. The heart consists of rose, sage, rosemary, lily of the valley, and jasmine, and the base notes are wrapped with Brazilian rosewood, sandalwood, vetiver, musk, and oakmoss.
- Is mild but lasts long.
- It’s light in texture, easy to use and requires just a couple of dabs on the pulse points to make it work all day.
- Some users may find the scent pungent due to the presence of various citrusy blends.
Unisex Perfumes For Teenagers
Some teenage perfumes are manufactured for use by both men and women. Such fragrances are mostly delicate, mild, and have neutral base notes, which are often loved by everyone. Here are some perfumes that can be used by both teenage boys and girls.
15.Best Feminine:Yellow Diamond by Versace
Inspired by diamonds, this crystal-like perfume bottle is available in two sizes, 50ml and 90ml. It has a delightful floral scent and is brought to you by the trusted brand, Versace. The top notes of the perfume are a blend of bergamot, neroli, lemon, and pear sorbet. The heart comprises water lily, freesia, mimosa, and orange blossom, and the base notes are of guaiac wood, amber, and precious musk, making it an excellent feminine fragrance.
- Has a mild scent and a single spritz does the job.
- The sweet citrusy smell is perfect for day wear.
- May not last long and require re-application during the day.
16.Best Peachy:La Vie Est Belle L’Eau by Lancome
Ideal for casual wear, this teenage perfume is a blend of fruits and florals. It is packaged in a beautiful peachy bottle, which comes in 50ml and 100ml sizes. The notes of the perfume are wrapped with praline, vanilla, black currant, patchouli notes, and tonka bean.
- Gentle and mild on the skin.
- A couple of spritzes last all day long.
- The lid of the bottle being tiny makes it inconvenient to cover the nozzle properly. This may lead to spillage while carrying it around in your bag.
17.Best Creamy:Fancy Love by Jessica Simpson
Packaged in a beautiful and elegant creamy, white bottle with gold detailing, this perfume with a youthful scent comes in 50ml and 100ml sizes. The top notes have the aromas of pink champagne, goji leaves, peach blossom, and bergamot. The heart is a blend of Turkish rose, lotus, plumeria, peony, and jasmine, and the base notes comprise blonde wood and creamy amber.
- Is gentle on the skin, hence suitable for all skin types.
- Is ideal for daily use as the scent is mild, stays on the body and lasts long.
- Users who enjoy strong fragrances may find this to be light or even neutral on the body.
18.Best Special Occasion:Reb’l Fleur by Rihanna
Bold and daring, this beautiful scent is ideal for party nights or special occasions. Packaged in a stylish glass bottle, this perfume comes in two sizes, 50ml and 100ml. The professional-grade fragrance is a blend of sophisticated floral notes violet, tuberose, and hibiscus.
- Has a firm and natural finish.
- Reb’l lasts long and keeps you smelling fresh even in a hot atmosphere.
- Users, who enjoy mild perfumes, may find it intense and heavy to use.
19.Best Transparent:L’Imperatrice by Dolce & Gabbana
Elegantly packaged, this beautiful transparent perfume bottle comes in a 100ml variant. This fruity perfume has notes of kiwi, watermelon, musk, and pink cyclamen. Its flavors give a fresh and citrusy feeling.
- The scent is mild and soft, yet lasts long.
- Does not irritate the skin as the ingredients are gentle.
- The perfume comes only in a 100ml variant, which makes it difficult to carry around.
20.Best Invigorating:Tory Burch Eau de Parfum Spray
This perfume filled with fiery spicy undertones, is available in three sizes, 30ml, 50ml, and 100ml. The neat and clean design makes the bottle attractive.
This teenage perfume filled with fiery spicy undertones, is available in three sizes, 30ml, 50ml, and 100ml. The neat and clean design makes the bottle attractive.
The fragrance is a blend of sweet vanilla, soft moss, and milk which form the base notes of this refreshing and invigorating scent. The top notes are a mix of currant buds and leaves, pink pepper, mandarin, grapefruit, and neroli. The heart is wrapped with sweet asylum, peony, carrot seeds, jasmine, mimosa, and tuberose, and the base notes are formed by vetiver, sandalwood, cedar, and white musk.
- The scent is strong and lasts long with just a couple of dabs on the pulse points.
- Some users may find it heavy and overpowering.
21.Best Exotic:Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC Eau de Parfum
Packaged in a stylish abstract print bottle, this perfume comes in three sizes 15ml, 30ml and 60ml.
The fruity scent is enriched with wild strawberries, Italian mandarin, and white osmanthus on the top. The heart notes are a blend of honeysuckle, gardenia, mimosa and red Damascena rose, and the base notes are a combination of rum, sandalwood, vanilla, and creamy musk.
- Is mild, gentle and not overpowering.
- May not last long and requires to be reapplied.
- Not an all-season perfume and best suits cold weather.
How To Choose The Right Perfumes For Teens?
Here are a few points to help you choose the right style of perfume for teens.
- Preference: From floral and citrus to musky, woody scents, choose a perfume based on the teen’s preference. Check the ingredients and the base and top notes to ensure it suits their style.
- Concentration: Perfume concentration is the strength of the fragrance in the perfume. If your teen likes strong scents, go for those with a high concentration; if they don’t, choose mild, subtle scents.
- Safety: Check if the perfume contains any ingredient your child is allergic to. Also, ensure it is free of harmful chemicals that may not suit sensitive skin.
- Long-lasting: Choose a perfume that lasts for a few hours and doesn’t need frequent reapplication. A decent perfume should last around six to seven hours.
Jodie Filogomo, a style consultant and fashion blogger, says, “Remind your teen that they get accustomed to the scent after wearing it. Encourage them not to reapply or wear more as a result, but alternate between a couple of scents instead.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it safe for teens to use perfumes?
Yes, teens can safely use perfumes specially crafted for them. But they should avoid perfumes with allergens or overpowering fragrance.
2. At what age can a teen start wearing perfume?
Teens can start wearing perfume around 12 or 13 years. However, they should be careful regarding the fragrances and ingredients used in the perfume.
3. How long does a teen perfume last?
It depends on the fragrance the teen is using. In general, perfumes with heavier base notes last long.
A perfume is not just a mere grooming accessory but also helps induce a sense of confidence as you smell good. Determining if it goes well with the season and suits the occasion can make the decision easy. In this article, you will find a diverse range of fragrances. To find the perfume that suits you, consider factors like your skin type and ingredients list. If you like a refreshing scent that lasts all day, you may try Light Blue, Dolce & Gabbana’s sweet-smelling signature. We also recommend the Hippie Chic by True Religion for a subtle, floral aroma and the Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male for a bold and masculine fragrance. To find the perfume of your dreams, it is recommended that you opt for a skin-friendly scent that lasts long.
Infographic: How To Make A Fragrance Last Longer?
Once you select the right perfume, considering the base notes, ingredients, and preferences, applying it right is crucial to get the best out of the fragrance. Here’s an infographic to help you learn how to make the scent linger on for a long time.
- SiOWfa15: Science in Our World: Certainty and Controversy