Piggy banks bring joy to children and encourage them to save and manage money. As children, we have all wanted to have the best piggy banks that we would happily break to buy something we fancy. It was a sheer pleasure, and nothing was truly enjoyable like it. And no matter with changing times, today’s children would also love them. With several options available online, we have handpicked a few best-selling and time-tested ones so you can choose one for the money saver at home.
These piggy banks can help your kids learn about finance and the importance of saving. Here, we list some classy and cool piggy banks, ranging from mini ATMs to Halloween-inspired ones. These are easy-to-use, space-saving, and great for the environment too.
13 Best Piggy Banks To Buy
Let your baby boy’s first savings account be the classic piggy! Super cute and just like the one you had in your days, this glazed ceramic piggy will save all the coins in his enormous belly with ease. With a smooth and shiny construction, this cool piggy bank will make a perfect addition to the nursery space or kid’s room. The Pearhead ceramic bank is easy-to-use and has a large coin slot too. So, if your little boy is saving money in pockets and drawers, it’s time you give them this classic, parent-recommended piggy bank to help them keep their money safe.
- Designed to stand erect
- Easy-to-remove rubber stopper for taking out money
- Available in four colors
- Suitable for gifting
- May be smaller than expected
Don’t just save money, keep a count too! This tried-and-tested digital coin counter by Lefree will keep a tab on every penny you deposit and help you achieve your savings goal with constant tracking. Designed with an LCD screen that provides an accurate display of the total amount and storage space. And that’s not all — this electronic piggy bank recognizes all the US coins and can store up to 1000 coins. One of the best piggy banks for kids and adults, it is made of high-quality ABS transparent glass, which means you can also track your savings with ease. And unlike ceramic money boxes, it won’t break on falling, making it the perfect piggy bank. A must-try if your family loves to save, this digital coin counter will not disappoint. Here’s a review video featuring a detailed explanation of the plastic-glass piggy bank.
- Adding and taking money teaches arithmetics
- Fun way for storing loose change
- Functional and engaging
- Batteries not included
- May require adult supervision while changing batteries
To watch an adorable panda take away the coin will make your child enjoy the money-saving lessons even more! Cute and compact, this mini piggy bank makes a unique gift for children and is environment-friendly too. And what really makes it fun is the voice feature that says “hello” on placing the coin and “thank you” after it steals the coin away! Plus, this electronic piggy bank can save up to 40 coins and comes with an on-off power button. So, if you want your child to save money more often and learn money management skills, this panda can be their go-to banker!
- Promotes dexterity
- Teaches cause and effect
- Cute claw-shaped horn
- Made from environment-friendly materials
- May need frequent battery changes
- May not have a sensor to identify that coins are placed
Here’s a piggy bank that can easily double up as a premium decor in your room! Adding a fruity and exotic touch (pineapple lovers, indulge!), this cool piggy bank is made of high-quality ceramic stoneware, and the pineapple design adds a convenient grip to the structure too. Its unique design makes it a suitable addition to any space. And, since it is so luxurious and efficient at the same time, we think this durable piggy bank is too classy to miss!
- Suitable for storing paper notes
- Easy-to-remove rubber stopper holds contents in place
- Glazed pottery
- Makes a good adult piggy bank too
- May be smaller than expected
- May be prone to chipping
Now anyone can save money in Toy Story’s adorable piggy, Hamm! An ideal option if you are looking for a plastic piggy bank, this piggy bank is made of high-quality material to stand the test of time. Making saving and depositing money a fun experience for kids, this plastic pink piggy bank for kids can double up as a toy too. A great addition to your kids’ toy story collection, the toddler piggy bank accepts all US coins and has a large coin slot for an easy deposit too. And for retrieving the money, you can remove the pig head or the rubber plug at the bottom. Still, wondering how to make “saving money” fun for kids?
- Colorful and realistic detailing
- Has a torsional piston design for storing money
- Sturdy and non-toxic
- Suitable for gifting
- Works as a home decor
- Children may find it difficult to remove the head
- May not be suitable for holding large amount of coins
Your classic piggy bank just got a digital and electronic upgrade! Watch your kids keep track of their finances and learn basic money management skills while you keep track of their savings with this transparent and high-quality piggy bank. It has an automatic built-in coin counter and easy-to-read LCD screen, and kids can even practice math with the add and subtract options on this electronic piggy bank. Compact and cute, this simple piggy bank may look minimalistic, but it recognizes and accepts all US coins. Designed to run on 2AA batteries and easy-to-use, watch this durable piggy bank turn into a money saver for the entire family instantly.
- Made from strong ABS plastic
- Convenient twist-off lid
- Available in three colors
- May glitch at times
- May not always recognize the correct coin
A mini ATM for your little girl to deposit her precious savings! If classic piggy banks are too old-school for her, go for this large-capacity ATM that not only saves coins but paper notes too. Easy-to-use and durable, all she has to do is place the note on the scroll and it automatically rolls in the money, just like a slot machine! Ideal to save up to 600 coins and 100 paper notes, this mini ATM comes with a password feature and produces bank sounds too. The cool piggy bank is also non-toxic and environmentally-friendly.
- Made of eco-friendly ABS plastic
- Teaches children about safety consciousness
- Children can learn how an ATM works
- Durable and anti-aging finish
- May not suit old paper notes
- May drain out battery quickly
Saving money can’t get any more real and fun than this! Just like a slot machine, this sturdy and professional-looking ATM will roll in the paper note automatically. Plus, the kids will have to set a password to retrieve the money, thus helping them learn all about financial safety. To make the experience all the more genuine for the little users, this cool piggy bank for kids comes with a pretend fingerprint, produces bank sounds, and has a UV light to check paper notes! And that’s not all — it records the last three deposit operations and has a built-in voice clock and alarm too. It’s just what you need to encourage your kids to save extra money–don’t miss out on this mini ATM.
- Motorized bill feeder to deposit money
- Voice record function for added safety
- Large capacity
- Can be reset if the bank malfunctions
- Realistic design
- Batteries not included
- Children may find it complicated to use
Spirited Away fans, this one’s for you all! Just like the on-screen character, No Face Man will swallow anything and everything that comes in its way. In this case, being coins that once placed in the red bowl, the figurine will open his large mouth and swallow it all in! Super durable and unique, it also has a money retrieving lid at the bottom and plays funny sounds every time it swallows the coin. And if you are wondering whether it will last? It’s made of high-quality ABS material and is a great prop to display during Halloween too.
Right out of a fairytale and into your princess’ bedroom, this ceramic carriage will make your little girl squeal with joy. A perfect addition to her princess-themed room, it will double up as a timeless masterpiece on the shelf space too. It is also one of the best piggy banks for kids to encourage young girls to keep track of their savings and achieve their savings goal. This one also has large storage space and a convenient coin slot.
- Curled up ribbons enhances the overall look
- Comes with a removable rubber stopper at the bottom
- Easy to use
- May get heavy when more coins are added
Brace yourselves for this husky-inspired adorable piggy bank will make your heart melt. An ideal company for your dog-loving child and even better if you have a husky at home, DomeStar Cute Dog Bank is lightweight and made of high-quality plastic. Besides this, the 3D-designed head and tail are movable, all thanks to the premium workmanship, and it also has a cute dog tag! Being your child’s playmate and encouraging them to save money, the dog head is removable too but by adults only, thus preventing kids from retrieving money often.
- Made of high quality PVC
- Available in different animal variants
- Non-toxic and environment-friendly
- Head may not be easy to pull apart and put back together
- May be smaller than expected
This little dinosaur not only roars but also helps save all those pennies and extra money like a pro! So, if you are dealing with a mini wildlife explorer or dinosaur lover at home, this cute piggy bank will not disappoint. Also, besides being a fun piggy bank, it can sit on the shelf like a classy figurine since it is made of high-quality resin. Easy-to-use, watch your little one go wild with happiness on receiving this little money-saving dinosaur.
- Coin slot on top
- Money-retrieving lid at the bottom
- Easy to carry around
- Available in different dinosaur shapes
- Bottom part may require gluing to keep it intact
- May be fragile
This rocket-shaped piggy bank is for the budding astronaut in your house! Encourage your little one to save money for the next science fair by gifting them this hand-painted piggy bank. It helps them track their savings, learn money management skills, and keep their money safe at an early age. The high-quality ceramic bank is glazed for a smooth finish, making it a delightful décor in your child’s bedroom. Also, it comes with an easy-to-deposit coin slot and a rubber plug at the bottom for removing money. And as far as the storage capacity is concerned, this toddler piggy bank is large and ideal for saving both coins and (folded) paper notes.
- Large capacity
- Easy to carry around
- Can also store folded paper notes
- May chip
- Prone to cracking
How To Choose The Right Piggy Bank?
Here are some significant points to consider while purchasing a piggy bank.
- Design: Consider your child’s preference when choosing the right piggy bank. Also, ensure that the design is age-appropriate for the child. If it’s for a younger child, an animal-shaped one with unique features might encourage your child to save money while playing. However, a more practical design might suit older children and adults.
- Size: Choose the perfect size depending on how much money your child wants to put in the piggy bank. If your child wishes to save coins, a small piggy bank might work, and if they wish to keep notes, a jumbo piggy bank or a mid-sized bank might be suitable.
- Material: Consider the piggy bank’s material to ensure its durability and longevity. Some are made of glass or ceramic and, therefore, quite delicate, while others are made of plastic, stainless steel, and more and make a durable pick.
- Ease of use: Check the convenience of operating the piggy bank to choose the right one. Some designs may look appealing but may be complicated to use. Opt for simple piggy banks with safe operating mechanisms.
- Features: Look for upgraded features when choosing the right piggy bank. Some have motorized feeders, voice-record functions, LED displays, coin counters, removable rubber stoppers, and more for optimal convenience. You may also choose customizable and personalized piggy banks.
Why Trust MomJunction?
If you would like your child to develop the habit of saving money, getting them a piggy bank will serve the purpose. Priti Bose, our in-house writer, and a toy and gift reviewer, suggested the names of some of the best piggy banks to help you find the perfect piggy bank gift. These tried-and-tested options look cute and are easy to use. You may read the article for detailed information on products to make your choice for a suitable piggy bank gift idea for your little one. So, scroll through the list to choose the perfect piggy bank that ensures durability.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I save money in my piggy bank?
You can start by saving small amounts of money in a piggy bank and gradually increasing the amount weekly. Soon, you will have enough money in your hand.
2. How much money does a piggy bank hold?
It depends on the capacity of the piggy bank. A typical piggy bank can hold between 100 and 1500 coins.
3. What is the fastest way to fill a piggy bank?
Start by focusing on your finances and setting a monthly budget. You could also stop spending on unnecessary things such as store-bought coffee–make your coffee at home instead–and whatever money is left could be stored in your piggy bank.
4. Can I put paper money in a piggy bank?
Yes, you can put paper money in your piggy bank. Just make sure that it is folded according to the size of the slit in your piggy bank.
5. How can I get a dollar bill out of a piggy bank without breaking it?
You can easily get a dollar bill out of your piggy bank without breaking it in just a few steps.
- Flip your piggy bank upside down.
- Move the coins aside with the help of a toothpick.
- Use the same toothpick to hold the dollar bill in place.
- Press and slide the dollar bill out of the piggy bank with the help of the toothpick.
Piggy banks are excellent tools to help children develop the habit of saving money. And since they’re something children cherish, especially when it’s their first piggy bank, you can look for a cute and colorful one so that your little one looks forward to using it as frequently as possible. Moreover, a piggy bank, despite what its conventional name suggests, doesn’t have to be a piggy. You can also look for dino, rocket, or other designs as per your child’s likes so that they’re happy with the best piggy bank. Our recommendations include the tried-and-tested Pearhead Ceramic Piggy Bank with a classic design, the Lefree Digital Counting Money Jar with LCD, and the interactive HmiL-U Panda Stealing Money Bank.
Infographics: What To Look For When Buying a Piggy Bank?
A piggy bank helps your little one understand the importance of saving, spending, and donating money. However, you must consider a few factors when choosing one for your child. The infographic below can take you through the various features to help you choose the right one. Check it out!