If your little one has outgrown their crib, and you are shopping for their big-bed essentials, you cannot miss out on buying a comfy pillow. The best pillows for kids ensure that they get the right support for a comfortable night’s sleep. These pillows are soft, made of skin-friendly materials, small in size, and support their head and neck. Check out our list of some of the top kids’ pillows and pick one to help your child get a deep and sound sleep.
23 Best Pillows For Kids To Buy In 2023
1. Best Memory Foam: Mkicesky Toddler Memory Foam Contour Pillow
The Mkicesky Toddler Pillow is made up of memory foam and gives your kid a good night’s sleep, along with comfort. The breathable fabric and supportive memory foam core provide the ultimate comfort for your little one so that they can have a night of uninterrupted sleep.
Color: White| blue| Fill material: Memory foam| Special features: Ergonomic, breathable| Dimensions: 25 x 16 x 5.3in
- The toddler pillow offers the right security to your child to feel safe, especially when on the go.
- The super-responsive memory foam is designed to adjust to every movement of your child.
- It also helps relieve various pressure points to improve blood circulation.
- It has got a removable and washable pillowcase made of organic fabric that is velvety soft.
- The memory foam of the pillow is not machine washable.
- The pillow might come across excessively stuffed.
2. Best Stitching: Biloban Baby Pillow With Pillowcase
Biloban’s Baby Pillow with Pillowcase is a great pillow for toddlers who don’t have much experience using a pillow. This fluff and wide pillow is among the best pillows for children as it has the appropriate softness, so your little one gets an adequate lift. Made of 100% cotton and polyester filling with a microfiber outer shell, it’s suitable for a baby’s sensitive skin. This neatly stitched baby toddler pillow is comfortable and cozy.
Color: Gray| Fill material: Polyester | Special features: Skin friendly, breathable| Dimensions: 13 x 18in
- Adequate thickness
- Comes with a hypoallergenic filling
- One-year warranty
- Color selection may be limited
- Pillowcase may shrink after being washed
3. Best For Neck Support: KeaBabies My Little Dreamy Pillow
The plush, fluffy, and soft pillow by KeaBabies has an ideal height of 3.5 inches and is ergonomically designed to ensure utmost comfort. The pillow provides good neck support and is suitable for children aged between two and five years.
Color: White| Fill Material: Fiber ball filling| Special features: Travel-friendly and ultra-soft| Dimensions: 13 x 18in
- It comes with a gender-neutral and wild animal-themed printed pillowcase.
- The machine-washable pillow is easy to clean and maintain.
- Its compact size makes it suitable for pets as well.
- The pillowcase is made of OEKO-TEX 100 standard-certified cotton.
- May be smaller than expected
- Some may find it too fluffy for smaller toddlers
Best Memory Foam
Best For Neck Support
|Name||Mkicesky Toddler Memory Foam Contour Pillow||Biloban Baby Pillow With Pillowcase||KeaBabies My Little Dreamy Pillow|
|Fill Material||-||-||High-quality Fiber Fillings|
|Dimensions||-||-||18"L x 13"W|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Organic: My Little North Star Toddler Pillow With Pillowcase
My Little North Star toddler pillow with pillowcase is the perfect sleeping companion for your toddler. The pillow features a durable zipper and soft silky fabric that can be easily removed for machine washing. This pillowcase is made of 100% cotton and is fitted with an easy-open zipper. It comes with a matching pillowcase. It is suitable for children and adults. It keeps your child’s head and neck in a more supported and comfortable position, preventing the need for constant adjustments throughout the night.
Color: White| Fill material: Cotton| Special features: Hypoallergenic, ergonomic, breathable| Dimensions: 13 x 18in
- Hypoallergenic and breathable cotton material
- Comes with a five-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Lightweight and travel-friendly
- Comfortable neck support pillow for kids
- May not be completely chemical-free
- Pillow may not be wide enough
5. Best Fabric: Utopia Bedding Toddler Pillow
The pack of two toddler pillows is made with a soft and breathable 250-thread-count cotton blend shell and polyester filling to offer the right combination of softness and firmness. One of the best child pillows, the easy-to-clean pillows have double-needle stitching and a premium striped satin fabric cover. The dimensions of the pillow are 13×18 inches.
Color: Gray| Fill material: Polyester | Special features: Soft and plush, neat stitching, premium satin fabric| Dimensions: 13 x 18in
- Soft and comfortable
- Easy to fluff-up
- Easy to wash
- Might seem too big for young children
- Might flatten after extended use
6. Best With Organic Cotton: Babebay Toddler Pillow
This fluffy and ultra-soft pillow comes with a colorful pillowcase featuring cute animal and daily-use object caricatures and the letters of the English alphabet. The hypoallergenic and skin-friendly pillow is suitable for little ones between the ages of two and five years.
Color: White with sateen stripes| Fill material: 9D microfiber filling| Special features: Ultra-soft and hypoallergenic| Dimensions: 13 x 18in
- The breathable cover is made of 100% organic cotton.
- It features 240 thread counts, making it soft and durable.
- The pillow is recommended by pediatricians and chiropractors.
- The machine-washable pillow is easy to clean and maintain.
- Some may find the pillow to be thicker than expected.
- The seams may not be highly durable.
7. Best For Traveling: PharMeDoc Toddler Pillow For Kids
The small size of the pillow makes it the right travel pillow for kids. The pillow with a built-in safety cover is machine-washable. Despite its small size, the pillow provides support to the child. This safety-tested pillow is the right choice while traveling for a comfortable journey.
Color: Dino cotton| Fill material: Polyester | Special features: Cooling, ultra-soft| Dimensions: 14 x 19in
- This pillow is made up of soft, 100% cotton material.
- The soft polyfill material keeps the pillow from flattening after continuous use.
- The built-in non-removable pillow cover makes it safe from any suffocation hazards.
- You don’t need a pillowcase and still stays firm even after 400 machine washes, making it one of the best pillows for children.
- The pillow might seem bulky for a toddler.
8. Best For Toddlers: Urban Infant Pipsqueak Pillow with Name Tag
This small hypoallergenic pillow for kids is ideal for your little one, as it is suitable to use at preschool or daycare. You can also use this small, or mini pillow anywhere to provide back support and also use it as a headrest for the child.
Color: White| Fill material: Polyester | Special features: Tiny size| travel-friendly| Dimensions: 11 x 7 x 2.5in
- This pillow for kids is smaller than an airplane pillow.
- It adds the right balance and provides perfect support to the neck and head.
- It can also be used as a traveling pillow.
- This tiny pillow is washable and has hypoallergenic cluster-fill.
- The pillow might become less fluffy after continuous washing.
- Might be small for an older child.
9. Best Skin-Friendly: Little Sleepy Head Toddler Pillow
This soft pillow for kids is super smooth and cozy. It is 100% hypoallergenic and is also gentle on your child’s skin. Plus, it is machine washable and can be fluffed up again.
Color: White| Fill material: Polyester | Special features: Ergonomic| hypoallergenic, Dimensions: 13 x 18in
- This snug pillow for kids is right for your toddler to carry it around wherever they go.
- It is 100% hypoallergenic.
- It is neither too fluffy nor too flat.
- It does not come with a cover.
- It could become lumpy after continuous use.
10. Best Durable: Snuggle-Pedic Toddler And Kids Pillow
The Snuggle-Pedic toddler pillow needs no constant fluffing and holds its shape throughout the night. The good-quality shredded memory foam helps provide comfort and support to your children. The tiny memory foam pieces make it lighter and more resilient than a regular pillow, making it a durable memory foam pillow for kids.
Color: White| Fill material: Memory foam | Special features: Kool-Flow bamboo cover, travel-friendly| Dimensions: 13 x 18in
- The pillow adjusts to your child’s frame.
- It is machine-washable.
- It can be spread out to provide extra support for your neck, stomach, and back sleepers, making it one of the best child pillows.
- It is made from CertiPUR-US-certified foam, which is environmentally friendly.
- This snug pillow is hypoallergenic and dust mite-resistant.
- The pillow may be too high for toddlers.
- You might sense a chemical smell.
Available in a set of two, this toddler pillow filled with premium microfiber down alternative offers the same level of comfort and support as natural feather-filled pillows. The pillow caters to various sleeping positions that a child might adopt, ensuring uninterrupted sleep.
Color: White| Fill material: Polyester down alternative| Special features: Soft cotton cover| Dimensions: 13 x 18in
- It has a compact size, making it crib- and cot-friendly.
- The pillow is compatible with most branded pillowcases.
- It has a soft and hypoallergenic cotton outer shell.
- The pillow is lightweight and travel-friendly.
- The pillow may not be washable.
- The set does not include pillow covers.
Perfect for both back and side sleepers, this Moonsea toddler pillow set includes two plush pillows and two white pillowcases. Trusted by moms, the pillows are thick and offer good support to the head and neck, and the covers are soft, with a luxurious silk-like texture for maximum comfort.
Color: White| Fill material: Supportive down alternative| Special features: Does not get lumpy after washing| Dimensions: 13 x 18in
- They can be machine-washed on a gentle cycle, ensuring easy maintenance.
- The pillowcases feature a zip- and button-free enclosure, making them child-safe.
- These covers are made of 100% soft cotton Jersey, meeting OEKO-TEX standards.
- The fabric used is skin-friendly, hypoallergenic, and breathable.
- Some may find the pillowcases to be thinner than expected.
- The stitching may not be highly durable.
This toddler gel pillow from Wavve not only provides optimum support to your kid’s posture but also helps to be cool and comfortable. The two-in-one contour feature gives you a choice to choose the contour. This pillow is bereft of any harmful chemicals.
Color: White| Fill material: Memory foam| Special features: Gel pad, antibacterial| hypoallergenic| Dimensions: 10 x 18in
- The gel pillow helps disperse the kid’s body heat to facilitate a longer and cooler sleep.
- It has a two-in-one wave design that gives a choice between a higher and a lower contour.
- The premium and soft memory foam keeps your head and neck well-supported, promoting healthy posture.
- Sometimes it might get cold for a child to sleep.
- It can only be spot-cleaned.
This multifunctional travel pillow can also be used as a neck pillow or just as an arm pillow. Made of cotton, this breathable pillow for kids makes it easier for children to sleep. The adorable shape of the pillow adds a little more fun and interest to the room.
- This pillow can be transformed into four types, namely kids sleeping pillow, throw pillow, neck pillow, and an arm pillow.
- The cute cotton pillow can add a dash of freshness and vitality to the look and feel of your home.
- The breathable outer layer is made of cotton.
- The pillow might seem fluffy.
- It is not machine washable but can be spot-cleaned.
My Perfect Dreams Toddler Pillow is designed to provide proper neck and head alignment for your kids. It is not too fluffy and not too thin, but just the right filling for your child’s healthy posture. This pillow is among the best pillows for children as it is super soft since it is made up of 100% cotton, which helps your child to snuggle or curl up while sleeping.
Color: White | Fill material: Polyester fiber| Special features: Ergonomic, travel-friendly| Dimensions: 13.8 x 7.2in
- The cotton pillowcase can be removed for easy cleaning.
- The cuddly pillow for kids is machine-washable.
- It is hypoallergenic and dust mite-resistant.
- The pillowcase might feel rough.
- The size is smaller than expected.
Does your toddler move a lot while sleeping throughout the night? Then, this is a suitable pillow for them. This compact pillow for toddlers is ideal for kids aged two years and above since it provides apt head and neck support.
Color: White with sateen stripes| Fill material: Down alternative| Special features: Ultra-soft, hypoallergenic, lump-free| Dimensions: 13 x 18in
- This pillow is filled with premium synthetic polyester cluster fiberfill that is covered by cotton to make the pillow breathable and comfortable.
- It is machine-washable and lump-free.
- You need not go for a separate pillow over, as the pillow shell is designed to serve that purpose.
- It is a chiropractor-recommended toddler pillow that promotes healthy posture.
- The 300-thread count cotton pillowcase helps block impurities.
- The cluster-fiber filling helps the pillow last long.
- The seams of the pillow may not hold up well.
- You might feel a chemical smell.
- The filling tends to crumble over a period.
Choose this full-body and contoured pillow designed to provide knee and calf support while reducing stress on the shoulders and lower back for side sleepers. It is made of 7D hypoallergenic polyester fiber and features a cool and soft cotton cover. The pillow is suitable for children aged three years and above.
Color: White| Fill material: Polyester fiber fill| Special features: Multipurpose pillow| Dimensions: 35.4 x 12in
- Its cover features a bright and cheerful dinosaur-themed print.
- The cover is made with Jersey cotton, bestowing it with cooling properties.
- Its zipper closure comes with a fabric cover, making it child-safe.
- The sleeping pillow can be used as a play pillow or support pillow.
- The filling may be firm for some.
Featuring three removable foam layers, this unique pillow’s height can be adjusted to accommodate your child’s comfort and rapidly changing growth levels. The pillow is filled with moisture-wicking and odor-resistant memory foam to keep your child cool and comfortable.
Color: Off-white| Fill material: Memory foam| Special features: Grows with the child| Dimensions: 12 x 20in
- The ergonomic pillow features a contoured shape instead of a flat design for comfort.
- The pillow has a removable, washable, and breathable modal fabric cover.
- Featuring a hidden zipper, the pillow cover ensures that your child doesn’t get scratched by it.
- It is a CertiPUR-US certified-safe pillow, making it durable and safe for children.
- Some may not find the foam firm and thick enough.
- The pillow may not be machine-washable
My Little North Star organic toddler pillow is hypoallergenic, breathable, and designed for children between the ages of two and five years. The 100% organic cotton shell is soft and helps your child sleep comfortably. It is free from fungicides, pesticides, herbicides, or GMOs. It can be washed.
Color: White | Fill material: Cotton | Special features: Silky smooth| organic, breathable| Dimensions: 14 x 19in
- The poly cluster fiber filling keeps allergies at bay.
- This pillow for kids is made of eco-friendly materials.
- It is super soft and helps your child have an uninterrupted sleep.
- The pillow might eventually lose its shape.
The memory foam filling in this pillow has undergone rigorous tests to ensure safety for your kid. Your child is quite likely to find this safety-tested soft pillow comfortable, making it one of the best pillows for children.
Color: White| Fill material: Memory foam| Special features: Adjustable, breathable| Dimensions: 13 x 19in
- You can add or remove memory foam fill to achieve the best support for your child.
- These pillows are machine-washable.
- It doesn’t come with a pillow cover.
- It gives out a chemical odor initially.
The Wildkin kids nap mat pillow features an exclusive slender and rectangular shape, making it perfect for short trips, picnics, and vacations, apart from indoor use. Its unique and tested design ensures it retains its shape and eliminates the risk of lumps.
Color: White | Fill Material: Soft cotton blend fill | Special features: Elongated shape and travel-friendly| Dimensions: 8 x 18in
- The pillow is made of BPA- and phthalate-free materials.
- Its soft cotton-blend build makes it suitable for all seasons.
- The portable pillow is designed to fit into duffel bags.
- The pillow meets CPSC safety standards.
- It is not machine washable.
- Finding the right-sized cover for it could be challenging.
The CoPiPa toddler pillow serves as a sleeping pillow, throw pillow, and plush companion, offering a versatile three-in-one solution for your toddler. In addition to the adorable shark design, this expert-approved vibrant and colorful pillow is also available in dragon, penguin, monkey, and unicorn themes. This trusted-brand has won the prestigious Mom’s Choice award.
Color: Blue and gray| Fill material: Polyester fiber| Special features: Animal-themed| Dimensions: 12.6 x 17.7in
- The pillow is made of non-toxic and CPSC-approved child-safe materials.
- The soft and fluffy pillow is ergonomically designed for comfort.
- The pillow cover is removable and machine-washable.
- It features serge-stitched seams to ensure durability.
- The animal features and facial expressions are embroidered.
- Some may not like the large tag.
- Some may find it smaller than expected.
Here’s a fluffy and adaptive pillow by Nestl to let your child sleep peacefully and in the right position. This pillow is filled with plush microfiber and comes with a 100% organic cotton cover. In addition, the pillow can be conveniently machine-washed, ensuring easy maintenance.
Color: White| Fill material: Polyester cluster fiber fill| Special features: Hypoallergenic and adaptive| Dimensions: 13 x 18in
- The pillow is hypoallergenic and breathable.
- Its compact design makes it travel-friendly.
- The pillow has a minimalistic design, making it ideal for modern nursery decor.
- It comes in a set of two.
- Some may find the pillow to be thinner than expected.
- The seams may not be strong enough.
How To Choose The Right Pillows For Kids?
Before making a purchase, consider these points to choose the best kids pillow.
- Sleeping position: Your kid’s preferred sleeping position determines the kind of pillow they need. So, keep this factor in mind when choosing a pillow for your child.
- Pillow sizes: The three most common pillow sizes are queen, king, and standard. You will also find intermediary sizes and adjustable pillows for kids–so check the size before making a purchase.
- Pillow filling: Pillow filling makes a crucial difference in how the pillow holds up over time after continuous use. The type of filling also plays a significant role in supporting the head and neck.
- Specialty pillows: Specialty pillows are known to relieve particular pressure points. Always choose a supportive pillow for kids.
Rachel Nelson, a professional childcare expert, seamstress, and entrepreneur, says, “Not all pillows for children come in the same size. Make sure you check the dimensions of the pillow.” She adds, “You should also consider the material of the pillow. Pick a pillow that is breathable and easy to care for and maintain. The best kids’ pillows should ideally be made of natural and hypoallergenic materials.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna, our experienced writer and reviewer of products for babies and children, conducts extensive research to recommend high-quality products that meet the readers’ expectations. In this post, she has compiled a well-researched list of the best kids’ pillows after considering user feedback to ensure quality, comfort, and long-lasting use. She has also included the pros and cons of each product and a buying guide to help you make the right decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age should I allow my kids to use a pillow?
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, it is not recommended to use a pillow in your child’s sleeping area until they are one year old (1). You can safely introduce a pillow at around 18 months to two years of age.
2. Can pillows cause neck pain in children?
Pillows with excessive stuffing and those with little stuffing might hurt your child’s neck. Hence, you should always choose a safe and comfortable pillow for kids.
3. Do kids need different pillows?
Yes, children need soft pillows. The best kids’ pillows are filled with memory foam and are ideal for them.
4. Do five-year-olds need pillows?
Pillows can provide them optimal comfort while sleeping. However, they should not use pillows designed for adults. Your child should use a thinner pillow that doesn’t strain their muscles.
5. What type of pillow is best for a child?
A pillow that offers good neck and spine support is an ideal children’s pillow. You may choose pillows made of cotton and bamboo, as they are breathable and can keep your child cool in the summer.
Children need restful sleep to ensure proper growth and development. If your child is struggling to get a good night’s sleep, consider browsing our list of the best pillows for children to explore the various options available. These pillows are appropriately sized for children with an ergonomic design, and they also provide additional neck and shoulder support to prevent pain. The list includes the Mkicesky Toddler Memory Foam Contour Pillow, with breathable fabric, the ergonomic KeaBabies My Little Dreamy Pillow, the hypoallergenic My Little North Star Toddler Pillow With Pillowcase, and many other comfortable options. Before purchasing the right pillow, consider your child’s sleeping position and the pillow’s material and filling for optimal comfort and relaxation.
Infographic: What To Keep In Mind When Buying Pillows For Children?
While selecting a pillow for your child, you should look for one that is not only cozy and supportive but also safe and appropriate for their age and preferences. In the infographic below, you can find valuable advice on choosing the best pillow for your child.
- How to Keep Your Sleeping Baby Safe: AAP Policy Explained