Side sleepers may sometimes find it difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position. The pillow you choose can have a direct impact on your sleep. Choosing a pillow with the right height and firmness can keep your neck and spine aligned, leading to better sleep and pain-free mornings. We have curated a list of the best pillows for side sleepers available in the market that will ensure you a sound sleep.
Benefits of Side Sleeping
Side sleeping is the most common sleeping position and has the following benefits.
- Minimizes snoring as it keeps the airways open by not letting the tongue fall back.
- Aligns your neck, thereby reducing the pressure on your shoulders, hips, and other areas.
- Prevents acid reflux or sleep apnea.
- Offers extra comfort and support while pregnant.
11 Best Pillows For Side Sleepers
Made from polycotton, Utopia’s premium-quality bed pillows come in queen size measuring 18x26in. The poly fiber filling and gray piping give a chic and minimal look. Top-quality material ensures a sound sleep without any hassles and interruptions. They are perfect for stomach, back, and side sleepers as they offer maximum comfort. It is recommended to use a sponge or a cloth to wipe off any stains or dirt.
- Stay cool and ensures a long night’s sleep
- Washable in any manner
- Plush fiberfill gives a comfortable sleep experience
- Perfect for people suffering from lower back or other back issues
- Might not inflate
- Thinner than expected
- Not firm as they claim
With 100% Egyptian cotton cover and German poly gel fiberfill material, this pillow for side sleepers measures 20x36in. The material is soft, dry, and breathable, ensuring a comfortable sleep experience. This king-sized pillow is machine washable and will never cause your head to sink into the mattress.
- Resistant to dust, pollen, pet, and other household allergens
- Fade- and stain-resistant
- Relieves neck pain and headache
- Includes one-year protection warranty against manufacturer defects
- Might get puffier/ flatter with use
- Pillows might turn hot after use
- Has lumpy edges
The luxury hotel collection queen-sized pillows are rectangular, lightweight, and measure 20x30in. They have an Egyptian cotton cover and German poly gel fiber with 2.5D high-quality fill material. The pillows are machine washable, easy to care, and the filling remains fluffy even after 100 washes. They have soft to medium firmness.
- Five seconds fast rebound for a special fluffy effect
- Ergonomic technology ensures the neck, head, and shoulder are at an optimal angle
- Three-dimensional design provides extra comfort
- Cushiony and moldable
- Might have a strong mechanical odor
- Pillows are soft and might not give support to the neck
- Might flatten easily during side and back sleeping
Epabo’s memory foam pillow is an orthopedic sleeping pillow, providing therapeutic relief. The premium fabric used for making this pillow is comfortable and will keep the pillow cool, no matter how long you use it. Its smart contour design supports and aligns your shoulder, neck, and head. This chemical-free, queen-size sleeper pillow measures 24x15x4.8in and has 20 % more foam.
- Includes a pillowcase
- Encased in a net jacket with a high-quality zipper
- Ensures zero neck pain
- Suitable for people with any form of injury
- Pillow might be higher than expected
- Might not mold according to your shape and need
Milemont’s queen-sized pillow measures 28x16x4.5/4in. The outer cover is a blend of polyester and Tencel. This ergonomic pillow for side sleepers promotes long-term spinal health. These luxuriously designed pillows offer optimal cervical comfort and support, relieving neck pain. They are easy to clean and washable.
- Unique air cell technology memory foam promotes airflow between the head and the neck to keep it cool
- Adjusts to the pressure of the neck and head
- Perfect height and a medium-firm feel
- Double pillowcase design makes it easier to clean
- Pillow might have an industrial smell, which would go away only after many uses
- Might not inflate well
With shredded memory foam, this is the best neck pillow for side sleepers. It measures 18x28in, and has a high-quality core filling. This machine-washable pillow will adjust according to your unique sleeping position. The memory foam pillow with a unique quilting design provides better support to the neck. It does not deform easily, and the outer covering can also be used as a pillowcase.
- Responds to body temperature for a restful and a comfortable sleep
- Bamboo pillowcase provides extra breathability and comfort
- Odor-free shredded foam
- Provides a good resilience to support your neck, spine, and shoulder
- Pillow might become inflated when the foam is removed for adjustment
- Some may find it difficult to get rid of the chemical smell
- Memory foam might collect together and can make the pillow lumpy
Soft yet firm, these two queen-sized pillows have well-stitched and reinforced seams. They are suitable for stomach and back sleepers. The pillows help in spine alignment and offer a comfortable sleeping position. A quilted shell ensures the pillows are breathable. They measure 20x30in each, machine washable and require zero maintenance.
- Hypoallergenic cover makes it suitable for asthma and allergy sufferers
- Well-groomed, double-needle stitching prevents the filling from shifting
- Ultra-soft and fluffy
- Can be adjusted to the height and the pressure of your neck and head
- Pillows might flatten after a few uses
- Height is higher than expected
- Pillows might not fluff up as given in the instructions
With a unique design, this side sleeper pillow is made from a blend of polyester and cotton. It is made in a comfortable cradling ‘U’ shape that aligns your neck, body, and arms. You can use this supportive pillow for traveling on flights, trains, cars, etc. The contouring foam gives you a sound sleep, and the easy-to-remove cover is machine washable too.
- Ergonomic ear pocket allows you to sleep peacefully without any friction
- Unique padded divot allows air to pass for a cooling effect
- Hypoallergenic fabric prevents dust, mites, and germs
- Firm polyester filling offers good support
- Size is smaller than expected
- Pillow might become lumpy as the foam filling might sag
- Has a bad chemical odor to it
Ergonomically designed, this side sleeper pillow is the best memory foam pillow for side sleepers. It is designed to relax the shoulders and the neck, and the ultra-comfortable foam reshapes to the cradle of your neck and the head. Perfect for any sleeping posture, this foam pillow measures 25x16x5.3in and is machine washable, soft and breathable. It will make you sleep quickly, and you will wake up with no head or neck pains.
- Cervical contour provides comfort and supports the natural curve of the head and the neck
- Has two different heights for better sleeping positions
- Designed to reduce snoring and remove fatigue
- Temperature sensing feature provides better air circulation
- Has to be used with precision as not everyone can get into a habit of using this pillow
- If not used properly, the user might experience dizziness, and back pain
- Might give a chemical odor
With a unique curved design that encourages proper neck and spine alignment, this Zoey Sleep Store is fully adjustable. It is of queen size, measuring 19x29in, and premium white available in a washable and a double zipper case. It is lightweight with a soft inner lining for a comfortable feel. The pillow is designed to help you with the hip, back, head, neck, shoulder, waist, and any other pains.
- Helps with insomnia and stress by giving you a comfortable sleep surface.
- Pillow adjusts in shape according to the pressure and the weight
- Has a soft, luxurious, and a breathable outer cover
- Premium-quality proprietary blend of the shredded memory foam fill for a long-lasting and a smooth feel
- Might have a foul chemical odor that might not go away after many washes
- Might not be filled properly with the memory foam
- Users might experience pains due to its firmness
Specially designed for neck pains and relief, this side firm pillow measures 18x15x7in and has contouring around the shoulder. This square-shaped pillow can only be spot cleaned and is designed to support your neck, head, and shoulder. Made from hypoallergenic material, this firm pillow has a cotton blend cooling fabric that ensures a comfortable sleep.
- Center dimple reduces the pressure on the ear while sleeping
- Resistant to dust, pollen, and mites,
- Fits around the shoulder for better and a firm support
- Has a good thickness that doesn’t sag easily
- Not machine washable
- Smaller than expected
- Hard and not flexible
How To Choose The Right Pillow For Side Sleepers?
Here are a few factors to consider while buying a pillow for side sleepers.
- Support: It refers to how well the pillow maintains an even surface against the head and the neck pressure. Since spinal alignment is a significant factor for side sleepers, a pillow that doesn’t sink or elevate much should be of your choice. Prefer a pillow that has solid or latex foam.
- Thickness: Look for a pillow with medium to high loftiness as it will provide enough cushion for the head and the neck.
- Firmness: Consider a pillow where your neck is correctly aligned while you sleep. It should be pretty firm with a fluffier outer layer to give you a comfortable sleep.
- Pressure: Sometimes, when the mattress is not supportive, the pressure might develop on the hips and the shoulders. Prefer a pillow that contours according to your body.
- Material: You can choose from memory foam pillows, down alternative pillows, polyester stuffed pillows, or cotton-blend pillows.
- Shape: Choose a pillow that supports your neck and can fit in your shoulders simultaneously. Remember to fill your pillows regularly to avoid sagging and maintain fluffiness.
- Budget: Do your research well before buying a pillow. It depends on its filling, outer layer, and any other unique feature attached to it. Go for a pillow that is of optimal quality and serves your purpose.
What Pillow Materials Are Best for Side Sleepers?
Side sleepers should choose a fill material that is firm but not hard. Pillows made from memory foam or shredded memory foam feel softer when they come in direct contact with body heat. They adjust to the neck and head pressure. On the other hand, pillows filled with buckwheat are firm and feel like a hard bean bag and promote a decent airflow. Feather-filled pillows are airy and light. They are cool, durable, and won’t allow you to sink deeply in the pillow. Poly-foam pillows will mold according to your body. Lastly, latex pillows (a derivative from rubber trees) are less responsive to the body but will provide you with extra support.
We hope the information given above is enough to provide you with insights into the best pillow for side sleepers. Select the one that is affordable and feels luxurious. As a side sleeper, know your preferences and the varieties available in the market to pick the smart product.
- Best Drugstore Waterproof Mascaras
- Best Puberty Books For Girls
- Best Gripe Water
- Best Toddler Step Stool