The best ping pong balls come in a wide variety of quality, specifications, ratings, and more. They differ depending on the bounce, speed, spin, mass, etc.
The many choices available can create confusion and make it difficult for customers to choose the right set. To make this process easier, we have compiled a list of the best ping pong balls with pros and cons. Let’s learn more about the different types of ping pong balls and then find one that fits your needs.
Top Products From Our List
Types Of Ping Pong Balls
Table tennis balls can be categorized based on their purpose.
1. For training
Ping pong balls for training often come in multiple sets packed in boxes for convenient storage. They are often made of medium-grade quality and lightweight. Further, they offer medium yet consistent bounce.
2. For competition
Ping pong balls for competitions are professionally made with the highest ratings. Their use in competition-level tournaments requires them to be sturdy, heavy, and yet sufficiently bouncy for enhanced control while playing. They are ITTF-approved and come with 40+ markings.
3. For recreation
Recreational ping pong balls have a lightweight make and can be used for fun games at home or beer pong at a club or house party.
10 Best Ping Pong Balls
The ping pong ball set from Kevenz comes in a pack of 60 balls and is given a three-star rating. Available in white and orange, these ping pong balls are designed for professionals. The three-star balls weigh 0.12kg and offer good bounce and control when playing.
- Diameter of 40+mm
- Suitable for practice
- Consistent and durable bounce
- Offers good spin
- Smooth seams and perfect roundness
- Long-lasting use
- May be slightly heavy and slow
The table tennis balls from Joola are specifically designed for training and are given a three-star rating. They are available in orange and have a diameter of 40+mm. You may choose a set from the packs of 12, 60, and 120 balls. In addition, they are suitable for both competitive and recreational needs.
- Made of lightweight plastic material
- Blends quality with functionality
- Delivers superior spin
- Designed for long-lasting use
- Can be used as a cat toy
- ITTF regulation size
- May not offer good bounce
Meizhouer’s colored ping pong balls are specifically crafted for entertainment and recreation. The set includes 50 colored and odorless ping pong balls. You may use these colorful balls for teaching purposes too. The lightweight balls are made of polypropylene and have a diameter of 1.57in.
- Easy to roll and move with minimal touch
- Made of 100% environmentally-friendly material
- Make great playing companions for puppies and kittens
- Well-rounded surface
- Small size
Mapol white table tennis balls are available in a set of 50 and carry a three-star rating. These training balls weigh just 2.7 to 2.85g each and have hard and smooth surfaces. The diameter of each ball ranges between 40.1 and 40.25mm.
- Designed as advanced training balls
- Good bounce
- Supports power-packed hits
- Durable and long-lasting
- Some balls may not be completely round
Tadick’s colorful ping pong balls come as a pack of 50 units. These beer ping pong balls are designed for recreational purposes and are made of washable plastic, making them easy to clean. In addition, the table tennis balls are made of PP material and have a diameter of 40mm.
- Medium to low bounce makes them perfect for beer pong
- Long-lasting use
- A suitable toy material for your pet
- Featherlight make
- Available in assorted colors
- May not be of the same colors as shown in the image
The Pro-Spin ping pong balls are available in white and orange and come in a pack of 24 and 12. These bulk ping pong balls are three-star rated and made for competitions and training purposes. They have a 40+ diameter and weigh 2.7g each.
- Made of environmentally-friendly poly plastic
- Durable and long-lasting use
- Suitable for indoor as well as outdoor playing needs
- Consistent bounce and good spin
- Smooth matte texture
- May not be seamless as advertized
Jedulin’s ping pong balls are available as a pack of 50 table tennis balls in bright colors. These beer pong balls are made in the standard ping pong ball size dimension of 40mm diameter and are meant for entertainment purposes. Made of PP material, they are long-lasting.
- Suitable for fun learning
- Perfectly round
- Lightweight make
- Colors may vary from those shown in the image
The mini ping pong balls from Fairly Odd Novelties are made in 3/4th the size of their standard counterparts. The beer pong balls are available as a pack of 100 balls, with each ball measuring 19mm in size. These table tennis balls are designed for entertainment.
- Sufficiently bouncy
- Suitable for use in arts and crafts
- Two holes on them restrict use beyond arts and craft
The Killerspin ping pong balls are made with a standard diameter of 40mm+. They have a four-star rating and are specially designed to improve the playing experiences of professional players. Made of ABS plastic, these ping pong balls ensure high performance. Each pack contains three ping pong balls that are ITTF-certified.
- Made of professional-grade material
- Offers good spin
- Less number of balls
Juvale’s beer pong balls come as a pack of 50 balls. They are made of durable plastic and are a great accompaniment to your parties. At 1.5in each, they fit shot cups with a capacity of 2oz.
- Smooth texture
- Pretty-looking balls
- Good bounce
- May not be as shiny as shown in the image
How To Choose The Right Ping Pong Ball?
Consider the following factors to find the right ping pong ball.
- Type: Table tennis balls are designed for competitive games, practice sessions, or recreational purposes. Select the type of ball that best suits your skill level.
- Weight: Consider the weight before finalizing a ball for competition or training. Ping pong balls needed for recreation need to be lighter than their training counterparts.
- Bounce: The bounce of a ping pong ball helps determine the game’s speed, with high-bounce ping pong balls suitable for professional players. For practice or recreation, use balls with medium bounce.
- Material: You can choose between plastic polystyrene and ABS plastic. The former offers good bounce.
- Star rating: A table tennis ball’s star rating determines its overall quality, with one star being the lowest and three stars being the highest. Some sellers may also provide these balls with four-star ratings.
- Color: As ITTF guidelines suggest using white or orange balls with a matte texture for the game, choose between the two.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How should I check the quality of ping pong balls?
You can consider a ping pong ball’s weight, bounce, star-rating, and firmness to determine its quality.
- How should I clean ping pong balls?
A ping pong ball can be easily cleaned by gently wiping it with a soft piece of cloth. It is advisable not to use soap or detergent to clean the ball.
To find the best ping pong balls for practice or competitive matches, you must look for the ones that are ITTF-certified. However, if you want to use it for entertainment, you may consider a beer pong ball. The ones on this list include both ITTF-certified balls as well as beer pong balls.