You have landed on the right page if you are looking for the best pogo sticks for kids. Pogo sticks are toys that consist of a pole with a handle, a spring for proper bounce, and a footrest. These high-performance toys will let your child bounce, jump without getting hurt, as they have handles for support. Pogo sticks are becoming popular, and the toy has led to a sport known as ‘Xpogo’ or Extreme Pogo, in which the jumpers can perform several tricks. You will likely find the perfect pogo stick from the list we curated below. Read on to understand the benefits, types, safety tips, and buying guide.
Our Top Picks
13 Best Pogo Sticks For Kids
1. Best Lightweight And Colorful: Flybar Foam Maverick Pogo Stick For Kids Aged 5+
You’ll love watching your kid bounce and have fun on this adorable pogo stick. This pogo stick by Flybar is designed for kids aged five and above. It can easily handle 40-80lbs of weight.
- Great for kids under ten to learn how to jump
- Durable and safe pogo stick
- Lightweight and colorful
- Wide stance bounce tip gives durability and stability
- Non-slip footpegs are sturdy
- Pogo stick spring stand is durable
- Spring stand is wrapped in a foam cover for a cool look
- Anti-slip foam covered pad and footrest
- Available in 16 color options
- Not suitable for small kids
- Springs might get rusted
Shop Related Products:
2. Best Anti-Slip And Safe Design: Razor Gogo Pogo Stick
This classic pogo stick is designed using lightweight aluminum and has a folding footrest. It has a completely cased spring system with low friction bushings so your kid can hold and jump on the stick safely.
- Anti-slip and safe design
- Cased spring design for safety
- Tight footrest
- Made using lightweight aluminum
- Water-resistant frame
- Folding system makes it easy to carry
- Footpads are replaceable
- Doesn’t come in different colors
- Spring might get stiff
- Not for kids over 10+ years
Shop Related Products:
3. Best Heavy-Duty And Supportive: Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick For Kids Boys & Girls Ages 9 & Up, 80 To 160lbs
Flybar probably offers unique and different pogo sticks for kids of different ages, and this one is a heavy-duty and supportive stick. The stick is designed for kids above nine and can handle up to 160lbs weight.
- It has a wider grip for stability
- Can easily handle a weight of up to 160lbs
- Durable spring with metal frame wrapped in foam
- Super cute and colorful design
- Anti-slip footrest for better riding
- Comes in six bright colors to choose from
- Rubber tip for extra control
- Requires pressure and isn’t too great for kids who are thin and of low-weight
- Spring may be quite stiff
Shop Related Products:
4. Best For Improving Motor Skills: Flybar My First Foam Pogo Jumper For Kids Fun
Foam pogo jumps are best for kids as these types of sticks are safe and comfortable. This cute blue and green bungee jumper is for kids above three years and offers a great bounce.
- Made using foam and safe to use
- Easy to learn and perfect for kids aged three years and above ages
- Comes with an adjustable bungee cord
- Improves balance and enhances motor skills
- Improved hand-eye coordination
- Superior quality and durability
- A healthy alternative to iPad, videogames, mobile phones
- The foam is not easy to clean
- It is ideally just a toy for kids above seven years of age
Shop Related Products:
5. Best Indoor And Outdoor Use: Play22 Foam Pogo Jumper for Kids – Fun And Safe Jumping Stick
Who won’t get allured by this colorful and chunky looking jumping pogo stick? This tricolored jumping stick is designed for kids aged above three years and can handle weight for up to 250lbs.
- Durable foam base
- Foam handle offers a strong grip
- Great for indoor and outdoor use
- Meets all the safety standards
- Doesn’t offer a heavy jump
- Doesn’t make a great stick for kids above six years
- Not suitable for extreme tricks
No products Found
6. Best Durable And Sturdy: Alex Active Play Ready Set Pogo Kids Outdoor Exercise Sports Activity
If your kid needs a more durable and stronger stick for outdoor activities, exercises, and sports, this jumping stick is a great option. The stick is made of heavy-duty material and has a durable foam cover. It also has black foam covers for handlebars and footrest.
- Great for higher jumps
- Springs covered with foam
- Comes with a center pole for better comfort
- Bounces up to 24 inches
- Recommended for the age group of six to nine years
- Perfect for outdoor exercises and activities
- Soft grip for safe handing
- Comes with a stiff spring
- Not ideal for lightweight kids
7. Best Interactive And Creative: FlybariPogo Jr. Interactive Pogo Stick For Kids Boys & Girls Aged 5+, 40 to 80 lbs
Just like other play toys and tools, this Flybar pogo stick has some interesting and eccentric features. This pink and green cheery stick is great for kids aged five and above. As soon as you start using it, the stick welcomes you with a “Hi. I’m iPogo Jr.”
- Interactive and creative design for engaging kids
- Comes with soft and gentle rubber grip handles
- Inspires kids to beat their previous score
- The stick comes with a jump counter to track the number of jumps
- Has LED lights
- Comes with rubber coating for a firm grip
- Has automatic progress updates
- It’s more of a toy and not an actual stick
- Kids above seven years may not enjoy it
8. Best For Improving Concentration: NSG Kids Grom Pogo Stick – 5 to 9-year-old Kids, Up To 40-90 Pounds
If you are looking for a reliable and heavy-duty pogo stick, this kids’ pogo stick is designed for kids ages between five and nine and can easily handle 90 pounds of weight. The stick offers proper bounce and doesn’t make noise sound when used rigorously.
- Improves balance and concentration
- Acts as a complete body workout
- Lucrative and colorful design
- The new design enhances bounce and comfort
- Considered to be ideal for sports use
- Comes in molded rubber grip and replaceable sphere tip
- Not for too heavy kids
- Not for rough tricks
9. Best Stability And Security: Geospace Medium Jumparoo Boing! Pogo Stick By Air Kicks, 60 To 100lbs
Here is a uniquely designed Jumparoo Boing that’s designed for kids of ages six years and above and can handle the weight of up to 100lbs. This heavy-duty stick has a fine glossy finish and is available in two vibrant colors.
- Comes with a durable grip tape on the footrest
- Quality spring offers better bounce
- Foam grips that’ll prevent blisters on the skin
- Great for different tricks
- Offers better stability and security
- Doesn’t work for lightweight kids
- Tough spring
10. Best For High Jumps: New Bounce, Easy Grip Ultimate & Ultimate Jr Pogo Stick
This is one of the high-impact and fun pogo sticks available for kids from ages eight to 16. This is a semiprofessional stick that’ll offer better security, better bounce, and high jumps while elevating jumps.
- Can easily handle 80 to 160lbs of weight
- Small jumps can burn up to 600 calories an hour
- Stable and balanced string
- Comes with soft rubber handles
- Non-slip footpegs for better grip while performing tricks
- Might Bump against the frame
- Heavily priced
11. Best Grip: High Bounce Pogo Stick With Adjustable Handles
This dual handlebar grip pogo stick is perfect for kids aged seven years and above. The stick can withstand 70-110 pounds of weight and is quite durable. The stick has an anti-slip footrest and foam-coated handlebars for a better grip.
- Offers high bounce and greater stability
- Adjustable height
- Fully assembled and ready to use
- Supports up to 110lbs
- Not for small kids
- Tough spring
12. Best Easy To Carry: Ozbozz sv13787 Go Light-up Pogo Stick Boys
Treat your kids with this colorful, LED studded pogo stick. This blue light up pogo stick will make a great gift. The LED’s flash when your kid bounces, and the non-slip grip offers a safe jumping experience to kids.
- Hi-tech design
- Non-slip foot grip
- Easy to carry
- Colorful and appealing to younger kids
- Not too sturdy
- Isn’t for boys above nine years age
- Not good for extreme tricks
13. Best For Beginners: Flybar Propel Pogo Stick For Kids Boys & Girls Ages 5 to 9, 40 to 80 Pounds
If you are looking for a funky and vibrant pogo stick for your kids, this pink and teal chunky stick is a perfect option to consider. The stick is designed for kids aged five to nine and can handle 40-80 pounds of weight.
- Great for beginners
- Improves balance and coordination
- Designed with textured footrest for stability
- Handgrips are covered with quality rubber
- Doesn’t offer higher jumps
- Bumps against the frame
Benefits Of Using Pogo Stick For Kids
Pogo sticks aren’t just toys and can also be used as a prominent exercise tool for kids. There are several benefits of pogo sticks for kids and are listed below:
- Pogo sticks are effective exercise tools and offer a full-body workout for kids
- Kids have to maintain a proper balance while jumping on the stick and thus, it’ll improve their core strength and stability
- The right use of legs is very important and jumping on the stick regularly improves leg strength and improves muscle mass
- The jumping and balancing effects stomach, back and other muscle groups
- Your kids’ posture will improve significantly
- It is an exciting activity for kids and thus, offers greater mental well-being. It is a confidence booster and rigorous activity that’ll improve blood flow and overall health too.
Types Of Pogo Sticks
Generally, there are three types of pogo sticks available in the market, depending on the usage and preferences: the professional pogo sticks, semiprofessional pogo sticks, and toy sticks.
- Toy pogo sticks: The toy pogo sticks are for kids aged three to seven years and are designed, keeping in mind the safety of kids. These sticks are for children and, thus, are designed to function as toys.
These sticks do work like the traditional pogo sticks but are not made using heavy-duty materials and are smaller in size. These sticks won’t withstand heavyweight and don’t offer higher jumps.
- Semiprofessional sticks: These sticks are made for adults and professional jumpers and offer the best jumping experience. They are designed for expert players, so untrained adults should avoid them. When not used properly, these sticks could cause injuries.
- Professional pogo sticks: These sticks are made for adults and professional jumpers. These sticks offer the best jumping experience and are for expert players. Although, if an adult is not trained enough to use the sticks properly, these might cause injuries and thus, it is highly recommended for trained adults.
How To Ride The Pogo Stick: Tips For Beginners
Riding a pogo stick is all about focus, balance, and practice. If you fail in the first attempt, it’s important to keep practicing. Here are some beginner’s tips for using the pogo stick. These tips are for adults as well for kids:
- Before beginning the first jump, it is advisable to borrow or purchase a balancing board. The balance board will prevent you or your kid from injuries because the chances of falling while practicing are more.
- Start practicing at home or if you have a spacious backyard or front yard. Avoid crowded areas until you get fully confident about using it.
- Don’t start practicing with both the feet for the first time. Remember that the spring will give you intense bounce, and you might fall hard. So, it is better to start with one foot at a time.
- Place one foot on one footrest and press the spring. Then put the other leg on the bar and hold the pole with your knees.
- As soon as you get on the stick, if you want to prevent falling hardly, you’ll have to hold the handles or bars strongly. This grip will prevent you from falling
- When you are comfortable handling the pole and have adjusted your body on it, it’s time to experience the first bounce. Make little jumps, and don’t move your body too much during the first jump.
- Slowly and steadily, start bouncing on the pole while maintaining proper balance. Also, it is recommended to try a few jumps and take rest. Jump for a few minutes in the beginning and take time off even if you are confident and quite comfortable on the stick.
- Don’t jump too high on the pole early on, because jumping too high might make you fall. You may also lose your balance, so it is better to make smaller jumps until you master balancing on it.
- Once you have made enough jumps, you can then proceed and try higher jumps.
Safety Tips For Kids While Using Pogo Sticks
- To learn how to ride the pogo stick correctly, choose a beginner’s pogo stick. Avoid starting with a professional or even a semiprofessional one. For small kids, choose the toy variety.
- Make sure that all the parts like the footrest and handles are in place and not worn off.
- Check the spring before using the stick. If it’s too rusty, it will not offer proper bounce.
- Before getting on the actual pogo stick, use your hands while staying on the ground to test its bounce.
- If you are teaching your kid or are doing it yourself, always wear a helmet. If you are a beginner or a pro, it is simply mandatory to wear a helmet to prevent any deadly head injuries.
- You can also add further protection tools like knee pads and elbow pads to stay safe. If your kids are learning, make sure that they wear these safety gear.
- Before starting to jump on the stick, check the age and weight limit. When you use a stick with lesser weight-handling capacity than your weight, it can turn into a dangerous experience. So, double check your kid’s weight and the weight mentioned on the stick.
- Also, check if your kid is of proper height as per the stick so your feet can properly adjust on the footrest.
How To Choose The Right Pogo Stick For Kids?
Pogo sticks may differ in terms of size, shape, jumps, lastingness, the experience of riding, weight handling capacity, and much more. No single stick can be suitable for all riders. So, there are a few factors that you must consider before buying a pogo stick.
If you are buying a stick for your kid who is below five years of age, choose the toy style sticks interactive and LED sticks that offer full safety and lower jumps.
For kids above six years age, choose sticks that can be used for better tricks, and are also durable.
For professionals, you can choose heavy-duty and long sticks that can be used for extreme tricks and can handle more weight. Make sure that the stick you want to buy meets all the above-given aspects and that too in proper budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What age is appropriate for using a pogo stick?
Pogo sticks are available for people of every age. For kids of ages three to seven, toy pogo sticks are appropriate. For kids of ages seven to 16 years, the semiprofessional sticks are best, and for people above 16 and trained jumpers, the professional pogo stick is better.
- How high can a pogo stick go?
All three types of pogo sticks can go at different heights. For kids, the stick can go up to 2ft, for semiprofessionals, the stick goes up to 6ft, and a good professional stick can go as high as 10ft.
These are some of the best and uniquely designed pogo stick options to choose from. If you have already made your mind to purchase a pogo stick for your kids, make a smart decision and invest in a stick that’s in the budget, serves its purpose well, is lasting, and is safe for your kid.
- Best Toys For 3-Year-Old Boys
- Best Gifts For 4-Year-Old Girls
- Best Gifts For 6-Year-Old Boys
- Best Toys For 3-Year-Old Girls