You can never go wrong by choosing the best Pokemon toys for your children. And no matter what generation you belong to, Pokemon will remain iconic and evergreen. This popular TV show has all the elements of fun and entertainment and lovable characters that children and adolescents absolutely adore.
If you have played the updated Pokemon Go video game, you know what we are talking about. Explore the following list and find a Pokemon toy that best suits your child’s personality. These toys also make great gifts and can be worthy additions to anyone’s toy collection.
13 Best Pokémon Toys
1. Best Finishing: Funko Bulbasaur
The toy of Bulbasaur can be a good addition to Pokémon collectibles. It is a cute toy with the perfect finishing and polishing. The toy is 3.75in in size and is made of pop vinyl material and is ideal for children aged four years and above. Watch this video to know more about the product.
- Perfectly styled toy
- Safe for young children to play
- Comes in a well-packed box
- Can be a souvenir or a toy to play with
- May not be durable
2. Best With Light And Sound: TOMY Pokémon My Friend Pikachu
The plush and soft Pikachu toy is made from premium-quality materials. Your child can cuddle and play with it too, for it is made to be safe for kids. The toy is ideal for children who are aged three years and above. Press it gently to hear Pikachu’s signature phrase. This video will give you more insights into the product.
- Features light and sounds
- Has movable ears
- Plays different phrases and sounds
- Measures 10in
- Made of soft and high-quality fabric
- May require frequent changing of battery
- May not last for long
3. Best Three-Dimensional: Nanoblock Pokémon Venusaur Building Kit
The kit contains building bricks that can be used to build the Pokémon named Venusaur. Building their favorite Pokémon is not only fun but also improves the cognitive skills of children. The bricks are easy to use for making a three-dimensional toy.
- Bright and colorful bricks
- Original micro-sized blocks
- Each measure 4x5mm
- Makes palm-sized art
- Suitable for children aged eight and above
- Comes with instructions
- Not suitable for younger children
4. Best Increased Poseability: Mega Construct Pokémon Gyarados
The set contains fins, spikes, and fangs to build an exclusive 9in figure of the Pokémon Gyarados. Once the figure is assembled, you can find its articulate features, giving a unique playing experience to the children. To make an informed decision before buying, you can check out this video.
- Fully articulated body for increased poseability
- Can be put in different poses
- Comes with detailed instructions
- Ideal for children aged eight and above
- Assembling could be difficult
- May take longer to build
5. Best Fun And Interactive: Basic Fun Pokémon Trainer Guess
The guessing game set includes a Pokémon ball and a field guide. The electronic ball requires three AAA batteries. It has a voice recognition feature and is appropriate for children who know a lot about the game.
- Fun and interactive
- Promotes critical thinking skills
- Ideal for children aged six and above
- Measures 4x4x5in in size
- Improves Pokémon knowledge
- May not recognize all voices
- May not be consistent
6. Best For Hand-Eye Coordination: Tomy Pokémon Throw ‘N Pop Pikachu Pokeball & Cubone
Your child could be the next Pokémon trainer and enjoy playing with this set of Poke ball along with two popular Pokémons Pikachu and Cubone. Playing with the set could increase your child’s curiosity about the show.
- Includes a repeat ball with belt
- Fun and engaging
- Each figure measures 2in
- Improves hand-eye coordination and motor skills
- Ideal for children aged four years and above
- May not last long
7. Best Charming Design: Pokémon Battle Figure Dragonite
Gift your little one this cute Dragonite action figure from the Pokémon TV show. It is neatly designed and has a proper finish, making it an ideal toy for children aged four years and above.
- Measures 12in
- Has detailed features
- Palm-sized, charming design
- Comes with articulation
- Smooth and painted
- May not be durable
8. Best With A Touch Sensor: Pokémon Flopping Magikarp Plush
The interactive plush toy of the popular Pokémon Magikarp can make sounds that will impress the child. It requires three AAA batteries to shake and flop. The toy is made with good quality materials and is soft and huggable.
- Measures 10in
- Has a touch sensor
- Wiggles and jiggles when squeezed
- Soft, cuddly, and safe
- Ideal gift for children aged four years and above
- May not last long
9. Best For Cognitive Skills: Mega Construx Pokémon Litten vs. Popplio
When you want to encourage your children to build and play, then this building set can be an appropriate choice. The set contains two action figures, Litten and Popplio. You can build them and make a battle scene as a unique addition to your Pokémon ollectibles.
- Easy-to-build set
- Improves cognitive skills
- Includes beach environment pieces
- Can build a mini Pokémon world
- Exciting, unique, and durable
- Pieces may be too small to hold
10. Best Articulated Design: Pokémon Battle Action Figure
The set includes several popular figures of Pokémon. Each figure is two or three inches in size and is colorful with highlighted details. The Pokémons included in the set are Pikachu, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pysduck, Meowth, and Charmander.
- Contains eight mini figures
- Attractive and safe
- Has an articulated design
- Ideal for display
- Comes well-packed in a box
- Figurines may be smaller than expected
11. Best Soft: Pokemon Quest Plush
The toy set includes three 4-inch Pokemon Quest Plush toys in different colors. It is made of soft material. They have an even shape which is helpful to store them properly. These soft toy characters – Charmander, Jigglypuff, and Bulbasaur – are picked from the pokemon video game.
- Soft material
- Officially licensed
12. Best Attractive: Shine Itazura Electronic Piggy Bank
Your child can play and be encouraged to save coins in this piggy bank. It is bright red in color and has a figure of Pikachu inside. When your child keeps a coin on the top, the Pikachu takes it inside.
- Measures 6x6x3in
- Makes the ‘pika’ sound
- Encourages to save money
- Safe, attractive, and playful
- May stop working after a while
- May be too small
13. Best Durable: Pokemon Mewtwo Figure
This detailed Pokemon Mewtwo Figure is made to scale at 1/10. The figure illuminates a light when you press a button on the bottom of the figurine. It stands 13 inches tall. This toy is suitable for children aged 4+ years.
- Made of high-quality material
- Officially licensed
- Lights flick rapidly
- Short-lasting battery
How To Choose The Right Pokémon Toys?
Here are a few tips to help you.
- Category: There are different types of Pokémon toys, including building sets, plush toys, Pokeballs, and mini figures. Decide on one category and then find relevant toys in that category.
- Age: Pick toys as per the age of the child. For instance, if your child is too young, say three or four years old, then mini figures or plush toys would be ideal. However, if the child is above six years old, then Pokeball and building sets would be appropriate.
- Quality: The toys should be made of high-quality materials and not with toxic or chemical substances. This way, the toys are durable and safe for children to play.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is passionate about kids’ products and toys and reviews them by carefully going through various websites to find the products with the best user ratings. In this article, she has followed the same approach to round up a list of the best Pokemon toys. She has also included a detailed buying guide and the pros and cons of each product to help readers make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are Pokémon toys made of?
Like any other toys, Pokémon toys are made using different materials, ranging from soft plush to hard plastic, vinyl, silicone, and more. Choosing a toy made with non-toxic and BPA-free materials is advisable, especially if you are buying toys for young children.
2. Are Pokémon toys safe?
Not all toys are made equally, including Pokémon toys. Some might be too small and unsafe for toddlers and babies; some may contain lead or toxic chemicals, while others may have hard or sharp edges. Before choosing a particular Pokémon toy or any other toy, it is important to check if the toy meets all safety standards for a particular age group.
3. Do Pokémon toys really entertain a child?
It is not definite that Pokémon toys are entertaining for every child. It depends on factors, such as your child’s interest and love for Pokémon characters, toy type, and how engaging and functional the toy is.
4. How long do Pokémon toys last?
The durability of a toy depends on the quality of the product, this is true for Pokémon toys too. The better the quality of the Pokémon toy you choose, the longer it will last.
If your little one is a huge fan of Pokemon characters, they’ll be elated to have a Pokemon toy in their collection. This evergreen show has countless characters, and therefore, when choosing one for your child, make sure you know who their favorite character is. Pokemon toys are available as plush toys, building blocks, pokemon trump cards, and Pokeballs. Thus, knowing the type of toy that interests your child the most will help narrow down your choices and find the right toy for your precious child.
Infographic: How To Choose The Right Pokémon Toys?
With a plethora of Pokémon toys available on the market, it becomes challenging to select the right one for your child. Give this infographic a read to learn how to pick the perfect Pokémon toy your child will adore and learn from simultaneously.
- Best Teepees For Kids
- Best Stamp Sets For Kids
- Best Play Tools For Kids
- Best Toddler Bed Rails
- Best Interactive Toys