When you want to spend the weekend relaxing, there are few better ways to do it than out by the pool with your friends and family. And floating in the water isn’t the only way to calm your nerves. You can set up the best pool loungers on the side and soak up the sun while reading an interesting book.
From flat-inflated mats and fabric loungers to chair-style and chaise loungers, you can choose from a plethora of options. The pool loungers we’ve listed for you here are aesthetic, functional, easy to clean and store, and portable. Moreover, they provide excellent support and feature an ergonomic design to let you make the most of your free time by the pool. Keep scrolling to learn more about the features of these loungers.
Our Top Picks
17 Best Pool Loungers In 2022
Aqua Leisure brings you this 57-inch float that can be used in three ways–a drifter, a chair, and a lounge. It is made of a comfortable and soft cool-weave fabric that contours according to your needs to give you a relaxing experience. The float has a 250lb weight capacity and rests steadily on the water, so you can easily get on it without having to jump or flop around.
- Portable and lightweight
- Air pillows easily inflate and deflate
- Duo-lock valves
- Includes a drink holder
- Reinforced mesh design
- Footrest may seem small for some
- May be slightly narrow
This Chaise Lounger by Kelysus is one of the most versatile loungers and is perfect for relaxing in the pools. The lounger has a fabric covering and features a mesh seat, an ottoman, a cup holder, and an integrated backrest for you to have a relaxing lounging experience. The floating pool seat is designed with a patented inner spring that surrounds the outer edges to offer more stability and added comfort.
- Supports up to 250 lbs weight
- Inflates quickly
- Functional and well-built design
- Comes with a side clip for tethering
- Easily folds into a convenient storage bag.
- Valve may not function properly
- Seams may start coming apart
3. Best Contoured: Intex Rockin’ Inflatable Lounge
If you have a pool in your backyard, grab this Intex Rockin’ Inflatable Lounge and get ready for a relaxed weekend by the pool. This lounger features a contoured design that offers ultimate comfort to your back and head. Plus, it also has a cup holder to keep your favorite refreshments and drinks nearby as you float peacefully in your pool. The best thing about this lounger is its design that offers proper balance and convenience when you are floating.
- Easy to store
- Functional design
- Repair patch included
- Reclined design for body support
- Comes with two air chambers for safety
- Made using non-toxic and safe materials
- May have to be inflated often
- May not work well for bigger people
Intex French Mattress Suntanner Pool Lounger provides a great room for you to lie out comfortably and bask under the sun. Plus, it comes with an integrated backrest, so you don’t have to worry about straining your neck or head. The French coil beam air mattress features an open design and comes with 18 pockets that can be used as cup holders. It accommodates one person.
- 11-gauge heavy-duty vinyl top and bottom
- Comes with a patch repair
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Remains cool during extreme temperature
- The transparent top doesn’t get hot to the touch.
- May be smaller than expected
- May seem thin
If you are willing to invest in a luxury pool float, this one is worth considering. This float chair for the pool is highly versatile as you can use it for sitting or reclining. Plus, the lounge chair gets semi-submerged in water and offers high buoyancy to keep you cool and relaxed in the pool. It is made using high-quality denier nylon that is durable and dries quickly. The headrest and sidearms come with an inflatable bladder made using 12-gauge vinyl to provide better support to the body. Have a look at this video to learn more about the product.
- Heavy-duty reinforced stitching
- Easy to deflate
- Five-inch deep float
- Lightweight and travel-friendly
- Quick-dry fabric
- Holds up to 250 lb weight
- May be difficult to balance
- Fill valves may not be pre-cut
A floating recliner with an umbrella is a perfect option if you don’t want the sun rays to hit your face directly. This spring float recliner comes with a removable sun canopy and a mesh seat to keep you cool. It also comes with an integrated backrest, a cup holder, an ottoman, and a comfy headrest for utmost comfort and leisure. Plus, this floating pool recliner folds into three compact rings that offer portability.
- Innerspring makes it more stable in water
- Fabric-covered recliner for durability
- Canopy offers UV protection
- Light-weight and travel friendly
- Doesn’t lose air overnight
- Sturdy construction
- Canopy may not stay up all the time
- Water may get into the lower area
Need a functional and portable hammock lounge chair? This one is the perfect pick with an ergonomic design to offer plenty of comfort and support to your back and head. This floating swimming pool chair has a nylon covering and, thus, is highly durable. It gets semi-submerged in the pool, so the middle of your body remains cool while you get some sun.
- Head and footrests deflate easily
- Storage-friendly and compact
- Dries quickly
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Prevents falling and offers the right balance
- Highly durable and tear-resistant
- May lose air quickly
- May be smaller than expected
Love floating in the water? Here we have a spring floating chair, which is an ideal pick for floating in the lake or indoor pools. This floating mesh pool chair holds you in an upright position with your midsection and legs in the water so you can stay cool and relaxed. Its patented inner spring edges offer leisure and proper reclination. Plus, it folds quickly into three small rings for better portability.
- Supports up to 250 lb
- Comes with cooling mesh bed
- Quickly deflates into a bag
- Lightweight and easy to carry around
- Inflator valve may not line up properly
- May not be suitable for adults
Your search for a thick and sturdy floating mattress ends here with this Texas Recreation Pool Floating Mattress. This smooth and soft mattress consists of vinyl-coated foam that is easy to clean and maintain. The full-roll pillow of this mattress offers incredible support to your neck and head and also makes it more buoyant. The fabric of the mattress also prevents you from sliding or slipping off even when you are wet.
- Simple and catchy design
- Available in vibrant colors
- Holds up to 260 lb
- Keeps the head dry while floating
- 75-inch thick mattress
- Doesn’t absorb water
- Resistant to chlorine, saltwater, and sun damage
- May get discolored
- May absorb oil and sunscreen
The lounger by Airhead is engineered to offer maximum comfort and durability. The lounger comes with a folded inflatable leg rest, so whenever you don’t feel like sinking your legs in the water, you can simply stretch the leg-rest out and relax. The lounger has three air chambers, which makes it easy to inflate and deflate quickly. It also comes with a small and molded cup holder for you to enjoy your refreshments while hanging out with your friends.
- Come with an inflatable backrest
- Heavy-duty nylon construction
- Comes with a heavy-gauge PVC bladder
- Offers required balance
- Supports up to 260 lb
- Zipper storage compartment for phone and accessories
- Zipper storage may not be waterproof
- May not be easy to keep it tied
You can comfortably lounge in your pool with this pool float by Solstice. This U-shaped lounger comes with a high-support, built-in headrest, and an on-board molded drink holder. Its designer and printed nylon cover is easy to clean and maintain. This lounger allows you to dip your legs in the water while keeping your upper body dry.
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Sling-style seat
- 8 lb, lightweight and compact lounger
- Doesn’t lose air
- Prevents flip-overs
- Scratch-resistant material
- Band at the bottom may be slightly uncomfortable
- Seat may not be deep enough
If you like lounging chairs better than flat loungers Go Floats Floating Lounge Chair is the best option for you. This floating pool lounger chair is sturdy and well-built. Plus, it comes with a unique valve that provides 10 times faster inflation compared to other alternatives. It also comes with side grommets with clips for balance and to connect to other loungers.
- Great for tanning, relaxing, reading, etc
- Comes with two in-built cup holders
- High-quality material
- Roomy 20-inch wide seat
- Supports the back and head
- May tip forward at times
- May be only suitable for swimming pools
TRC Recreation’s Adjustable Recliner is the perfect lounger if you want to spend your summer hanging out with your friends in a pool. This foam floating pool chair is designed with two times thicker layers of closed-cell vinyl coated foam. It comes with an internal steel frame and a knob with which you can turn the chair in an upright position. It can also be converted into a full-length flat float and can also become a multi-position recliner.
- Supports up to 200 lbs weight
- Easy to clean
- Highly adjustable lounger
- Comes with a mini repair kit
- Standard product with functional design
- Easy to adjust
- May not be stable
- Color may fade
The interlocking swim lounger by SwimWays is praise-worthy and has impressive features. The lounger comes with a heavy-duty mesh seat and a backrest to offer maximum support. It also comes with large cup holders for you to sip on your favorite drinks and have fun in the pool. The lounger is covered with fabric for easy cleaning and maintenance. Its extraordinary interlock system connects you with two or more Swim ways loungers while socializing with friends and family.
- Holds up to 250 lb weight
- Available in plenty of appealing colors
- Mesh seat keeps you cool
- Sit-up style float for back support
- Easy to inflate
- May be slightly long for average-size adults
- Cup holders may fall out
If you are looking for a simple and durable floating hammock on which you can lay flat and sunbathe all summer, Effun Water hammock is the one to choose. This hammock has a vibrant striped print and is constructed with all-weather Textilene material. It is made using non-toxic materials and features a build that offers plenty of support while floating. It also comes with a head and footrest for you to bask under the sun, comfortably.
- Quickly inflates and deflates
- 12-gauge inflated headrest
- Rolls-up for storage and travel
- Supports up to 265 lb
- Comes with inflator pump and drink holders
- Material may seem a bit rough
- Some may find it short
The four-in-one inflatable hammock is an ideal option if you like to relax on a sleek and printed pool float. Available in different colors, this hammock can also be used as a lounger, sport saddler, or as a drifter. It is made using premium-grade PVC bonded fabric that offers durability and air-tightness. It can easily hold up to 250 lb weight and accommodates one person.
- Ergonomic design for support
- Soaks middle section of the body in water
- Comes with an inflated pillow
- Quickly inflates
- Can be rolled for convenient storage
- Ideal for children and adults
- May be shorter than expected
- May not have a handle or a velcro strap
Fostoy’s four-in-one Water Hammock Pool Float is a highly comfortable hammock for your weekend pool parties. The hammock features a headrest and a leg pillow for you to position your body while floating. Plus, it features a reinforced mesh seat and is made using high-quality PVC fabric for durability. The best thing about this lounger is that it retains its shape even when used multiple times.
- Light-weight and compact
- Weight capacity of 250 lb
- Pillow is detachable and deflatable for easy storage
- Simple and catchy design
- Easy to deflate and inflate with a valve
- Some may find it short
- May not be suitable for bigger adults
Now that you have scrolled through some of the best pool loungers, here is a brief buying guide to help you purchase the best pool lounger.
How To Choose The Best Pool Lounger
For maximum floating relaxation and memorable lounging experience, here are the few things you should keep in mind for buying a heavy-duty lounger:
The first thing to consider while buying a lounger is its design. Design plays a very important role in making the lounger comfortable. Most of the loungers come with a padded backrest and an ergonomic design to offer maximum support to the back. Some loungers come with armrests, a canopy, a deep seat, and various other features. Some pool floats are also designed for interlocking, which means that you can connect your lounger with other loungers to spend some quality time with your loved ones.
Most of the loungers are made using vinyl and foam. Some loungers are also covered with fabric for easy cleaning and maintenance. The loungers made using these materials are highly durable. Some loungers also have mesh seats so you can soak into the water and feel cool during the hot season.
Ease of use
Pick a lounging chair or lounger that is easy to inflate and deflate. Choose a lounger that doesn’t lose air quickly and remains inflated for longer periods. The loungers that deflate easily, are easy to store, and are light in weight. So if you are a traveler and often take your lounger to lounge in a lake, pick a compact and easy to use lounger.
Types of lounger
There are plenty of loungers available out there. The chair loungers are for those who prefer an upright or sitting position while lounging. The rafts are for those who like to lounge with their friends. The recliners are for those who like adjustable pool floats, and the simple flat loungers are for those who want to lay flat and get tanned.
Frequently questioned answers
Are they safe to use?
Most of the pool loungers are safe to use and are made using non-toxic materials. If you are worried about the lounger flipping, choose one that offers the right balance.
How can you fix lounger leakage?
Several brands offer a mini repair kit or a swatch in case the lounger scratches or tears. If your lounger leaks, you can use the mini kit to fix the scratch and continue using it.
How can you clean a pool lounger?
Chlorine, salt water, and sun rays can damage a lounger or pool float. To keep it clean, you can use soap, a sponge, and water. You can also clean the lounger with a vinegar solution. For this, add 2 parts of warm water and 1 part of vinegar in a tub and soak the deflated lounger in the solution for 15 minutes. Remove the lounger, rinse with water, and let it dry.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah, the author of this article, believes in documenting well-researched and high-quality products to facilitate a wonderful user experience. He has analyzed various platforms to select some of the best pool loungers keeping in mind the relevant features and ergonomic designs. These pool loungers are the most suitable inclusions to enjoy a calming pool time with your friends and family. Wedesto has also shared a buying guide to help choose the most suitable pool lounger.
Bring home the best pool loungers and spend your lazy afternoons with your pals by the pool. When choosing one for yourself, ensure it is made of durable, lightweight, and non-toxic material, inflates and deflates quickly, and has enough features, such as cup holders, to make you feel comfortable. Moreover, ensure the lounger is designed to hold your weight and is easy to clean. You may also choose a chair lounger, recliner, raft, or flat lounger based on your preference.
- Best Solar Pool Covers For Your Swimming Pool
- Best Foldable Pool Tables
- Best Pool Alarms To Keep Kids Safe In Water
- Best Pool Toys For Kids And Families