Portable bathtubs are an apt alternative to fixed bathtubs as the latter are usually bulky and space-consuming. As the name suggests, you can carry the best portable bathtubs from one place to another. They are suitable for giving baths to babies and are also a great option to beat the heat during summers as little ones can enjoy playing with water. If you are thinking about choosing the right portable bathtub, we’ve got it sorted; thanks to our compilation and reviews of the best portable bathtubs.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Portable Bathtubs
1. Best Non-Toxic: Flymei Baby Inflatable Bathtub
The Flymei inflatable bathtub includes an air pump and is easy to inflate and deflate. The foldable tub is travel-friendly and has a side pocket to keep your phone and other essentials while your baby splashes around. This portable folding bathtub has a non-slippery textured bottom and is suitable for children up to three. This tub measures 38.5×25.2×11 inches.
- Bump in the middle
- Bottom hook for hanging
- May have a plastic smell
2. Best Ergonomic Design: Co-Z Inflatable Adult Bath Tub
The Co-Z inflatable bathtub is a freestanding bathtub for adults and comes with an electric air pump for easy inflation and deflation. It is made of high-density PVC and is extremely durable, non-toxic, and waterproof. A one-of-a-kind zipper-lock aids in keeping the water temperature stable. By removing the cover, you can convert this tub into a baby pool. It also has an inflatable pillow and cup holder for your convenience and comfort.
- Ergonomic design
- Durable zipper closure
- Three-tier tub
- Dual drain pipes
- Extra thick floor
- Foldable for easy storage
- No handles for moving
3. Best Spacious: G Ganen Freestanding Bathtub
The G Ganen freestanding bathtub is ideal for small living spaces because it comprises three layers of durable PVC material that keeps water temperature stable for an extended duration. It is portable and can be used indoors and outdoors. The tub measures 30×30 inches and has a weight capacity of 100 kilograms. A thick sponge bottom ensures maximum comfort. The drainage faucet is leak-proof and detachable. Check out this YouTuber’s review of the product if you require more details.
- Large size
- Inflatable neck rest and arm support
- No-leak design
- Easy to clean
- Support poles and drainpipes may seem fragile
4. Best Eco-Friendly: Besthls Foldable Bathtub
This eco-friendly, thermal-insulated soaking tub comprises six layers of waterproof material, foam, and a zippered cover. It keeps the water hot for 60 minutes, giving you the feeling of being in a home spa. A strong metal bracket keeps the tub stable and secure. It is adequately spacious, measuring 23×43.5×23.6 inches.
- Double drain
- Six-pillar stability
- Thermal insulation
- Metal bracket and elastic bars for shape and stability
- Food-grade PVC
- PVC may seem weak
5. Best Durable: Watebom Folding Spa BathTub
Watebom’s portable tub is foldable and simple to assemble. It is a 31-inch diameter, freestanding tub and requires no inflation. The tub can be used with hot or cold water since it features thick foam for adequate thermal insulation. This 25.5-inch-tall portable plastic bathtub is made of eco-friendly PVC and net-clamping cloth.
- Durable material
- Insulation to keep water hot or cold
- Foldable for easy storage
- Non-toxic PVC material
- No inflation needed
- Evenly distributed support
Drainage may not be easy
6. Best For Easy Drainage: Hiwena Inflatable Soaking Bath Tub With Backrest
The Hiwena soaking tub has a soft backrest for maximum comfort and relaxation. The large freestanding tub measures 60x34x27 inches and is suitable for family use. The durable PVC material is 30% thicker, reducing the likelihood of tears and leaks. The bottom two layers have drainage pipes for easy drainage. A repair patch is included in the event of punctures.
- High-density PVC
- High backrest
- Comes with a repair patch
- Spiral air valve
- Dual drainage system
- Drain holes are on the sides instead of the bottom
7. Best Insulation: Ppbathtub Soaking Bathtub Home For Spa
Soak yourself in a luxurious spa-like experience with this bathtub. The extra-large tub measures 45×31.5×23.6 inches on the inside and can hold a capacity of 200 kilograms. A plug at the bottom with a drain pipe facilitates easy drainage. It comes with an electric pump that inflates the tub in five to ten minutes. The air-filled plastic keeps the water insulated for an hour.
- Durable material
- Comes with attached headrests
- Space for two persons
- Two cupholders
- Easy installation
- May not be easy to clean
8. Best Comfortable: Keszing Portable Sauna Bathtub
Want a sauna at home? Keszing portable bathtub is an inflatable and portable soaking tub that fits into small spaces. The freestanding round tub measures 29.5×29.5 inches and is made of non-toxic PVC material with plastic supports. The inner layers of the tub are made of reinforced fabric for thermal insulation. The portable bathtub can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Patented drainage design
- May have a plastic smell
9. Best Support: Insuwun Portable Bathtub Kit
The portable bathtub by Insuwun is convenient to use indoors and outdoors. It has sufficient thickness and helps preserve the water temperature consistently for a long time. You can use this freestanding bathtub for an ice bath or convert it into a spa. The bathtub comes with 12 supporting pillars to hold the tub weight. Moreover, it has two drain outlets for a complete water drain.
- Large space
- High-quality material
- Easy to install
- Seams may look flimsy
10. Best Luxurious: Luckup Large Soaking Bathing Tub
Enjoy your bath time with the Luckup large soaking tub. The bathtub features thickened thermal foam, a thick flocking cloth, a sponge, and an inner waterproof layer. This keeps the water warm for up to 90 minutes. The non-inflatable tub measures 43x25x20 inches, holds 80 gallons of water, and is suitable for two people. It folds and fits into a backpack, making it suitable for traveling.
- Good thermal insulation
- Easy-to-clean material
- Three-layer fabric
- Three-minute assembly
- May not be stable
11. Best Insulated: Kelixu Portable Soaking Bathtub
Kelixu portable soaking bathtub is easy to install and offers a home spa feel. It measures 43x25x20 inches, takes up little space, and can be used for hot or cold baths. It provides a comfortable space for stretching and can accommodate two people at once. The three-layer insulation of peach skin suede, pearl cotton, and waterproof PVC maintains the temperature for approximately 120 minutes.
- Thermal insulation
- Sufficient space
- Easy to store
- Simple assembly
- Drainage may take time
How To Choose The Right Portable Bathtub?
Keep the following points in mind when shopping for a portable bathtub.
- Size and capacity: Choose the size based on how many people intend to use it and whether you intend to soak for an extended period. Large tubs are ideal for families, while medium tubs can accommodate two persons at once. Bulky tubs can be difficult to transport or store.
- Shape: Bathtubs can be round, oval, rectangular, or multi-sided. Determine where you want to put your tub. Compact round tubs fit in small spaces, while rectangular or oval tubs take up a little more space. Taller tubs designed for sitting or standing are more compact, but they are not suitable for lying down.
- Inflatable or foldable: Portable tubs are usually inflatable or foldable. Foldable bathtubs are easier to put into backpacks, whereas inflatable ones offer better cushioning.
- Material: Pick a bathtub made of good-quality materials. PVC is a common material used since it is rip-proof, waterproof, durable, and foldable.
- Insulation: Layered tubs are better insulated. Peach skin suede, pearl cotton, and waterproof PVC are used to design tubs for better insulation.
- Drainage and maintenance: Drain pipes should preferably be at the bottom for better drainage. The tub should also be easy to clean to prevent the formation of mold over time.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have analyzed and compared multiple products to create a list of the best portable bathtubs. After researching various products and keeping an eye out for reviews from existing customers and users, we have also put together a buying guide to help you choose the right product that meets your needs. These bathtubs are made of high-quality materials, and are durable, long-lasting, and convenient.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are portable bathtubs easy to clean?
Most portable tubs have good drainage systems and are easy to clean. However, some could be troublesome, and you must check the manufacturer’s instructions before buying.
2. Are portable bathtubs as relaxing as proper bathtubs?
Inflatable or portable foldable bathtubs come with padding and cushioning and are pretty comfortable. However, some could be less sturdy and stable than proper bathtubs. Moreover, some are specially constructed for spa-like relaxation and could be softer than permanent hard tubs.
3. How much water does a portable bathtub hold?
The capacity of a portable bathtub may differ based on the brand and model. Portable bathtubs are available in different sizes, making them suitable for children or adults. Adult bathtubs may hold up to 80 gallons of water.
4. How do portable bathtubs drain?
Most portable bathtubs come with a drain pipe or drain hole for easy draining of water.
The best portable bathtubs come in handy for unwinding after a long day as they can be inflated and deflated per convenience. They are a great alternative to traditional bathtubs, especially when installing a fixed one is not feasible. Portable bathtubs are available in different sizes for various age groups, but before buying, consider the dimensions and the material used to ensure the bathtub is durable. Finally, you must ensure the bathtub is made from high-quality materials, is easy to maintain, and has enough insulation to retain the tub’s temperature.
View Profile ›