Portable DVD players for kids have become a blessing for parents who travel a lot and have young kids who want to be engaged while traveling. There are several options available when it comes to portable DVD players. In this MomJunction post, we bring a list of the 14 best portable DVD player for kids.
14 Best Portable DVD Player For Kids
Dr. J 11.5” Portable DVD Player has a five-hour battery life powered by a 3,000 mAh high capacity rechargeable lithium battery. It includes a 5.9 ft car and AC adapter to give you a theatre-like experience. The swivel screen is an added advantage as it gives a 270-degree rotation and 180-degree flip function for an excellent viewing experience.
- Great picture quality
- Ability to read SD card and Flash drive
- Would not work after one DVD
- Volume is very low
- Battery life is not good
ieGeek 11.5” Portable DVD Player comes with 3,000 mAh rechargeable lithium battery that can last for up to five hours. It has a swivel screen, 5.9 ft car, and AC adaptor and has broad compatibility with multimedia. For road trips, it can also be attached to a car headrest.
- It has a break-point memory function. Can pick up from where you left
- supports almost any DVD-R or DVD+R recorded format
- Screen can rotate and become foldable, making it a compact device
- Built-in speakers are too noisy
- Dimensions not as mentioned
- Does not last long
It comes with a rechargeable lithium battery with a capacity of 2,500 mAh. The DVD player can last for up to three to five hours of playback. It can be powered by a car charger or AC adapter, allowing use for a longer time. The Funavo 10.5″ Portable DVD player also has an AV input to connect to a TV to enjoy movies on a big screen too.
- Comes with good quality headphones
- Handy for long drives
- Clear image and crisp sound quality
- Battery drains fast
- Takes long for DVD to load
- Needs to be kept plugged in
The APEMAN 7.5 inch portable DVD Player is easy to operate with its high-quality control panel. The wall charger, car charger, and the three-in-one cable are unique features of the APEMAN DVD Player. The Swivel screen also adds up to the popularity of this DVD player. It has a Game USB for joysticks that provides extra gaming entertainment.
- Just the right screen size with good picture quality
- Lightweight and easy to travel with
- Remote comes with many functions
- Compatibility issues
- Can cause scratches on DVD
- Quality not long-lasting
eXuby offers a valuable portable DVD player for kids. The size makes it is easy to carry in bags along with all necessary accessories. It has a nine-foot long car charger cable that can allow you to charge the player anytime, anywhere. This portable DVD player is perfect for kids with features like rotating LCD screens and the compact design.
- Built-in speakers
- Lightweight and easy for kids
- Poor screen resolution
- Makes noise while playing the DVD
- Buttons press themselves on folding
The UEME portable DVD player for kids has a high-resolution screen. This is a battery-operated DVD player that can last up to five hours. It has a unique handsfree feature, which makes it convenient to operate.
- Swiveling LCD screen
- Can be used anywhere; versatile
- Clear, loud voice
- Low quality built
- Noisy when DVD is playing
- Screen not sturdy
ZESTYI Portable DVD player for kids is an easy to mount, durable, and versatile product. The headrest has two straps to support it on the car headrest, while the rechargeable battery lets you watch movies for up to three to five hours. This is a perfect DVD player to enjoy road trips.
- Last memory function
- Swivel screen
- Built-in three hours rechargeable battery
- Not a stable product
- Remote does not work properly
- Screen display not sharp
The SUNPIN portable DVD player for kids has a 2500mAh rechargeable polymer lithium battery that plays movies for up to five to six hours on a single charge. The LCD screen is adequately bright, and the double earphone jacks are a useful feature.
- Easy compatibility with car
- Charge lasts for eight hours and more
- Double ear jacks give good sound quality
- Discs do not read properly
- Not stable with climatic conditions
- Poor picture quality
The seveb-inch LCD display and the swivel screen give an optimum viewing experience in the Ematic Portable DVD player for kids. Also, the full stereo sound with the built-in speaker provides a good surround sound experience.
- Younger kids can operate easily
- Swivel screen is an advantage
- Product offers good colors
- Very loud
- No ACDC power port; only USB port
- Skips movies every 20 minutes
This DVD player is a great companion for road trips and vacations. You can sync movies on the large screen, and it supports almost all playing formats. The battery life is up to five hours with the LI-polymer rechargeable battery. It comes with AV cable, remote control, and a mounting case.
- Supports HD cards and USB
- Clear picture quality
- Sturdy, durable
- Freezes sometimes
- Skips DVDs
- Does not work in every region
This 13.9-inch portable Kid’s DVD player by Whew attracts with its good screen quality. The screen allows viewing from an oblique direction, thus protecting eyesight. It plays DVDs from six regions and also supports multiple DVD formats, including DVD-R and DVD-RW.
- Dual headphone jack
- Swivel screen
- Buttons are labeled and easy to use
- Speakers not up to the mark
- Sound splits within the earphones
- Skips DVDs
It is an easy to use DVD player with a swivel screen, and equipped with three in one cable to connect to a TV or other large screen players. It even supports all multimedia formats while the battery lasts for up to five hours. This DVD player for kids becomes a good choice for travel cross countries.
- Suitable for car travel
- Supports gaming
- Supports TV play
- Remote does not work
- Low volume even on maximum
- Charger not stable
A remote-controlled DVD player, the UEME Mini DVD player for kids is easy to use and also light weight. The built-in rechargeable lithium battery keeps the DVD player playing movies for about three to five hours.
- Has last memory function
- Compatible with all headphones
- Very small and compatible
- Poor battery life
- Remote control does not work well
- Buttons not soft on remote
This portable DVD player supports all multimedia files and has an ‘eye-protective’ viewing screen. It also comes with a joystick and professional audio system for great sound quality.
- Has pre-loaded games for kids
- Optimum sized screen
- Kids cannot use the swivel screen feature
- Does not read discs properly
- Poor quality pieces used
Safety Tips For DVD Player Use
- Make sure you buy DVD players that do not use low-quality materials that would burn or release harmful chemicals.
- The audio should be optimum for kids. Loud volume can damage hearing.
- If the screen is not tough, it might break and cause injuries to kids. Buy products with tough glass on the screen.
Portable DVD Player Buying Guide
Keep the following points in mind while buying a portable DVD player for your children.
- Type of DVD player: Are you going on a flight? Or is it going to be a car journey? For flight journeys, choose the ones that can rest on your lap easily. For car journeys, select players that can be portable enough to become a screen on your card headrest.
- Dimensions: The size of the DVD player will depend on its purpose. If you want to carry it from room to room in your house, buy a portable DVD player which your kids can carry easily. Choose bulky screens if the DVD player will be mostly placed at a single spot.
- Frequent flyer?: If you fly a lot with your children, then buy them a small player. It will be easy to carry and handle by kids. Also, it is convenient when you are putting off things in the tray at the airport security.
- Media usage: If you are a fan of many languages, choose a player that will allow you to play DVDs from various regions. If the child consumes media from other sources, then pick a DVD player with a USB port and multiple file format support.
- Battery performance: Battery life is a major consideration. The longer the child watches movies, the higher should be the batter life.
- Maximum connectivity: Buy players that can connect to your television at home or other media devices for getting maximum benefits out of your portable DVD player.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age can my kid start using the DVD player?
Children often begin to understand entertainment at the age of five. Therefore, you can consider introducing a DVD player around the age of five years.
2. Will DVD players affect the eyesight of my kid?
Watching for prolonged hours or watching from a close distance can affect the eyesight of a kid.
Kids love entertainment when on an outing or a ride or while flying. There are a lot of portable kids DVD players in the market to choose from to keep your kids engaged and happy during journeys. Just make sure your kids remain safe with their gadgets and use them appropriately.