Portable electric stoves are lightweight, multipurpose, and highly versatile and can be used indoors and outdoors. These stoves can be used as a backup or as regular cookware for preparing small meals. They are also more energy-efficient and quicker than the conventional gas stoves. If you are looking to buy one, here is a list of the best electric portable stoves to narrow down your search.
Following precautions is also essential when using an electrical appliance at home or outdoors.
Safety Tips While Using Electric Portable Stove
While most of the electric stovetops are safe to use, it is essential to follow some safety tips to avoid accidents. Follow these tips to cook safely with an electric stove.
- Choose stovetops that come with various child safety and lock features to prevent accidents.
- Before using an electric cooktop, always check the minimum and maximum temperature. Also, review the timer functions and power levels before using the stove.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby and use it in case of an emergency.
- Do not wash the cooktop when it’s hot. Allow the cooktop to cool down for at least 45 minutes and then clean it with a damp cloth.
- Keep flammable things away from the cooktop and use the utensils as mentioned in the instruction booklet. Some stoves are not compatible with aluminum or copper, so always use compatible cookware.
- Keep your stove tops clean. Debris and grease can cause fires, and thus, it is essential to clean the stove after use.
- Do not touch the hot pan with bare hands. Always use pans with heat-resistant handles or use a cloth to move the hot pan from the stove.
- Before using any stovetop, always read the instructions provided in the user manual.
No products Found
17 Best Electric Portable Stoves
This 1100W single burner portable electric stove features heat distribution coils and a knob for regulating temperature. The coil distributes heat evenly and prevents hotspots. The stove comes with a power indicator that turns on whenever the stove is in use. The stove also features anti-slip rubber feet that prevent it from sliding.
- Compact and slim design
- High-quality stainless steel drip pan
- Easy to clean
- Cooks fast
- Multiple safety features
- Not to be used for more than 60 minutes
Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop comes with 15 temperature settings between 140F and 460F and 15 preset power levels from 200W to 1800W for quick and efficient cooking. The best thing about this cooktop is that it comes with 83% energy efficient ratings and is better than the traditional gas stoves. Also, it doesn’t have any open-flame element that prevents food from burning.
- Auto-shutoff after 60 seconds
- Ideal for pans with a diameter of five inches or more
- Easy to install and operate
- Smooth and cleanable surface
- Good heat distribution
- Surface is prone to wear
Ovente electric glass infrared burner comes with a 7in hot plate and a temperature control knob to cook food evenly, without any hotspots. Powered by 120V, this burner uses infrared technology for heating food quickly, within minutes. The burner is compatible with all types of cookware and is highly versatile. It also comes with an indicator light that glows when the burner is in use.
- Fire-resistant stainless steel housing
- Stylish ceramic glass top
- Weighs only 3lb
- Slim and storage-friendly design
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Non-slip rubber feet
- The glass top may stain easily
The Proctor Silex electric stove comes with built-in safety features for hassle-free cooking. Its non-skid feet prevent the stove from falling or slipping, while the indicator lets the users know whenever the stove is in use. The best thing about this stove is that the burner coil quickly lifts and offers easy access to the drip pan. You can then easily clean the stove and pan with a damp cloth or a sponge.
- Temperature knob with multiple heat settings
- Heats up quickly
- Durable and high-quality burner
- Compact and stylish design
- 1000W power
- Doesn’t come with various heat settings
This small, portable electric stove features a premium-grade cast-iron plate and a temperature control knob with six heat settings from low to high. The stovetop directs airflow from the food and prevents hot or cold spots. It is equipped with 1300W power and heats up very evenly and quickly. Just like a traditional gas stove, the stove is easy to clean and maintain.
- Weighs only 8.2lb
- Comes with a power indicator light
- Stainless steel brushed housing
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Easy to operate
- Ceramic surface is hard to maintain
You can take this portable and travel-friendly induction cooktop anywhere and enjoy delicious meals. It features a sleek and modern design, and it’s also lightweight and highly functional. This induction cooktop features six temperature settings that allow you to quickly heat the food without burning it. You can cook at 52 different temperatures, ranging from 100F to 575F. Plus, it also offers programmable stage cooking with 100 hours of performance and memory.
- Auto-shutoff feature
- Versatile temperature control for steaming, frying, and grill
- Uses about 70% less energy than traditional stoves
- Temperature adjustment with 10-degree increment
- Unique circular design
- May not work with all types of cookware
If you are looking for a double electric burner that is also portable, consider this one from Maxi-Matic. The stove has dual temperature control knobs with low, medium, and high heat settings for cooking the food evenly. It features 7-inch and 6-inch cast-iron non-stick cooking plates that are easy to clean and maintain. Its power indicator offers added safety, while its 1500Watts power enables quick and efficient cooking.
- Perfect heat distribution
- Stable and safe rubber feet
- Compact and storage-friendly
- Stylish design with polished black surface
- Dual power indicators
- May glitch after prolonged use
This portable induction cooktop is not only stylish but also functional and safe to use. The cooktop features eight power levels from 100W to 1800W with 100W increments, so you can cook food as per your convenience. It also comes with 17 preset adjustable temperature settings from 140F to 460F with 20F increments. Plus, it comes with large buttons for enhanced usability.
- Lightweight and compact cooktop
- Offers uniform heating
- 3-hour timer and overheating protection
- Safety child lock
- Wear-resistant and easy to maintain
- Takes time to heat up
This multipurpose portable cooktop is sleek, with a design that will flatter your kitchen countertop. The hot plate uses seven heat settings that are thermostatically controlled for convenient cooking. It is engineered with a 7.4-inch thick heating plate that is compatible with different types and sizes of cooking utensils. Plus, the cooktop doesn’t emit any harmful radiation.
- Non-magnetic steel pans prevent heat loss
- Durable and sturdy stainless steel construction
- Non-slip feet
- Overheat-protection feature
- Difficult to clean
This portable electric stove is ideal for adventure seekers, campers, or people who need a backup stove. The stove features a professional digital countertop and is engineered with two top panel heating zones. Each of the panels has individual heating zone settings and an LCD screen. You can easily switch from one cooking mode to the other with a single touch.
- Manual cooking and automatic warm function
- Child safety lock
- The electromagnetic design prevents heat loss
- Heavy-duty and energy-efficient cooktop
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Both burners may not work efficiently together
This one is a versatile and budget-friendly induction burner with 1800W power. It features a lightweight and compact design and is easy to store. It weighs just six pounds and thus, is travel friendly. It comes with nine power levels within the range of 200W to 1000W and ten temperature settings from 140F to 464F. You can run the cooktop from five minutes to three hours for efficient cooking.
- Auto shut-off post one minute of idle time
- Comes with child safety locks
- Accommodates up to 10.5in pan
- An active variable cooling system
- High-quality glass surface
- Boils water within 50 seconds
- Doesn’t come with a proper user guide
This induction cooktop comes with 2200Wp power to meet the different cooking needs of users. The ring features 11 power levels, and the double ring has 22 power levels. The cooktop also offers high and low voltage protection. It stops heating when the voltage goes higher than 275V or, and stops heating when the voltage goes lower than 140V. It also shuts off automatically when the furnace temperature exceeds 650 degrees.
- Offers circuit fault protection
- Compatible with iron, copper, aluminum, and heat-resistant glass
- Compatible with utensils of 7-10in diameter
- Explosion-proof glass and corrosion resistant
- Temperature control valve
- Doesn’t heat up quickly
If you are looking for a portable electric cooktop with various cooking modes, this one comes with 15 temperature ranges and temperature control options from 120F to 465F. The cooktop offers even, quick heating through 1800W of power and offers 50% faster cooking than the conventional stoves. It also has a built-in countdown timer for up to 179 minutes with one-minute increments.
- Easy-to-use push-button panel
- Auto shut-off post two hours of no use
- Diagnosis error message system
- Uniform heat distribution
- Directs 90% heat to the pot
- Only compatible with iron, stainless steel, or cast-iron utensils
With this electric infrared burner, you can boil 1,000ml water within five minutes. With the heating efficiency of 900W and power of 1200W, this burner minimizes heat loss and saves energy. It features six power levels that can be adjusted for better temperature control. Plus, the infrared hot plate is compatible with all flat and heat-resistant cookware.
- Even heating through vertical heat conduction
- Portable and heat-insulated handles
- Precise temperature dial
- Durable and safe to use
- Doesn’t make any noise
- May cause overheating or burning of foods
This is one of the best electric portable stoves featuring a mini temperature control knob and a cooking plate. This single buffet hot plate can be used as an extra cooking element or as a cooking stove for holiday homes. The compact and lightweight stove can be accommodated in a small space and, thus, is space-savvy. It also comes with a power indicator.
- Automatic shut-off for safety
- 6.1in cooking plate
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Skid-proof rubber feet
- 1000W power
- Coiled surface may cause heat loss
If you are looking for an electric stove induction cooktop with two burners, this one is a great pick. This ETL-certified cooktop features a smooth tempered glass surface and is easy to clean. The durable stove doesn’t crack or chip and remains intact for years. It can withstand intense heat and is compatible with most iron, stainless steel, and cast-iron pans. It also features a hot surface indicator that informs you if the stove is too hot to touch.
- The sensor heats as per the size of the utensil
- Auto-shutoff feature
- Child control lock
- Nine-level temperature settings
- 1-179 minutes timer function
- Red LED display with black polished surface
- Glass may get stained easily
What’s better than an electric ceramic cooktop that features a practical heating method and comes with built-in safety features? This cooktop by SUKIO is compatible with heat-resistant utensils and pans made of iron, aluminum, copper, etc. The cooktop also provides 5-way high and low voltage protection. When the voltage is higher than 275V or lower than 140V, it stops heating. Also, when the surface temperature reaches 650 degrees, the stove stops heating.
- Display window for power settings
- Temperature control knob
- Timer control with touch buttons
- Rounded edges and child safety lock
- Even heat distribution
- Surface may be slightly fragile
After scrolling through these functional electric portable stoves, you may wonder how to choose one for yourself. So here is a buying guide that will help you make the right decision.
How to Choose The Right Electric Portable Stove
While looking for a portable electric stove, here are the things you should keep in mind.
1. Temperature settings
Whether you are using a portable stove as backup cookware or as a travel stove for camping, you need a stove that is functional and has user-friendly temperature settings for efficient cooking. A portable stove with multiple and flexible temperature settings will allow you to cook different foods quickly. Most stoves have a temperature range of 140F to 460F. Also, look at the interval that comes with the temperature settings. A stove with 10-20 degree increments is a great pick.
2. Type of cooktop
Most of the cooktops are made using ceramic or glass hot plates. These stoves are fragile, so if you want a sturdy and durable cooktop, you can try an induction or heating-coil cooktop. The heat-coil cooktops are durable and easy to maintain while the induction cooktops offer even heat distribution and prevent heat loss.
3. Portability and weight
If you are looking to buy a stove for camping, traveling, and outdoor adventures, portability and weight are the essential features to look for. Pick a lightweight stove that features a sleek design and is compact and durable. It must also fit in small backpacks and occupy little space.
4. Power level
The standard stoves have a power level of 1800W, although it can go up to 2200W. Bigger and high-powered stoves allow you to cook food more quickly compared to low-powered stoves. Thus, always look for the power levels before purchasing a stove.
These are the best electric portable stoves to consider if you want to invest in a functional and long-lasting stove. With the help of the buying guide, you will be able to explore the best stoves based on your requirements and make the right buying decision.