If you have ever cooked chicken and had a tough time snipping through its thick skin, you probably know the amount of effort it takes. Slippery hands, uneven cutting, and tricky maneuvering make the entire process displeasing. But having a handy tool makes your task effortless. A perfectly designed kitchen tool, poultry shears is curved and straightened at the right places to provide a stern grip, ease your cutting experience, and save time.
Keep reading this post to know about some of the best poultry shears available online. We also share a buying guide to help you choose the right kitchen shears.
15 Best Poultry Shears
The Acelone multi-functional scissors made of 3CR14 stainless steel can cut poultry, including chicken, turkey, scale fish, crab, and meat and chop vegetables, fruits, nuts, and herbs. With an ideal blade length of 3.3in and a total length of 8in, this cutting tool is portable and efficient.
- Excellent job with flesh and tendons
- Comfortable to hold with left and right hand
- Anti-skid handle
- Can open bottles and crack nuts
- Easy to use, dishwasher-safe
- Black sheath to cover the sharp tips
- May not cut thick bones
The premium-quality 9.25-inch poultry shears have extra thick blades to support rough and tough usage. It is versatile, durable, and sturdy with comfortable handles. The shears have a center-toothed grip for cracking bones and nuts and ensures no food particles are stuck near adjustable hinge nuts. It has notches on the handles to open the jars and bottles.
- High-quality and versatile
- Micro-serrated blade to prevent rust
- Made of food-grade stainless steel
- Sharp blade and textured grip
- Can be used as a peeler
- Doesn’t have a blade cover
- May rust over time
The Oxo poultry shears provide a good grip and spring-hinged support to prevent strain on the hand. It has sharp blades to hold the shears firmly and prevent slipping. After the cutting process, you can remove the edges and clean it with warm soapy water. The functional kitchen shears can cut different poultry and vegetables and give you a smooth experience.
- Can cut through hard ingredients and bones
- Curved and micro-serrated blades
- Dishwasher-safe and multi-functional
- Handle lock for safe storage
- Spring may break
Gidli’s shears are made of stainless steel and have sharp blades to cut through poultry and seafood with ease. Its edges can even peel the outer covering of vegetables, scrape fish scales, crack nuts, remove bottle caps, and clean shrimp. The multipurpose kitchen shears make your kitchen tasks easy and safe.
- Sturdy and durable
- Quick-cutting ability
- Versatile and dishwasher-safe
- Made of premium-quality material and long-lasting
- May not cut through bones
The multipurpose kitchen shears are made of 2CR 12 steel and are designed for advanced cutting performance. This versatile and handy kitchen tool does a lot, from scraping fish scales to removing the bottle cap. The shears have a fitted hinge and a supporting 3.5-inch blade with a total length of 9.2in to cut several meat varieties and vegetables.
- Heavy-duty shears with the ability to cut, scrape, and crack
- Can be used by both right and left-handed people
- D-shaped handle gives more room to handle the shear
- Rubber lining at the holder prevents slip
- Unique design with a lower fulcrum down the blade
- May notbe useful for thick ingredients
The Tansung anti-rust poultry shears are made of alloy steel and have 9.5-inch long and thick blades. It helps you to perform multiple tasks, such as opening bottles, peeling fruits, chopping herbs, scraping scales, and cutting bones with ease. The blades can be separated to wash, wipe, and store immediately after use. The shears are resistant to rusting, which makes it a valuable investment.
- Soft grip handles for comfort
- Three-mode lock design
- Mini serrations on the edges for a good grip
- Can be used by left and right-handed people
- Adjustable lock design
- Blades require regular sharpening
The heavy-duty and high-quality kitchen shears have laser-sharp blades to provide a firm grip and smooth cuts. Its 9.35-inch long thick blades and three-mode design lets you chop the chicken, poultry, bone, meat, herbs, fruits, and vegetables efficiently in less time. The poultry shears are sturdy and have a lock mode and anti-slip handle for safe use.
- Spring-loaded design to prevent hand strain
- Micro-serrated blades for a firm grip
- Food-grade stainless steel
- Suitable for both right and left-handed people
- Can be separated and reassembled
- May not be dishwasher-safe
The rustproof poultry shears by Best Kitchen is made of surgical-grade stainless steel to stay sharp and useful for a longer duration. It is 8.1in long, weighs 5.6oz, and has ergonomic handles for a firm and comfortable hold. The heavy-duty kitchen shears are easy to clean and requires minimal effort when cutting poultry or vegetables.
- Sturdy and durable
- Premium-quality and long-lasting
- Can be used as garden shears and fabric shear
- Free blade cover to protect the tips
- Hard plastic handles
- Tightening the hinge bolt may be difficult
Cutting poultry becomes simple and hassle-free with the high-quality shears from Silver Armadillo. The 11.18-inch long shears have a metal handle and spring load to cut through the bones with minimal effort. The design supports ergonomic handles to prevent hand strain. It easily cuts the poultry, meat, and seafood with its sharp tips and gives you the desired results. The shears can also reach the narrow parts of the chicken and makes your work easier.
- Silicone brush
- Easy to wash and use
- Made up of stainless steel
- Safety lock and rustproof
- Large and heavy-duty handles
- May not cut the raw skin
The anti-slip poultry shears manufactured by Zulay Kitchen is made with stainless steel and prevents accidents when cutting. Its handle is made up of thermoplastic rubber and polypropylene material to offer comfort and not strain your hand. The multi-functional shears are comfortable and safe to use for cutting poultry and other foods.
- Spring-loaded grip to widen blades
- Safety lock and sharp blades
- Detachable blades for convenient cleaning
- Latch doesn’t interfere while cutting
- May not last long
This innovative poultry shears from Poromi is scientifically designed for versatile and efficient cutting. It has comfortable handles, sharp blades, and good cutting strength to cut chicken, meat, duck, fish, crab, vegetables, herbs, and small bones by both left and right hand. You also get a protective blade cover to prevent damage and hand strain.
- High-quality steel prevents rust issues
- Anti-slip handle
- Easy to clean blades
- Comfortable and sturdy design
- May not be durable
The ultra-sharp professional poultry delivers impeccable performance when spatch cocking, butterflying, and boning chicken, duck, and turkey. It is also useful to shears the fish, steak, and lobster. The sharp blades and a comfortable handle add value to the shears and let you cut effortlessly.
- Good grip and handle to reduce strain
- Made with food-grade stainless steel
- Proffers non-slippery contact with the poultry
- Long, slender, and sharp
- Dishwasher-safe and simple to use
- The handle has limited use
This 12.5-inch long cutting tool is specifically designed to save time when cutting poultry. If you deal with poultry quite often, this tool is helpful in more than one way. The serrations on the shears provide a firm and convenient grip when cutting. The curves on the straight blade give a knack to cut diverse ranges of poultry easily and quickly.
- Useful for spatch cocking and cutting
- Locking feature for safety
- 5-inch steel blades
- May notcut raw chicken skin and wings
WMF’s high-grade stainless steel blades are supported by a spring mechanism to enable effortless cutting. Its edges prevent rust, stain, and pitting to deliver a high-edge performance. While the soft rubber grip handle prevent sprain, the safety locking mechanism keeps the blades closed for secure storage. The shears are useful for a variety of cutting tasks.
- Highly durable and long-lasting
- Easily cuts through the bones
- Comfortably fits in the palm
- Functional and durable
- May not be suitable for small hands
The premium 9-inch long, curved, and tapered shaped butcher shears are ideal for cutting meat, poultry, fish, and bone with precision. The soft and sculpted handle loop makes the cutting comfortable and fast. It has 3.5-inch blades that can be separated for quick and easy cleaning.
- Sharp and thick blades
- Easy and quick to clean
- Made of sturdy and good quality material
- Versatile and long-lasting
- May not cut the skin
How To Choose The Right Poultry Shears?
Here are a few features to help you find the most appropriate poultry shears.
- Sharp blades: Choose shears made of premium quality stainless steel with sharp edges to cut thick textures. Such a multipurpose tool can cut through various poultry and other foods.
- Ergonomic grip: A comfortable rubber handle with an anti-slip grip rightly fits in your palms. It also requires minimal effort on the blade to cut smoothly and prevents strain on the hand.
- Length and weight: If the shears are too short, it may not cut through thick bones. Also, if the shears are too light, it may not give you control. Check the appropriate length and weight before you buy a suitable one.
- Multitasking ability: A good-quality poultry shears should work on different ingredients such as herbs, nuts, seafood shells, and veggies. Choose shears that can perform both precision cuts such as trimming and power cuts such as cleaving.
- Protective cover and safety lock: Safe storage of the poultry shears prevents mishaps. It is also essential to keep the shears away from the children. Therefore, choose shears that have a protective cover for tips and safety lock at the back.
- Others: Check if the poultry shears can be put in the dishwasher. A hinge is a place that keeps two blades together, so look for shears with a spring at the hinge to enable repetitive cutting action. You can even find shears that have removable blades for easy cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can a knife sharpener sharpen poultry shears?
Ideally, a knife sharpener cannot effectively sharp poultry shears. The edge of the shears is different from that of a regular knife. Therefore, it is advisable to sharpen the poultry shears with a sharpening stone or a customized multi-sharpener.
2. What is the difference between kitchen shears and poultry shears?
Poultry shears have an exclusive bone-cutting notch, which is absent in kitchen shears. Also, the blades’ shape is different, as the poultry shears have curvy edges at a few places, while kitchen shears may not necessarily have. However, most of the brands consider poultry and kitchen shears to be the same product. So, pick a product, keeping in mind the specific features you are looking for.
If you are a chef or love to experiment in the kitchen using various tools, you should consider having premium-quality shears. The best poultry shears help you attain perfection at cooking and make your task quicker. So, compare the features of different shears and get one suiting your requirements.