We are surrounded by gadgets such as tablets, speakers, laptops, and phones, which need a regular power supply. So, here’s our list of the best power strips with USB for easy recharging. It is important to have enough outlets that support most of the gadgets simultaneously. You can connect power strips to any AC source for a hassle-free charging experience. These products distribute power equally to all the connected devices and avoid any power fluctuations, overload, or overheating.
So if you work on a laptop or have multiple electric devices at home, buying a good power strip can be a safe option. With various options available, choosing the right power strip may be challenging. So, read on to learn more about the products to make an informed decision.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Power Strips With USB
The Bototek heavy-duty power strip has ten AC outlets and four USB charging ports. It has a smart circuit and an in-built voltage that detects your device’s power supply requirement and protects it from damage caused by fluctuations. The strip has a six-feet-long cord, which is fire-resistant with a heat-dissipating copper wire.
It has two specially designed widely spaced AC outlets of 2in for large adapters and eight standard spacing outlets for efficient and quick charging. The strip measures 12.2×3.78×1.4in, weighs 1.76lb and provides 2100J surge protection. Take a look at this video to learn more about this product.
- Sleek design and versatile
- Does not over-heat
- Heavy-duty and sturdy
- Convenient to use
- 24-month warranty, lifetime technical support
- Does not have the flat AC plug feature
- May make noise when in use
Equipped with three outlets and USB ports, the Anker cube-shaped power strip is compact, fire-resistant, and a suitable surge protector for traveling. It is designed to protect your devices from damage due to fluctuation or overload. The power strip delivers high-speed charging through its PowerIQ technology and has a 5ft extension cord, which is rubber coated for protection. It weighs 9.1oz and measures 2.44×2.44×2.44in. You may check out more about this product in this video.
- Can work with an input voltage of 90 to 264V
- Compact and modern design
- Offers optimized USB charging
- Convenient to use, saves space
- 18-month warranty
- Does not have a flat plug charger
- Maybe susceptible to short-circuit
The surge protector from Powrui features two USB charging ports and six widely-spaced AC outlets to plug in large adapters with ease. This three-sided power strip has a night light, which allows easy access even in the dark. It can be wall-mounted easily and is equipped with smart sensing circuitry to detect overload or fluctuation in power.
The safety shutdown technology uses a thermal fuse to cut the power supply and protect your devices against fire or damage caused by voltage overload. Its surge protection rating is 1680J and weighs 8oz only. The power strip dimensions are 5.8x4x2.8in, and it comes with a 30-day return and 12-month replacement warranty. This review video gives you more information about the product.
- Sleek, stylish, and modern design
- Saves space
- Sturdy and durable
- Night light feature comes handy
- Wall-mounting may not be easy
- May not fit every type of adapter perfectly
The power strip from Superdanny is designed with a smart identification technology to provide overload and short-circuit protection. It has two mounting holes, five AC outlets, and three smart USB ports with an IC that auto-adjust the power supply of the device connected.
It works on a one-piece copper strip technology with 900J of power protection. The 10A power outlet is made with ABS+PC fire-resistant material for better security. It also features an independent switch to disconnect it anytime from the main power supply. The strip weighs 11.2oz and measures 9.57×1.93×1.18in.
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Can be easily mounted on the wall
- Long cord included
- Hook-and-loop fastener included
- USB port may not work properly
- Screw mounting inverts the charging ports, making it inconvenient
- May overheat at times
Tessan’s power strip is a must-have compact, wall-mount desk accessory that features four widely spaced outlets, three USB chargers, a five-foot-long power cord, and a flat plug design. It provides safety and turns-off immediately in case of a short circuit, overload, or voltage fluctuation. The power strip weighs 11.8oz and measures 3.9×3.9×1.1in.
- Compact and stable
- Easy to mount on the wall
- Angled and flat plugs included
- Switch trips off for safety
- Rubber bottom to prevent slipping
- May overheat with minimal load
- May not be surge-protected
The power strip from Bestek has 600J surge protection with eight widely spaced AC outlets and four smartIQ identification USB charging ports. It has a 12ft long heavy-duty extension cord and an on/off switch for overload protection. The power strip can be wall-mounted, and it comes with a refund policy for 180 days. It also comes with an 18-month product replacement warranty, weighs 2.2lb, and measures 10×3.78×1.42in.
- Lengthy cord with a sturdy body
- Compact and wide design
- Comes with a separate switch for power supply
- Available in four sizes
- Powerful and durable
- All USB ports may not be fast charging
- May spark while overheating and stop functioning
- May generate a buzzing noise when in use
Awall-mountable surge protector, this power strip from Witeem has 12 AC outlets and four USB fast charging ports. It has a 6ft long cord with a surge protection rating of 4360J. The in-built smart charging technology in the USB ports detects the devices and provides supply power accordingly. It protects your devices from overload, spikes, fluctuations, and overheating. The dimensions of the power strip are 14×6.6×2.2in, and it weighs 1.87lb.
- High surge protection rating
- Smart USB ports
- Safety shutters for protection
- Works well even when heavy-duty devices are connected
- Could be bulky and large
- May overheat soon
The Poweriver power strip features 12 AC outlets, five USB ports, a heavy-duty 6ft long extension cord, and a three-level 2100J surge protector. The USB charger has in-built smart technology to detect the device and provide fast-charging up to 5V. It has an overcurrent protection switch that limits its working current to prevent overheating. It comes with a 30-day return and 12-month replacement policy, weighs 1.41lb, and measures 11.2×3.8×1.2in.
- AC outlets well-spaced to fit big adapters
- Durable and sturdy
- Long cord included
- Fast USB charging ports
- Reliable and safe
- Outlets may be too tight
- USB ports may stop working after prolonged use
The Onebeat desktop power strip has two AC outlets, three high-speed USB ports, and a 5ft braided extension cord. Its compactly designed, the flat angle makes it ideal for traveling. The strip is made of fire-resistant ABS+PC shell to protect from overload, short circuit, and overheating. It weighs 9.6oz and measures 5.94×2.28×1.1in.
- Compact design
- Convenient to use
- Sturdy cord included
- 12-month free replacement warranty
- May not have surge protection
- May overheat while in use
The two surge protector power strips from Mifaso have six AC outlets and two USB ports. Each power strip has a 5ft long heavy-duty braided extension cord with a 900J surge protection rating to avoid damage caused by a fluctuating power supply or short circuit. The extension cord has a right-angle plug, and the strip is equipped with a lighted power switch and a 15A circuit breaker to protect the devices during a power surge. It comes with an 18-month warranty, weighs 1.89lb, and measures 12.6x2x1.4in.
- Durable and sturdy
- Sleek, compact, and stylish
- Smart IC technology for fast charging
- Has two keyholes for mounting on the wall
- May have narrow T-slots for mounting
- Outlets may not be widely spaced
The square-shaped compact power strip is equipped with six AC outlets, four USB ports, and a 5ft long extension power cord. Its surge protection rating is 1700J, and the USB ports supply offers 2.4A/1A output due to its smart detection. The weight of the power strip is 12oz, and its dimensions are 6×3.3×1.2in.
- Compact design
- Convenient to use
- On and off switch for safety
- LED light to indicate power supply
- USB ports may stop working
- Outlets may not be wired properly
How To Choose The Right Power Strip With USB?
You should consider a few features in a USB port power strip to find the best one that suits your requirements.
- Functions: The power strip should have a versatile functionality with multiple outlets, USB ports, and surge protection.
- Material: Power strips, when connected to multiple devices, tend to overheat. So you should consider a sturdy body material as an essential parameter. A power strip made of tough and heat-resistant material would be an ideal choice.
- Voltage capacity: A variety of power strips that use different voltage capacities, optimum voltage, and feature fast, efficient charging could be a suitable option.
- High Joule rating: Look for a high joule rating for surge protection to avoid damage to your heavy-duty devices from short circuits or overload.
- Long power cord: The longer the power cord, the better it is. The power strip with long cords are safer to use and can be conveniently plugged into a plug-point located in any corner of the room.
Why Trust MomJunction?
A versatile and experienced product writer, Wedetso Chirhah specializes in different products, one of them being electronics. Having done extensive research on the topic and with several articles to his name, he is familiar with the requirements of people regarding gadgets and other electronics. Keeping your needs and convenience in mind, he has compiled a list of the best power strips with USB. The products listed here have detailed specifications along with pros and cons. With the help of the buying guide provided here, you can make the right choice.
Power strips with USB are essential when working with multiple devices. When selecting a power strip with a USB, it is crucial to ensure that it comes with surge protection and is made from materials that prevent overheating. In addition, when charging more than three devices using a power strip, make sure it offers optimum voltage and a high joule rating for efficiency. Moreover, choose a power strip with a long cord to keep your devices close to you even if the plug point is at a distance.