Teenagers could be stressed out as they have to make important decisions in life – related to studies, relationships, friends, career, and a lot more. Therefore, we bring some prayers for teenagers in this post to help them get the strength to overcome difficult phases with ease. They also need the right motivation to pick the right path in their life as things could get emotionally taxing for them. Praying every day can give them power and establish faith in God. Some divine intervention can also help them move forward smoothly. So, inspire them to include these prayers in their routine to calm their minds and be stable even in hard situations.
15 Powerful Prayers For Teenagers
These prayers for teenagers are powerful ways to communicate with the higher power and receive guidance in life.
Morning prayer for teenager
- Lord, let my teenager follow in Your footsteps today so that each step brings him/her closer to You. Protect them from careless thoughts, words, and actions. Keep their hearts pure and full of love. Help them remember that this day is a gift to them from You and teach them to revel in the joy You have given them. Let them spend the day in happiness and bliss. Let them guide others to walk on the path of righteousness and truth just as You have taught them.
- Lord, I thank You for the teenager You have sent my way. He/she is the best gift You could have given me. Ever since he/she was a little child, he/she has given me only joy as You intended. Let him/her grow to their full potential. Give me the strength to assist them in the path. May this day be full of light and laughter for my teenager. Just as You have given me only joy all these years, gift my teen a joyful day as well. He/she will remain in gratitude all their life.
- Father, my teen, knows that You are his/her personal savior and that You are always watching over him/her. I pray to You to give him/her the grace and knowledge to accept the love of Our Lord, Jesus Christ. May he/she be mature enough to handle the challenges the evil world throws at him/her. Protect him/her from all the malevolent forces in the world and give her the strength to turn to You even when the whole world is against him/her. With Your guidance, my teenager will be able to sail through life with success and strength.
Bedtime prayer for teenager
- Oh Lord, I thank You for giving my teenager a good day. May he/she be grateful for the food You put on our plates, the roof over our heads, and the succor You provide when we are in trouble. Sometimes, life might be confusing for my teen. Please help him/her in such troubling times and let them overcome all odds. Thank You for today, and thank You for tomorrow. Thank You for all the relatives and friends You have given us. Without Your generous gifts, we would have been lost.
- Dear Lord, if my teenager has not followed Your wishes and not fulfilled Your promises, please forgive him/her. Give him/her the strength to get up and follow Your wishes tomorrow. According to Your wishes, all will be well. Let no one talk him/her out of following his/her spirituality. They should learn to put their foot down and explain to everyone that Your word is gospel and it should be followed at any cost. When they follow Your word and fulfill Your wishes, they live the life that they deserve. Amen.
- Holy Father, thank You for teaching my teen to revere You. Revering You is the seed of true knowledge. Teach him/her wisdom and let them be disciplined in all walks of life. Let them excel in studies and their relationships with others now and in the future. Help them do what is right and never let them go astray. Give them insight and the power to discern right and wrong. Help them listen to the correction and instruction of those with more experience. With all this only, Your gift to me will be able to live a happy life as You decreed for Your followers.
Prayer for teenagers in trouble
- Heavenly Father, my teenager is struggling with some problems and temptations right now. Though he/she knows right from wrong, his/her mind is weak, and it wants them to take the incorrect decisions which will land him/her in more trouble. Give him/her the strength and discipline to do right by Your Word. Help them overcome temptation and avoid sin. Let them not indulge in any activity that will dishonor his/her name.
- Dear Lord, my teenager indulged in some hurtful activities on social media. He/she passed some sarcastic comments on other people and hurt them with his/her words. Just as sharp words spoken in person hurt, sarcastic online comments also hurt. Forgive them for their error and help them see the light.
- Forgive my teenage son/daughter for their wrongdoings. Sorry that they strayed from Your path of justice. Sow the seed of faith in their heart and let them follow Your Word. With Your guidance, let their life be full of light and fruit.
Daily prayers for teens
- Dear Lord, as we start another day with Your blessings, please let my children’s lives be filled with Your kind spirit. Let them spread joy and positivity wherever they go. May peace and goodness follow them everywhere today. Teach them to become more like You and worship You in all they do. Let them remember You are in everything they see and do. Thank You for always being walking ahead of us. You are our Protector and Savior.
- Dear God, thank You for Your infinite power over our lives. Your work, blessings, and sacrifices are what make us what we are today. Thank You for looking after us and caring for us. Thank You for letting Your angels watch over us so that we don’t get distracted by the evil power of the Devil. You are our guiding force, and Your blessing is what makes our day great. Thank You for sacrificing Yourself at the altar of selfishness and greed so that we may live good lives. We are indebted to our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- Holy Father, I don’t know who or what will cross my child’s path today. Yet I am not worried, for I know that Your watchful eyes will always be on us and protect us from harm. You are our Rock, our Fortress, our Shield, and our Strong Tower. Anchor Your blessings to my teen today so that they can stand strong in the face of adverse circumstances and come out stronger than before. Fill their hearts with the power of kindness and peace so that they can spread it to all they meet.
Prayers for helping teens in daily life
- Heavenly Father, give my teenager the power of discernment so that they do not blindly follow the crowd. When he/she is enticed by their friends to do something that is morally wrong, give them the strength to turn their back on their friends instead of following in their immoral footsteps. Teach him/her that hurting others or harming themselves is wrong. Let them be courageous to walk on Your path of justice and fairness. Help them keep away from the path of destruction. Only with Your guiding light will they be able to overcome the temptations others offer them.
- Dear Lord, my teen has to make different decisions. You have given them the strength of decision-making, yet they need Your guidance to make the right decision every time. Your Holy Spirit has the wisdom to make them understand the knowledge to make a decision. Let them always keep the bigger picture in mind and not take hasty decisions seeing only the smaller things. Help them learn from their past mistakes and experiences. Teach them not to procrastinate and to seek wisdom from books and knowledgeable elders and You when they are confused.
- Lord, You have always been my teenager’s friend and have held his hand when he/she needed someone to support them. But now I ask You to give him/her earthly friends who will share their interests and values. They can be supportive of each other in their lives. Please grant my teenager friends who encourage and motivate him/her. Let these friends walk with my child on the path of righteousness, and may they not lead them astray. Let my teenager be a good friend to them by being their pillar of strength in their time of need.
With these powerful prayers for teenagers, you can help your teen to start walking on the right path. Leading a spiritual life can make them stay down-to-earth, humble, and focused on their goals. After all, “Prayer is aligning ourselves with the purposes of God.”– E. Stanley Jones