If you are looking to perfect your makeup routine and give your face a professional and flawless look, a primer is an indispensable product in your beauty kit. A primer makes a perfect base for light or heavy makeup. It helps the foundation lock-in and cover blemishes, scars, open pores, and other skin imperfections, giving the face a smooth, clear, and matte finish. But if you have sensitive, acne-prone skin, primers may cause your pores to clog and breakout. Excessively oily skin may look glossy and shiny.
Therefore, it is important to find a primer that is best suited for acne-prone sensitive skin, so it can do its job effectively without causing any harm. Pick from our list of recommended five best primers for acne-prone skin and get one for yourself.
5 Best Primers In India For Acne-Prone Skin
Lakme Absolute brings you a water-proof, blur-perfect primer that makes the perfect base for a professional makeup look. It helps the makeup stay on longer while minimizing the appearance of imperfections on the face. The primer gives a smooth radiance to the skin while hiding pores and blemishes. The creamy texture of the silky formula blends easily and brightens the face instantly with a perfect matte finish. It is also considered one of the best primers for makeup in India.
The clear formula of Blue Heaven Primer enhances makeup when used under foundations. It is also an excellent base for blush-ons and eye-shadows. The non-greasy formula is oil-free and suitable for normal skin. It contains vitamins and silicones that soften the skin texture and soothe the face. The primer glides on easily with a mattifying effect and keeps the makeup looking fresh for hours.
If you are looking for a solution to make your foundation last longer, the L’Oreal Base Magique primer for pores is the one for you. It reduces shine and gives the face a matte finish. This is a hydrating formula that creates a mask on enlarged pores and wrinkles. It protects the skin with a flawless, silky, light finish and helps the makeup last longer.
The Lotus Perfecting gel primer for the face is a lightweight, oil-free, gel-based formula. It helps to minimize the appearance of acne scars, pigmentation, and large pores, giving the skin an even tone. The non-comedogenic formula is infused with vitamin E and is rich in antioxidants, which combat the aging signs. The 100% vegetarian formula shields the skin from sun damage and provides a smooth matte finish. This primer facilitates the makeup to last for longer.
If you have oily acne-prone or sensitive skin, The Jolie primer is an oil-free formula best for these skin types. It is formulated with peptides that give the skin an even tone and covers-up scars and imperfections. The formula is free of parabens and fragrances, absorbs easily, and gives the skin a smooth matte finish all day long.
How To Choose The Right Primer For Acne-Prone Skin?
Here are some considerations to keep in mind when choosing a primer for acne-prone skin.
- Oil-free: Since acne is usually caused by excess oil secretion and clogging of pores, an oil-free primer is ideal. Oil-based primers could clog the pores and also give the face a shiny look.
- Lightweight: Picking a primer that is light on the skin is a good idea since a heavy formula will attract dirt and trap bacteria more easily. A light primer will minimize redness, offer sun protection, and hydrate the skin.
- Ingredients: The skin is likely to experience a breakout if the ingredients are sticky. Ingredients like charcoal or tea tree oil will help draw out impurities to unclog pores and offer antibacterial properties to keep the skin protected.
- Silicone-free: If your skin is sensitive and prone to acne, make sure to stay away from primers containing silicones. These act as a gum that sticks all comedogenic ingredients from your makeup products to the skin. This will aggravate the breakouts.
- Water-based formula: Water-based primers are easily absorbed by the skin and do not form a layer or block the pores. They may not be as long-acting as oil-based primers but definitely safer for acne-prone skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do primers cause breakouts?
Primers containing silicones can clog the pores of your skin, causing breakouts, especially for sensitive skin. However, non-comedogenic primers are also available. Some primers can control the sebum or oil production of the skin, thus controlling acne.
2. Is primer good for daily use?
If you wear makeup daily, then it is okay to use a primer everyday. But without makeup, it is better to use a BB cream or moisturizer instead of a primer.
If you have sensitive acne-prone skin, a primer works as a makeup base for you and a cover-up for the scars, blemishes, and acne. The primer hides the imperfections of the skin and gives your face a flawless, smooth appearance. However, it is important to find a primer that will not clog your pores and make the breakouts worse. Our list below offers you the five best primers for acne-prone skin that you can use on sensitive skin without any worry.
- Best Handbag Organizers
- Best Drugstore Waterproof Mascaras
- Best Puberty Books For Girls
- Best Gripe Water