Probiotics are live microorganisms, such as yeast and bacteria, good for the human body, especially the digestive system. They are the excellent warriors that keep your gut healthy while improving several other issues. With everyday food consumption, we take in a specific amount of bacteria. When it doesn’t seem to be enough, supplements will work to cover the deficiencies.
By taking the prescribed dose each day, you can easily prevent minor and major health issues. However, keep in mind to consult your health care provider before starting with any of these supplements.
Here, we have come up with the best probiotic supplements in India to help you choose the right supplement.
11 Best Probiotic Supplements In India
With a mixture of probiotic, prebiotic, and seven potent good bacteria strains, this product effectively promotes healthy digestion for men and women. It contains Bifidobacterium, an essential bacterium found in the gut and is responsible for strengthening the immunity system. The product promotes a healthy balance of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus that together inhibit the harmful bacteria growth.
- Ideal for travelers with the weak digestive system
- Manages inflammatory and irritable bowel syndrome
- 100% vegetarian with no side effects
- Non-GMO and allergen-free
- Clinically studied and tested
The HealthyHey probiotic is a vegan-friendly, shelf-stable supplement with almost 20 billion live-active cultures to improve gut health. It uses a delayed-release capsule technology that protects your stomach from the harsh environment. The product also enhances digestion, balances nutrient absorption, and promotes natural bowel movements.
- Stable strains at room temperature
- 20 billion CFU
- Non-GMU and gluten-free formula
- Fructooligosaccharide prebiotic fiber
The NutrineLife’s industry-leading capsules have been manufactured with a combination of probiotic strains and CFUs, containing Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, and other essential bacteria. This non-GMO supplement carries 15 billion CFUs along with scientifically proven strains in every capsule. The product offers adequate support to the digestive health, immune system, and intestinal health.
- Free from parabens
- Shelf life of 18 months from the date of manufacturing
- Free of lactose, dairy, and casein
- 100% natural and pure
- No additive sugars, artificial colors, fillers, starch, flavors, preservatives, or sweeteners
The Swisse probiotic’s premium-quality formula supports a healthy immune system and helps maintain gastrointestinal health. Its tendency to enhance digestion further improves gut health and general well-being.
The supplement restores the natural balance of intestinal flora and good bacteria. It also helps to relieve symptoms of flatulence and bloating.
- 100% vegetarian friendly
- No added gluten, lactose, or artificial flavors
- Combination of three clinically trialed bacterial strains
- Effective ingredients sourced across the world
- Developed with traditional and scientific evidence
The product has a 2.75 billion CFU of four strains that make it a diversified and high-potency supplement for men and women. It includes Saccharomyces Boulardii, Bifidobacterium Longum, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, and Lactobacillus Acidophilus. The Carbamide probiotic supplement supports the digestive tract, relieves acidity and pain, enhances digestive function, and eases bowel discomfort.
- Supports immune system
- Better absorption of nutrients
- Offers healthy gut microflora
- 100% vegetarian
- No artificial additives
The probiotic supplement includes five strains of each Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus, providing ten billion CFUs per capsule. Manufactured with a precise symbiotic formulation, this product is a good combination of prebiotics and probiotics. Consistent consumption of the supplement supports gut health, immunity, and digestion. It promotes brain health, metabolism and helps absorb vitamins and nutrients from the diet.
- Naturally fermented probiotics
- US FDA-registered
- High-quality vegetarian capsules
- Decreases bloating and balances gut flora
The Neuherbs supplement contains six healthy probiotics with 20 billion CFU and prebiotic per serving with a potent formula. The unique formula fulfills the body’s requirement of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
The Neuherbs probiotic improves complete wellness by enhancing immunity, digestion, and nutrient absorption. The product is free from preservatives, sugars, and gluten that balances its safety and purity.
- Balances digestive issues for older people
- Protects gut microbiome
- Maintains the gut feeling and overall mood
- Supports immune functionality
- Offers additional vitamin support
With 30 billion CFU and 16 probiotic strains, this Boldfit supplement is manufactured with a unique formula to support immunity and gut health. The product improves digestion, relieves stomach heaviness, bloating, and gas. This high-potency probiotic provides beneficial strains of good bacteria that keep your health optimal.
- Clinically researched and tested ingredients
- Manufactured in FSSAI licensed factory
- 100% vegetarian
- Free of soy, gluten, and sugar
Each capsule of this probiotics supplement contains 16 carefully chosen strains and 50 billion CFU beneficial enough for gut health. This product is appropriate for your immunity and digestion.
The natural supplement is allergen- and gluten-free. This product improves digestion, absorbs nutrients, and promotes natural bowel movements. Its delayed-release capsule technology protects the stomach from the harsh environment.
- Manufactured with plum, raspberry, Jerusalem artichoke, and cherry extracts
- Boosts immune system
- Inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria
- Helps mitigate bloating and acidity
Manufactured as per the high-quality standards, these capsules blend shelf-stable strains, such as LactoBacillus. It supports the digestive and immune system, promoting nutrient absorption, healthy yeast levels, and microflora recolonization. With daily consumption, you can achieve optimum overall health. The 100% natural supplement is made from the extracts of Triphala, svetajiraka, satahva, pippali, and dhanyaka.
- Non-vegetarian capsules
- Free from preservatives and additives
- Dietary supplement
- Directed by healthcare professionals
Powered by Lactobacillus Rhamnosus (LGG), this probiotic supplement contains clinically suitable and effective strains. It helps your digestive system work adequately. The product is scientifically proven to work in harmony with your body. The Mypro probiotic supplement treats digestive upset, bloating, gas, and diarrhea. It is vegetarian and contains no preservatives, wheat, soy, milk, and gluten.
- Supports healthy weight and energy
- Devoid of artificial additions
- Highest standards of potency and purity
- Requires no refrigeration
*The information given in the section has been taken from manufacturers’ sources. MomJunction is not responsible for any of the claims made here. We recommend readers’ discretion.
How To Choose The Right Probiotic Supplement?
Here are some factors to keep in mind to choose the best probiotic supplement.
- Number of tablets/capsules: Most supplements come with a recommendation of daily consumption. This is to cover up the deficiency of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and good bacteria your body requires daily to function properly. Therefore, it is advisable to choose a product with at least 120 tablets/capsules so you never miss a dose.
- Colony-forming units (CFU) Rating: It dictates the number of enzymes or bacteria present in the supplement. Generally, experts recommend taking any supplement with 30 million CFU or more. However, you should consult your physician before deciding upon this factor.
- Serving: Do not take anything more than the prescribed amount. Some may advise you to take one tablet a day, while others may suggest two or three a day. Make sure you check the dosage size or serving before buying any.
- Certifications: You should buy probiotics brands with a valid certification from any of the top organizations, such as FDA, ISO, GMP, or FSSAI.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I take additional supplements along with a probiotic supplement?
Considering that most probiotic supplements have only enzymes and bacteria, you will need additional nutrients to keep the deficiencies at bay. Therefore, taking additional supplements with probiotic supplements is advisable.
- Are there any side effects of probiotic supplements?
Despite being safe, probiotic supplements may leave some mild side effects, including minor constipation, mild diarrhea, cramps, gas, and others.
Probiotic supplements are majorly helpful in improving the digestive system and integrating them into your daily routine can help you tremendously well. Choose any of the supplements from the above-mentioned list. Keep the essential factors in mind to make the right choice.