When it comes to watching movies, nothing beats the experience of watching it in a theatre. Watching movies on the big screen is the best way to live the movie just like they are meant to be. But given the current worldwide pandemic, going back to theatres anytime soon is highly unlikely. To make up for that lost experience, you need the best projectors in India. We understand that home projectors are somewhat considered expensive devices, but now, there are brands that offer amazing products within the affordable price range.
Types Of Projectors
Before we move to the actual list of the best projectors, let us take a look at and understand the different types of projectors that are available in the market.
- Digital Light Processing (DLP) Projectors: They use chips that are in the form of micro-mirrors to project high-quality images onto a large screen.
- Liquid-Crystal Display (LCD) Projectors: They project images by sending light from a metal-halide lamp through a prism. This type of projectors offer one of the highest-quality images in the category.
- 3D Projectors: These have the ability to display 3D format images on the surface, but to actually view the image, you will need 3D glasses.
- LCoS Projectors: These projectors are a combination of DLP projector technology and image processing of LCD, but it instead blocks the lights using crystals to provide brighter whites and deeper black colors.
- Pico Projectors: These are small projectors that project images from a smartphone, camera, or other media devices on a flat surface. They are extremely portable and can fit in your pockets easily.
Factors That You Need To Consider While Buying A Projector
When you buy a projector, you expect to have a great time while using it. But considering how many projectors there are in the market, even with our list of the best ones, it becomes difficult to choose the right one. Here are a few features that you need to consider while buying a projector.
- Brightness and Contrast: A projector uses light to project images on the surface, so it needs to have enough brightness and contrast to be visible without squinting your eyes and trying too hard to see. If you plan to play movies during the night, low brightness and contrast level should be fine, but if you want to watch a movie during the day time, the projector needs to have high lumen capacity.
- Resolution: To enjoy any movie at its best, a projector needs to support a full HD 1080p resolution. But if it is a projector for the office or to travel with, it should be okay not to have full HD support.
- Connectivity: It would be a bummer to have a projector that only supports one or two ways to provide video input. The projector needs to have all the necessary ports so that you can connect it to a wide range of electronic devices like smartphones, laptops, PC, and gaming consoles to name a few.
- Projection Size: Bigger the picture, the better the movie experience. Look for a projector that has a large projection size that matches your needs. Ideally, for any home, a projection size of 100 inches should do the trick, but if you want more you can choose accordingly.
- Audio: If you do not own an external speaker to connect to the projector, then you should consider buying a projector that comes with an in-built speaker. Most projectors now do include an in-built speaker, but only a few of them provide you great audio quality.
Now, let us get on to the list of the 13 best projectors in India that are sure to bring that theatre-like experience right into your living room.
Top 13 Projectors In 2021
An upgraded version of its predecessor, Everycom X7 provides a higher brightness level and improved color quality. It can project images up to as large as 120 inches and has built-in speakers to enhance the user experience. It supports up to full HD 1080p image quality and projects every detail there is to be seen. It has a 15° keystone correction and focus function to adjust the focus of the projection. It can be mounted to the ceiling or just be placed on the table, whichever is preferable.
- It has multiple ports that include HDMI, USB, SD card, VGA, and AV for compatibility with different types of devices.
- It can also be connected to your setup box to watch all your favorite TV shows.
- It is compatible with your smartphone devices and other Bluetooth devices like Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, and Everycom Anycast Wireless HDMI Adapter.
- It can be connected to your gaming consoles like PS4 and Xbox One X.
- It has a lamp life of up to 20,000 hours to last ages without the need to replace the bulb.
- The brightness might not be enough to view in broad daylight.
If you are in need of a projector that is compact and easy to move from room to room, you should consider buying this portable projector from BORSSO. It is an easy-to-use projector that can be connected to any of your current-gen electronic devices that is at your disposal. It has a brightness level of 3000 lumens and can project images up to 200 inches. You can also connect the projector to your mobile device to play games.
- You get a customized lens cap to protect the lens from external damage.
- It has a keystone manual correction to increase/decrease focus by 15°.
- It has a native resolution of 1200×800 pixels and can support up to 1920×1080 pixels.
- It supports Smart Wi-Fi, Kola TV + YouTube, and has multiple ports like HDMIx2, USB, VGA, AV, Audio Out, and WiFi.
- The sound quality might not be satisfactory.
Egate i9 provides one of the best movie-watching experiences at your home. It has a native display resolution of 800×400 pixels and can support up to 1920×1080 pixels with an image projection of up to 120 inches. It has 16K colors and a contrast ratio of 1000:1 to offer a vivid and detailed image quality. It uses a 5-piece glass lens system to project clear and bright images for long hours. It has a short focal length to project large images from a short distance which ends up in projecting brighter images. It includes all the necessary ports for connectivity.
- You can change between the multiple aspect ratio options available.
- The LED lamps not only provide high-quality images but also extend the lifespan of the projector itself.
- You can directly play media files from USB and other external devices.
- The optical engine is completely sealed to prevent any dust from accumulating.
- The heat sink can withstand temperatures up to 49°C.
- It has a customized power management feature which protects the projector from heat, dust, and electrical fluctuations.
- It has in-built stereo speakers for an immersive audio experience.
- It utilizes its green technology to ensure low power consumption.
- It might not be suitable for long-term use.
Epson has been in India for a long time and has gathered a lot of compliments for its high-quality products and this projector is one of them. An ideal choice for your office, this affordable projector is multi-functional and is packed with features. It offers white and color brightness levels of up to 3,300 lumens and has a contrast ratio of 15,000:1 for an amazing image quality that is needed for office purposes.
- The comprehensive home screen offers all commonly-used features in one place.
- It has a horizontal keystone adjuster to change your presentation slides with ease.
- It has an auto power-on feature that starts projection automatically when a signal is detected via the video input ports.
- In eco-mode, the lamp can have a lifespan of up to 10,000 hours.
- The resolution might not be suitable for home use.
This Japan-based company has made a mark and is one of the most trusted brands in the world. This projector from Sony is definitely expensive but it offers top of the line features for the highest theatre-like experience at your home. Owing to its high contrast, the highlights and blacks have never been better. It uses a Motionflow technology that projects every detail with a minimal amount of blur.
- The 215-watt lamp generates brightness of up to 1800 lumens for high contrast and vibrant images.
- It supports full HD image quality that enhances every detail, color, and texture for unmatched image quality.
- It has a manual zoom feature to support up to a 1.6x zoom ratio and a wide lens shift range that will adapt to rooms of all sizes.
- It uses an industry-standard RF 3D transmitter to synchronize with the optional glasses to watch videos in 3D.
- The lamp might have issues after a certain period.
Turn any flat surface into a screen with the help of this mini projector from Canon. Be it your need for a projector in your tent on a hilltop or inside the meeting room for your presentation, this gets the job done. This projector is compact, lightweight, and portable. Weighing only 260g, it can be carried quite literally anywhere. It lets you stream media from any of your smart devices. It has a resolution of 854×480 (WVGA) pixels with vibrant and clear image even from 5 meters away. It has a brightness level of up to 100 Ansi Lumens.
- It can enlarge media up to 158 inches.
- It has built-in stereo speakers and a 3.5 mm jack.
- Its wireless functionality eliminates any usage of wires.
- The LED light source has a lifespan of 20,000 hours.
- It comes with a tripod which makes for easy installation with a height adjustment function to achieve the right viewing angles.
- It has a battery capacity of 1,900 mAH that can run up to 120 minutes with standard brightness.
- The projector might have heating issues.
This amazing projector from VISITEK could be a great replacement for your TV when it comes to features and quality. It has an in-built Linux OS and features Miracast function that enables wireless screen mirroring from any electronic devices like mobile, laptop, or tablet. It has a vivid and high-definition image quality projection with a smart and comprehensive user interface. It offers captivating images up to 210 inches of V6 HD 720p quality with a native aspect ratio of 16:9.
- It has in-built 5-watt speakers.
- It has a native resolution of 720p and supports up to 1080p.
- The LED lamps can last more than 45,000 hours.
- It has a brightness level of 3300 lumens and a contrast ratio of 2000:1.
- There might be a small delay during screen mirroring.
Be it for business, education, or residential purposes, Play Full HD LED Projector will fulfill all your projector prerequisites. This LED projector supports image resolution of up to 1080p resolution and image size of 35-120 inches. The lamp is built to last about 50,000 hours and has 3D projection support as well. With the inclusion of the built-in speaker, this projector makes for a complete package for all situations.
- It can play high definition videos directly from USB drives.
- It has a brightness level of 2700-3000 lumens.
- It has a keystone correction function that allows for a 10° manual correction.
- The display quality might not be up to the mark.
You can now carry your home theatre with you, wherever you go. This is India’s first projector that supports 8 digit LTPS LCD panel display. The projector is equipped with a native resolution of 720p featuring the latest 3300 Lux LED light source. It can support dynamic and vibrant image quality of up to 1080p at full HD. It projects much more colorful, sharper, and brighter images than most portable projectors in the market. Its built-in 30mm dual customized stereo speakers produce rich and high-quality sound owing to its 6W dual stereo speakers with SRS and Dolby support.
- It projects an image size of 60-120 inches.
- The LED has a lasting period of 20,000 hours.
- It has HDMI, AV, and USB connectivity options to pair it with your laptop, PC, TV stick, USB, and other devices.
- It allows for a keystone correction of 15°.
- It has a contrast ratio of 4000:1 and an aspect ratio of 4:3/16:9.
- It has a leather handle which makes it convenient to carry.
- You can stream high-quality music on the projector through your phone using Bluetooth connectivity.
- The image quality might not be bright enough in harsh sunlight.
Considering how many presentations your office meeting room has to go through, it needs a projector that does not give up while your presentation is in play. This projector from BenQ is an ideal choice that can handle them with ease. It has a lamp life of up to 15,000 hours and the Smart Eco mode can save lamp power consumption of up to 70%. It has a stunning image quality due to its brightness level of 3600 ANSI lumens and contrast of 15000:1 ratio.
- It has a Kensington Lock system for physical protection.
- It has HDMI for fast data transmission and dual HDMI for multi-screen setup.
- It has ergonomic retractable feet for easy setup and a vertical keystone for quick image adjustment.
- It can project an image size of 30-300 inches with a zoom ratio of 1.2x.
- It has an exclusive Infographic mode that projects texts and graphics down to every last detail.
- The audio output might not be great.
Enjoy all your movies and TV shows in a budget-friendly yet one of the most spectacular ways with this P9 projector from Punnkk. It offers excellent image quality with a native resolution of 1280×800 pixels and supports image resolution of up to 1080p full HD. With an ideal projection distance of 2-4 meters, you receive an amazing image size of 200 inches. It uses an LCD panel along with an optical projection system that has a high-powered LED light source.
- The lamp can last up to 40,000-50,000 hours.
- It offers a keystone correction of 15°.
- It has a brightness level of 3500 lumens and a contrast level of 7000:1.
- It supports 3D image format.
- It can be connected to your smartphone, laptop, tablet, and gaming devices.
- The brightness level might not be bright enough.
- You have to buy the 3D glasses separately.
It is considered a sacrilege to watch good movies on a small screen. They are meant to be watched and experienced at the maximum quality. EG Miracast 6X gives you that quality from the comfort of your home. This projector creates a beautiful 180-inch cinemascope theater with a native resolution of 720p and goes up to 1080p. The engine uses a 4-inch 720p LCD combined with 44 white LEDs to enhance the image quality with its 36 million color support.
- The brightness goes up to 2700 lumens.
- The LED lamp has a life of 30,000 hours with a dual cooling system.
- It features a Miracast function that lets you mirror your smartphones.
- It can be connected to your set-top box and Fire TV stick.
- It has YouTube pre-installed to enjoy all contents of YouTube out of the box.
- It has in-built box speakers for theatre-quality sound effects.
- It has all the necessary ports like HDMI, VGA, USB, and a 3.5 mm jack.
- The brightness and contrast might not be up to the mark.
Explore the world of large-screen home entertainment with Jimwey Portable Projector. Geared with the latest 4.0 LCD projection technology and an advanced LED light source, you receive brighter and superior image quality. It has a native resolution of 800×480 pixels and supports up to full HD 1080p. It projects high-quality images of up to 120 inches and has built-in dual speakers that offer cinematic stereo sound and deep bass without the hassle of connecting to an external speaker.
- It has a brightness level of 2500 lumens.
- It is compact and extremely lightweight making it easy to carry.
- The lamps can run up to 30,000 hours.
- The projector might heat up within a short time
So, that was our list of the 13 best projectors in India. But before buying a projector, you need to understand which projector type is the best one to suit your needs. So, here are a few pointers that should help you make the right decision.
Choosing The Right Projector Based On Your Needs
- Purpose: Before you buy a projector, you need to think of its purpose. If you want a projector for office use which is mostly for presentations and conference calls, then something like BenQ MS535P is a perfect choice. But for watching movies, TV shows, or playing video games, then something like Everycom X7 could be the one for you.
- Lamp Life: Projectors use a lamp on the inside as a light source for all projection activities and these lamps are bound to die sooner or later. But, there are brands that have lamps that are durable and offer a long lifespan.
- Portability: If you are someone who would move the projector from room to room, or even take it with you on a family trip, then the portability of the device is something to consider. There are projectors on our list that are extremely travel-friendly. Something like Canon Rayo I5 Mini Projector or WZATCO M6 would be a great choice that can fit in your pocket and even has a mini tripod included.
- Replacement For Your TV: If you are tired of having a TV, a projector can be the perfect replacement for that. If you own a Fire TV stick or any other streaming dongles, you can use it with the projector and watch all your favorite movies and TV shows on your favorite streaming apps.
When you’re ready to invest in a projector to enhance your movie-viewing experience, you must know the type of projectors available and choose as per your requirements. It is best to invest in a projector that offers good brightness and contrast, a wide range of connectivity, high resolution, and a large projection size. Also, choose one that is compatible with several devices and comes with in-built speakers. Moreover, pick one that is portable and has a long lamp life.