Protein, when consumed in the right amount, helps women gain a healthy weight. If you are underweight and need to gain weight, your healthcare provider/ dietician may recommend consuming protein powder for that extra supply of proteins.
Read on as we have compiled a list of the 11 best protein powders for women to gain weight.
11 Best Protein Powders For Women To Gain Weight
The protein powder is formulated to provide approximately 3,480 calories every day and help you get optimum nutrition. The product has been formulated to help you develop the nucleus of cells and also revitalize them. It promises you a good and healthy physique by helping you gain weight and build lean muscle mass.
- Comes in different packaging sizes
- Has a delicious chocolate flavor
- Unisex formulation
- Repairs muscles
- 100% vegetarian
- May cause lethargy
Offering 72g of complex carbohydrates in every serving, this chocolate-flavored protein powder for women is formulated to help you gain weight and refill the glycogen reserves of the body. Prevent post-workout muscle loss and enjoy quicker muscle synthesis with this protein shake that fuels the muscles with approximately 382 calories in each serving.
- Helps boost muscle recovery
- Easy-to-digest formulation
- Available in 500g, 1kg, and 3kg containers
- Doesn’t contain any added sugar
- Contains 27 minerals and vitamins
- Taste may be bland
A vegetarian formulation, this protein powder contains a high biological value of proteins. Every serving of this weight gain powder for females is rich in essential minerals and vitamins that help in muscle recovery post-workout. It also contains high activity fiber and enzymes that help improve digestion and support faster absorption of proteins and energy.
- Good taste
- Can be mixed easily using a spoon
- Comes in a sturdy container
- Available in various flavors
- Available in different packaging sizes
- Taste may not be consistent
Improve your muscle mass with this weight gainer protein powder for females. This is a healthy combination of concentrated whey protein, which is considered the most premium form of protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and fiber. Enriched with 21 minerals and vitamins, this protein powder drink mix offers 5.1 grams of proteins in each serving.
- Suitable for people with a sedentary lifestyle as well as gym goers
- Created for both men and women
- Can be combined with your favorite foods and drinks
- Easy and quick to blend
- Free of banned substances
- May cause constipation
Created for underweight women, this is a great source of protein and is effective for building muscles as well as recovering after an intense workout. This weight gainer shake for women is formulated with high-quality ingredients, making it ideal for consumption at breakfast, between your meals, before going to bed, and after your workout session.
- Does not contain any banned ingredients
- Free of gluten
- Absorbs quickly
- Rich in protein content
- Taste may be bland
Containing a blend of 514 calories, 18g fat, 78g carbohydrates, 10g proteins, and 25 minerals and vitamins, this whey protein concentrate makes one of the most effective protein shakes for women to gain weight and achieve your fitness goals.
- Easy to digest
- Rich source of protein per serving
- Boosts performance
- Helpful in muscle building and promises quick muscle recovery
- Vegetarian product
- Powder may be difficult to mix
Increase your weight in a healthy way with this protein powder for women. It offers a dose of 500 extra calories per day to help you gain weight easily. This 100% vegetarian formulation has been designed keeping in mind the special body needs of adult women and teen girls.
- Formulated as per the RDA guidelines ICMR 2010
- Helpful in gaining muscles
- Available in 13 flavors and three different packaging sizes
- Free of gluten and preservatives
- Taste may be bland
This vegetarian weight gainer protein powder for women consists of Glutamine, one of the essential biochemicals responsible for building and breaking down amino acids. This protein powder for weight gain helps improve the ability to secrete human growth hormones for better muscle growth and improved metabolism.
- Does not contain any dyes or additives
- Comes in a wide range of flavors
- Made from whey protein and casein
- GMP certified
- Free of doping substances
- May be difficult to mix
Induced with the goodness of whey protein concentrate, barley malt extract, soy protein isolate, and more, this is one of the best protein powders for women to gain weight. The high-calorie weight gain formula helps you effectively build lean muscles and improves post-workout muscle recovery.
- Contains digestive enzymes
- Can be used for making smoothies, shakes, and other recipes
- Suitable for men and women
- Easy to mix
- Free of banned substances
- Taste may not be liked by all
The weight gaining formula is enriched with digestive enzymes that make it easy for the body to absorb the formulation. Work on your muscles and body with this supplement that helps in getting over muscle fatigue after workouts.
- Recommended for men and women
- Available in five flavors
- Easy to mix
- Includes 23 vitamins and minerals and essential amino acids
- Doesn’t lead to bloating
- May not taste good with milk
For women who wish to gain weight, this weight gainer powder for women is the perfect blend of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Build lean muscles quicker with this extract of skimmed milk powder, maltodextrin, soy protein isolate, and more.
- Supports the immune system
- Enriched with lysine
- Increases appetite
- Improves stamina
- Rich source of protein
- Comes in one small packaging size only
Disclaimer: The information given in the section has been taken from the manufacturer’s sources. MomJunction is not responsible for any of the claims made here. We recommend reader discretion.
How To Choose The Right Protein Powder For Gaining Weight?
To further help you find the best protein powder for gaining weight, we have come up with a few pointers you should keep in mind:
- Consult a dietician: Always consult a dietician to know what kind of protein supply your body needs to gain the right amount of weight.
- Source of protein: Protein powders may be animal-based proteins or plant-based proteins. Animal-based proteins include whey, collagen, and casein, whereas plant-based proteins include pea protein, rice protein, and hemp protein.
- Easy to digest: It is important to opt for protein powders that are quick and easy to digest by the system.
- Free of banned substances: Choose protein powders that do not contain any banned substances.
- Muscle building: Always look for protein supplements that help build muscles if you wish to gain weight.
Jenni Hackworth, a nutritionist and RYT200, states, “If you’re looking for a supplement that can help you gain weight, consider one with vitamins, and minerals in it, and not just extra calories. You’re looking for a supplement, not a meal replacement.”
If you are a fitness enthusiast, you may need the best protein powder for women to meet your requirements, whether it’s gaining muscle or losing weight. Opt for one that is easy to blend with other foods or consider one based on its flavor. When choosing one, ensure it does not contain artificial ingredients and preservatives and make sure it is gluten-free. Furthermore, before zeroing in on a suitable choice, it is crucial you consult a doctor or a dietician to confirm if it suits your dietary needs.
Infographic: Buying Tips For Protein Powders For Women
Having an optimal weight as per age and height is important to avoid several health issues. While proper diet and exercise can help you achieve the optimal weight, if you’re underweight, protein powders can be good supplements to help you gain weight faster. Check out the infographic below for some tips on choosing the right protein powder for women.
- Best Protein Powders For Women
- Best Protein Powders For Weight Loss For Females
- Best Protein Powders For Kids
- Best Protein Powders For Pregnancy