Feet are typically the least cared for parts of our bodies. As the complex mechanisms that carry us from place to place, our feet suffer the consequences of regular exposure to dust, dirt, water, and rough terrain. Over time, our feet show the prolonged effects of this exposure by becoming rough, dry, cracked, and sometimes even forming foot corns and calluses.
To keep your feet looking good, use the best pumice stones for feet that work to exfoliate the hard outer layer of the skin and dead cells and reveal fresh and smooth feet.
Although pumice stones are used for other body parts, including the back and legs, they are especially useful for the soles of the feet. So if your feet have suffered their share of exposure to the elements, you might want to check out our list of effective pumice stones to suit your individual needs.
Types Of Pumice Stone
Pumice stones are available in the following varieties.
- Earth-formed pumice: They are of the exact origin as a volcanic formation and found nearer to the earth’s surface. The earth-formed pumice can vary in vesicles depending on their geographical locations.
- Lava pumice: These are formed deep under the earth’s surface and have a softer composition that soothes the skin easily.
- Microvesicles pumice: These stones carry small tube-like vesicles that run across one surface to another.
- Sub-spherical vesicle pumice: They are formed through high vapor pressure during volcanic eruptions and have tiny vesicles in a small area.
- Terracotta pumice stones: These are artificially designed pumices made with precision for easy exfoliation of dry and rough skin.
11 Best Pumice Stones For Feet In 2023, With A Buying Guide
1. Best For Hard Skin: Maryton Foot Pumice Stone
The expert-recommended Maryton foot pumice stone is professionally designed to remove calluses from the feet, lending the tough skin a soft and healthy touch. You can use it to exfoliate hands, elbows, cracked heels, and other rough surfaces on the body. It is quite effective and offers a spa-like exfoliating experience, thus promoting foot health.
- Double-sided with two coarseness levels
- Easy-to-follow user instructions
- Ergonomic design that easily fits in the palm
- Does not irritate the skin
- Might break down easily for some
- Sheds while using
"This foot scrubber works well. While it tends to shed some blue flakes occasionally, steady use reduces hard calluses and leads to softer feet. It's a bit rough around more sensitive areas of the feet, but overall, it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. Quite satisfied with the results and the scrubber's quality."
2. Best Professional Pedicure: Gilden Tree 2 In 1 Pumice For Feet
Made of 100% natural terracotta, the pumice foot stone can exfoliate hard skin with ease. With its two separate scrubbing surfaces, the stone can remove pesky hooks on the skin, leaving your foot feeling naturally smooth. Its patented ergonomic design makes scrubbing efficient, making it one of the best pumice stones for feet. Use this professional-grade natural exfoliant regularly on wet feet for visible results.
- Non-slip grip and easy to hold
- Does not crumble while using
- Suitable for all skin types
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Handle knob may seem small to some
- Some may not find it effective
"Despite being prone to breaking, this pumice stone has been a great purchase because of its satisfactory callus-removing ability. However, cleaning the pores can be a bit time-consuming. The handle design makes it easy to hold, and the stone keeps my feet soft, smooth, and supple."
3. Best 2-in-1 Treatment: Love, Lori Foot Scrubber Pumice Stone
The result-driven scrubbing stone gently works on uncomfortable and unsightly foot calluses, leaving your feet feeling soft and fresh. It is made synthetically and provides two-in-one foot care treatment. The other side of the scrubbing surface carries a moisturizing soap.
- Soap contains aloe, vitamin E, and shea butter
- Works great on hands and elbows as well
- Pleasing scent
- Makes a good gift
- Not tested on animals
- Might crumble
- May feel difficult to hold
"The combined soap and pumice stone is a convenient way to keep my feet smooth. Though I'm not particularly fond of the scent, the soap lathers well, and the design provides the ease of flipping it over for a quick scrub. This foot scrubber is an effective tool for maintaining foot health, and I highly recommend it."
Best For Hard Skin
Best Professional Pedicure
Best 2-in-1 Treatment
|Maryton Foot Pumice Stone||Gilden Tree 2 In 1 Pumice For Feet||Love Lori Foot Scrubber Pumice Stone|
|Material||Pumice Stone, Stone||100% Natural Terra-Cotta||Pumice Stone|
|Dimensions||5 x 2 x 4 inches||5.5 x 2.25 x 1.25 inches||2 x 4 x 2.3 inches|
|Weight||0.56 Ounces.||7.04 Ounces||4 Ounces|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Easy-To-Use: Karlash Professional Best Callus Remover Gel And Scrubber
Karlash Professional Callus Remover Gel and Scrubber set helps remove the toughest calluses. The gel acts fast on the skin and gives its users beautiful, natural-looking, and smooth heels. To use this professional-grade foot treatment combo set, soak your feet for a while, apply the gel, rub the feet slowly using the pumice rock, and wash them thoroughly.
- Great for athletes
- Easy-to-dispense bottle
- Reduces the need for frequent pedicures
- Professional-grade formula
- May not be suitable for everyday use
- May cause a slight burning sensation in non-callus areas
"Soaking my feet in the formula and using the pumice stone worked great for relieving dry skin - turning my feet smooth and supple. It is a potent solution, so use caution when handling it and follow the manufacturer's instructions for optimal results. I repeat this pampering process twice a month."
5. Best Volcanic Rock: Terra Distribution Pumice Stone
The extra-fine textured foot care product made in Japan is known for its quality and comfort. Made of 100% pure natural volcanic rock, the pumice stone comes in an ergonomic, unique round dent designed for heel exfoliation. The stone helps clear dry skin cells.
- Suitable for elbows, knees, and heels
- Eco-friendly product
- Easy to hold
- May feel rough to some
- Not recommended for face
"I've found this pumice stone effective for my heels. The texture does feel a bit rough on my elbows and knees, but it makes my feet smooth and soft. It is an eco-friendly product that I'm happy to recommend."
6. Best For Ultra-Smooth Cleaning: Healifty Pumice Stone Lava Pedicure Tool
The exfoliating stone from Healifty has bumps on the bottom to enable easy massaging of the skin. Use the pumice rock for feet to remove grease and dust from skin pores. The feet care tool is designed for ultra-smooth cleaning and comes with a hole on the top, ensuring storage convenience.
- Long handle to scrub hard-to-reach areas
- Easy maintenance
- Makes skin feel soft
- Premium-quality material
- Might break away from the handle
- Size may feel a bit small to some
"The long handle of this pumice stone is handy in the shower to reach the feet without bending over and risking accidental slips and falls. The natural pumice is porous and gently exfoliates my feet to leave my dry, rough skin feeling soft and smooth. Recommended!"
7. Best Design: Day Moon Designs Pumice Stone
Your woes of bending over during foot cleaning are now eliminated using this pumice stone with built-in suction cups. The foot scrubber and exfoliator help remove dead skin and calluses. Its suction cup design enables easy attachment to shower floors for exfoliation and offers massage while you are standing.
- Bamboo base is easy to hold
- Sticks to any surface effectively
- No wear or tear
- Time-saving product
- Suction may feel mild to some
- Might seem small to some
"I've always struggled with rough feet, and this foot scrubber eases the hassle significantly. It comes with a well-sized pumice, so I no longer have to awkwardly bend in the shower to take care of my feet. I would recommend it, especially in between your pedicure sessions."
8. Best Spa-Like Treatment: Swehome Foot File And 2-in-1 Pumice Stone
The pumice stone comes with a rasp scrubber for efficient dead cell removal from coarse and cracked heels after a deep exfoliation. Use the tried-and-tested foot filer to experience a spa-like treatment at your home. Its unique design makes it suitable for cleaning dry and wet feet. This feet exfoliator fits perfectly in the palm of your hands.
- Stainless steel foot file
- Easy to handle
- Convenient to clean
- Makes a practical gift
- Might cause injury if used aggressively
- Glitter may fall apart
"I got this product to tackle my crusty and rough feet without splurging on a costly pedicure. It scrubbed off the dead skin effectively, leaving me with smooth skin. The foot file has a sturdy stainless steel build, and the stone has two sides of varying coarseness to help tackle all areas of the foot, which I like."
9. Best Eco-Friendly Scrubber: Pumice Valley Pumice Stone Foot Scrubber
Pumice Valley exfoliating brush suits crack removal from hands, elbows, heels, and feet. The double-sided foot brush is covered with a natural pumice grit layer on one side for easy abrasive function on coarse skin. The pumice stone foot scrub keeps your feet naturally soft with its 100% eco-friendly composition.
- Easy grip handle
- Includes a hanging rope
- May not be durable
- Sandpaper might peel off when left in water for too long
"I'm impressed by the unique design and comfort of this foot file, and it's great for addressing my corn and callus issues. Its grit serves well, though I'd appreciate a coarser side to buff away tougher skin. It is easy to hold and use because of its large handle."
Moisturize well with a foot cream after you use a pumice stone to prevent calluses from forming again. Foot creams are typically thicker than regular lotions and provide intensive moisturization.
10. Best Sulfate-Free: Adore Eco-Friendly Lava Pumice Stone
The eco-friendly lava pumice stone could be a perfect solution to relax your tired feet muscles. Obtain a thoroughly relaxing experience with the complete foot cleaning convenience kit that includes a pumice rock which is 100% safe with paraben- and sulfate-free composition. It helps transform the look and feel of your feet.
- Kit includes a loofah pad and a pumice holder
- Meant for regular exfoliation
- Fits in hand ergonomically
- Might crumble easily
- May feel a bit sharp at the edges to some
"I love using this product, especially during dry winter months. I found the pumice stone somewhat delicate but effective for regular use. Paired with warm soapy water, it got my heels back to a smooth state."
11. Best For Relaxation: Pumice Valley Pumice Stone For Feet
The pumice stone for feet is an effective foot hygiene tool that enables deep cleansing and rejuvenation of the heels, elbows, and hands. It has a 100% hygienic composition that prevents the multiplication of microbes. The stone’s trace elements enable skin massage for improved blood flow.
- Lasts for a long time
- Promotes healing and relaxation
- Ergonomic palm holder for a comfortable grip
- Gives a gentle feel while scrubbing
- Stone may pop out of the holder at times
- May seem small in size to some
"This pumice stone is efficient for smoothing rough patches on my feet. Moreover, its unique handle makes it easy to use. The coarseness is optimal for taking care of hard calluses on the feet. Although the stone popped out once, it is a quality product overall."
How To Choose The Right Pumice Stone For Feet?
Here are some features to consider while buying a pumice stone for feet.
- Size of the pore: Pumice exfoliators come in different pore sizes and varying exfoliating efficiencies. Different pore sizes mean harsh or soft removal of dead skin from the heels–like the different sandpaper grits.
- Type of pumice: This refers to the material the pumice is composed of. You can choose among natural rocks, terracotta, and artificial pumice exfoliators depending upon the condition of your feet.
- Handle inclusion: The ease of use among pumice rocks is marked by the handle attachment that comes with these products. Some pumice rocks have suction cups that reduce the handling efforts required during exfoliation.
- Other features: Some pumice stones come with additional features such as scrubbing surfaces and moisturizing soaps to enhance their functionality.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag specializes in beauty, fashion, skincare, and haircare. In this article, she recommends some of the best pumice stones for feet that can help you achieve supple and soft skin. After researching extensively, Poulami has ensured her article describes each recommended product in detail and contains a buying guide that points out the important factors to consider when buying this product. She also answers some of your frequently asked questions to help you stay updated.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long do pumice stones last?
The durability of pumice stones may vary depending on their composition, usage, etc. Pumice rocks can generally last for two to four years with proper washes in between uses. However, for sanitary purposes, it is advisable to get a new pumice stone every one to three months, as they pick up bacteria from the skin and can multiply.
Shawnda Dorantes MSN, APRN, FNP-C, a California-based beauty nurse practitioner says, “Remember to wash your pumice stone with antibacterial soap after each and every use. This step is absolutely vital! You should also get a new one every few weeks or boil your pumice stone for at least five minutes every few weeks to ensure more bacteria doesn’t grow and lead to a skin infection.”
2. Should I use a pumice stone on wet or dry feet?
It is advisable to use pumice stone on wet feet for a smoother cleaning and exfoliating experience. Soaking the feet a few minutes before use can help remove dead cells quickly. Some pumice stones enable cleansing on both dry and wet skin.
3. Can you use a pumice stone daily?
You can use pumice stone daily and in your everyday cleaning routine. Make sure to moisturize your feet after using the stone and pat the skin dry so you don’t irritate the newly exfoliated skin.
4. How do I use a pumice stone?
It is quite easy to use a pumice stone. Here are a few steps for using it.
- Soak your foot in a solution of mild cleanser and warm water for at least five minutes.
- Scrub off all the dry and dead skin using the pumice stone in circular or sideway motions around your foot.
- After you’re satisfied with the scrubbing, wash your feet with regular water.
- Apply a moisturizer or vaseline to nourish the newly soft skin.
With the best pumice stone in your bathroom, you can get clean, smooth feet with minimal effort. These handy devices feature a textured surface that exfoliates and removes dead skin cells while revealing soft, refreshed new skin. When choosing a pumice stone, evaluate the various types, such as natural rocks, terracotta, and artificial pumice, and choose one according to your needs. Also, pick one with an easy-to-hold, ergonomic handle for convenience, and consider the pore size based on your needs. We recommend the Gilden Tree 2-In-1 Pumice For Feet for its non-slip grip; the Maryton Foot Pumice Stone, which is double-sided with two coarseness levels; and the Love, Lori Foot Scrubber Pumice Stone has a moisturizing soap attached for a comprehensive treatment.
Infographic: How To Clean A Pumice Stone?
Pumice stones are widely utilized for exfoliating and smoothing rough skin. However, ensuring proper cleaning of pumice stones is vital to maintain their effectiveness, prevent bacterial accumulation, and guarantee hygienic use for achieving soft and beautiful feet. Explore the infographic below to learn the necessary practices to keep your pumice stone pristine.