If you want to develop your child’s social and mental skills, we have created a list of the best puzzles for 10-year-olds to help you choose. Puzzles can help exercise your child’s brain and keep them engaged for hours. Solving puzzles can benefit your child in many ways, including improving their motor skills, concentration, problem-solving skills, and hand-eye coordination. These puzzles are also great for family game nights. So, take a look at our list of options in various themes and features and choose accordingly.
We’ve compiled a list of the best puzzles for 10-year-olds to help you choose.
10 Best Puzzles For 10-Year-Olds
The 100-piece puzzle set features life-like images of 20 shark species, with their names printed on recycled paper. These kids’ puzzle pieces are safe for children, as non-toxic, expert-approved vegetable-based inks have been used for the print. They are made from durable, recycled boards and are easy to fit. This jigsaw puzzle is suitable for children aged six to 15 years.
- Available in nine sizes
- Aids in picture recognition
- Can help teach children about sharks
- Promotes individual and cooperative play
- Certified by Forest Stewardship Council
- Pieces may not stick together easily
- Pieces may be smaller than expected
Kazoku offers dual benefits of coloring and puzzles with its 3D coloring puzzle set. This 3D puzzle kit includes butterfly-, elephant-, goose-, and horse-themed puzzles and 12 coloring markers. The coloring and assembling activities offer many benefits, such as helping to improve children’s concentration, promoting creativity, stimulating hand-eye coordination, motor skills, and more.
- Helps in better color awareness
- Puzzles for kids aged seven years and above
- Available in two sizes
- Can help in relaxation therapy
- May require adult supervision while playing
- Some may find the paper to be slick
Foldology’s origami puzzle game for preteens can be an effective way to calm, challenge, and engage their brain. It includes 100 puzzles printed on high-quality eucalyptus-fiber paper. The difficulty level gradually increases as you go through the puzzles, making it an exciting and challenging puzzle for kids. This 5×5-inch brain teaser provides 50+ hours of entertainment and helps enhance critical thinking, logical reasoning, and visual-spatial abilities. This product testing and review video can help you make an informed decision about these puzzles for kids.
- Lightweight and travel-friendly
- Compact and easy-to-store puzzle game
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination
- No origami experience required
- Puzzles may not be printed evenly
- May be smaller than expected
Ravensburger’s 200-piece kid’s puzzle features a vividly colored picture of planets revolving around the sun with space stations nearby. This jigsaw puzzle for 10-year-olds, made from extra-thick cardboard and high-grade linen paper, offers a durable and glare-free puzzle image. The precise cutting provides a unique shape to each puzzle piece and ensures an accurate fit. This solar system puzzle lets children aged eight to 15 enjoy, learn, and develop their cognitive skills.
- Does not create puzzle dust
- Improves shape recognition skills
- Children can learn about the solar system
- Can be played as a group or solo
- Suitable for gifting for any occasion
- May not be easy to maintain multiple pieces
- May take more time than expected to assemble
The engaging and visually appealing world map puzzle highlights the continents and the national treasures in each location. The safety-tested set includes 75 uniquely shaped puzzle pieces that are easy to assemble and fit together accurately. This educational puzzle can develop the younger generation’s geographic awareness, imagination, and memorization skills. The ASTM F963- and CPSIA-compliant puzzle is safe for children aged five years and above.
- Puzzle is reassembled multiple times
- Made up of sturdy and long-lasting two-mm chipboard
- Gloss-polished and colorful puzzle
- Easy-to-store puzzle game
- Some pieces may not lock together
- Pieces may not lay flat
6. Best Educational:Quokka 300 Piece Puzzle
This puzzle for kids by Quokka includes 300 jigsaw pieces that can be assembled to create an image of outer space, a world map, or the US map. This brain-stimulating, educational puzzle for 10-year-olds enhances your child’s knowledge about outer space, planets, countries, flags, animals, mountains, water bodies, and more. The completed puzzles measure 60 x 40 inches, and the set comes complete with reference images, making it a fun family night activity.
- Educational puzzles with vibrant colors
- Smooth rounded edges
- Encourages creativity among children
- Enhances problem-solving skills and logical thinking
- Made of non-toxic materials
- Assembly may be challenging for some
- Some pieces might crease over time
The animal-shaped jigsaw puzzle made from high-quality, non-toxic, recycled cardboard material is safe for the environment and children aged four and above. The 200-piece elephant puzzle is composed of brightly colored and detailed forest animals and plants. Suitable as a decorative piece, Deelife’s elephant puzzle helps children focus, improves patience, and helps recognize different colors and shapes.
- Pieces have a smooth surface
- Non-toxic and eco-friendly finish
- Can be used as a family activity
- Also available in a dinosaur variant
- Suitable for children aged eight years and up
- Pieces may be smaller than expected
- May be a complex puzzle for some children
8. Best Unicorn Themed: Quokka Unicorn Puzzle
Add some magic to your children’s playtime with the unicorn-themed jigsaw puzzle set by Quokka. The set includes three puzzles for kids with 100 pieces each and with detailed pictures of a unicorn, princesses, and animals. Its big pieces offer a good grip and have soft and smooth edges, ensuring safe and easy handling by children. Each jigsaw puzzle in the set measures 26 x 20 inches and is an age-appropriate puzzle for four to ten years old children.
- Colorful images to spur imagination
- Puzzle game with intricate details
- Encourages problem-solving and logical thinking skills
- Enhances social and interpersonal skills
- Made of superior quality thick cardboard
- Some pieces may not fit evenly
The 100-piece jigsaw puzzle set is made of premium-quality blue board and soy-based inks to ace the test of safety and durability. After putting the puzzle pieces together, the children will see a colorful picture of 13 unicorns. It has ten hidden messages and positive affirmations, which the children can read using the unicorn decoder mask. The puzzle set helps spur creativity in children aged five and above and helps develop their concentration, fine motor ability, hand-eye coordination, problem-solving, and visual observation skills.
- Comes with storytelling opportunities
- Available in three versions
- Made from 70% recycled paper
- Made from chip-resistant wood
- Assembling the pieces may not be challenging enough for some children
- Some may find the colors dull
Yeitiady’s three-in-one set includes a numbered slide, a Russian building game, and a jigsaw puzzle made for children aged three years and above. It is safe for children as it uses natural, non-toxic, sanded basswood and eco-friendly, tasteless ABS plastic. The wooden puzzle set comes with a drawstring bag, including 40 pieces with eight attractive colors and shapes. This brain teaser for 10-year-olds helps improve children’s hand-eye coordination, concentration, color and shape recognition, problem-solving, and balancing skills.
- Serves as a STEM learning tool
- Wooden blocks or pieces made from fade-resistant colors
- Comes with an assembly guide
- 3D puzzle game suitable for adults as well
- Pieces may not slide smoothly
- Small parts may lead to choking hazards
How To Choose The Right Puzzles For Ten-Year-Olds?
Here are a few factors you should consider when buying puzzles for ten-year-olds
- Types of puzzles: There are two main types of puzzles: inset and jigsaw. Jigsaws contain 3D and floor puzzles, ideal for children aged seven or above; whereas, inset puzzles are for younger children.
- Number of pieces: While fewer pieces mean easy assembly, multiple pieces mean complexity. Choose a puzzle according to your child’s abilities and interests and one that can aid their development.
- Themes: If the puzzle is based on a topic your child prefers, they will be excited and interested in solving it. So, choose a theme that can delight and inspire your child.
- Size and shape: Ensure the puzzle pieces are not too small to cause a choking hazard. While small pieces are ideal for older children, choose bigger pieces for younger children for easier solving. Puzzles with interesting shapes can be challenging, whereas the rectangular or square ones are suitable for all.
- Material: Choose puzzles made of cardboard, foam, and wood. While cardboard puzzles are the ideal choice for ten-year-olds, you may want to choose high-quality ones that can withstand rough play and the test of time. Foam and wooden puzzles are easier to interlock and may not be suitable for this age group.
- Age: Ensure you buy a safety-tested set suitable for your child’s age to help them learn the necessary skills with the right level of complexity.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our experienced writers and reviewers bring you this list of the best puzzles for 10-year-olds after doing in-depth research and understanding children’s interests and developmental requirements. Furthermore, we have included the detailed features of each puzzle and added a buying guide mentioning the important factors one should consider when choosing the right puzzle for children. We have also considered user reviews and feedback to offer you an unbiased opinion.
Your 10-year-old child can immensely benefit from puzzles in different ways. Puzzle sets promote thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills in children. Puzzles are available in countless themes, giving various alternatives to suit every child’s preference. When you buy a puzzle set based on your child’s interest, they will be motivated to get to the end of solving the puzzle and revealing the image. Make sure the puzzles are made from durable and thick material so that they last long.
Infographic: How To Solve A Jigsaw Puzzle?
Now that you are up-to-date with the best and most appropriate jigsaw puzzles available for ten-year-olds, let’s explore some tips and tricks to make the puzzle-solving experience more satisfying and thrilling. Here’s an infographic to help you solve puzzles successfully.