A raincoat s a must-have accessory for everyone, including kids, who love playing in the rain and splashing in the puddles. It is essential that you choose comfortable and appealing rain gear that would keep them dry and safe during rains. Raincoats are available in a variety of materials, designs, and colors, and models with zippers and snap-on buttons. If you want your child to wear the raincoat even when you are not around, you need to get them one that is easy to put on and take off.
Here, MomJunction list some of the best raincoats for kids that you can buy, considering your child’s comfort and safety.
15 Best Raincoats For Kids
The Hiheart waterproof hooded jacket for boys and girls has a classic style and offers full-cover protection to the child. The outer shell is 100% polyester, while the inner layer is of soft cotton material, making it a comfortable wear. It is suitable to wear during spring, winter, and autumn.
- Zipper and Velcro tabs for double protection
- Sweat-absorbent and water-resistant
- Non-detachable hood, and soft ribbed cuffs
- Suitable for outdoor activities on a rainy day
- Available in seven different colors
This professionally designed jacket combines a range of fashion elements and colors. The unisex jacket’s outer lining is made of 100% polyester material, and the inner lining is 100% fleece. It can be used as a windbreaker and also doubles as a raincoat.
- Lightweight and could be used as jacket and raincoat
- Detachable hood offering dual purpose
- Round pockets with fluorescent strips for added safety during nights
- Adjustable zipper and Velcro
- Suitable for spring, fall, and winter
- Available in five different sizes
The easy-on and easy-off boys’ raincoat from Western Chief is available in unique designs inspired by popular characters such as batman, Fritz the frog, and US firemen. The waterproof outer shell is 100% nylon, while the inner lining is a blend of 65% polyester and 35% cotton.
- Snap closure
- Easy clean that requires only hand wash
- Soft inner lining offers comfort and warmth
- Comes in fun prints
- Available in six different sizes
Splashy raingear is made with a lightweight, tightknit, and waterproof Nylon fabric that is PU treated. This rain jacket is suitable for cold, rainy, and muddy conditions. It offers comfort and warmth to the kids to go around in wet weather.
- Lightweight and could be paired with warm clothing
- Zipper closure for easy wear and removal
- Waterproof material that resists rains
- Reflective trim for the child’s safety
- Taped seams and air vents
- Available in seven different colors
Your child would love to have this 3D dinosaur-themed hooded raincoat that offers protection from the rain. Made of waterproof polyester fabric, this unisex jacket could be a good choice for outdoor play, running, camping, and travel. It is suitable for children aged from three to ten years.
- Clear hood edge and concealed zipper for comfort
- Comes with portable storage bag
- Lightweight and portable
- Available in two solid colors including thick red and yellow
- Comes with a warranty for a full refund or replacement
The M2C jacket and windbreaker comes with a blend of cotton and polyester inner lining for comfort and warmth. It could also be ideal as casual wear and is available in a variety of solid colors. The outer shell is smooth, light in texture, and wear-resistant.
- Zipper closure for easy wear and removal
- Non-detachable hood, and two pockets with flap
- Elastic ribbed cuffs to lockout both air and moisture
- Sweat-absorbent to keep the child dry
- Velcro pockets for easy access
If your girl loves fanciful stuff, this unicorn rainbow print jacket could be one of the best raincoats for her. Carter’s rain jacket would allow her to walk and play in puddles without the worry of getting drenched. It is made of 100% polyester fabric, which is durable.
- Zipper closure with a fold-over flap
- Two secure snap pockets
- A full hood that pulls over easily
- Lightweight, and suitable for milder climates
The YouChangBest clear rain poncho jacket is translucent with black edge lining made of eco-friendly and waterproof EVA material. It is suitable for both boys and girls aged from one to 15 years. Available in five different sizes from small to double extra-large.
- Lightweight and reusable coat
- Rainproof and windproof
- Offers extra safety and keeps your child dry
- Suitable for camping, hiking, theme parks, and other outdoor plays
Waterproofed like a raincoat, this can also be used as a jacket. The outer lining is made of 100% polyester with PU coating, the body and hood lining is 100% cotton, sleeve lining is 100% polyester, and padding is 100% polyester. It is available in five solid colors of navy, khaki, yellow, white, and pink.
- Waterproof rubberized fabric keeps it firm
- Cotton jersey body and hood gives comfort and warmth
- Snap buttons with center front placket
- YKK Vislon zipper
- Non-detachable hood and an elastic cuff that keeps them warm
HLKZONE offers safe and eco-friendly translucent rain gear that is made of 100% high-grade EVA material. This is an odorless, non-toxic, and breathable rain jacket completely safe and comfortable for your child. It is suitable for various outdoor activities, theme parks, sports, walking, hiking, water sports, and more.
- Tear-resistant, wrinkle-resistant and reusable
- Snap button closure, elastic cuffs, and drawstring hood
- Foldable and easy to carry in a backpack
- Lightweight and over-knee coverage
- Available in colors of sky blue, snow white, and rose pink
An all-season rain jacket featuring Nylon shell, this one is super-light, smooth, and stays firm even in the heavy downpour. Available in a range of bright colors, this Columbia Youth rain jacket comes in three different sizes. It is ideal for everyday use that keeps the child dry and secure.
- Full-length zipper
- Outer lining made of 100% nylon and 100% polyester inner lining
- Elastic cuffs and a drop tail
- Protective hood that keeps the head warm and dry
The OAKI rain jacket for toddlers and kids offers comfort and warmth in both cold and rainy conditions. This fleece jacket with a silky polyester inner lining gives protection from light rains to heavy storms.
- Weatherproof zipper and elastic wrist cuffs
- Extended hood that reaches two inches over the face for extra protection
- Zippered side pockets
- Available in 11 different solid colors
Another 3D cartoon poncho jacket with animal-style hood, this is a raincoat that your child would love. It comes with a storage bag that makes it easy-to-carry in their backpack. The reflection strips are an added benefit for kids’ safety during rainy nights. It is suitable for children aged two to six years.
- Polyester solid fabric is high-corrosion resistant and eco-friendly
- Waterproof material with fully-taped seams
- Big clear brim that prevents water flow over the face
- Double enclosure of zipper and buttons
- Gentle cycle wash and dry cleaning recommended
Spotted Zebra is an Amazon clothing brand that offers personalized outfits with bright colors and fun prints. Your child would love to have its raincoat that is available in two different variations of camouflage and yellow/navy color blocks.
- Made of 100% polyester
- Water-resistant is suitable for winter, spring, and rainy seasons
- Zipper and snap button placket
- Functional hood and two waist pockets
Available in a mix of colors and layouts, this is a full-cover poncho that is ideal for a heavy downpour. It is made of breathable and eco-friendly nylon fabric material with a water-resistant feature. It comes in sizes from small to double extra-large, and colors of blue, red, and yellow.
- Reflective strips on brim and back for safety during nights
- Button closure
- Fully open hem for convenient cycling and walking
- Can be folded and carried in a pouch
- Reusable and washable by hand
How To Buy The Right Raincoat For Children?
The primary features to consider while buying a raincoat would be your location and the weather in your region. Some of the qualities you should check are as follows.
- Durability: Go for the rain gear made of thicker and stronger fabrics. They should have a waterproof exterior and warm interior. One best thing would be to read the reviews to find its durability.
- Size: Look at the size chart that shows you the length and width along with the shoulder and waist length. Sometimes, they may not be accurate. In that case, checking the reviews might help. Also, consider buying one size extra so that it may not go in vain.
- Windproof: Check if it is windproof and does not allow wind to come through and go for the one with multiple layers.
- Reflective: This feature of raincoat would work well in low visibility areas and during the darker hours.
- Breathability: Pay attention to the breathability feature as they would keep your child comfortable in mild temperatures too.
Take a look at the list of the best raincoats and the buying guide to suitable rain gear for your children. Protecting them during the rains prevents the risk of cold and other problems that arise when they are overexposed to cold and wet weather. For better results, compare the features, read the reviews, and set a budget beforehand so that you may opt for the suitable one.