Using the bathroom can become challenging and quite embarrassing for people with limited flexibility. A raised toilet seat equipped with an added height can make a great different between sitting and standing, providing relief and comfort to people with limited mobility. Check from this list of the best-raised toilet seats that can make everyday routine hassle-free for your aging parents.
Top Products From Our List
Types Of Toilet Seat Risers
Here are different raised toilet seats to choose the suitable one for your needs.
1. Raised seat with arms: This model is equipped with a sturdy frame and is suitable for people suffering from balance issues and minimal body strength. The frame height is adjustable and provides safety against falls and slips.
2. Padded raised toilet seat: Constructed using soft padded foam and covered with vinyl, this toilet seat provides relief from pressure sores.
3. Contoured raised toilet seat: It is suitable for people suffering from hip issues and diminished lower strength. They help in providing relief to the legs, knees, and hips.
10 Best Raised Toilet Seats
The lightweight and easy-to-clean toilet seat is a well-designed model equipped with five-inch heavy-duty molded plastic. The raised toilet seat with arms provides enhanced safety to individuals suffering from mobility issues. You can easily add or remove the metal arms based on your need. It easily fits all standard toilets.
The universal toilet seat riser from Carex adds five inches of adjustable height to the most elongated toilet seats. Equipped with anti-slip pads at the bottom, the riser is easy to fit on top of the ceramic bowl. It requires no installation and provides a wide area for sitting comfortably. The ten-inch-wide toilet seat is ideal for the disabled, elderly, surgery patients, abled, etc. It is slip-resistant and easily portable from one bathroom to another.
The slip-resistant handicap toilet seat from HealthSmart is an easy-to-install device that fits most standard toilets. It is a portable tool that adds five-inch height to the toilet seat and is sturdy enough to support 250 pounds. The four pads conveniently adhere to the toilet seat. Made of molded unbreakable polyethylene, the toilet seat is easy to sit and stand.
The AquaSense Portable raised toilet seat is a lightweight tool that elevates the seat by four-inch and fits well with any standard bowl. Constructed with premium-quality and easy-to-clean polyethylene, the toilet seat makes sitting and standing off the toilet more comfortable. The product does not require any installation and comes with a lifetime warranty against all defects.
The ergonomic design toilet riser provides a four-inch extended height to your toilet seat and makes it easier for people with limited mobility. Equipped with an anti-slip surface, a locking mechanism, and push pins, the tool is safe and fits well with any standard bowl. The removable handrail handles provide a comfortable grip, and the seamless edges enhance the security. It is made of high-quality molded plastic and is durable.
Constructed using lightweight plastic and featuring a gentle front downward slope, the raised toilet seat makes it convenient to get on and off the toilet seat. The seat features two L-shaped adjustable molded plastic brackets that can be easily locked and fit well with the most standard-size toilets. The toilet seat can support up to 420 pounds and is super easy to clean.
The premium-quality hinged toilet seat for the elderly adds 3.5-inch height to a standard toilet seat, making it comfortable to sit and stand. It adds to the safety of the disabled and elderly and requires no tool for installation. The seat features an interior bottom lip that protects against the risk of slipping. It can lift to a full 90° and provides reliable support to people weighing up to 350 pounds.
The multifunctional toilet seat riser is made of aluminum and polyurethane foam, making it comfortable and long-lasting. Its super-soft padded seat provides added safety against falls and slips to the elderly and impaired. The toilet seat features a flexible height adjustable to fit your needs. It has powerful armrests that make it easier for users to sit and stand without discomfort.
The PCP elevated toilet seat riser cushion is an easy to install, lightweight tool that provides enhanced safety and reliability to those suffering from reduced lower strength and painful pressure sores. It features velcro fastening straps that are easy to attach and remove from both round and elongated toilet seats. The toilet seat is made using premium-quality medical-grade materials that adhere to the hospital standards.
Equipped with a wide contoured surface, the elevated toilet seat riser from Medline provides a five-inch height raise to any standard toilet. It is easy to install and uses a front clamping mechanism to secure the seat onto any elongated or round toilet. The toilet seat features Microban antimicrobial technology that provides built-in protection against pungent odor and stains from mold and bacteria.
Features To Consider When Buying A Raised Toilet Seat
Here are some factors to consider to choose the right raised toilet seat.
1. Height elevation: It is essential to make the correct height measurement before selecting the final model. Choose a product that provides a level alignment to your hips and knees while keeping your feet firm on the ground.
2. Material: Toilet seats are made of plastic or vinyl. If you look for a seat to get relief from pressure sores, opt for a comfortable and padded vinyl seat.
3. Installation: Look for a raised toilet seat that is easy to install and remove. A lightweight toilet seat is easy to install without any additional tools.
4. Weight capacity: Buy a toilet seat that is compatible with your weight and provides you with support and enhanced safety.
5. Locking mechanism: A toilet raiser with a locking mechanism will ensure stability and won’t let the seat slide. Buy a toilet seat with a locking mechanism for the elderly and impaired.
A raised toilet seat is an effective tool that helps the elderly, impaired, and people with limited mobility. It helps them cope with the issues of restricted movement and eliminates the need to seek assistance. The seat also enhances the safety and reliability of the users. Choose from any one of these best-raised toilet seats for comfort and flexibility while using the washroom.