Ramen bowls give you authentic Asian dining experience. These multi-purpose bowls can be used for eating udon, soba, soups, noodle dishes, fried rice, dumplings, and Thai curries. Considering their versatility, investing in a good quality ramen bowl is worth every penny.
Here we are with some of the best ramen bowls that let you serve and relish tasty noodles as they should be. But first, let’s explore a bit more about the options you have.
Types Of Ramen Bowls
Some of the ramen bowls you find in the market include:
- Tayoudon: This is a multi-purpose bowl, generally used in restaurants, for udon, soup, soba, and ramen. It is shaped to be suitable even for rice dishes and instant noodles.
- Hira Tayoudon: This is a flatter version of the Tayoudon bowl and can be used to serve a large quantity of noodles.
- Koudaidon: A classy high-footed bowl characterized by a tall bottom. This avoids getting your hands burned, and the lip of the noodle bowl is bent backward to allow you to have noodles, soup, and toppings easily.
- Marukoudaidon: This is the rounded version of the Koudaidon bowl with an extra rim on the mouth. It is commonly used to serve fried rice or instant noodles. This bowl is easy to grab without burning your fingers.
- Tamadon: This is a ball-shaped bowl with a round and thick rim. The thickness of the edge/rim of the bowl makes it hard for it to get chipped. Tamadon is used for noodles that come with several toppings.
- Menbachi: The meaning of Menbachi is “noodle bowl,” and its shape is deeper and bigger than other bowls. The mouth of the bowl is wide, thus making it best for serving noodle soup.
- Ohgigatadon: A fan-shaped bowl with straight and steep sides. The steep-angle of the bowl makes it ideal for everyday use in the kitchen, as they are easy to stack and hold, and do not consume much storage space.
The type of ramen bowl you choose must depend on the meals you wish to consume in them and where you want to use them – home or restaurant. Read on for a list featuring the best ramen bowls for noodles, salads, or soups.
11 Best Ramen Bowls
These stunning porcelain ramen noodles bowls are designed for serving authentic Asian foods. The bowls come with a pair of chopsticks and a spoon. Their unique shape prevents the spoon from falling into your soup. They also have holes on either side to hold the chopsticks. These slots also help easily carry your hot noodles or soup from the kitchen to the dining table.
The porcelain bowls are lightweight, strong, durable, lead-free, and non-toxic. You can use them to eat oatmeal, cereal, pho, and other foods, too. A bonus is that they are microwave and dishwasher-safe. You can gift this set to your loved ones as they come with a one-year warranty. The bowl measures 6.5x 5x 4.5” and has a capacity of 20oz.
This elegant and traditional ramen bowl set has two Japanese style bowls, two ladles, and a pair of chopsticks for each bowl. You can have udon, pho, soups, and noodles in this large bowl with a capacity of 37oz. The bowl is made of food-grade melamine, which is extra durable.
Melamine is also lighter, which makes carrying food a lot easier in this bowl. The bowl, ladle, and chopsticks are all dishwasher-safe. The bowl has a chopstick holder, where you can put your chopsticks when not in use. A perfect gift for your friends, co-workers, or family, this bowl set comes with a no-risk, 100% money-back guarantee.
This stylish Vallenwood bowl set has 16 pieces that will take your dining experience to the next level. These are strong restaurant-grade melamine bowls built with fine craftsmanship to last longer. The noodle bowls are microwave and dishwasher-safe and come with spoons, chopsticks, and chopstick stands.
The bowl can hold a large portion of food and keep it hot until the last bite. The Japanese ramen bowls weigh 10oz., measure 4 x 7.5 inches, and have a capacity of 32oz. They come with a manufacturer buyback policy if the customer is not satisfied.
Ceramic Japanese noodle bowls are conventional and usually handcrafted with thick material, which is durable and restaurant-grade. These everyday ramen bowls can hold 60oz. of fluid, preventing the spillage of soup and ensuring the toppings sit perfectly.
Each set comes with spoons and chopsticks that can enhance your dining experience. The bowls measure 9 x 9 x 3 /78″ and have a capacity is 57oz. The dishwasher-friendly bowls have a classic shape with a slightly bigger body and longer foot that give it a stylish look.
These blue and white patterned Yalong noodle bowls are made of porcelain. Each bowl is wear-resistant, scratch-resistant, and durable enough for everyday use. They are also dishwasher and microwave-safe.
These 40oz. large salad bowls measure 8” in diameter, have a flat bottom, and are deep enough to keep the food from spilling. You can stack them easily in your kitchen as they don’t occupy much space. They are lead-free and food-safe, too. The manufacturer also offers a free replacement if the bowls break.
These are authentic Japanese ceramic bowls that come with a spoon and chopsticks. The bowl has a red-colored interior and black outer finish with the word ‘Ramen’ printed in red. Each bowl comes with a red spoon and sleek black chopsticks with a bronze band. The premium ceramic keeps the food hot for a long and is made of non-porous material.
The set includes a pair of ceramic chopsticks and an old fashioned Japanese spoon or a “chirirenge,” which is specially designed for easy access to the rich ramen broth. It can hold up to 17.5oz and measures 18 x 9 x 7”. These bowls are deeper and wider, so the soup does not slosh around.
These are vibrant ceramic bowls that come in bright blue and white patterns both inside and outside. The unique craftsmanship enhances your everyday dining experience, as the deep bowls prevent sloshing of the soup. The bowls can be put in your dishwasher and used in the microwave.
They are made of sturdy ceramic material and have a 24oz. of capacity with the dimensions of 6 x 6 x 3”. They are easy to use and stack nicely on your kitchen shelf. The outside pattern provides an excellent grip. You get a lifetime warranty and a free replacement or refund for any defective or damaged bowls.
The ramen soup bowls are deep and wide, which makes stirring easy. The bowls are also space-saving, as they have a flat bottom that lets them stand firmly on the kitchen cabinet. They are a combination of both classic and modern design and are slightly cone-shaped.
The classy white bowl measures 7 x 7 x 2.7” with 32oz. capacity. You can use them in a microwave, dishwasher, or even a refrigerator to store food. They come in a set of four pieces and are packaged delicately.
A stunning bowl set made of high-grade porcelain, the NJ Charms soup and ramen bowls are free of lead and cadmium, and refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher-safe. The high-grade porcelain makes them long-lasting as it blocks moisture absorption, thus preventing rippling and cracking of the bowl. NJ charms instant noodle bowls are versatile and multi-purpose, suitable for serving bread, tortillas, and rice salads, too.
The bowl measures 7.99 x 7.99 x 3.3” and has a capacity of 60oz. You get a set of three bowls that are easy to stack and don’t occupy much space. You get a no-risk, no-reason replacement or refund if not satisfied with the product.
The bowl features a graphic of a Pusheen, a cartoon character, enjoying some delicious noodles. There are even notches on the top of the bowl to hold your chopsticks. The durable noodle soup bowl is made by fine craftsmen and comes packaged in a gift box.
The pink bowls measure 5 x 5 x 4” and are adequately sized to serve hot noodles with yummy toppings. Made of high-quality stoneware, the bowls are non-toxic and lead-free.
Dowan manufactures some of the best ramen bowls as it is famous for its exquisite design. These are high-quality porcelain bowls with an authentic Asian touch. The handle of the long spoon is carefully designed to not slip into the soup; the slots for the chopsticks of the bowl are also convenient for moving the ramen bowl.
The dimensions are 6.5 x 6.5 x 2.5” and have 20oz. capacity. They are elegant and lead-free, with premium porcelain for safer use. These bowls and chopsticks are easy to clean as they are dishwasher and microwave-safe. The bowls come with a 90-day warranty and money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
How To Choose The Right Ramen Bowls?
The following are a few key factors to consider while shopping for ramen bowls.
- Type of bowl: Check the weight, shape, and curvatures of the ramen bowl and pick one based on what you will use it for.
- Bowl with proper proportions: According to the Japanese culture, there is a specific ratio between the bowl and the food in it. The ramen dishes have four main divisions, like the broth, noodles, sauce, and the toppings. So, a bowl must accommodate all of these. Usually, the noodles, toppings, the soup, and the broth should fill around 75% of the bowl, while the other quarter should be empty.
- Material used: Asian ramen bowls are generally made of ceramic. Ramen bowls are also made from plastic or melamine. However, ceramic bowls are considered more durable and sturdier. They even keep the instant noodles warm for a longer period.
- Perfect Size: You can choose a bowl measuring from about 18oz. up to 60oz. If you eat smaller portions, then you can opt for a smaller one. However, if you go by the Japanese tradition, it’s good to invest in a larger one to enjoy all the four components of ramen.
Shopping for the best ramen bowls can be daunting, as there are so many different patterns and designs. We hope that this guide will make this process a bit easier. Once you find the best one, you can relish every bite of those hot and steamy ramen noodles.