For an authentic Asian dining experience, bring home the best Ramen bowls. These are multi-purpose and versatile bowls that can be used to eat noodles, dumplings, soups, udon, Thai curries, soba, fried rice, among others.
Read this post as we list the best Ramen bowls available online so that you can serve and enjoy delicious Asian food at home. We also tell you about the different types of ramen bowls and give you a few tips on choosing the right bowl.
Types Of Ramen Bowls
Some of the ramen bowls you find in the market include:
- Tayoudon: This is a multi-purpose bowl, generally used in restaurants, for udon, soup, soba, and ramen. It is shaped to be suitable even for rice dishes and instant noodles.
- Hira Tayoudon: This is a flatter version of the Tayoudon bowl and can be used to serve a large quantity of noodles.
- Koudaidon: A classy high-footed bowl characterized by a tall bottom. This avoids getting your hands burned, and the lip of the noodle bowl is bent backward to allow you to have noodles, soup, and toppings easily.
- Marukoudaidon: This is the rounded version of the Koudaidon bowl with an extra rim on the mouth. It is commonly used to serve fried rice or instant noodles. This bowl is easy to grab without burning your fingers.
- Tamadon: This is a ball-shaped bowl with a round and thick rim. The thickness of the edge/rim of the bowl makes it hard for it to get chipped. Tamadon is used for noodles that come with several toppings.
- Menbachi: The meaning of Menbachi is “noodle bowl,” and its shape is deeper and bigger than other bowls. The mouth of the bowl is wide, thus making it best for serving noodle soup.
- Ohgigatadon: A fan-shaped bowl with straight and steep sides. The steep-angle of the bowl makes it ideal for everyday use in the kitchen, as they are easy to stack and hold, and do not consume much storage space.
The type of ramen bowl you choose must depend on the meals you wish to consume in them and where you want to use them – home or restaurant. Read on for a list featuring the best ramen bowls for noodles, salads, or soups.
11 Best Ramen Bowls
1. Best Dishwasher-Friendly: Tasse Verre Porcelain Ramen Noodle Soup Bowl
The stunning porcelain ramen noodles bowls are designed for serving authentic Asian foods. They also have holes on either side to hold the chopsticks. You can use them to eat oatmeal, cereal, pho, and other foods, too. A bonus is that they are microwave and dishwasher-safe. You can gift this set to your loved ones as they come with a one-year warranty. The bowl measures 6.5x 5x 4.5” and has a capacity of 20oz.
- Comes with bamboo chopsticks and a ceramic spoon
- Specifically designed to prevent the spoon from falling into it.
- Slots make it easy to carry your hot noodles or soup from the kitchen to the dining table.
- Lightweight, strong, durable, lead-free, and non-toxic.
- Base may not be wide enough
- Broth may spill from the holes designed to hold chopsticks
2. Best For Gifting: Kimi Cuisine 2 x Ramen Bowl Set
This is an elegant and traditional ramen bowl set. You can have udon, pho, soups, and noodles in this large bowl with a capacity of 37oz. The bowl is made of food-grade melamine.
Melamine is also lighter, which makes carrying food a lot easier in this bowl. The bowl has a chopstick holder, where you can put your chopsticks when not in use. A perfect gift for your friends, co-workers, or family, this bowl set comes with a no-risk, 100% money-back guarantee.
- Comes as a set of two bowls, two ladles, and two pairs of chopsticks
- Not microwave-safe
- May look flimsy
3. Best Restaurant-Grade: Vallenwood 4 Noodle Bowl
The stylish Vallenwood bowl set has 16 pieces that will take your dining experience to the next level. These are strong restaurant-grade melamine bowls built with fine craftsmanship to last longer. The bowl can hold a large portion of food and keep it hot until the last bite. The Japanese ramen bowls weigh 10oz., measure 4 x 7.5 inches, and have a capacity of 32oz. They come with a manufacturer buyback policy if the customer is not satisfied.
- Thick glaze
- Microwave and dishwasher-safe
- Come with spoons, chopsticks, and a chopsticks holder
- Color may be dull than it appears
- Spoons may be too shallow
4. Best Handcrafted: Ceramic Japanese Ramen Noodle Soup Bowl
Ceramic Japanese noodle bowls are conventional and usually handcrafted with thick material, which is durable and restaurant-grade. These everyday ramen bowls are large enough to prevent the spillage of soup and ensure that the toppings sit perfectly.
Each set comes with spoons and chopsticks that can enhance your dining experience. The bowls measure 9 x 9 x 3 /78″. These bowls have a classic shape with a slightly bigger body and longer foot that give it a stylish look.
- Comes in six colors
- Made from ceramic
- Dishwasher-safe in the top rack
- Can hold 60 fluid oz
- Ceramic surface may be rough and bumpy
- Spoon may be a little small in size for some
5. Best For Everyday Use: Yalong Noodle Bowls Large
The blue and white patterned Yalong noodle bowls are made of porcelain. Each bowl is wear-resistant, scratch-resistant, and durable enough for everyday use. They are also dishwasher and microwave-safe.
These 40 oz. large salad bowls measure 8” in diameter, have a flat bottom, and are deep enough to keep the food from spilling. You can stack them easily in your kitchen as they don’t occupy much space. The manufacturer also offers a free replacement if the bowls break.
- Attractive with different motifs and soothing color combinations
- Big enough to serve large portions of food
- Lead-free and food-safe
- Stackable design
- Color may disappear on serving hot foods in these bowls
- May seem small for some
6. Best Non-Porous: World Market Japanese Ceramic Ramen Bowl
These authentic Japanese ceramic bowls have a red-colored interior and black outer finish with the word ‘Ramen’ printed in red. Each bowl comes with a red, old-fashioned Japanese spoon and sleek black chopsticks with a bronze band. The premium ceramic keeps the food hot for long and is made of non-porous material. It can hold up to 17.5oz and measures 18 x 9 x 7”. These bowls are deeper and wider, so the soup does not slosh around.
- Made of good-quality ceramic
- Lead-free and BPA-free
- Dishwasher and microwave-safe
- May be smaller than expected
- Chopsticks may be short for some
7. Best Microwave-Friendly: Y YHY Cereal Bowls, Ceramic Bowls
These are vibrant ceramic bowls that come in bright blue and white patterns both inside and outside. The unique craftsmanship enhances your everyday dining experience, as the deep bowls prevent sloshing of the soup. They are made of sturdy ceramic material and have a 24oz. of capacity with the dimensions of 6 x 6 x 3”. They are easy to use and stack nicely on your kitchen shelf. The outside pattern provides a good grip. You get a lifetime warranty and a free replacement or refund for any defective or damaged bowls.
- Suitable gifting option
- Print and color of the bowl does not fade on use
- May seem smaller than expected
- Shades of blue in the bowls may not match
8. Best Moisture-Absorbent: Dowan Ceramic Soup Bowls
The ramen soup bowls are deep and wide, which makes stirring easy. The bowls are also space-saving, as they have a flat bottom that lets them stand firmly on the kitchen cabinet. They are a combination of both classic and modern designs and are slightly cone-shaped.
The classy white bowl measures 7 x 7 x 2.7” with a 32oz. capacity. You can use them in a microwave or even a refrigerator to store food. They come in a set of four pieces and are packaged delicately.
- Easily stackable
- Suitable for formal dinners
- Made from top grade anti-scratch, anti-chip, lead-free, cadmium-freeporcelain
- May not be uniformly sized
- May not have a smooth finish
9. Best For Gifting: NJ Charms Salad Soup Ramen Bowl
NJCharms large soup bowls are a stunning bowl set made of high-grade porcelain. The high-grade porcelain makes them long-lasting as it blocks moisture absorption, preventing the rippling and cracking of the bowl. NJ charms instant noodle bowls are versatile and multi-purpose, suitable for serving bread, tortillas, and rice salads, too.
The bowl measures 7.99 x 7.99 x 3.3” and has a capacity of 60oz. You get a set of three bowls that are easy to stack and don’t occupy much space. You get a no-risk, no-reason replacement or refund if not satisfied with the product.
- Cadmium- and lead-free
- Safe for microwave, oven, dishwasher and refrigerator
- Suitable to serve high-volume items such as chips, popcorn, etc.
- Non-stick coating
- May not be suitable for rough use
- May be smaller than expected
10. Best Lead-Free: Enesco Pusheen Ramen Bowl
The bowl features a graphic of a Pusheen, a cartoon character, enjoying some delicious noodles. There are even notches on the top of the bowl to hold your chopsticks. The durable noodle soup bowl is made by fine craftsmen and comes packaged in a gift box.
The pink bowls measure 5 x 5 x 4” and are adequately sized to serve hot noodles with yummy toppings. They are made of high-quality stoneware.
- Easy to clean
- Non-toxic and lead free
- Attractive and loved by children
- Comes in a pack of two
- May chip or break easily on rough handling
- Color may be different
11. Best Oven-Safe: Dowan White Porcelain Ramen Bowl Set
Dowan manufactures some of the best ramen bowls as it is famous for its exquisite design. These are high-quality porcelain bowls with an authentic Asian touch. The handle of the long spoon is carefully designed to not slip into the soup; the slots for the chopsticks of the bowl are also convenient for moving the ramen bowl.
The dimensions are 6.5 x 6.5 x 2.5” and have 20oz. capacity. They are elegant and lead-free, with premium porcelain for safer use. The bowls come with a 90-day warranty and money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- Comes with spoon and chopsticks
- Dishwasher and microwave-safe
- Stackable and uses less cabinet space
- Suitable for formal occasions
- May be slightly heavy
- May be smaller than expected
How To Choose The Right Ramen Bowls?
The following are a few key factors to consider while shopping for ramen bowls.
- Type of bowl: Check the weight, shape, and curvatures of the ramen bowl and pick one based on what you will use it for.
- Bowl with proper proportions: According to the Japanese culture, there is a specific ratio between the bowl and the food in it. The ramen dishes have four main divisions, like the broth, noodles, sauce, and the toppings. So, a bowl must accommodate all of these. Usually, the noodles, toppings, the soup, and the broth should fill around 75% of the bowl, while the other quarter should be empty.
- Material used: Asian ramen bowls are generally made of ceramic. Ramen bowls are also made from plastic or melamine. However, ceramic bowls are considered more durable and sturdier. They even keep the instant noodles warm for a longer period.
- Perfect Size: You can choose a bowl measuring from about 18oz. up to 60oz. If you eat smaller portions, then you can opt for a smaller one. However, if you go by the Japanese tradition, it’s good to invest in a larger one to enjoy all the four components of ramen.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is a product writer specializing in kitchen essentials. After going through hundreds of trusted websites and product quality reviews, she has compiled this list of the best ramen bowls for you. This list consists of both porcelain and ceramic bowls. In addition, she has provided detailed features of each one, such as the size, material, use, and durability. The article also includes a buying guide section that you may refer to while choosing the right bowl.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is in a typical ramen bowl?
You can customize your ramen bowl. However, the main components include bouillon, flavourful stock, spices, toppings, meat, and noodles.
2. What bowl is used to serve ramen?
You may serve ramen in different bowls, such as ohgigatadon, menchabi, and tamadon, based on the consistency, amount of noodles, and toppings.
3. What are traditional ramen bowls made of?
Although there are many variations based on the origin, ramen bowls were traditionally made of ceramic, stone, or wood.
4. Are ramen bowls Chinese or Japanese?
Ramen bowls originated in China, but different versions of ramen have become famous throughout Japan and the world as a Japanese delicacy.
The best ramen bowls are versatile and can be used for eating pan-Asian food items such as dumplings, soup, and noodles. The elegant bowls come in various types, sizes, and designs, making you spoilt for choice. To identify the best one, make sure that the bowl you pick is easy to use, lightweight, durable, and scratch-proof. You might also want to pick one that is easy to clean, microwave- and dishwasher-safe, and long-lasting. Many bowls come with cutlery such as chopsticks or traditional serving spoons, so you may also opt for bowls with these based on your preference.