Using razors is one of the easiest and most convenient ways to remove hair in your underarm, legs, and arm area. But for people with sensitive skin, it can get tricky as they need to pick the best razors for sensitive skin to prevent bumps and redness after shaving.
If you love using razors for hair removal but have sensitive skin, check out our curated list of the best quality razors suitable for sensitive skin.
15 Best Razors For Sensitive Skin
Before buying any product, make sure to read the details on the product labels to understand if they suit your skin type.
This is a two-in-one razor that comes with a trimming technology, which helps in easy trimming and shaving. It is waterproof and comes with four adjustable comb settings to trim hair length accordingly and provide a smooth finish. It is powered by batteries and offers a convenient shaving experience. Watch this video to know more about this product
- Hydrating and hypoallergenic
- Hydra-boost serum and shea butter moisturize the skin
- May not be long-lasting
- May not offer a consistent shave
This pack contains one razor handle and one blade refill. It comes with five blades that are close together to provide long-lasting smoothness. It is a small and colorful razor that is designed to move smoothly on the contours of your body. To make an informed decision before buying, you can check out this video
- All Venus blades fit this razor’s handle
- Shaves hair and moisturizes the skin
- Might be difficult to shave with a small handle
It is a premium shaving kit that contains two cartridges and one razor handle. It is designed to suit the needs of both men and women. You may use the razor on the body and face. The razor features a metal handle that offers control at any angle. Look at this video to understand how the razor works
- Provides precise shaving in hard-to-reach areas
- Comes with five flexible blades
- Contains vitamin E and aloe vera lubrication strip for smooth gliding
- Blades may be dull
- Some may feel roughness on the skin
The razor comes with five blades for a close shave. The lubricating strip features vitamin E to reduce irritation. When the lubrication of the razor gets in contact with water, it releases oils that make it roll over the skin to offer smooth removal of hair. This makes it gentle on sensitive skin.
- Comes with one handle and 12 cartridges
- Blades may become dull soon
This is a disposable razor that is formulated with hydra-boost serum and shea butter to moisturize your skin. It comes with five blades and a right-sized cartridge that smoothly moves over your skin, shaving the hair and preventing irritation.
- Disposable, and leaves skin super smooth
- Comes with three razors
- Ergonomic design with soft rubber grip
- Features water-activated serum keeps skin moisturized for two hours
- May not shave hair properly
This razor doesn’t need any shaving gel.It shaves the hair and also lathers to moisturize the skin. It comes with an ergonomic handle that offers comfy hold and precise control. It is designed to provide sensitive care to your skin.
- Has four blades for a controlled shave
- Moisturizes skin with natural aloe vera and vitamin E
- Pivoted head minimizes cuts and nicks on skin
- Bulky and may not glide on the skin
This pack comes with nine disposable razors. Each comes with five high-quality steel blades and a moisture halo with vitamin E, aloe vera, and botanical oils to reduce irritation. It can be used in wet showers as well. It is light in weight and easy to use.
- The pivoted head offers smooth shaving experience
- Shaves and nourishes the skin
- Ergonomic handle makes it easy to use
- May not remove hair in one stroke
- May not be suitable for ultra-sensitive skin
This pack of razors is available in bundles of six and 18 disposable razors. Each razor comes with two Gillette blades and a lubrastrip that glides through the skin and removes the hair. These razors don’t require any refills, so you can use and dispose them.
- Thin blades for comfort
- Handle provides a comfortable grip
- Prevents skin irritation
- May not be durable
This razor is designed for both men and women. The handle is made with recycled materials, and it has a lubricating strip made with aloe vera and cocoa butter. The razor comes with five blades that offer smooth shaving of hair.
- Made with recycled products
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Provides clean and smooth shaving experience
- Slimy lubrication strip
- Cartridge might seem loose
This razor is designed to suit the sensitive needs of a woman’s skin. It provides 100% smooth skin and no irritation. This disposable razor is made with five smooth blades that are extra thin and will glide on the skin while removing the hair.
- Moisture ribbon protects from cuts and nicks
- Has a soft-grip handle and pivoting head for comfort
- Blades are close together for reduced pressure
- May seem rigid
- May not be silky smooth
The pack contains three razors. Each razor has three curved blades that move over the skin smoothly and removes the hair. The elixir lubrastrip also protects your skin and prevents irritation. It is easy and convenient to use this razor on sensitive skin.
- No need to change the blades
- Round and pivoted head for smooth shaving
- Head may be a tad small
The razor comes with four ultra-thin blades featuring a diamond coating. It doesn’t hurt the skin while shaving hair. It has a rubber grip, which makes it convenient to hold. Shaving hair with this disposable razor doesn’t cause any irritation.
- Comes with a raspberry rain scented handle
- Pearl complex and papaya conditioning provide a smooth shaving
- Hydra-boost serum and shea butter maintain the natural moisture
- Raspberry scent may fade away quickly
This razor could be ideal for sensitive skin as it comes with comfort coated blades. The set contains two packs, each with three disposable razors. Three blades are close to each other for a smooth and convenient shaving experience.
- Dermatologist-tested and hypoallergenic
- The strip is lubricated with botanical oils that prevent irritation
- Slimline cartridges go smoothly in hard-to-reach areas
- May seem a little rough
This pack contains two disposable razors in two different colors. Each razor has five flexible blades that adjust to the body contours and remove the hair. It even features shea butter that not only glides over the skin but also prevents skin irritation.
- Moisture bars promote a smooth shaving
- Closely-placed blades offer a smooth shave
- Lightweight and secure grip
- Blades may become dull over a period
This razor was formerly known as Schick ST2. It comes with an easy-to-use handle that helps to move around on the skin freely by offering a secure grip. This set brings you two packs, each with 12 disposable razors. It makes shaving hair easy.
- Twin blades offer a close shave
- Comes with a slim head that provides easy trimming
- Soft and contoured handle for a comfortable grip
- Blades may become blunt too quickly
How To Choose The Right Razor For Sensitive Skin?
Sensitive skin is prone to burn, irritations, rashes, and cuts when shaving. But choosing the right razor may cut down your worries.
- Razor blade: Women with sensitive skin can check the blades before buying. Dermatologist-tested blades, five close blades, and blades with a moisture element, such as aloe vera and shea butter may not irritate your skin. It can also provide a smooth shave in each stroke.
- Comfortable handle: You should pick an easy-to-grip handle that has an ergonomic design. This way, you can read hard-to-reach areas of your skin and have a comfortable shaving experience.
- Size: If you are looking for a razor to carry while traveling, then a compact, mini razor with a detachable handle could be the best fit. The big or medium-sized ones can be used at home.
- Types: Disposable and reusable razors are the two main types available. If you are looking for something that can be used for a limited time, then you may go for disposable ones and use them until the blades become dull.
Gabrielle Richens, a London-based skin therapist and clean beauty blogger, says, “The most important things to look for when buying a razor are the number of blades (5 is best) and lubrication strip–the more moisturizing the better. Exfoliation is also key to avoiding ingrown hairs. And my top tip is to oil your legs before you shave them to help prevent razor burn and as soon as you get out of the shower, while your skin is still damp. This helps lock in and replace lost moisture.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a product writer and a beauty and personal care enthusiast. In this post, she has listed the best razors for sensitive skin based on user reviews on various reliable platforms. She has also explained how to choose the right razors based on factors such as size, type of blade, and handle grip. These razors will help you get smooth, hairless skin without irritating it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should I change my razor blades?
It depends on the type of razor. You can consider changing after five or ten uses. However, the best sign is when the blades become dull and you find them rough on the skin.
2. Will shaving give me ingrown hairs or red bumps?
If you have sensitive skin and use a razor directly to remove hair, you may be prone to red bumps or irritation. Instead, cleanse and exfoliate your skin before shaving to remove the dead skin and prevent ingrown hairs or rashes. Also, use the right razor.
3. In what direction should I shave?
Shave your hair in the direction of its growth. If you have sensitive skin, you must not shave against the direction of the hair to avoid any cuts and nicks.
4. Why do I get razor bumps every time I shave?
Shaving on dry skin with a dull razor may cause razor bumps to appear on your skin. To avoid these bumps, try using a different razor, hydrating your skin before shaving, or shaving in the direction of the hair growth.
5. How do I stop getting razor burns?
The major reasons for razor burns are dry and aggressive shaving of hair. Use hydrating shaving cream and avoid pressing the razor too hard on the skin to prevent razor burns. It is also helpful to slather aloe vera gel or coconut oil over freshly shaved skin.
6. Which razor is best for shaving the bikini line?
A sharp razor with a single or double blade that can cut the hair and not pull it out would be the best choice for the pubic area. You can get a razor with an indicator strip and rubber grip for a better shaving experience.
Every girl loves to have smooth and hairless skin. However, the dream becomes harder to achieve when you have sensitive skin. Therefore, it is essential to invest in the best razors for sensitive skin to prevent rashes, redness, itchiness, and razor bumps. When choosing the ideal one, ensure the blades are dermatologist-tested and the strips are infused with shea butter or aloe vera, have an ergonomic design, are compact, and can be used multiple times.
- Best Nose Hair Trimmers
- Best Electric Shavers
- Best Hair Waxes
- Best IPL Home Laser Hair Removal Devices