Shopping for toys does not need an occasion, and whether you’re looking for the best RC cars under $100 or grandiose dollhouses for the same price, you must keep the child’s wants in mind. Toys bring toothy smiles to a child’s face and joy to their hearts. However, as they grow up, their preferences for toys also change. They look for more excitement, more thrill. That is when you get them an RC car that immediately becomes their favorite!
RC cars are suitable for children above three years old. These toys can help improve your child’s hand-eye coordination and spatial and visual perception. And as kids chase these cars around, they can get some exercise too.
If you’ve been thinking of getting an RC car as your next present for your kid, nephew, or niece, we are here to help. These model cars are incredible, accelerating up to 40 km/h, surviving collisions, and moving smoothly on most surfaces. They have advanced controls to make your child feel like the actual driver of the car. Check out this list and find some best-selling and time-tested superfast RC cars under $100 that you can buy.
8 Best RC Cars Under $100
The black and red stripes give it a fancy and realistic race car look. The hub metal sheet on this remote control car prevents damage caused during everyday use and collisions. The entire chassis is of nylon that is durable, long-lasting, elastic, and resistant to chemicals. This RC rock crawler is powered with the help of two 850mAh rechargeable batteries that provide continuous usage for about 40 minutes.
The ergonomically designed remote allows for adjustments to speed, throttle, and movements. Last but not least, this pocket-friendly RC car is equipped with a powerful 380 motor that reaches a maximum speed of 40+ km/h. If you want to find out more about this product and its usage, make sure to check out a tester’s experience in this review video.
Also Recommended By: rc sphere has also listed DEERC RC 9300 High-Speed Car in their top 10.9 Best RC Cars Under $100 – Reviews and Buying Guide (2024), rc sphere https://rcsphere.com/best-rc-cars-under-100/
- Has a 2.4 GHz remote control
- Adjustable speed
- Large tires for better grip
- Includes shock absorbers
- Rough terrain-friendly
- Comes with batteries
- Waterproof and durable
- Replacing the batteries might be cumbersome
- Power switch may not be easy to access
At the heart of this RC car lies the 380 motor capable of reaching speeds up to 36km/h. The race car has a solid PVC body, with a stylish design of green, black, and purple splashes. This tired-and-tested RC car for beginners is built with classic ball bearings and independent suspension to manage most surfaces, and the large off-road tires make it easy to move on bumpy grounds.
It is splash water-resistant, making it safe for the car to drive through puddles of water. A 7.4V Li-Po rechargeable battery technology powers it, and the car is controlled through a remote that connects it to the remote via a 2.4 GHz connection. The remote and car maintain the connection as long as they are within a distance of 280ft. The ergonomic remote contains all necessary functions to control the steering wheel, steering rim, and power. If you need further convincing, check out this video, where the reviewer tests the product.
Also Recommended By: Haiboxing All-Terrain High-Speed RC Car has also made it to the list by Dronesgator11 Best RC Cars and Trucks under $100 (Updated for 2024), DronesGator. https://dronesgator.com/best-rc-cars-under-100/
- Flexible body
- High-grip knobby tires
- Stainless steel drive shafts
- Buckled body clips
- Includes speed control function
- Low battery run time
- May not be highly durable
3. Best Powerful Motor: Hosim 1:16 Scale All Terrain RC Car
The Hosim All Terrain RC Car is a high-performance remote-controlled toy car built for off-road play adventures. With a scale of 1:16 and impressive speeds of up to 40+ KPH, this RC car is designed for speed and power — suitable for competitive drag racing!
Its 4WD feature can tackle all types of terrain, including sand, rock, and mud. Additionally, its durable construction can withstand rough play. The package includes a remote controller, rechargeable battery, and charger.
- Flexible body
- Realistic and detailed design
- Suitable for off-road and all-terrain use
- Comes with a powerful and efficient brushless electric motor
- Equipped with an independent suspension system for smooth and stable driving
- Easy control
- May require assembly before use
- Battery may require frequent recharging
"For parents looking for a speedy RC truck that can handle any kind of terrain, this is the one. It has a solid build, and my children love the bright colors and fun graphics. We've spent hours driving this all over the house and the backyard together."
This RC truck by Sgile is what every little kid dreams of having. It looks sporty with its red and black design and gives off a realistic truck appearance. It is powered by a motor that can reach a maximum speed of 18km/h. The large anti-slip tires make it easy for the car to move smoothly on roads and fields.
Since the body of the remote car is constructed from durable ABS and PA materials, it is collision-resistant. The model car comes with built-in dual 600 mAh rechargeable batteries that provide up to 50 minutes of playtime. It supports a 2.4 GHz remote control system and features a power switch and steering wheel.
- Flexible body
- Has switches for backward and forward movements
- Indicates when battery is charged
- Includes a USB cable
- Easy to use
- Durable body material
- RoHS compliant
- One of the best budget RC cars
- May have limited remote control range
- Remote control may not be left-hander-friendly
Powering this monster truck to a maximum speed of 40km/h is a powerful brushed electric motor. It has large foam-filled grip tires that make it suitable for off-road action. This all-terrain RC truck with a realistic truck appearance is IPX4 water-resistant, making it suitable to move through snow and puddles of water. Its high-performance metal shock absorbers make it resistant to collisions.
Its two 1,000mAh rechargeable batteries provide a run time of over 40 minutes on a single charge. The entry-level RC car connects to the remote through a 2.4 GHz interface. The remote controller is ergonomic, making it easy and comfortable to hold and grip for prolonged periods.
- Flexible body
- Dual-speed modes for beginners and experts
- Sturdy build
- Decent battery life
- Includes a fire-proof battery bag
- Two USB chargers
- May not be easy to find replacement parts
- May not be 100% waterproof
"This RC truck has become my chidren's favorite off-road ride. It has quality parts and a strong motor that can handle rough surfaces. And I like that it allows for customization."
Bring your child’s fantasy to life with this remote Car by Phywess with a realistic truck appearance. It has a powerful motor and reaches a maximum speed of 40km/h. One of the best budget RC cars out there, the car is built to withstand collisions and the test of time thanks to its anti-collision bumper. Reinforcing its durability and toughness is its four anti-slip tires that are suitable for all terrains. The metal shock absorbers enhance the car’s climbing ability, helping it move smoothly over bumpy roads.
This inexpensive RC car is designed for both indoor and outdoor driving. The remote car is equipped with two 1,000mAh batteries that provide 25 minutes of continuous playtime on a single charge. It is controlled by a 2.4 GHz anti-interference remote that allows for two or more radio-controlled cars to race simultaneously.
- Sturdy body
- Ready-to-run on arrival
- Offers impressive speed control
- Anti-skid tires
- Good throttle
- Remote control has a range of 230ft
- Easily available replacement parts
- Replacing the batteries can be tedious
- May not be easy to find replacement parts
"My kids and I love playing with this RC truck on the weekends. It has an adjustable speed, so it works well for any driver, and the dual batteries mean more playtime. If you want an all-around RC vehicle with speed and stability, this is a good option."
Equipped with an RC390 motor, this car by Bezgar speeds along at 40+ km/h, suitable for competitive drag racing. The 4WD shock absorber suspension and metal spring shock absorber allow the car to easily maneuver over bumps and rough tracks. The car offers collision resistance and has a strong shockproof body to ensure durability and longevity.
The entire chassis of the car is crafted from nylon, making it long-lasting and resistant to chemicals. It is equipped with a 2.4 GHz remote control system that provides speed and movement adjustments. One of the best affordable RC cars out there, it runs on a single 800mAh battery capable of providing up to 25 minutes of continuous usage.
- Suitable for children and adults
- Proportional throttle and steering
- Anti-interference remote control
- Decent battery life
- Adjustable speed
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- Realistic truck appearance
- No oil-filled shocks
- Can charge only one battery at a time
"This RC car is a playground favorite for my little one and is sturdy and durable even after being tossed around. It offers a decent speed and is perfect for indoors or outdoors. You can also adjust the speed for your little drivers."
8. Best Sleek: Force1 Tornado LED Remote Control Car
This LED remote control superfast RC car under $100 offers the ultimate racing experience for children. The sleek high-speed remote control car is equipped with bright LED lights, making it ideal for racing at night or in low-light conditions.
If you are looking for the best budget RC car, the Tornado LED car is the right pick, as it is easy to control and navigate with its 2.4GHz remote control with a range of up to 100 feet. Moreover, the remote control features a built-in LCD screen that displays the car’s battery charge level, signal strength, and speed.
- Maximum speed of 15mph
- LED lights are fun and visually appealing
- Durable and sturdy design to withstand rough play
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- May be fragile
- Remote control may be difficult to maneuver
How To Choose The Right RC Cars Under $100?
Consider these factors to ensure you find a suitable RC car for your child.
- Type of car: There are two major types of RC car models- on-road RC cars and off-road RC cars. On-road RC cars have tires that are suitable for driving on smooth and slippery tracks. This makes it ideal for indoor use as well. On the other hand, off-road RC rock crawlers have wheels that make them suited to driving off-road, like rocky or concrete terrains. The type of car you decide to purchase should be based on your need and purpose of use. Further, look for the best budget RC cars.
- Durability: Durability becomes an important factor when it comes to RC cars as collisions are almost impossible to avoid all the time. Your car will knock into something or the other at some point in time. That is why it is important to choose an RC car with a sturdy structure and durable body material. At the same time, they should not be made out of materials that cause cuts and bruises to children. Most super fast RC cars under $100 are made from ABS materials that are eco-friendly. However, make sure it is reinforced well and has an anti-collision bumper.
- Speed: The speed of the car becomes an important factor when using the car in competitive drag racing competitions. However, if RC car racing is a leisurely activity for you, you may not require RC cars with powerful motors and high speeds. Some RC cars are equipped with a 390 motor that can reach a maximum speed of 40+ km/h. If a day of endless fun is what you desire, an RC car between 20-30 km/h will serve the purpose.
- Control distance: This is an important factor as you will lose complete control of your RC car the moment it exceeds the range it was designed for. Most off-road RC cars have a control distance of 300 feet or so, making the remote work within 300 feet of it. Others have a much lesser control distance, with some on-road cars limiting it to 150 feet. Having a larger control distance is desirable as it allows the remote and the RC car to be further away from each other and still function. Ensure to check the specifications when purchasing the best affordable RC car.
- Battery life: Most tried-and-tested RC cars are equipped with dual rechargeable batteries to provide around 20-25 minutes of playing time on a single charge. The battery life of the RC car has a direct impact on the amount of time that one can continuously use it without charging. However, if you want an RC car with a long battery life that can provide 40 minutes of playtime at one session, you will need to purchase one with a high-capacity battery.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our team of dedicated writers and reviewers have listed some of the super-fast RC cars under $100 available in the market. The list has been compiled after extensive research to help you choose the most reliable toy cars for competitive drag racing. We have also considered user reviews to ensure the cars are made of high-quality materials and are durable. Moreover, we have provided handy tips on buying the right remote-controlled cars that meet your requirements.
If you have been having second thoughts about buying RC cars for your children due to the high price of these cars, you can now breathe easy, as the wide range of tried-and-tested options listed here are pretty affordable and come under $100, which makes them the best budget RC cars. The cars are available in various colors and designs and are designed to be compact, portable, and durable. They are also rechargeable and come with long-lasting batteries to keep children occupied for hours. The Haiboxing All-Terrain High-Speed RC Car deserves special mention for its flexible PVC body, while the Phywess RC High-Speed Remote Car stands out with its anti-slip tires. When choosing one, consider your child’s personal preferences and choose one that is safe and suitable for their skill level.
Infographic: Buying Guide For RC Cars Under $100 For Children
Children may have hours of fun while learning about engineering and technology with remote control (RC) cars. However, there are several things to consider if you want to purchase an RC car for a child to ensure you get value for your money. So, check out the infographic below for some helpful buying tips.