If you are on the hunt for the best recliners for sleeping after a hectic workday, you have come to the right space. Recliners are a must-have for those who suffer from back pain, sleep apnea, and other health conditions that make sleeping in bed difficult or for someone who frequently dozes off while watching TV. Recliners help you stretch out comfortably and have a relaxed sleep. These come in different sizes, fabrics, styles, and materials, and there’s a recliner available for all your needs to enhance your home decor. Below, we have compiled a list of the best recliners available in the market that you can choose from to level up your comfort and relaxation.
11 Best Recliners For Sleeping
This dual-function recliner for sleeping offers complete relaxation and can be adjusted for you to sit back at any angle. The overstuffed back and foot extensions offer ultimate relaxation and comfort. Upholstered with water-resistant, durable, sunlight-resistant, and stylish PU leather, the wooden legs and frame are crafted from solid hardwood for the best durability and stability. It takes only two minutes for you to assemble it–connect the chair with the dual metal mechanism to the base, screw on the four wooden legs, and it’s ready for your relaxation. It measures 34 x 27 x 38.9 inches and weighs 58 pounds. This tried-and-tested chair has a wingback design and is ideal for use at home and office. It is perfect for lounging, sleeping, relaxation, and entertainment. If you are still unsure, check out this honest review.
- High back and wide armrests
- Ergonomically designed
- High rebound premium quality springs
- High density filling sponge
- Eco-friendly cotton
- Weight capacity of 275 pounds
- Heavy duty steel reinforced backrest and frame
- Has a chemical smell on opening
This power lifts electric chair can be pushed up entirely and gets its power from a UL-certified actuator. This makes it a good option for the sick or elderly or those who find it challenging to stand up easily without straining their knees or backs. The lift or reclining position, which can go up to 145°, can be adjusted with 2 buttons on the chair. Considered one of the best electric recliners, it features 8 vibration massage points and lumbar heating, which a remote control can control. Its premium-quality treated fabric upholstery is highly durable, comfortable, and easy to clean, and will not pill. It comes equipped with an extra USB outlet for charging your low-power devices, such as your phone, headset, or iPad, while sitting or reclining. Side pockets and 2 cup holders add to the comfort of this recliner for sleeping.
- Durable metal frame
- Resilient microfiber upholstery
- Retractable footrest
- Push-back backrest
- Five inches thick armrest
- Weight capacity of 330 pounds
- Easy to assemble— no tools required
- Supports neck, arm, back, and legs at the correct angle
- May not be suitable for people taller than 5.9 feet.
All you need to do is press 2 buttons to recline this chair in a gentle and smooth movement, and it is a boon, especially for the elderly or physically challenged. This breathable leather recliner has an extremely sturdy and durable steel frame construction and comfortable and thick cushioning at the neck, back, and lumbar region. It can be reclined at different positions for napping, reading, and watching TV. This recliner chair for sleeping features a USB charging port on the right side of the recliner for your headset, phone, or iPad. With many positive reviews, its heavy-duty construction and ideal size is sure to give you all the comfort and relaxation you need.
- Crafted with bonded leather
- Retractable footrest
- Soft and comfortable armrest
- Easy to clean
- Weight capacity of 300 pounds
- There’s a gap at the base of the spine when reclined
- Some may not find it easy to assemble on their own
This innovative power leather recliner for sleeping features a dual lifting motor where the footrest and backrest can be adjusted to the desired reclining position individually. With eight vibrating massage nodes, this stand-up recliner chair is designed to massage your back, thighs, lumbar region, and legs and also has a heating system for the lumbar region, all controlled by a remote controller. The seat dimensions are approximately 23 x 21 inches. Equipped with a TUV motor, it has a very silent operation and is long-lasting. Crafted with a metal frame, high-density composite board, this PU Leather recliner is sturdy, durable, waterproof, and easy to clean. Its cushioned memory foam has a slow and soft rebound making it more comfortable. Its unique feature is the widened backrest that provides comfort and support to the body.
- Reclining angle of 180°
- Easy to move
- Two side pockets for storage
- Two extra universal rear wheels
- Two USB charging ports
- Weight capacity of 330 pounds
- Some may find it difficult to assemble
5. Best With Lumbar Support:Chita Power Swivel Glider Recliner
The Chita reclining chair has been thoughtfully designed to offer maximum relaxation. It has an ergonomic body that allows you to swivel, glide, and recline smoothly. The sofa is equipped with easy-to-operate buttons on the side for effortless operation and is made of white faux leather, adding more style to your home decor. In addition, the chair swivels up to 270° and can be reclined between 90° and 135°. Just lean back into the reclining chair and find the position you find comfortable sleeping, watching tv, reading, or relaxing. The footrest and lumbar cushion offer added support and comfort. Moreover, it has a built-in USB charging port, making it easy to charge your devices.
- Elegant design
- Can sustain weights up to 350lb
- Easy to clean
- Available in two colors
- Has an engineered wooden frame
- May be heavier than expected
- May not be easy to assemble
6. Best With Vibration:Svago ZGR Plus Zero Gravity Chair
The Svago ZGR Zero Gravity chair, measuring 43.5 x 30.7 x 47.5 inches, features multi-pulse vibration nodes that offer a gentle massage and soothing heat to keep you stress-free and an adjustable memory foam pillow that offers comfortable head and neck support. According to reviewers, this remote-controlled synthetic polyurethane leather recliner can recline to all angles, providing a superior zero-gravity experience by allowing you to customize the back and footrest adjustments separately. Further, it conforms to your body shape, providing the right amount of support and relaxation you need.
- Made of quality synthetic polyurethane leather
- Extended arm support
- Dual articulators
- Effortless to operate
- Soothes sore muscles
- Easy to assemble
- Weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Stitches may wear off over time
- Limited heat and massage controls
The Irene House lay-flat recliner is made of high-quality metal frame, high-density foam, and easy-to-clean and breathable faux leather to ensure durability and comfort. One of the best dual-function recliners, it is powered by a dual OKIN motor, and the independently adjustable backrest and footrest allow you to align it to your desired position. The lumbar pillow, padded arms, and plush seat offer optimum comfort, and the side pockets ensure convenient storage of your essentials. This sturdy, elegant pushback chair is ideal for reading, watching TV, or taking an afternoon nap comfortably, and its lay-flat design makes it an optimal choice for the elderly and those with physical disabilities.
- Waterproof design
- Formaldehyde-free construction
- Weight capacity of up to 300 pounds
- Vibration and heat massage modes
- Easy to assemble
- Available in different colors
- May not be suitable for tall people
- Might be slightly slippery
The power lift recliner by Ashley features is powered by dual motors, thus allowing you to effortlessly recline your back and elevate your legs while enjoying a book or TV show or napping. This stylish dual-function recliner is upholstered with thick poly-fiber material, which looks like leather but is really comfortable. It measures 40 x 35 x 44 inches and has a weight capacity of 250 to 300 pounds. This contemporary-style reclining chair’s gentle, slow power movement makes it ideal for the elderly and those with physical disabilities.
- Easy to assemble
- Power lift-and-tilt feature
- Hand control power button
- Available in two colors
- Noiseless recline movements
- Can lay entirely flat
- One-year warranty
- Footrest may be short for some
- Seat may be narrow for some
The Best Choice Products power lift recliner chair measures approximately 37.7 x 33 x 39.7 inches and features three remote-controlled massage modes that work on your back, lumbar area, thighs, and lower legs. You can choose between high and low intensity modes and two different heat settings to soothe your lumbar area. The adjustment functions help you place the recliner in three positions, and the anti-tipping heavy-duty base and cushioned armrests ensure its safety and comfort, making it count among the best electric recliners.
- Easy-to-reach button
- Power lift function
- Breathable linen fabric
- Two cup holders
- Ideal for the elderly
- Two side pockets and two front pockets
- Ergonomic design
- Seat may be a little narrow for some
- May not heat up to the desired temperature for some
10. Best Versatile:Evolur Harlow Deluxe Glider Recline Rocker
The versatile Evolur Harlow Deluxe power recliner features ergonomic backrest support and side rests for ultimate comfort and a smart electronic panel on the armrest for easy and effortless operation. You can recline it to multiple positions according to your preferences and swivel it up to 275° for a smooth and soothing rock and glide motion. As per reviews, the foam-filled durable polyester fabric provides a seamless finish, while the solid metal base makes it sturdy and well-built. It also features side pockets to store your belongings as you take a break and enjoy a siesta.
- Easy to clean
- Tool-free assembly
- Weight capacity of 250 pounds
- Greenguard Gold- and FSC-certified
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Includes a USB Charging port
- May make a clicking noise while rocking
- May not feature a neck support
The power lift recliner chair by MCombo measures 38.6 x 34.3 x 42.1 inches and can be adjusted to your desired reclining position by pressing the two lighted buttons on the remote control. The easy-to-assemble chair features a counterbalanced lift mechanism and a TUV-certified actuator for the chair to lift automatically and help you stand without the assistance of another person. It also features a footrest that can be extended up to 4.7 inches, a USB port to charge your devices, and a lumbar pillow for additional lower back support.
- Can be assembled in under 15 minutes
- Includes two cup-holders
- Anti-fall ropes and side pockets
- Soft and anti-slip fabric
- Available in various colors
- Suitable for post-surgery recovery
- May not fit through doorways under 23 inches
- Recline mechanism might be slightly noisy
How To Choose The Right Recliners For Sleeping?
Here are a few guidelines you should keep in mind when choosing a recliner so that you have the most comfortable and relaxing experience.
- Upholstery: Recliners will either have leather or fabric upholstery. Though leather does look stylish and elegant, it may not be the most appropriate material to sleep on. Leather will leave you soaked in sweat as it’s not breathable. All in all, fabric upholstery is a better option, although some soft fabrics are more breathable than others. Most of the leather recliners use bonded leather which is made from scraps of leather that have been bonded or fused together. It’s not as durable or soft and smooth as regular leather, and will probably start cracking or peeling in a year or two. The quality of the material and foam need to be taken into account, and should be waterproof, oil-proof, and resistant to wear and tear.
- Size: The best recliners for sleeping need to be the appropriate size. If it’s too small, you will be constricted and uncomfortable as you won’t be able to move or shift much. Be sure to take proper measurements before choosing one, and add a few inches to the width of the seat for more room and comfort. It should be able to accommodate both your body weight and height. Also ensure that the dimensions of your recliner are suitable for the space you have available, especially when it’s in a reclined position.
- Comfort system: Your recliner chair for sleeping should simulate sleeping in a bed when it comes to comfort. It should have sufficient padding of poly fiberfill and block foam. You may also consider recliners with laminated veneer lumber systems for extra stability and comfort. The best recliners for sleeping will have an additional network of springs as well or comfort coils. Padding with memory foam is also a very good option.
- Recline function: If you go in for a manual recliner, it will usually have three positions— upright, TV mode, and fully reclined. Though they can be used for sleeping, it’s a good idea to test them out so that you are happy with the recline angle. Power recliners are a better option for sleeping as the number of recline angles they offer are unlimited, so you can choose the exact angle you like.
- Additional features: You should also check if the brand offers some extra or special features such as an ergonomic design for whole back support or lumbar support, or overstuffed pillows for added comfort. Some have a USB charging port to charge your phone, iPad, or headphones while you are relaxing in the recliner. Still others have the ability to recline the seat back without involving the footrest. Other features to look out for are onboard storage, memory foam for superior comfort, or a battery backup system.
- Color: This is another important factor that you need to consider as it should go with the décor of the room where you place it. Neutral colors are usually the safest bet as they go with all color schemes and decorations. You can go for more vibrant colors if you want to go with a contemporary look.
- Electrical or manual: A manual recliner chair is less likely to break because it does not run on a motor. The reclining backrest is activated through a button or lever side. Manual recliners are also less expensive as compared to electric recliners. Electric recliner chairs, on the other hand, have unlimited recline angles and positions, and you can control the massage and heating features through a remote control.
- Weight capacity: Power recliners usually have a greater weight capacity than manual recliners. Most recliners have a weight capacity between 300 to 400 pounds, but make sure that it’s durable and strong enough to hold your weight.
- Safety measures: Any recliner that has a power system should be used with caution, and safety needs to be a prime consideration. You should feel 100% safe using your recliner chair. Ensure that it is thoroughly safety-tested, uses the latest technology, and has a premium quality steel frame that is sturdy, durable, corrosion-free, and comfortable.
Why Trust MomJunction?
As a writer specializing in home and kitchenware goods, Sakshi John relies on extensive research and analysis of user reviews and testers’ experiences for listing the best products in the market for you. This post includes some of the best recliners for sleeping with detailed descriptions as Sakshi has evaluated most of your demands, from varied sizes and styles to durability and material. She has also shared buying advice that you may consider before making your purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can sleeping in a recliner hurt my back?
A recliner is ergonomically designed to support your back and help you maintain the correct posture. Sleeping in a recliner may not hurt your back unless it is reclined at weird angles.
2. Can sleeping in a recliner cause blood clots?
Sleeping or sitting in the same position in a recliner for hours and without movement may cause blood clots. It can slow down blood circulation to your limbs and lead to deep-vein thrombosis (1).
3. Do recliners have a weight limit?
Your average recliner may sustain weight from 250 to around 600 pounds. The weight-bearing capacity may vary depending on the size and the number of seats of the recliner.
Nothing compares to coming back home after a long, tiring day and resting on a recliner. And to enjoy this comfort, you must pick the best recliner for sleeping carefully. Safety and comfort are pivotal factors you should consider when choosing one. The Esright Power Lift Electric Recliner is our best pick as it features a sturdy metal frame, resilient microfiber upholstery, and multiple massage points, offering the utmost comfort. Moreover, the recliner must also be made of easy-to-clean upholstery and offer additional features such as USB charging port and extendable footrest. This brings us to our next recommendation, The ANJ Electric Recliner, featuring sturdy construction, springy cushioning, immaculate leather upholstery, a USB charging port, and an exceptionally smooth reclining mechanism with an extendable footrest.
Also, consider a recliner that complements the décor of your room and holds your weight. While these recliners also may help those struggling with sleep apnea, acid reflux, or back pain and finding it difficult to get in and out of bed, you should ensure the one you choose meets all safety standards and is sturdy and comfortable.
Infographic: Buying Tips For Reclining Sofas To Sleep
A recliner is a good investment for comfortable sleeping in any room other than a bedroom. They are portable and versatile and can also be used for watching TV and working on your laptops comfortably. So, if you’re planning to buy a recliner, check our infographic below for some features you may consider looking for in a recliner.
- Is it dangerous to sleep sitting up?
Recommended Articles :