A stylish and cozy-looking recliner sofa can make your guests feel welcome at home. It could also be a great addition to your living room furniture. A good reclining sofa lets you relax after a long day of work. Whether you want to watch television, read a book, or take a nap, reclining sofas offer the perfect mix of comfort and style.
They come in a variety of reclining mechanisms for lounging comfortably. The best reclining sofas are well-built, aesthetically-pleasing, and sometimes pricey, too.
Types Of Recliner Sofas
There are three main categories of recliner sofas.
- Power recliners are among the most popular options since they combine the best of technology and luxury. These recliners allow the body to slide into a lounging position very comfortably with just the press of a button. They are a bit expensive than manual ones and also need a constant power source.
- Manual recliners have been around the block for long and do not require any source of power. You can adjust the reclining angle of the sofa using a lever and applying a little bit of pressure to the back. These recliners are affordable but slightly bulky.
- Adjustable recliner. They are sleek, much like a futon or sofa-bed, but they may not offer foot or leg support.
If you’re looking to spruce up your living room, read on as we list some of the best reclining sofas of 2020.
15 Best Reclining Sofas Of 2020
Made of high-quality PU leather, this push-back recliner design has an adjustable footrest, curved wide armrest, thick recliner back and large seat cushion. The recliner features a durable steel frame and upgraded footrest while the seat has thicker foam padding. The foot protection is supported by four non-marking pads that protect the sofa as well.
- Double-comfort due to a push-back recliner design
- Durable steel frame
- Larger seat
- High permeability
- High resilience
- May not be comfortable for tall people
Made of plush microfiber, this textured double reclining sofa is covered with bi-cast vinyl or PU on the sides. With overstuffed arms, this comfortable manual recliner sofa’s seat and back are filled with high-density foam. It has a lever to enable the reclining mechanism and requires seat back assembly.
- Soft microfiber seat
- Dual reclining ends
- Offers great comfort
- Spacious for three people
- Requires assembly
Made of faux leather, this recliner couch can also be converted into a guest bed. It has chrome-metal legs that add style and a fully reclining backrest for added comfort. This multipurpose lounger has a foldable armrest in the middle with two cupholders. It also has a compartment at the base for storing legs and hardware.
- Converts into a bed
- Multipurpose lounger
- Easy assembly
- Ideal for small spaces
- Comfortable faux leather
- Maintenance of light-colored fabric can be difficult
Made of faux leather, this space-saving recliner sofa is durable and easy to clean. It must be kept three inches away from the wall so that the sofa can be reclined fully. It has soft cushions, two cupholders, and a scaled tiona pattern that makes it more appealing and compatible with all interiors.
- Offers comfortable reclining
- Affordable pricing
- Luxurious appearance
- May not bear rough use
Made of PU leather, this manual reclining sofa couch is adjustable and can recline to almost a horizontal position. It can be set up in less than three minutes without any tools. To recline fully, pull the switch on the recliner lightly and enjoy your time on this comfortable set of recliner chairs, loveseat, and three-seat recliner couch.
- Easy to assemble
- High-density sponge offers comfort
- Fits easily through the door
- Easy reclining mechanism
- Has a wide backrest
- Not ideal if you have cats, as they can scratch and tear the upholstery
Made of 80% polyester and 20% polyurethane, this power recliner sofa exhibits breathability and is must-have upholstered furniture in your living room. It reclines 130°, has an adjustable headrest, and storage in the armrest, adding that extra comfort factor. Apart from its plush design, it also has two hidden LED lights and a built-in USB port that boasts functionality.
- Power reclining sofa
- Comfortable scoop seating
- Padded upholstery
- Built-in USB port
- Power headrests
- Needs power backup
- Slightly pricey
Made of Polyester and PVC, this power reclining sofa adds style to your living room. With 100% top grain leather, it has a soft adjustable headrest where you can recline comfortably. It has metal-reinforced seats for better general durability. It requires assembly and comes with a power cord.
- Dual-sided power reclining
- One-touch control
- Includes USB port and power control
- High resilience foam cushion
- Genuine top grain leather
- May not be very durable
Made of high-quality artificial leather, this recliner sofa bed has a foldable middle arm and two cupholders. The seat cushion is sturdy and durable to use. This home recliner couch can be quickly converted into a guest bed for visitors by reclining the backrest and removing the armrest.
- Easy to assemble
- Multifunctional usage
- Superior quality material
- Iron legs
- Needs maintenance if light colors are chosen
Made of durable bonded leather upholstery, the back cushions and armrests are overstuffed. This traditional recliner made for big families or groups requires minor assembly. Showcasing fine-grain wood and ultra-soft fabric, this extra-large reclining furniture can comfortably seat up to six people.
- Suitable for large families
- Great comfort
- Added comfort with overstuffed back cushion and armrest
- Minor assembly required
- Takes up space
Made of high-quality PU, high-density foam, and pocket comfort coil spring, this reclining loveseat comes with plush armrests, padded seatbacks, and headrests. It has cup holders and a storage compartment, adding to the comfort factor. The overall quality and make of this loveseat suits any living room.
- Has cup holders and a storage compartment
- High-quality material
- Comfortable reclining
- Suitable for living room
- PU fabric may not be as durable
Made of high-quality faux leather, overstuffed padding, and leather surface fabric, this power recliner sofa provides good breathability. The electric reclining motion makes it easy to operate this chair and suitable for all age groups. The sturdy pine wood frame and heavy-duty steel mechanism provide extra support.
- Deep-cushioned comfort
- Power recliner
- Easily operable by elders and children
- Comes with a USB charging port
Made of high-quality leather, this recliner sofa has plush back cushions and padded arms. The reclining mechanism provides great neck and lumbar support for relaxation and comfort. Whether you are watching TV or working on your laptop, this piece of upholstered furniture is one you would like to add to your living room.
- Soft upholstery
- Recessed levers
- Contemporary design
- Assembling it could be tricky
Made of 100% top-grain leather and faux leather, this power reclining sofa has a chic nailhead trim for style and an ottoman for enhanced comfort. It has a USB charging port, and a power cord included. It has a high back and adjustable headrests, plus a seat cushion that provides a feel of modern luxury.
- Comfortably sized
- Convenient USB port
- Luxurious look
- Suitable for living room
- Reclining function may get damaged if used roughly
Made of faux leather, this elegant reclining sofa has padded seat cushions and armrests. The sofa provides high-quality craftsmanship with great comfort and durability. It has a curved base adding a stunning look and feel to your living room. This recliner sofa is sturdy, easy-to-assemble, and offers great back support.
- Deeply padded seat cushions and armrests
- Seats three people comfortably
- Suitable for any room
- Easy assembly
- No armrest for the middle seat
Made of easy-care fabric, this durable reclining sofa features a contemporary design. It has storage for pillows, blankets, etc. and blends flawlessly with any interior decor. This sectional reclining sofa provides many ways to put your feet up and just relax. It is ideal for small rooms, apartments, and dorms, too.
- Built-in storage
- Stylish design
- Great durability
- Ideal for small rooms
- Could get stained easily
How To Choose The Right Reclining Sofa?
Keep the following points in mind while shopping for a reclining sofa.
- Material of the recliner can affect its durability and level of comfort. Amongst the many varieties, blended upholstery is quite popular. Other options include polyester, PVC, PU, genuine leather, and top-grain leather.
- The stronger the frame, the longer the sofa could last. Sofa frames are usually manufactured using plywood, hardwood, and metal.
- Reclining feature could be manual, which means you have to pull the lever, or electric, which means a press of a button is all you need to put your feet up and relax.
What Are The Upholstery Options?
Upholstery could be made of one of the following, with each having its advantages and disadvantages.
- Polyester: It tops the list of popular fabric choices for sofas. It is quite durable than other natural fibers and is also low maintenance. One of the main advantages is it is water and stain-resistant.
- Polyvinyl chloride: PVC is economical and popularly used in reclining sofas, but the material has low durability. However, it is waterproof, stain-resistant, and does not get damaged due to exposure to liquids that can harm leather upholstered furniture.
- Polyurethane: PU is a non-toxic, synthetic faux leather upholstery option. It is also waterproof and stain-resistant, and far more durable than PVC. It can resist punctures and is more durable than PVC.
- Genuine leather: It is the lowest-grade real leather. It is often made from leftover scraps of leather from various other leather products. It is stronger than PU but less strong compared to higher grades of leather. It does suffer damage when exposed to liquids.
- Top grain leather: It is the high-end leather commonly used for premium furniture upholstery. It is durable and quite stiff throughout. It is water and stain-resistant, but constant exposure to harmful liquids can damage it.
Tips To Maintain Your Recliner Sofa
Recliner sofas can add a touch of elegance and style to your living room while offering great comfort. Maintaining them well will allow you to enjoy them for several years and fetch you a better value for money. Here is how you can take care of your recliner sofa.
- If you have pets, then it is always suggested to buy covers to protect the sofa’s material for longevity. The cleaning process also becomes easy with covers.
- Covers in vibrant colors and designs can help give an instant makeover to your living room space.
- Dusting and airing of recliner sofas prevent dust and moisture from settling in. Also, remember not to air the cushions in the sun if they are made of leather.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does a reclining sofa make one lazy?
No, a sofa cannot make you lazy. A reclining sofa can be relaxing and help you relieve your stress and make you feel more rejuvenated to carry on with your next task of the day.
- How to be sure my sofa and recliner are comfortable?
Check for various factors like seat depth, height, softness, and material to know what kind of comfort that particular sofa recliner provides.
- Can I sleep on a recliner?
Recliners can be used for naps and not sleeping overnight. It’s always advised to check your comfort level if you plan to sleep on a recliner for a longer duration.
Recliner sofas provide a great amount of comfort. They come at a price, but when chosen well and maintained properly, they can offer comfort and relaxation for years, making them worth the price. Choose cautiously, weigh all the factors, and then decide to get the best value for your money.