A remote control toy can provide your child with a sense of control and improve their motor and cognitive skills. Therefore, to reward your little one for crossing a major milestone, you can pick from this list of the best remote control toys for kids. These toys keep them entertained and remove their boredom. The toys also let the children play with their friends or siblings, thus multiplying their happiness greatly.
Below is our list of best-selling and tried-and-tested toys to help you choose the right one suitable for your children. Whether it is their birthday, Christmas, or any occasion, you will find toys to gift them anytime.
30 Best Remote Control Toys For Kids In 2023
This colorful and cute RC race car is designed for children over 18 months. It features realistic audio effects and flashing headlights to keep your child engaged. It also comes with removable driver figurines that sit snugly on the driver’s seat. The steering-wheel shaped remote features only 2 buttons to go forward or reverse, making it easy to cover a great area.
- 3 removable driver figurines
- Outstanding controls
- Made of non-toxic plastic
- No sharp corners
- Soft antenna
- Doesn’t include batteries for the car or the remote control
If you are looking for a remote control car for your child, you might want to consider this one. It is sturdy and durable, water-resistant, and shock-proof as well. The tires of the remote-controlled car are made tough with an irregular pattern so that it can cruise through different terrains like small roads, grass, tracks, and sandy land with ease. It uses a powerful motor and can maneuver forward and backward. The remote can control the heavy-duty vehicle toy from a distance of 50 to 80 meters. This toy also comes with 2 rechargeable batteries for the car. This video helps you know more about this enjoyable product.
- High-quality tires
- Long-distance remote control
- 4 GHz wireless receiver
- Strong torque motor
- Made of non-toxic plastic
- It takes about 90 minutes to charge the car.
It’s never too early to start introducing words and numbers to your little one. Once your baby turns six months old, you can introduce them to this tried-and-trusted remote-control toy. Designed after a real remote control for our T.V., it features 10 colorful buttons that can help your child understand the basics of colors, shapes, and numbers. It also features a volume button that can be increased or reduced. It comes with 45 sing-along songs, melodies, phrases, and other sound effects to stimulate your child’s cognitive development.
- Interactive keypad
- Automatic shut-off
- Rollerball in the remote
- The buttons light up when music is playing.
- Realistic buttons allow the child to pretend-surf channels.
- Some of the songs appear as though it encourages a child to watch T.V.
- The batteries need to be changed often.
If your children are looking for a personal mini butler of their own, this will arguably be one of the best remote control toys you can get for them. Your child and his or her new best friend, “MiBro”, can go on adventures and get into loads of mischief together. MiBro is loaded with crazy sound effects and can sneak up on someone to scare them. You can also use its microphone to listen to someone else’s conversations. The best part is that it can also carry lightweight items from one room to another. Check out this product testing video by a reviewer to know more about this tried-and-trusted wireless control robot.
- Comes with sound effects and 50 functions
- Can carry up to 400 gm
- Rotatable arms
- Comes with a miniature football and net
- Batteries are not included.
This remote-controlled car can zig zag away from one room to another in ease. The 2-joystick remote control makes it easy to control the direction of the car, whether it is going left, right, forward, or backward. The LED headlights function like those of a real car, and the 27 MHz controller makes the car travel at 8-10 mph. Due to its sturdy tires, the advanced ride can glide smoothly over rough terrains, including a thick carpet.
- Easy-to-control joystick
- Made of durable and non-toxic ABS plastic
- Flexible wheels
- Smooth surface and round edges
- The car makes a loud noise when turning.:
Earth moving machines are quite popular with both children and adults. Due to its sheer size, it demands a captivated audience. It’s time to bring home a miniature excavator the whole family can enjoy. This RC Construction vehicle rotates 360° and features a control bucket, a control boom, and a control stick. It also comes with realistic sound effects that make it seem like you are in a real field or the mines. The digging arm is equipped with 3 separate motors, and the excavator itself can move in any direction. Additionally, the cab turns in a 680° direction.
- 1:14 scale
- Looks like a real excavator
- Heavy rubber track tires
- 4 GHz transmitter
- Includes a rechargeable battery for the truck
- It takes 80 minutes to charge.
- It only offers 20 minutes of playtime from a single charge.
Are you looking for the best remote control toys? If yes, you should take a look at this 4-wheel drive. A stunt master of its own right, it can perform tricks like turning, spinning, and flipping. It can rotate 360° both clockwise and anti-clockwise and can also perform 180° flips on both sides. One of the fastest remote control cars, it runs at 12 km/hr. Its TRP tires with vacuum design allow it to tread bumpy paths and climb slopes at a 45° angle.
- 4 GHz anti-interference remote control
- Made of non-toxic ABS plastic
- Anti-crash tires
- Double side running
- The batteries for both the car and the remote control are not included.
If you are raising a prankster, this is probably one of the best remote control toys for your child. This entertaining “Turbo Bot” has many tricks up its sleeve. It can dance, drift, and spin while listening to your commands. Yes, it understands 5 unique phrases and records your voice too. When you’re bored, you can ask the Turbo Bot to crack you up with some witty jokes.
- 2 speed settings
- Comes with more than 60 sounds and functions
- It can playback a 10 second message
- It automatically changes direction when faced with an obstacle.
- No volume control
- Not safe for children under 3 years of age.
Gear yourself for endless fun with your little one, as this S107 mini remote-controlled helicopter is touted to be the best toy helicopters in the world. One can expect superior precision control as it features the latest gyro-system technology. Its sturdy metal frame allows it to take hits and crashes, without affecting the body or the performance. Its 3-channel infrared control makes it travel in all directions. It also features a colorful flashing light, making it suitable to fly at night.
- Easy to control
- 2 frequencies
- Tough metal material
- Upgraded metal frame
- Auto stability
- Wide infrared control
- The flight time is only 5 minutes on a single charge.
If your child enjoys nature and the wonderful outdoors more than cars or toys with wheels, this remote control tarantula is as good as the real thing. It moves like a real tarantula, and its eyes light up. The infrared remote control allows your child to move the tarantula’s legs and move it from one place to another. The remote control itself is designed to look like a rock and is easy to control.
- Wireless controller
- Realistic movements
- Red LED light-up eyes
- Built-in universal wheel rotation
- The tarantula may not move smoothly on a thick carpet.
A stunt car like no other, this remote control car can perform exciting spins and wheelies on single tires. Its 360° spinning front axle allows it to do fantastic flips to the glee of your children. It also lights up and is incredibly fast. While playing with this remote control vehicle, you can also enjoy its sound effects that add to the fun.
- 10 m controller range
- The music can be turned off
- 30 minutes of playing time
- USB rechargeable car
- Charging takes up to 120 minutes.
- The adapter is not included.
Making a paper boat with your children and watching it float down a narrow stream will perhaps never lose its charm. However, a high-speed remote control boat with high-end features like this one is a novelty in itself. Its advanced water-cooling engine technology and large prop motor make the remote-operated boat sail across the water at more than 20 mph. The capsize recovery button makes the wireless control sailboat flip instantly if it is facing upside down.
- Double hatch
- LCD screen remote
- Comes with a 4-channel remote with 120 meter signal range.
- The handheld remote has an emergency stop button.
- Includes a dry dock stand and an extra propeller.
- Not ideal for saltwater lakes or rivers.
- The playing time is only 8 minutes and charging takes 2 hours.
Whether it’s the sidewalk in front of your house, a grassland, a rocky road, or a bumpy path full of irregular shaped pebbles, no terrain will stop this radio-controlled off-road vehicle truck from reaching its destination. The many screws in this car ensures durability and stability, and this toy comes with a direction spinner on the bottom, which automatically adjusts the car when it is not going in a straight path. Each of the 4 wheels come with an independent suspension spring, making the car run smoothly. It boasts of high-friction even on the most difficult terrains and has a strong skid-resistance. The remote controller works on 2.4 GHz and is compatible with many cars in one go.
- Available in 3 colors
- 100 meter remote distance
- Strong climbing ability
- 15 km/hr
- Anti-slip rubber tires made of high-quality PVC
- Charging the toy can take up to 3 hours.
It’s a glorious time to be alive as our Smartphones can do almost anything for us, yes, even help us fly a paper airplane. One of the most simplistic Smartphone-controlled toys, this one is also an award-winning conversion kit. It is crash-resistant and can take your paper plane to 180 feet away from you. It functions via Bluetooth, and your phone doubles up as a remote control to swerve your paper plane from left to right, or fly it up and bring it down. The kit includes a Bluetooth module, a spare rudder and propeller, and a crossbar. So, no matter the type of paper plane you design, this Smartphone-controlled toy will soar to new heights every day.
- Controls are easy to use
- Nitro for extra power
- Free template downloads
- Includes 4 sheets of template paper
- Comprehensive guide
- The flight time is 10 minutes.
Double the fun in your children’s play hour with this set of 2 bumper cars. Your children can play a race to the finish and bump their remote-controlled cars into each other to get their opponent out of the way. It also comes with 2 wireless remote controllers. However, the red car runs at 27 MHz while the green at 40 MHz. When the cars collide, the driver figurine pops out from his seat.
- Built-in crash sounds
- Doesn’t skid easily
- Easy to use controllers
- Different frequencies on different cars
- Does not include batteries.
Bring home a piece of the future with this wireless bounce car for endless fun, games, and entertainment for the whole family. This car for kids rolls around on the floor, and it can also jump 31.5 inches high. As it moves, exciting sounds and lights accompany it. It can spin 90°, 180°, and 360°, all within a second. It can also go forward, backward, left and right like a pro, and the wheels are extendable.
- Shock-proof wheels
- Bionic boot
- Night light
- 180° flip
- Multiple cars can be used at the same time.
- The controller is not up to the mark.
One look at this remote controller toy will have you convinced that it is built to last. It comes with a unique feature, which allows one to transform from an on-road to off-road mode. The front and rear dual motors provide a powerful torque that makes this 4-wheel car move seamlessly in any terrain. Its unibody construction protects the car from crashing or any sort of collision. The remote control runs on 2.4 GHz frequency and has a non-jamming function. It also comes with a high-capacity rechargeable battery pack.
- Non-slip tires with shock-proof gaskets
- 15-20 km/hr
- The bionic spine transforms the car easily.
- It can be used for 30 minutes on a single charge.
- The car has 2 transformational modes.
- It takes 150 minutes to charge the car.
A perfect confluence of durability, speed, and style, this RC monster truck will blow your mind away. This radio-controlled toy also features front and rear dual motors that provide a powerful force to conquer tough terrains like muddy roads and sandy trails along with a grassland and a beach. It comes with 2 rechargeable batteries, and each battery makes the car run for about 45 minutes when fully charged.
- The car is anti-interference
- 4 GHz radio controller
- Comes with shock absorbers
- Anti-slip tires
- Made of high-quality ABS plastic
- Rechargeable batteries
- It doesn’t come with batteries for the controller.
If you are on the hunt for realistic remote control dinosaur toys for your budding paleontologist, this entertaining LED light-up dinosaur won’t let you down. The dinosaur’s tongue, eyes, and spikes in its back, light up with every movement it makes, and it also lets out a roaring sound. The rock-shaped controller allows the user to make the dinosaur walk and shake its head.
- It can also fight and dance.
- The lights and sounds can’t be turned off when playing with the dinosaur.
Take this ultra-cool remote control car for a test-drive on a tiled or cemented floor, a wooden floor, or a low-pile carpet, and prepare to be surprised at how smoothly it runs on any indoor surface.
The high-speed remote control race car can speed up to 12 km/hr and can turn left, right, go forward, and reverse in style. It can also drift like a real car, and the 27 MHz controller is easy to use. The sleek and compact controller fits into a child’s hand perfectly, making it easy to maneuver the car in any direction. When the car moves forward, the headlights light up in the darkness.
- Loaded with LED lights
- Made of ABS plastic which prevents scratching
- Anti-slip tires
- High-speed drifting
- Up to 45ft remote range
- It may not run smoothly on thick carpets.
One of the most exciting small remote control toys for boys and girls, this cyclone car is 360° rotational and can perform some wild flips. This 2-sided car is ideal for off-road driving and can go full throttle as well. It comes with tough and durable tires, which makes it easy to flip, whirl, and spin the car. As it moves, it also flashes with bright lights. When you choose the “Cyclone Mode”, the car can perform some cool tricks and rumble on both sides. By charging the toy for just 15 minutes, you can enjoy 17 full minutes of undiluted fun!
- LED lights
- Compact and lightweight
- Internal rechargeable battery
- 4 GHz remote control
- Includes a USB cable for charging
- As it turns and moves too quickly, some children may find it difficult to control.
One of the best remote control cars for 6-year-old boys and girls, this monster truck can glide over any indoor or outdoor surface with ease. Not only can it climb rocky land, roll through mud, sand, and grass, but it can surf over water too. If that isn’t impressive, we don’t know what is. It features a 4-wheel gear, which allows it to perform ultra-cool 180° flips and rotate 360°. Upgraded with anti-interference technology, the remote control now has a 200 feet range. The car for kids also comes with a long-lasting rechargeable battery.
- Made of non-toxic ABS plastic
- Tough rubber wheels
- Gun-style remote control
- It takes about 2 hours to recharge the car.
Another remote-controlled monster truck that’s built to last, it is outfitted with tough BKT tires and chassis, which makes it look like a real truck. It is decked with highly-realistic details like eye-catching graphics and gigantic tires. With this monster truck, you can also perform killer stunts like donuts, cyclones, big air, and many more. It comes with a controller that’s easy to use and allows you to control up to 6 trucks. With its 2.4 GHz frequency, you can make these 6 trucks wander off up to 250 feet.
- Authentic replica
- Realistic details
- Dual-joystick controller
- The batteries drain quickly.
Make your little one’s dreams of adventure come true with this waterproof and amphibious RC car that can surf in any depth, acting as an endless source of fun and joy. With a playing time of around 60 minutes, the car for kids is equipped with two upgraded USB rechargeable batteries for easy revival. Its interface is simplified for children and has anti-interference buttons to make sure you don’t hit a snag while having a great time. Ideal for toddlers in the age range of 3 to 12 years, this durable and entertaining toy will keep children engaged for long periods of time.
- Features sealed protection
- Allows you to perform stunts
- Comes with an air pump
- Has an indicator light
- Includes an extra battery
- Changing batteries might be slightly tedious
Have you ever caught your child trying to move objects with the power of telekinesis? If yes, this smart robot may help his or her dream come true. This miniature robot performs tricks and moves around with the help of a remote controller, which also has buttons to play music and turn the in-built lights on. However, a unique feature of this remote control toy robot is that it can sense hand gestures. The gesture sensor makes it move left, right, back, and front. Yes, you can beckon the robot to come forward with your hands, and voila, it will move towards you! It is equipped with collision detection sensors, which helps the robot figure out if there is an obstacle near it.
- 50 programmable actions
- Record and playback option
- Volume control
- USB rechargeable
- The eyes light up when it moves.
- Some of the programmed songs may be suitable for much younger kids.
Enjoy a fun and thrilling day out with your kids while watching this remote control racing ship zip through water. It is a double hatched high-speed boat, which is also double sealed and keeps the water out. The ergonomically designed remote controller fits in a child’s hand snugly and makes it easy to control the boat’s speed and direction. Even when the RC speedboat turns upside-down, its capsize recovery function makes it turn back up.
- 4 GHz frequency controller
- 180° turnover
- Propeller turns on only when in water
- LED display screen on the remote
- The instructions are hard to follow.
This mini drone packs a mountain of fun and is easy to navigate with its controller’s help. Yes, with 1 simple key, this wireless-controlled quadcopter can take off like a pro. Owing to its sleek design and lightweight, it can even fly through tight spaces and corners. With its Headless Mode button, you need not even worry about which direction the mini drone is facing. With the touch of a button, the drone will fly mirroring the orientation of the controller. With the 3D flip button, you can make the mini drone perform cool 360° tumbling tricks. As it moves, it can also leave a trail of blue and green lights.
- 1 key return button
- 3 speed settings
- LED indicator
- 164 ft range
- This drone may require registration at The Federal Aviation Administration, even if it is for hobby purposes.
- Children under 14 need constant supervision when playing with this drone.
A remote control car should be enjoyed to the fullest extent, both indoors and outdoors. Your child can race this RC stunt car on your living room floor, take it for a spin on the lawn, trudge a sandy road, or climb a rocky mountain road. It can reach up to 12 km/hr, and aside from going forward, backward, turn left, and right, it can also pull off some fantastic 180° flipping stunts. The vacuum rubber tires enhance its ability to climb slopes at a 45° angle.
- Rotates 360°
- Comes with 2 powerful motors
- Made of high-quality ABS plastic
- It takes about 3 hours to recharge the toy.
Let your child’s first flying experience come in the form of this remote-controlled airplane. Easy to control and assemble, you can now make a million happy memories with this airplane. The 2.4 GHz remote control allows the user to fly the plane accurately for up to 200 meters. Built with a 3-axis gyroscope system, the airplane stays stable during the entire duration of the flight.
- 15 minute flight time
- Comes with detailed instructions
- Includes a USB charging cable
- The glue is not included.
This 4-wheel drive is not only designed to look like a real truck, but it is fully functional as well. It moves left, right, forward, and backward, and also comes with a dump bed that moves up and down. Loaded with realistic LED headlights, top lights, tail lights, and sounds. With its high-frequency remote control, you can play with many trucks at one go and make it move up to 100 meters. As it is powered by a 400 mAh rechargeable battery, it offers up to 20 minutes of playing time.
- Automatic pairing
- Made of ABS plastic
- Mute button
- May be slightly noisy
How To Choose The Right Remote Control Toys?
Here’s a handy buying guide detailing a few things you should consider when buying a remote-controlled toy for your child.
- Safety: Before buying a remote control toy, ensure that you are buying an age-appropriate one. Some of these toys come with small, removable parts, which may potentially be a choking hazard. You should also look for a toy with smooth surfaces and no sharp corners or edges. Invest in a toy that is non-toxic and made of high-quality materials.
- Durability: Remote control toys are designed to move in all directions and, due to this, are prone to crashing into things. Keeping this in mind, buy something that would stand the test of time, or instruct your children to be extremely gentle with their toys (but, where’s the fun in that?).
- Battery life: With remote control toys, battery life seems to be a major issue. They can take hours to recharge and only offer about 15 minutes of playing time. However, it is wise to purchase a toy that comes with a rechargeable battery.
- Anti-interference: As soon as your children get their hands on a remote control toy, they would want to take it for a spin and show it to their friends. However, it’s easy to lose control of the toy, and that is why anti-inference is extremely important.
- Remote control: Choose a toy with a controller that has at least a 2.4 GHz frequency. Another thing to keep in mind is the make and size of the remote control. It shouldn’t be so large that your child can’t even hold it, and the lesser the buttons on the control, the easier it will be for the child to learn how to control the toy.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is a trained writer and reviewer who holds a special interest in selecting the most loved toys and games for kids. She understands the requirements and preferences of parents and has ensured a thorough web search while compiling this list of remote control toys for kids. These time-tested toys help promote motor skill development and fun learning in children. Check out our list and buying guide to choose an age-appropriate toy for your little one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can a three-year-old use an RC car?
Yes, a three-year-old can use an RC car with simple features and one that holds their interest. Look for RC cars with functional headlights, adjustable speed, and a two- or three-channel remote control.
2. At what age can children play with remote-control cars?
Children above two years old can play with remote-control cars with basic features. Always look for features according to your child’s age.
3. Can I carry a remote-control car on a plane?
You may carry a remote-control car on a plane inside your checked luggage if the battery is securely attached to the car.
4. What is the use of an RC car?
Children can play with an RC car alone or compete with others. It is one of the best ways to instill healthy competition in your child. Moreover, playing with an RC can improve their fine motor skills.
5. Are RC cars popular?
As technology advances, RC cars with exciting features such as dual motors, four-wheel gears, and non-slip tires with shock-proof gaskets are becoming increasingly popular among children of all ages.
6. Can I control my RC car with my phone?
Yes, if your RC car comes with a Bluetooth feature, you can control it with your phone.
Cars fascinate children, and when you give your little ones a remote-controlled toy car, you can expect their imagination to take wings. These toys help develop your children’s motor skills and hand-eye coordination. When choosing one for your little one, ensure it is made of durable material and has a rechargeable battery. Also, ensure the remote is easy to use and rightly sized for your little one’s hands. For toddlers, we recommend the educational and interactive VTech Click And Count Remote. In the robot category, the Really R.A.D Robots Interactive Remote Control Robot is recommended due to its advanced features. Among the vehicular toys, the Monster Jam Megalodon Remote Control Monster Truck stands out for its graphic design and realistic details. However, you should ensure that the toy car or remote does not have sharp edges or pose a choking hazard.
Infographic: Buying Guide For Remote Control Toys
A remote-controlled toy can be a unique gift for a curious child. The mystery behind the toy moving via signals, the workings of the batteries, and the different controls can keep a child occupied and entertained for hours. However, you need to consider various factors to find a suitable toy. Follow the infographic below to learn how to choose the right toy.