A ride-on toy is one that the child can mount and ride around. It could be a rocking horse, a kid truck, or a tricycle. Children usually love to play with these toys, as it would give them a sense of freedom and confidence.
A ride-on toy may also help the child learn to balance, develop fine motor skills, and be physically active. So, why not gift your child a ride-on toy for their birthday, Christmas, or some other special occasion? To help you pick the best, MomJunction brings you this post on the best ride-on toys for toddlers.
20 Best Ride-on Toys For Toddlers
If you want your kid to have realistic driving experience, then try out this push car by Step2. It can be used as a stroller that you can push while holding the handle, as well as a ride-on that your child can scoot and ride.
- Movable steering wheel and a honking horn.
- Safety belt.
- Dual cup holder on the dashboard and one near the handle.
- Spacious storage space under the hood.
- Easy-to-fold push handle for the parent.
- Maximum carry on weight is 50lb.
- Assembling could be difficult.
- The wheels may rattle.
Your little one would love to go on a backyard adventure in this little truck. It is self-propelling to give them the confidence to ride along and is also easy to start and stop.
- Removable floorboard.
- Dropdown toll gate.
- Working horn and steering
- Realistic design with front grill.
- 360° spinning wheels, rugged for off-road use
- Storage space.
- With no handle, parental control might be difficult.
- Getting in and out may not be smooth.
Available in four different colors, this realistic truck could be a hit with your child. It has many features that would give them the feel of riding in a giant truck and could make a good gift for their birthday or Christmas.
- Adjustable seat belts.
- Manual and remote control.
- 14-inch traction wheels with spring suspension.
- An AUX outlet to listen to music.
- Speed limited to 3.75mph.
- Parental control over speed.
- Battery replacement could be tedious.
Is your child into simulation play? If yes, then this sand excavator might be just what they need to pretend play the construction game. This unique toy can be a great addition to your backyard, beach, or your sandbox. It is recommended for children aged three years and above.
- Sturdy, all-metal parts.
- Dual hands control.
- Easy to grip handles.
- Wide base for stability.
- Durable rubber wheels.
- Smooth edged plastic seat that rotates 360°
- Younger kids may not understand the operation.
- Might need adult supervision.
Be it in a park or inside the house, your toddler could have fun pushing and playing around with this toy. Recommended for toddlers, this wooden bike might help in developing their muscle strength.
- Ideal for younger kids.
- Made using eco-friendly materials.
- Durable and safe.
- Rubberized wheels for smooth movement.
- Easy to assemble.
- Attractive colors and appealing design.
- Seat height cannot be adjusted.
- Toddler’s feet might get overrun by the back wheels.
Surprise your little one on their birthday with this realistically designed truck. This comes close to a real truck with different features and five different colors. It is recommended for children three years and above.
- Manual and parental control.
- Adjustable seat belt.
- Traction tires.
- Spring suspension system.
- Built-in AUX outlet.
- Speed limited to 2.8mph.
- Battery may not be durable.
- Some may not find it worth the money.
If you are looking for a ride-on toy that can grow with your child, then pick this Pewi Walking Ride from YBike. Its unique design serves a dual purpose. Recommended from ages nine months to three years, this interesting yet simple bike comes in red, blue, and pink colors.
- Can be used as a walker and a ride-on bike.
- Easy to assemble.
- Sturdy design with easy-to-grip handles.
- Wheels can rotate in 360°.
- Lightweight, durable aluminum frame.
- Molded plastic seat with soft foam.
- Might lose balance on rough surfaces.
- Younger children may find it difficult to control the wheels.
This cute Mickey Mouse ride-on has features that your little one would love to explore. It has a sleek airplane design with realistic features, along with your child’s favorite cartoon characters Mickey and Donald.
- Mickey Mouse march song and other delightful music.
- Push buttons to play start and stop sounds.
- Front-wheel rotates 360° for multidirectional movement.
- Textured wheels suitable indoors and outdoors.
- Rear handle for parental control.
- Bumper to prevent tripping backward.
- Could be too small for kids above one year.
- Children might try to hold the propeller while in action and hurt themselves.
This uniquely designed ride-on toy could be a good addition to your toddler’s toy collection. This functional tractor could be one of the best toys to pretend play construction work It also comes with a helmet and two rocks that let your kid have some real-world experience, and also pose for some cool pictures.
- Removable digger.
- Handle to control the digger up and down.
- Under-seat storage.
- Rotating driver’s cab.
- Horn and engine sounds.
- Adjustable volume.
- The arm only moves up and down.
- Some younger kids might find it tough to move the handle.
Available in three exciting colors, this three-in-one ride-on is said to help your child through all their developmental stages. It can be transformed from a stroller to a walker to a ride-on and is recommended for children of 24 months and above.
- Protective side rails.
- A backboard to prevent tripping.
- A secure and detachable handle.
- Side platform for resting the feet.
- Built-in compartment for storage.
- ASTM safety certified.
- Quality could be an issue for some.
- Lacks a seat belt.
With a two-person seating, this land rover ride-on would give your children the feel of driving a real car. This ride-on toy comes with realistic design and many fun features for your kids to have a great time. This might make a good birthday gift or a Christmas present.
- Four-wheel suspension and treaded tires.
- Manual as well as remote controls.
- Rear handle to lift and pull the truck.
- AUX input for playing music.
- Seat belts for safety.
- Storage space in the trunk.
- Battery durability could be an issue.
- Does not turn left or right.
The multipurpose scooter stays with your child as they grow. With a kid-friendly face and soothing colors, this cute little scooter might win your little one’s heart. It is recommended for kids up to the age of three years.
- Convertible from a walker to a ride-on toy to a scooter.
- Seat can be converted into a storage unit.
- Adjustable handle to suit your growing child’s height.
- Press buttons for headlights and music.
- More leg space for scooting.
- May not be ideal for outdoor use.
Looking for a simple ride-on toy for your toddler? Then this Pinball Ride-on from Kiddieland could just be what you need. With attractive colors, this toy has elements that might impress your little one.
- Dual-purpose walker and scooter.
- Interactive dashboard for sounds and music.
- Under-seat storage space.
- Textured wheels for a smooth ride.
- Side bumper to prevent tripping.
- Rear handle to push.
- No volume control.
- Needs battery replacement.
If you need a ride-on toy that is quick to assemble, then here is one such product for you. The Amazing Tech Depot ride-on car makers claim that it can be assembled within 15 minutes. The traditional design and the bright color could be quite appealing for young kids.
- Can be used as a walker as well as a ride-on.
- Push buttons for lights and music.
- Single power on switch.
- Rear bumper and a handle.
- Textured wheels for better grip.
- Some might find it too small.
- No volume control button.
Your child would adore this one-of-a-kind sports car model. It comes in four different colors and looks quite close to a real sports car. It has both manual and remote-controlled modes.
- Stylish design.
- Functional horn and LED headlights.
- One push power-up button.
- MP3 and AUX player.
- Pedal accelerator.
- Safety belts.
- Some may find the steering wheel heavy.
- For some, it could be hard to assemble.
With a sleek and stylish design, this ATV is close to the real deal. It also comes in three different attractive color choices. If your child likes some rough designs, then this could be one of the best ride-on toys for them.
- Forward/ reverse controls.
- Two-speed selections.
- AUX outlet with the cable for playing music.
- Four-wheel suspension.
- Rechargeable battery.
- Large treaded wheels ideal for rough surfaces.
- Some children may get confused by the two speeds.
- Some might find it not so durable.
If your child is a fan of the famous TV show Paw Patrol, then this ride-on toy might just become his favorite toy. With friendly faces and bright colors, this toy has many features allowing your child to pretend play their favorite TV show.
- Two variants to choose from.
- Easy touch buttons on the handles to play music and sounds.
- Removable walkie-talkie.
- Fire ladder-shaped push handle.
- Under-seat storage.
- Wide tires.
- May be too small for some children.
- Can move only forward.
- Stability could be an issue.
Want to give your child a real-life fireman experience? Then, try this cool ride-on toy from Kidsclub. It is said to have realistic features and works great indoors as well as outdoors.
- Manual and remote-controlled.
- Spring suspension front and rear wheels.
- Simulated firefighter equipment.
- Seat belt.
- Double lockable door.
- Both sides open and close doors.
- Some children might find it hard to control the speed.
- Durability could be an issue.
Yet another luxury model car, this sweet ride might just be the perfect gift for your child’s birthday. With close to the real design and cool features, this ride-on car has dual functionality. It is recommended for children aged two to five years.
- Reliable electric brake system.
- Maximum speed limited from two to four mph.
- Long-range parental remote control.
- Zero maintenance foam tires.
- Integrated MP3 Player
- Spring shock suspension.
- Some might feel it is not value for money.
- Younger children may not be able to control the speed.
This ride-on is simple yet appealing for toddlers. The attractive school bus design might draw your little one’s attention. It also has kid-friendly features for your child to have fun.
- Wide wheels for extra stability.
- Colorful graphics all over the body.
- Under-seat storage space.
- Real horn and whimsical music effects.
- Easy-to-push buttons.
- Some may find it too small.
- No push handle.
What to Look for When Buying A Ride-on Toy For A Toddler?
Here are a few aspects while choosing a ride-on toy for your child.
- Age: Ride-on toys are of two types: the first type is where the child needs to scoot to move forward, and the second is powered by batteries. Choose the one that is appropriate for your child.
- Safety: Read all the safety features before selecting a ride-on toy. Make sure the toy is equipped with safety features like safety belts, sturdy structure, etc.
- Grows with the child: You could consider buying some of the multipurpose ride-on toys that can be used as a walker as well as a scooter. This way, you can avoid purchasing multiple toys throughout their growing years.
- Right size: Choose a ride-on toy that is suitable for your child’s height and weight. The ones with an adjustable handle might come in handy when your child grows in height.
- Interest: There are a number of ride-on toys with different themes and structures. Choose the one that is likely to draw your child’s attention.
[ Read : Babyhug Fun N Learn Ride-On Review ]
A ride-on toy could become a long-term companion for your child. Your child may learn to ride or scoot with this toy. They would also like to carry it wherever they go and have hours of fun with all their buddies. Moreover, these toys can be expensive. So, pick the best ride-on toy that can last a long time and get value for your money while entertaining your children.