The one thing you wouldn’t want to find inside your kitchen and other parts of the house is a roach. The best roach killer can let you eliminate these insects and get your home in order.
Cockroaches are filthy insects that multiply fast and infest every part of the house. Before you know it, their numbers increase, leaving everything dirty. In this post, we have listed some tried-and-tested roach killers. These are the best-selling options that are trending the most in the market. Choose a reliable one to keep your house free of these pests.
15 Best Roach Killers
The Ortho home defense insect killer kills ants, roaches, spiders, and many other insects. This long-lasting bug barrier comes with a comfort wand that makes pumping easy and fatigue-free. The killer insecticide spray provides continuous protection for up to 12 months and is completely odorless. If you need more convincing, feel free to take a look at this YouTuber’s product testing video on the merits and demerits of the product.
https://www.bhg.com/best-roach-killers-6743396The 5 best roach killers in 2023 https://www.insider.com/guides/home/best-roach-killer#best-roach-killer-overall-1
- Reusable wand
- Non-staining formula
- Dries out quickly
- Perfect for indoors and outdoors
- Gives one-touch continuous spray
- Can create noise while spraying
Advion cockroach gel bait is long-lasting and is available in a set of four tubes and four plungers. This killer bait gel formula is perfect for killing insects and is safe for use in sensitive outdoor and indoor areas. The product contains 0.6 % of indoxacarb, suitable for eradicating insects and pests. If you want a detailed review of the cockroach killer, watch this video.
- Non- repellant
- Easy to use
- Safe for sensitive application
- Easy to use
- Gel hardens if you leave it for a long time
The home pest spray from Max Magma is an organic pest control formula safe to use all-around your home. This powerful insecticide has a pleasant fragrance that lasts for longer. Its reliable spray formula is risk-free and lasts for up to 60 days.
- Made from natural ingredients
- Non-toxic formula
- Completely safe for your family and pets
- Terminates pests effectively
- Creates a rapid and long-lasting effect
- Gives unpleasant smell
Best Non-Staining Formula
Best Non- Repellant
Best Long-Lasting Effect
|Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer||Advion Cockroach Gel Bait||Max Magma Home Pest Spray|
|Weight||11.7 ounces||6.9 ounces||3.58 pounds|
|Dimensions||8.95 x 12 x 4.88 inches.||7.6 x 5.4 x 1.9 inches.||-|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
This tried-and-tested pest control formula with odor neutralizer can kill heavy infestation for up to two months. It creates a fine mist that penetrates deep inside the cracks, holes, and crevices where most insects can hide. This non-staining cockroach fogger does not leave any wet or messy residue. You can also check this YouTuber’s detailed review video to know more about this product.
- Neutralizes odors
- Kills hidden bugs
- Covers 2,000cu.ft.
- Controls heavy infestations
- Effective up to two months
- Fog might clog if not used properly
Known for its high-quality performance and effective results, Zap-A-Roach cockroach and ant killer is made from 100% boric acid and is specially designed to eliminate adamant pests. This insecticide is safety-tested, EPA-registered, and has a non-staining compound perfect to use on any fabric or surface.
- Safe to use
- Toxic to bugs
- Protect your home
- Kills bugs promptly
- Easy to apply and non-toxic
- Gives pungent smell
FC magnum is the newest and fastest-acting roach bait created by Maxforce. The roaches get attracted to its irresistible formulation and die through direct contact or ingestion. The premium roach killer is perfect for indoor, outdoor, commercial, and residential areas.
- Most powerful roach bait
- Easy to use
- Can last up to two years
- Gel formula is easy to apply
- May not work in dusty areas
7. Best Easy-To-Use:Bengal Gold Roach Spray
Bengal roach killer spray is a permethrin-based product that effectively eliminates cockroaches. Its unique dry spray penetrates the deep cracks and crevices and prevents the reproduction of cockroaches and insects.
- Contains Nylar
- No odor or mess
- Easy to use
- Destroys the eggs and larvae of roaches
- Prevents reinfestation for up to six months
- Unpleasant fragrance
The Black Flag roach motel traps cockroaches, water insects, worms, scorpions, and many more. This pest control works effectively for up to four months. These ready-to-use roach traps are safe to use, and they keep dead insects hidden from view.
- Safe for pets and kids
- Provides a long-term result
- Traps can turn out greasy over a period
Terro roach killer is a protein-based bait trap that attracts and kills cockroaches. These adhesive strips can be placed or attached anywhere in the house. It features a see-through window to monitor bait levels.
- Easy to use and store
- Uniquely designed
- Consists of six roach bait stations
- Adhesive strips keep the bait in place
- Might take a longer time to show results
The gel-based formula comes with a syringe applicator ideal to cover up ultra-tiny gaps. It is useful in killing different insects, including ants, roaches, and spiders. The gel-based insecticide is mess-free and is completely safe for children and pets.
- Easy to apply
- Suitable for outdoor and indoor use
- Can be applied to your electrical appliances
- Single dab of gel is enough
- Works instantly
- Gel might get too hard if kept for a long time
The quick-kill foam from Combat uses a micro-foam technology that expands into crevices and cracks where most insects hide. This fast-acting Combat roach killing bait lasts for up to ten months when used on non-porous surfaces.
- Foam dries up quickly
- Long-lasting effect
- Easily expands into hard-to-reach places
- Powerful for roaches—kills on contact
- Might not be suitable for outdoor areas
Wondercide pest control spray is a plant-based roach remedy comprising natural essential oils with no artificial color or fragrance. It is a completely biodegradable and expertly proven product. They are available in four aromatherapeutic fragrances. The liquid roach bait can be sprayed under toilets, drawers, closets, kitchens, washing rooms, holes, and cracks.
- Creates no stain
- One spray application is enough
- Safe for kids and pets
- Contains no harsh chemicals
- Not tested on animals
- Covers up the tiny cracks
- Might not provide a long-lasting effect
Natural Armour pest control consists of concentrated peppermint, clove, and vinegar that effectively kills the roaches and other insects. The trusted pest killer comes with a heavy-duty trigger sprayer that guarantees no-clog spray. This liquid insecticide is cruelty-free and completely safe for kids, pets, and the environment.
- Repels fast for up to 12 months
- Easy to use
- Made from natural ingredients
Pet- and child-safe
- Might cause staining; hence, do not use it on fabrics
Ecosmart ant and roach killer is a plant-based product consisting of natural essential oils with no artificial color. It is safe for kids, pets, and cruelty-free. The roach spray can be used in your surroundings and outside the boundaries of your residence. The chemical kills ants, spiders, bed bugs, dirt mites, roaches, and more.
- Safe for outdoor and indoor
- Kills the bugs instantly
- Can enter the hard-to-reach tiny cracks
- Eco-friendly product
- Fragrance might cause irritation
The lavender scent roach spray is specially designed for terminating roach infestations, and it provides a long-lasting effect for up to four weeks. It does not leave any wet residual toxic scent. The chemical is made from natural ingredients and is extremely safe for pets and children. You can use the roach-eradicating solution indoors and outdoors.
- Easy to apply
- Accessible to hard-to-reach places
- Single press of spray would be enough
- Leaves no lingering chemical odor
- You have to be cautious in case you have kids or pets
How To Choose The Right Roach Killer?
- Type: Based on the amount of roach infestation, choose from these three types of roach killers.
- Surface sprays: They provide long-term control and can be applied on crevices, dustbins, shelves, etc. Surface sprays attack the roach’s nerve function with synthetic pyrethroids, causing paralysis and death.
- Traps and baits: Traps and baits provide a longer roach control and are effective when used along with a surface spray. Poisonous baits contain indoxacarb that enters into the insects’ nervous system and blocks sodium channels, causing dehydration and death.
- Knock-down sprays: Knock-down sprays contain similar key active ingredients but help target a single cockroach at a time and eliminate them instantly.
- Level of toxicity: Check the product label to find the toxic level of the product. If “caution” is mentioned, they are moderately poisonous. In case “poison or dangerously poison” is mentioned, please stay away, cause even a small accident will be fatal. Several kids- and pet-friendly roach killers, such as glue papers, one-way doors, and ultrasonic repellents are less effective and safer than regular roach killing products.
- Length of efficacy: The length of efficacy defines how long the roach killer’s intensity will work before it requires a replacement. It depends on how much product you apply and how fast the active ingredients break down. Mostly, roach killers will have an efficacy period of one month to two years. Choose the product depending on large or minimal infestation.
Precautions To Take While Using Roach Killers
- Vacate the treated area after applying the roach control pesticides.
- Keep foggers away from fire or any ignition sites.
- Do not overuse foggers or spray.
- Read the warning instructions carefully before using the pesticides.
- Place the pesticides away from the reach of children and pets.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have sought out the top-rated roach killers in the market by conducting extensive research on multiple reliable online forums. These premium-quality sprays will save your precious lawns and beautiful interiors from being damaged by these harmful insects. These products are chosen after considering user reviews to ensure an unbiased opinion. We have also listed the pros and cons of each product and the features to look out for to help you easily make the right choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where should I store roach killers at home?
As a thumb rule, all roach or insect killers must be stored in a separate closed cupboard, shelf, or box which is kept away from fire, sunlight, food, body care items, and the reach of children.
2. Is roach killer safe for pets and babies?
Being potent and poisonous, no roach killer is safe for pets or babies. They are to be kept away from the roach killer containers. It’s better to shift your children and pets into another room during and a little after the spraying process to keep them away from the fumes. Clean the sprayed area thoroughly after the hunt, in case it’s accessible to pets or babies.
3. Where should I place a roach killer at home?
Cockroaches tend to reside in corners, crevices, and hidden places, so it would be ideal to place a commercial roach killer behind cabinets, refrigerators, dishwashers, or any other corners or crevices.
4. Is roach killer safe for pets and babies?
Roach killers are safe to use around pets and babies if you follow all the required precautions. Make sure that you keep it away from the reach of your children and pets after use.
Roach killers are among the most sought-after insecticides to eliminate pests such as cockroaches that can infest your home and garden. However, before you buy such a product, you should evaluate what type of roach killer your house requires. Our consumer-tested choices of the best roach killers are weather-proof, last long, and deliver seamless results. With features like non-staining formula and long-lasting bug barrier, the Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer is our best pick. For easy use, consider the Advion Cockroach Gel Bait, which comes in a gel-based formula and can be used indoors and outdoors for efficient pest control. Also, choose non-toxic products that do not emit a foul odor to avoid harming your family or pets, such as the Max Magma Home Pest Spray. Moreover, check the toxicity level of the product. With these points in mind, you can pick the best roach killer to keep your home and family safe.
Infographic: How To Use Roach Killers Safely?
Roach killers are formulated with strong chemicals and pesticides, which may be harmful to humans if ingested. Therefore, pregnant women and children must stay away from the area where the roach killer is applied. Check out the below infographics to learn more about the safe usage of roach killers.