The best rollaway beds come in handy for individuals with limited rooms or small homes, as they make sleepovers a success. And, given how comfy and portable these beds are, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have one in your house.
So, the next time someone unexpectedly stays the night at your place, your home will be ready to greet them with a soft bed. This bed would also turn sleepovers into success for your children. So, get one of the beds listed here and be ready to be the best host.
And if you are confused about choosing the right bed and want to learn more about the various types of rolling beds, we’ve got you covered. Keep scrolling.
Types of Rollaway Beds
If you want to explore different styles or benefits, here are 3 main types of rollaway beds that are available in cot, twin, or queen sizes:
Traditional: A traditional or standard rollaway bed has a metal frame platform for a sturdy base and has caster wheels for easy portability. Also, both foam mattresses and innerspring mattresses are compatible with standard rollaway beds.
Cabinet: These foldable beds roll up to look like foam cabinets, and hence the name. They are convenient, portable (with caster wheels), and hide away the mattress effortlessly to give the appearance of a cupboard.
Ottoman: If saving space is a concern, then ottoman rollaway beds can be a savior! Folding in three parts, all you have to do is throw a cover on it, and you have a make-shift ottoman to use. Also, these types of rollaway beds are cot-sized rather than queen or twin size.
Now, go on, make your guests feel at home with the best! Check out our list of the 11 best rollaway beds for your home:
Read on to know more!
11 Best Rollaway Beds
Lightweight and how? Moving this folding cot bed around the house will need no extra hands! Designed with a super-sturdy construction of stainless steel tubes and wooden slats, this rollaway bed ensures high stability and durability. Moreover, the foam mattress comes with an additional layer of memory foam to increase your level of comfort. Still, want to sleep on the couch? Before buying, take a look at this video review for more details from the perspective of a tester’s experience.
- Suitable for single cot-size beds
- Compact, sleek, and space-saving
- Four caster wheels ensure easy portability
- Damask fabric cover protects the foam mattress
- May be smaller than expected
- May not be easy to assemble
Durable and sturdy, this full-steel twin-size rollaway bed is a medium firm mattress with reinforced wire lattice ensures the highest level of stability. Besides the well-built base, the 38-inch memory foam mattress is super-soft, luxurious, and comfortable to sleep on, thus giving you the experience of sleeping on a queen-size bed! Yep, just the sturdy and comfy combo one needs for a good night’s sleep— do not skip this folding bed. Watch this video review to learn more about this tried-and-tested compact bed.
- Compact and space-saving
- Built-in wheels ensure easy portability
- Easy to assemble and has a non-slip base
- Soft mattress cover
- Casters may not be durable enough
- May lose shape over time
Here’s a rollaway guest bed that your guest will love! Compact and sturdy, this cot-sized bed portable bed guarantees the utmost comfort and stability with every use. With the metal frame bracing the ultra-strong oxford cloth in place with the help of high-strength springs, one can enjoy a sound sleep without worry about tumbling or falling. Also, the 31-inch wide memory foam mattress promises premium-level comfort. Do not skip this one! This video which explores a reviewer testing and detailing the bed will give you more insights into the product.
- High-density sponge mattress
- Ultra-comfortable and highly elastic
- No tools required for assembly
- Paint may chip over time
- May be prone to rusting
Best Sturdy Construction
Best High Elastic
|Linon Home Dcor Memory Foam Luxor Folding Bed||Milliard Diplomat Folding Bed||Leisuit Rollaway Guest Bed|
|Frame Material||Metal, Wood||-||-|
|Weight||44 Pounds||57 pounds||28.8 pounds|
|Dimensions||79"L x 31.5"W x 16.5"H||75 x 38 x 17 inches||75 x 31 x 14 inches|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Make your guests, especially kids, feel at home with this super-strong and comfortable cot-size rollaway bed. Lightweight and compact, this temporary sleeping arrangement can easily fit in any storage space without being noticeable. With sturdy construction, its heavy-duty cloth deck is attached to the metal frame with strong springs to withhold the sleeper’s weight. Also, the medium-firm mattress ensures ideal comfort for a night of undisturbed sleep. Yep, sleepovers can never be dud with this one!
- Heavy-duty construction
- Unfolds easily and quick to assemble
- Certified, odorless, and non-toxic mattress
- Wheels have a safety lock
- Some may find the bed to be firm
- Folding may be tricky
With 50% extra memory foam, this twin-size rollaway bed can easily pass off as a regular bed. Plus, the brand guarantees quick and easy assembling within 5 minutes! And, don’t let those extra foam layers make you think this portable bed is bulky or heavy because it folds up easily and is convenient to store as well. Want more? The wheels have a safety lock, and the adjustable buckle ensures a safe and secure closure too. Now, that’s a great combo of comfort and convenience, we think.
- High-density foam mattress
- Guarantees comfort to head and neck areas
- CertiPUR-US certified support foam
- Stable, sturdy and supports up to 220lbs
- Durable and premium-quality metal frame with eco-friendly painting
If undisturbed sleep is what you are looking for, then this folding bed with mattress will be ideal for you. Why? Besides having a super-strong and stable metal frame base, this mobile bed comes with two Velcro straps to keep the mattress from moving. Yep, no more midnight mattress adjustments for your guest! Also, it supports weight up to 220lb, and the 31-inch wide premium foam mattress has a contouring shape to enhance your level of comfort and offer pressure-point relief. Now, do you still want to give it a miss?
- Features a premium-quality steel tubing
- Five-inch thick memory foam mattress for comfort
- Compact, space-saving, and easy to assemble
- Non-toxic, zippered, and washable mattress cover
- Lightweight and portable with smooth-rolling wheels
- Mattress may be thinner than expected
- May not be big enough for adults
Dealing with space crunch but need an extra bed for guests? This ottoman rollaway bed can be an ideal addition to your living room. Also, it’s quite multi-purpose! This hideaway bed comes with a maximum weight limit of 330lb, has an adjustable head incline to suit your comfort preference, and can be folded and used as a coffee table or footrest as well. And as for the construction, the metal frame base is high on quality, stability, and durability with an eco-friendly paint to keep its luster intact. Invest already!
- Supports weight up to 330lbs
- Features a side bag for holding a book, phone, or tablet
- Medium-firm and soft-touch tri-fold mattress
- Rust-proof, anti-skid, and easy to assemble
- Fold ups easily and convenient to store
- Pads may not line up properly
- Some may find the mattress a bit hard
Here’s a cot-size rollaway bed that promises to go a long way with its sturdy and heavy duty metal-steel frame and ultra-strong wooden base. Designed in Italy, the stowaway bed can support weight up to 265 lbs. Also, its durable construction guarantees a long-lasting and ultra-comfortable experience too. Besides this, the four-inch thick mattress has a soft layer of memory foam supported by high-density foam to ensure a peaceful sleep with every use. Do not skip it!
- Folds easily and portable with wheels
- Features an adjustable lock for secure closure
- Compact, convenient, and easy to assemble
- Helps with pressure-point relief
- May not suit tall people
- Some may find it difficult to fold
With this traditional gem, all you have to do is unfold, and voila, the convenient bed is all set to offer a comfortable sleeping surface to your guests! Guaranteeing the ideal comfort with its innerspring mattress, this twin-size collapsible bed is medium firm and has a five-inch mattress. This space-saving bed is durable, designed with rounded corners, and folds up for easy storage. Also, the metal frame is sturdy and made of steel to ensure the highest level of stability. Need we say more?
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to assemble and store
- Designed with caster wheels for easy portability
- Made from recycled steel
- Springs may not be strong enough to prevent sinking
- Some may find the mattress a bit thin
If you are looking for the sleekest rollaway cot-size bed, this one is a great option, and it transforms into a comfortable bed! And besides being a space-saver, this guest bed has a soft, comfortable, and luxurious three-inch foam bedding. It’s an ideal temporary sleeping arrangement for those who have surprise sleepovers often. This folding bed has a strong spring-supported deck to absorb impact and ensure no bouncy feeling. So, happy sleeping on this roll-out bed.
- Features a sturdy steel frame
- Easy to assemble
- Stable build with safety-lock wheels
- Screws may require frequent tightening
- Mattress may not be water-resistant
Lastly, this cot-size folding bed that promises to comfort while sleeping, not kidding. With a five-inch memory foam mattress that adjusts to the body curve effortlessly, make your guest feel at home with this easy-storage bed. Also, this rollaway small-size quick-setup bed features a portable and foldable metal frame that ensures durability and stability. And the best part—the mattress has a zipper-style removable and washable cover. Sweet dreams, anyone?
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to assemble, unfold, and store
- Anti-rust finish with eco-friendly painting
- Smooth-rolling safety-lock wheels for easy portability
- Mattress may not be as thick
How to choose the right rollaway beds?
Look out for the following features in the bed before buying:
- Size: Before choosing a rollaway bed, inspect the size and if the bed will fit in your room after unfolding to avoid inconvenience.
- Frame: Having a sturdy, stable, and durable frame that can withstand the test of time is indispensable, so you must choose the right bed frame. Rollaway beds with a full-metal frame can be slightly bulky but ensure long-lasting durability and high stability. Spring-supported frames or wooden slats, on the other hand, are lightweight, compact, and ideal for easy portability.
- Mattress: Another essential feature to check out is the mattress type. Choose the one that best suits your comfort preference and also will not cause discomfort to the user while sleeping.
- Portability: Besides being space-efficient, this bed should be highly portable so you can move it around the house or remove it from the storage easily. Also, check if the wheels have safety locks, so the bed doesn’t move while you toss or turn at night.
- Weight support: Lastly, the folding bed must support the ideal weight of the sleeper. Now, whether you are buying an extra bed for a child’s room or looking for an adult rollaway bed, always check the weight support to avoid inconvenience later.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John writes about furniture and kitchenware, helping readers find the best products according to their needs. Here, she has curated a list of the best rollaway beds that your guests will love to sleep on. These beds are foldable and portable, making them an ideal choice for those with small living spaces. Sakshi has shared the description of each product with its pros and cons to help you decide on a suitable product easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I make my folding bed more comfortable?
Make sure you invest in a high-quality and high-density memory foam mattress for an ultra-comfortable experience. Also, to make the bed all the more comfortable, you can add a mattress topper or a duvet as well.
2. How is a rollaway bed different from a conventional bed?
A rollaway bed not only offers the comfort of a conventional bed but is also portable, space-saving, and can be disassembled within minutes, thus making it a great option to use while camping or at work.
3. What is the size of a rollaway bed?
Rollaway beds are usually available in two sizes—small- and twin-sized—with foldable options.
4. What is the weight capacity of a rollaway bed?
A rollaway bed usually has metal frames that can support 200 to 400 lbs. Most rollaway beds come with two to five inches of mattress thickness for added comfort.
Gone are the days when creating a sleeping space for guests or friends used to be a daunting task. Rollaway beds have got you covered as they blend into small spaces. With one of these, your home will always have a readymade option for sleepovers and your surprise guests! The best rollaway beds are non-toxic, like the Foxemart Folding Bed, feature certified foam and quality metal frames, and are lightweight, like the Linon Luxor Folding Bed. You could also opt for anti-skid beds such as the Mecor Adjustable Folding Bed. When choosing one, make sure that the bed fits into your space seamlessly, has a sturdy build to accommodate your weight, and is portable and easy to assemble and store.
Infographic: What Are The Mattresses That Can Be Used On Rollaway Beds?
A rollaway bed frame comes in many shapes and sizes to fit into all rooms of various kinds. In addition, an appropriate mattress with a rollaway bed frame can further enhance your comfort. Check out the following infographic to learn about the different mattresses you can use with a rollaway bed frame.
- Best Floor Mattresses
- Best Toddler Bed Mattresses
- Best Cooling Mattress Topper
- Best Portable Mattresse