Roller skating is not only a fun summer activity but can teach agility and balance to your child. The best roller skates can help your child stay productive and physically active. In addition, roller skaters can play an essential role in improving muscular strength, flexibility, weight control, and digestive health. To help you select one that fits your child like a glove, we have compiled a list of the top roller skates you can consider reading. Some of these best-selling roller skates are suitable for beginners too. Read on to check the list of age-appropriate skates for kids with safety tips and pointers to keep in mind when buying the right product.
11 Best Roller Skates For Kids
The perfect roller skate for young skaters, this one is adjustable up to four shoe sizes by just pressing a button. Without the hassle of tying laces, it offers superior comfort and extra stability. It comes with a padded liner and a supportive boot, making it comfortable for kids to wear for long durations. The thick, padded tongue of these roller derby skates for kids offers a great fit. Watch this review video for more information about the tried-and-tested product.
- Cam-lever buckles for putting them on quickly
- Polymer frame with non-marking toe brakes
- Light chassis with real cushions
- Ideal for both indoors and outdoors
- 54 mm urethane wheels
- Washable liner
- The wheels may not run smoothly on uneven surfaces.
If your child’s favorite color is blue and longs for a roller skate, perhaps you should consider this one. Whether your child is a 4-year-old or a tween, this trusted pair of skates will grow with them as it is adjustable up to four shoe sizes. With just one button to adjust the size, you can easily find the perfect fit. It comes with a sturdy aluminum frame, PU wheels, and speed ABEC-7 bearings, for a safe and fun rolling skating experience for beginner and advanced skaters.
- The wheels shimmer during the day
- LED wheels light up during the night
- Metallic rainbow colors
- Solid ankle support
- Crafted of superior quality synthetic leather
- Three-layer thick strap for added stability
- Self-generating power wheels without battery
- Some may find the sizing of the roller skate to be inaccurate.
If you are looking for adjustable roller skates that offer maximum safety and comfort, perhaps this one will fit the bill. It provides triple protection with a safety ratchet buckle, a power strap, and tie-up laces for extra measure. This time-tested pair of skates also features a thick sole under the toe area to keep your child’s feet protected. It is equipped with a memory sponge liner and fits your child’s feet like a glove.
- Adjustable up to four sizes
- Illuminating wheels
- Boots plastic material is impact-resistant
- One should avoid trying them out on a freshly polished, smooth surface as the wheels may feel extremely slippery.
|Roller Derby’s Trac Star Adjustable Roller Skate||Sulifeel Glitter Light Up Roller Skates For Kids||Kuxuan Adjustable Roller Skates For Kids|
|Color||Black/Red||D Snow||Pink & Gray|
|Number of Items||2||-||-|
|Material||Polyester, Plastic||Faux Leather||Polypropylene, Plastic|
|Weight||2 Kilograms||2.4 Kilograms||4.2 Pounds|
|Dimensions||11.81 x 4.72 x 15.75 inches||-||-|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
This roller skate for kids isn’t just a colorful treat for the eyes, but also a practical and safe way to let your kids enjoy their playtime. All the wheels light up in flashing colors without the need for batteries. This attractive high-top sneaker style roller skate comes with soft padded collars and lined boots for a snug fit and an even more enjoyable skating experience. This video helps you know more about the product.
- Durable PU wheels for safety and stability
- ABEC-7 roller skate bearings for low noise and a smooth glide
- Size adjustable
- Impact-resistant polymer boot
- Safety ratchet buckle, laces, and power strap
- The front and end are equipped with rubber brakes for safety.
- The straps tend to fray quickly.
These high-top roller skates will immediately make your child the ‘Cool Kid’ in your neighborhood. It is a stunning pair of skates with a well-constructed boot that grows with your child as they sharpen their speed skating skills. This age-appropriate pair features a stitched upper boot and padded collar to accommodate your child’s growing feet, and the 2 micro-ratchet buckles offer an impressive fit and control.
- Highly durable chassis
- Multi-adjust boot
- Two-piece boot construction
- 60mm composite wheels
- Comes with built-in toe brakes
- Breathable inner nylon mesh
- It may be too heavy for little kids.
- Some may feel that the wheels don’t turn easily.
6. Best Light-Up Wheels:Cunmucu Adjustable Roller Skates
Dazzle the skating rink with this pair of unique, sparkling wheels that are easy to wear and adjust. You can change them to four sizes, making the skates versatile and durable for growing children. All eight wheels light up, so you can feel like a star as you slide down the road or ramp. These self-generated lights don’t require external batteries. Crafted with triple protective adjustable straps and buckles, these dazzling children’s roller skates allow your feet to remain comfortable while ensuring complete safety.
- Provides ankle support
- Helps reduce fatigue
- Adjustable sizing
- Available in three colors
- Designed for beginner and intermediate skaters
- Might have an unpleasant odor
This glittery roller skate is the perfect balance of style, all things glittery, and high-quality hand construction, making it an entertaining choice. A high-top roller skate, it is designed like sneakers and features a triple-lock safety system. Tested by many reviewers, it is equipped with an ankle lock, velcro straps, and shoelaces to keep your child safe and protected.
- Glitter wheels
- Size adjustable
- 54mm urethane wheels
- The torsion beam frame is a patented design.
- The ankle buckle may take a lot of time to latch and unlatch.
Is your child creative, loves immersing herself in colors, and enjoys the finer things in life? If you answered yes to all three questions, you should gift your child this beautiful pair of roller skates with high-quality components. This parent-recommended roller skate for kids comes with soft inner pads, allowing her to skate for hours without hurting her feet or worrying about blisters.
- High-top boot for ankle support
- Available in striking colors and flower patterns
- Reliable and sturdy surface construction
- Toe and heel protection strip
- Urethane wheels
- Nylon base plate
- It may feel heavy for some.
These all-in-one roller skates will have your child wheeling like a pro in a matter of minutes. Ideal for both boys and girls, it is made with thick thread work to reinforce the seams and comes with durable plastic clasps. It is also equipped with polyurethane wheels with flashing colorful LED lights. Owing to the soft inner foam, your child can enjoy hours of fun on these light-up skates without hurting their ankles.
- Expandable up to four sizes
- Premium-quality frame
- Velcro strap for added security
- Breathable and well-ventilated
- Safety buckle
- Ideal for all skill levels
- Wheel lights may not be rechargeable
Kids products designed by Mongoose rarely need an introduction. This roller skate is designed to perfection with the highest quality of materials. With a single button, you can adjust the size of these outdoor skates from one to four. It features dual adjustable straps for safety and unparalleled ankle support, making it an excellent choice for beginner or intermediate skaters.
- Comes with a toe stopper
- Thick padding in tongue and liner
- Cast urethane wheels
- Suitable for both indoors and outdoors
- The wheels illuminate
- Some parents may be concerned that the brake is made of plastic, not rubber.
An aesthetically pleasing roller skate such as this one is hard to come by. Once your daughter tries it on, she may never want to take it off. Featuring an elegant pink body with a cute little unicorn, these tried-and-tested outdoor speed skates come with insoles for size adjustments or added comfort. It also comes with illuminating wheels in a high-top shoelace design.
- 58mm nylon core urethane wheels
- PU brake stopper for safety
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor skating
- Soft, padded collars
- Adjustable sizing
- Lightweight and flexible chassis
- Some parents noted that the wheels tend to lock up from time to time.
Safety Tips To Keep In Mind
- Always keep an eye on your children when they are roller skating without being overbearing.
- Hold their hand while they skate until you are 100% certain that it is okay to let go.
- Purchase a roller skate helmet with a chin strap that offers a snug fit without feeling stuffy or giving them a headache.
- Invest in high-quality, thickly padded roller skate pads for elbows and knees.
- Dress your child appropriately.
- Make sure the weather is conducive for speed skating.
- Keep an eye out for slippery paths and large bumps on the road.
- Purchase size adjustable skates as they offer a customized fit.
How To Choose The Right Roller Skates For Kids?
- Size: Let’s face it; high-quality roller skates tend to be expensive. That is why you should invest in adjustable-size skates. Let the skates grow along with your child. Buying a pair of skates with adjustable sizing allows you to find the perfect fit to accommodate your child’s growing feet, making it more comfortable.
- Durability: Although skating isn’t as dangerous as many other forms of sports and physical activities, your child may still fall several times trying to get the hang of it. This means that the skates too go through rigorous hits and bumps. Choose one that is made of high-quality fabric and materials and ensure that the skates are impact-resistant.
- Safety features: Some of the most important features to look out for in roller skates are a toe-brake option to avoid accidents, a sturdy buckle that will keep the skates on, an inner lining that is thickly padded, and wheels that aren’t too slippery.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Finding the best roller skates for your children can be tricky since there are many products available in the market. In this article, we have curated a list of the best roller skates with impressive user reviews for kids to help you choose the right pair of skates. We have provided all the relevant information that you need about each product so that you can easily understand the requirements and pick the perfect skates for your little one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the right way to clean the wheels of roller skates?
Using a wheel removing tool, take the wheels apart, followed by its bearings. In a bucket of water, add detergent and soak a soft towel in it. Use the towel to wipe or scrub off dirt and grime from the wheels and wash it off with clean water. Once done, wipe the wheels with a dry cloth, and let them air dry until completely dry.
2. At what age can my kid start skating?
Ensure that your child can run without tripping or stumbling first. If you wish to give your child an early start, you can start at three years.
3. Can roller skates be used outside?
Yes, roller skates can be used indoors as well as outdoors. However, there is a difference in the wheels. Outdoor roller skates feature softer wheels that absorb more shock when rolling over harder surfaces and debris while indoor roller skates have harder wheels.
4. Is roller skating a good form of exercise for kids?
Roller getting is good physical exercise. It can help build physical endurance and improve balance, core stability, and strength.
5. What size roller skate should I get for my child?
If you are confused about what size of roller skates you should buy for your kid, go for a size that matches their current shoe size. Most roller skates will fit your kid’s shoe size.
6. What is easier to learn how to skate on: quad skates for kids or inline skates?
Since quad roller skates offer stability, it is easier for beginner skaters. This is because, unlike kids’ inline skates, quad rollers have a wider wheelbase that enables one to maintain balance, making them an excellent choice for younger children and beginners.
Roller skating is a fun activity enjoyed by children of all age groups. It provides an engaging way for them to stay active and engaged while helping them improve their motor, coordination, and balancing skills. For skates that grow with the child, we recommend the sparkly Sulifeel Glitter Light Up Roller Skates and the triple protection-enabled Kuxuan Adjustable Roller Skates. Choose the Roller Derby Trac Star Adjustable Roller Skates for both indoor and outdoor use. When you buy a set of roller skates, make sure to check the product’s size, durability, and safety aspects. The options listed in the article are child-friendly and come with premium-quality frames, wheels, and various cool designs to suit your child’s preferences.
Infographic: How To Clean And Maintain Roller Skate Wheels?
Roller skates are a delightful and exciting way to foster active play, helping children develop balance and coordination. However, cleaning the wheels and bearings regularly is important to extend their durability and maintain a smooth glide. Check out the following infographic to learn how to efficiently clean and maintain roller skate wheels.
- Safety Tips: Inline Skating