Roller skating is not only a fun summer activity but can teach agility and balance to your child. The best roller skates can help your child stay productive and physically active. In addition, roller skaters can play an essential role in improving muscular strength, flexibility, weight control, and digestive health. To help you select one that fits your child like a glove, we have compiled a list of the top roller skates you can consider reading. There are roller skates suitable for beginners too. Read on to check the list, safety tips, and pointers to keep in mind when buying the right product.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best Roller Skates For Kids
The perfect roller skate for young skaters, this one is adjustable up to 4 shoe sizes by just pressing a button. Without the hassle of tying laces, it offers superior comfort and extra stability. It comes with a padded liner and a supportive boot, making it comfortable for kids to wear for long durations. The thick, padded tongue offers a great fit.
- Cam-lever buckles for putting them on quickly
- Polymer frame with non-marking toe brakes
- Light chassis with real cushions
- Ideal for both indoors and outdoors
- 54 mm urethane wheels
- Washable liner
- The wheels may not run smoothly on uneven surfaces.
If your child’s favorite color is blue and longs for a roller skate, perhaps you should consider this one. Whether your child is a 4-year-old or a tween, this pair will grow with them as it is adjustable up to 4 shoe sizes. With just one button to adjust the size, you can easily find the perfect fit. It comes with a sturdy aluminum frame, PU wheels, and speed ABEC-7 bearings, for a safe and fun rolling skating experience.
- The wheels shimmer during the day
- LED wheels light up during the night
- Metallic rainbow colors
- Solid ankle support
- 3-layer thick strap for added stability
- Self-generating power wheels without battery
- Some may find the sizing of the roller skate to be inaccurate.
If you are looking for adjustable roller skates that offer maximum safety and comfort, perhaps this one will fit the bill. It provides triple protection with a safety ratchet buckle, a power strap, and tie-up laces for extra measure. It also features a thick sole under the toe area to keep your child’s feet protected. It is equipped with a memory sponge liner and fits your child’s feet like a glove.
- Adjustable up to 4 sizes
- Illuminating wheels
- Impact-resistant polymer plastic boot
- One should avoid trying them out on a freshly-polished floor as the wheels may feel extremely slippery.
This roller skate for kids isn’t just a colorful treat for the eyes, but also a practical and safe way to let your kids enjoy their playtime. All the wheels light up in flashing colors without the need for batteries. This attractive high-top sneaker style roller skate comes with soft padded collars and lined boots for a snug fit and an even more enjoyable skating experience.
- Durable PU wheels for safety and stability
- ABEC-7 bearings for low noise and a smooth glide
- Size adjustable
- Impact-resistant polymer boot
- Safety ratchet buckle, laces, and power strap
- The front and end are equipped with rubber brakes for safety.
- The straps tend to fray quickly.
These high-top roller skates will immediately make your child the ‘Cool Kid’ in your neighborhood. It is a stunning pair of roller skates with a well-constructed boot that grows with your child as they sharpen their skating skills. It features a stitched upper boot and padded collar to accommodate your child’s growing feet, and the 2 micro-ratchet buckles offer an impressive fit and control.
- Highly durable chassis
- Multi-adjust boot
- 2-piece boot construction
- 60 mm composite wheels
- It comes with built-in toe brakes.
- The inner nylon mesh is breathable.
- It may be too heavy for little kids.
- Some may feel that the wheels don’t turn easily.
If you wish to give your little princess a head start, this adorable pair of Minnie Mouse skate shoes will be a great choice as a beginner roller skates for kids. Designed for children as young as 3 years of age, it comes with easy-to-use thumb screws, making the skates adjustable by 2 inches.
- Toe brakes for easy stopping and slowing down
- Impact-resistant knee caps
- Hook and loop straps for size adjustment
- Sturdy plastic frame and construction
- Some may feel that it is too wide for small feet.
- The weight capacity is only 45 pounds.
This glittery roller skate is the perfect balance of style, all things glittery, and high-quality hand construction. A high-top roller skate, it is designed like sneakers and features a triple-lock safety system. It is equipped with an ankle lock, velcro straps, and shoelaces to keep your child safe and protected.
- Glitter wheels
- Size adjustable
- 54mm urethane wheels
- The torsion beam frame is a patented design.
- The ankle buckle may take a lot of time to latch and unlatch.
Is your child creative, loves immersing herself in colors, and enjoys the finer things in life? If you answered yes to all 3 questions, you should gift your child this beautiful pair of roller skates made using high-quality materials. This roller skate comes with soft inner pads, allowing her to skate for hours without hurting her feet or worrying about blisters.
- High-top boot for ankle support
- Available in striking colors and flower patterns
- Reliable and sturdy surface construction
- Toe and heel protection strip
- Urethane wheels
- Nylon base plate
- It may feel heavy for some.
These all-in-one roller skates will have your child wheeling like a pro in a matter of minutes. Ideal for both boys and girls, it is made with thick thread work to reinforce the seams and comes with durable plastic clasps. It is also equipped with polyurethane wheels with flashing colorful LED lights. Owing to the soft inner foam, your child can enjoy hours of fun without hurting his or her ankles.
- Expandable up to 4 sizes
- Premium-quality frame
- Velcro strap for added security
- Breathable and well-ventilated
- Safety buckle
- Wheel lights may not be rechargeable
Kids products designed by Mongoose rarely need an introduction. This roller skate is designed to perfection with the highest quality of materials. With a single button, you can adjust the size of these skates from 1 to 4. It features dual straps for safety and unparalleled ankle support and is an excellent choice for beginners.
- Comes with a toe stopper
- Thick padding in tongue and liner
- Cast urethane wheels
- Suitable for both indoors and outdoors
- The wheels illuminate.
- Some parents may be concerned that the brake is made of plastic, not rubber.
An aesthetically pleasing roller skate such as this one is hard to come by. Once your daughter tries it on, she may never want to take it off. Featuring an elegant pink body with a cute little unicorn, these skates come with insoles for size adjustments or added comfort. It also comes with illuminating wheels in a high-top shoelace design.
- 58 mm nylon core urethane wheels
- PU brake stopper for safety
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor skating
- Soft, padded collars
- Lightweight and flexible chassis
- Some parents noted that the wheels tend to lock up from time to time.
Once you bring home a roller skate for your child, your child will be super excited to immediately try it and forget all about safety measures and precautions. That is why parents must invest in one that is well-designed and well-made. The following pointers will help you pick the right one.
Safety Tips To Keep In Mind
- Always keep an eye on your children when they are roller skating without being overbearing.
- Hold their hand while they skate until you are 100% certain that it is okay to let go.
- Purchase a helmet with a chin strap that offers a snug fit without feeling stuffy or giving them a headache.
- Invest in high-quality, thickly padded elbow and knee pads.
- Dress your child appropriately.
- Make sure the weather is conducive for skating.
- Keep an eye out for slippery paths and large bumps on the road.
- Purchase size adjustable skates as they offer a customized fit.
How To Choose The Right Roller Skates For Kids?
Let’s face it; high-quality roller skates tend to be expensive. That is why you should invest in one that is size adjustable up to 4 sizes. Let the skates grow along with your child. Buying a size adjustable roller skate allows you to find the perfect fit to accommodate your child’s growing feet, making it more comfortable.
Although skating isn’t as dangerous as many other forms of sports and physical activities, your child may still fall several times trying to get the hang of it. This means that the skates too go through rigorous hits and bumps. Choose one that is made of high-quality fabric and materials and ensure that the skates are impact-resistant.
Some of the most important features to look out for in roller skates are a toe-brake option to avoid accidents, a sturdy buckle that will keep the skates on, an inner lining that is thickly padded, and wheels that aren’t too slippery.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the right way to clean the wheels of roller skates?
Using a wheel removing tool, take the wheels apart, followed by its bearings. In a bucket of water, add detergent and soak a soft towel in it. Use the towel to wipe or scrub off dirt and grime from the wheels and wash it off with clean water. Once done, wipe the wheels with a dry cloth, and let them air dry until completely dry.
2. At what age can my kid start skating?
Ensure that your child can run without tripping or stumbling first. If you wish to give your child an early start, you can start at 3 years.
A fun, safe, and healthy way for kids to stay engaged and active, roller skating is an activity that has been on the top of every parent’s list for years. If you are looking for safe and durable roller skates for your kids, you’ve come to the right place.