Rosehip oil or rosehip seed oil is extracted from the seeds of wild roses. With therapeutic elements, it is suitable for various skin problems, from healing the scars and preventing premature aging to moisturizing the skin. To help you pick the right rosehip oil to add to your skincare regime, MomJunction brings you this list of best rosehip oils.
13 Best Rosehip Oils
Say Goodbye to dry skin with this USDA-certified organic rosehip oil. The omega fatty acids in the oil hydrate the skin, making it look refreshed and rejuvenated. The oil works on skin conditions like acne scars, wrinkles, inflamed skin, and breakouts.
- Improves the skin’s texture
- Brightens the skin tone
- Reduces deep wrinkles and skin irritation
- Works well on stretch marks
- Works as a natural anti-aging agent by tightening the skin
- Cruelty-free and 100% vegan
- Rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and vitamin C
This multi-purpose rosehip oil can be used on the face as well as the body. It helps in reducing acne and pimple scars. The oil nourishes and hydrates dry skin without making the skin feel greasy or sticky.
- Contains natural rosehip oil that is rich in Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
- Offers hydration and nourishment to dehydrated skin
- Provides smoother and healthy-looking skin
- Treats acne scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, and fine lines
If you want to pamper your skin with organic rosehip oil, this cold-pressed oil would be the right choice. It contains high amounts of fatty acids that provide the required moisture to the skin, thus restoring its natural glow. Regular usage of the oil is also proven to improve the skin’s texture and reduce scars and photo-aging.
- Absorbs quickly, resulting in fresh and dewy skin
- Reduces the appearance of scars and marks
- Retains nutrients effectively as the oil is cold-pressed and is in virgin form
- Light and non-greasy
- Comes with a unique bulb dropper for easy application
- Has a mild earthy scent
- Rich in retinol and vitamin E
Extracted from the seeds and seed cases of Rosa cCanina, the Majestic Pure Rosehip Oil is all you need to pamper your skin. The oil is enriched with antioxidants, vitamins, and essential fatty acids, thus keeping your skin perfectly moisturized, hydrated, and healthy.
- Cold-pressed to preserve the oil’s active ingredients
- Non-volatile oil that works well on distressed skin
- Can be used as a carrier oil for any essential oil
- No additives or fillers used
- Can be used on the scalp for healthy and shiny hair
- Can be used all over the body to moisturize and treat dry and irritated skin
- Comes with a dropper for easy application
The Cliganicrosehip oil is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The USDA-certified and cruelty-free oil is 100% organic and does not contain alcohol, fragrance, additives, or chemicals. The oil is known for its anti-aging benefits and is available at a reasonable price.
- 100% pure oil extracted from Rosa Canina
- Cold-pressed organic oil with zero dilution and additions
- Comes in a premium dark amber glass that protects the oil from UV light
- Comes with a glass dropper to prevent wastage
- Multi-purpose oil for face, hair, and nails
- Works as an anti-aging agent, moisturizer, and skin brightener
- Can also be used as a carrier oil for aromatherapy
This unrefined, virgin rosehip oil is fast absorbing, light, and non-greasy. It is an effective moisturizer for dry skin. The oil is enriched with the goodness of omega fatty acids and vitamin A to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and eye bags.
- Cold-pressed to provide optimal benefits
- Reverses the damage caused by sun exposure
- Prevents skin sagging, laugh lines, and wrinkles
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks and scars
- Can be used on face, body, nails, and hair
- Free of parabens, mineral oil, synthetic colors, and preservatives
Teddie Organics’ Rosehip oil is great for soothing burns, healing scars, and treating rashes and stretch marks. It also works on sensitive skin and prevents irritation.
- 100% pure and organic rosehip oil without any additional components
- Available in 1oz trial-gift pack and 4oz best-value pack
- Treats dry skin, cracked heels, uneven skin tone, stretch marks, brittle nails, etc.
- Comes in a dark amber glass bottle to minimize light exposure
- Features an easy-to-use dropper
Certified by USDA, Kate Blanc Rosehip oil is a virgin, unrefined, natural, and cold-pressed oil. The hexane- and paraben-free oil is safe for all skin types, including sensitive skin, and can be used for skin massages and aromatherapy sessions.
- Loaded with anti-inflammatory properties that reduce facial marks
- Has anti-aging properties that tighten and hydrate the skin
- Contains omega fatty acids that provide youthful skin
- Adds shine to dull and damaged hair
- Prevents flaking and itching of the scalp
- Easily gets absorbs into the skin without clogging the pores
- Comes with a handy dropper
You might want to include this therapeutic-grade rosehip oil in your spa routine because of its numerous benefits. This premium-grade oil is 100% organic and cold-pressed to retain the maximum benefits. Not only does it get absorbed quickly, but it also remains non-sticky.
- Nourishes and hydrates the skin
- Evens out skin tone and reduces marks on regular usage
- Makes the hair shiny and reduces dandruff on regular use
- Makes the nails healthy and shiny
- Comes in a dark bottle to prevent exposure to light
Extracted from the seeds of Rosa Moschata exclusively sourced from the Chilean Mountains, this rosehip oil is odorless and contains no added chemicals, carrier oils, and other ingredients. The multipurpose oil can be used to formulate your own moisturizer, anti-aging cream, hydrating serum, skin brightening lotion as well as soothing and healing cream.
- Consists of only one ingredient, which is pure rosehip oil
- Improves skin tone and fights skin problems
- Promotes nail growth when used regularly
- Helps soothe sunburns when combined with coconut oil
- Comes with a dropper and a digital user guide
This oil is made of premium-grade, cold-pressed, and virgin rosehip seed oil. It is free of scent, hexane and preservatives. It comes in a UV-resistant bottle that helps retains its therapeutic properties.
- Provides natural conditioning
- Makes skin soft and supple while also reducing aging signs
- Absorbs quickly without leaving any stickiness on the skin
- Can be used to treat both skin and hair
- Improves collagen production, making the skin look younger
- Treats various skin conditions including acne, scars, dryness, redness, and stretch marks
Massaging this organic rosehip oil on your face every day can leave you with younger-looking skin. Rich in antioxidants and vitamins, the cold-pressed oil restores and replenishes dull, matured, and sun-damaged skin.
- Claims to be pure, natural, and free of chemicals
- Helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks
- Vitamin A in the oil replenishes and restores damaged skin
- Gets absorbed quickly without leaving any sticky residue
- Suitable for all skin types
If you are looking for a highly absorbent and non-greasy oil to nourish and cleanse your face, this certified and unrefined rosehip oil would be an ideal choice. It prevents aging signs by keeping the skin hydrated. A simple massage with the rosehip oil every day would do wonders for your skin.
- Contains Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids that repair damaged skin tissues
- Vitamin A in the oil improves the skin’s elasticity and increases collagen production
- Heals scars, rashes, and stretch marks
- Fragrance-free and non-greasy oil for everyday use
- Does not contain any synthetic ingredients
- Provides all-round skin protection
Uses of Rosehip Oil
Here are some of the benefits of rosehip oil:
- Enriched with omega fatty acids, rosehip oil hydrates the skin from within.
- The oil offers anti-aging benefits as it contains antioxidants and vitamins.
- It reduces wrinkles and laughs lines and prevents dark spots and skin sagging.
- Rosehip oil is a natural exfoliant and has skin-lightening properties. Regular use cleanses the skin and brightens the skin tone.
- The oil protects the skin from free radicals and boosts collagen production.
- It also makes the skin look radiant, supple, and smooth.
How To Choose The Right Rosehip Oil?
Here are a few tips that might help you get the right oil.
- Ingredients of the product: Most rosehip oils are promoted as 100% pure. But are they really pure? Well, the answer lies in the ingredients of the oil.
Any pure rosehip oil contain only one ingredient, that is, rosehip oil itself or the extracts of rosehip seeds. If you find any other ingredients in the list, it may not be 100% pure. Remember, only pure oils provide optimal results.
- Method of extraction: Of all the methods used to extract rosehip oil from its seeds, the cold-pressed method is considered good. It helps retain the natural properties of the oil.
- No additives: It could be a simple fragrance, complex preservative, or any other chemical, the lesser the additives to the oil, the better. In fact, pure rosehip oil does not require any other ingredient to deliver results.
- Do not go by the scent: Do not let the name confuse you. Rosehip oil does not smell like a rose as it is extracted from its seeds. Typically, the oil has a subtle earthy scent, which might fade out once applied on the skin.
- The container: Not just the contents, the container of the rosehip oil is also important. Many products come in a UV-resistant bottle, which protects the oil from damage caused by direct heat and light. Hence, choose the oil that comes in a safe container.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can rosehip oil treat acne?
Rosehip oil has anti-inflammatory properties that might help reduce acne and prevent acne scars.
- What are the nutrients present in rosehip oil?
Rosehip oil contains vitamins A, C, and E, antioxidants, and essential omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids that can hydrate and moisturize dry skin.
Regular use of organic and pure rosehip oil helps you achieve healthy-looking skin. If you’re looking for a versatile product to include in your skincare regime, rosehip oil would be one of the best choices.