In the recent past, to get a good sandwich, you had to go to a cafe or a bistro. But now, preparing it at home is a cakewalk! With today’s busy lifestyle, sandwiches have become the go-to dish at Indian households because it is easy to make and can be enjoyed during the day or night.
If you want to delight yourself in this versatile food item, you need to get your hands on the right sandwich maker. However, with many options in the market, you may find it tricky to choose the best one. So, here is our list of the best sandwich makers to help you choose a quality sandwich maker.
Types Of Sandwich Makers
The following are two most common types of sandwich makers available in India.
1. Panini press
This sandwich maker doubles as a grill and can make many mouth-watering delights, regardless of the stuffing. It is enabled with 2 pressing plates on the top and bottom. Besides sandwiches, it is also used to cook kebabs, burger patties, meats, fish, veggies, and thick slices of bread. If you love the crunchy sandwiches, this device should be your pick. It comes with heavy-duty plates that form seared lines to ensure that every sandwich you relish on is tasty and crunchy.
2. 4-triangle sandwich maker
Commonly found in most households, this device can make delicious sandwiches in minutes. It comes with 4 square plates with a triangular cut in the interior surface, which cuts the sandwiches into 2. It is designed to prepare sandwiches with minimum filling and is comparatively less expensive than a panini maker. To add to this, it gives a neat and crunchy finish to the slices of bread.
11 Best Sandwich Makers In India
If you’re in a hurry and need delicious sandwiches, this one by Prestige may be the right choice for your hectic schedule! It helps you prepare tasty and healthy sandwiches within a few minutes. Powered by 800 W, it saves you from hefty electricity bills as it consumes minimum energy. With the German Technology Greblon coating and a non-sticky, die-cast aluminum heating plate, you can enjoy delicious sandwiches at any time!
- Easy to clean
- Compact and portable
- Features a power indicator
- Classic, matte finish design
- Heat-resistant, bakelite exterior
- Might not be sufficient for large pieces of bread
- The power cord might not be long enough.
Are you looking for a compact sandwich toaster that offers multiple benefits? Try this one by Philips. While the integrated bun rack warms your bread, the 2 large-sized variable slots with a self-centering feature deliver sustained heat on both sides. With a frequency of 50-60 Hz and a power consumption of 830 W, it offers an economically friendly, long-lasting performance. It comes with a high lift and detachable crumb tray, making it easier to clean and maintain.
- 8 different heat settings
- Sturdy design for a strong grip
- Auto-off button to avoid overheating
- Cancel button to stop heating anytime
- Suitable for buns, pastries, and rolls
- Defrost feature to toast frozen bread quickly
- The slide-lock may not be up to the mark.
This uniquely designed product is compact and stylish, making it stand out as one of the best sandwich makers in the market. With the power usage of 200 W, it facilitates uniform heating. The large-size plate with a stainless-steel mirror finish offers an elegant and spacious look while simultaneously grilling 4 sandwiches. The heating plate opens up to 105° for easy access and handling. It is also enabled with a collector tray attached at the bottom to collect excess butter and oil after grilling.
- Non-sticky plates
- Temperature control knob
- Includes a cleaning spatula
- Slide-type lock on the handle
- Cord wrap for convenient storage
- Power indicator with automatic heat control
- Thermal fuse and cool-touch handle for safety
- Might not be energy-efficient
Get your hands on this stylish sandwich griller by Bajaj Majesty. With a minimum power consumption of 750 W, it delivers an efficient toasting and grilling experience. The non-stick coating on the heating plates made of cast iron ensures a mess-free and convenient cooking experience, while making it easy to clean. The best part about this grill toaster is its Bakelite body with a powder-coated finish, offering a safe and cool touch.
- Buckle clip locking
- Cord winder for easy storage
- Ergonomic rubber handlebars
- Results in finely pressed sandwiches
- LED neon on/off indicator with thermostat
- Might not have wide plates to fit thick slices of bread
Check out this grill sandwich maker, which helps you prepare crispy, delicious sandwiches in minutes! It features a durable and non-toxic ceramic coating that facilitates even and healthy cooking. It comes with a height adjustment option to alter the appliance as per the size of the food item. It also doubles as a grill and toaster, making it a must-have appliance in every kitchen. If you need more convincing, this device also features a dual cooking surface to ensure both sides of the sandwich or snack is heated to perfection.
- Easy to clean
- Power indicator
- Side-lock feature
- Ergonomic handles
- Offers convenient storage
- Automatic temperature cut-off feature
- Does not come with a collection tray
- The length of the cable might not be sufficient.
Don’t miss out on this super-efficient device, which offers you a quick and effortless grilling experience! It is made of high-quality aluminium, which results in evenly textured cooking. The heat-resistant, ergonomic handle ensures safety and prevents skin burns. Another feature that will make you jump with glee is that it consumes significantly less energy and electricity as it operates on just 750 W.
- Stylish design
- Compact in size
- Convenient to clean
- Non-stick coating plates
- Uses less oil for cooking
- Might not be suitable for thick-layered sandwiches
- The power cord might be slightly short.
Do you prefer a panini sandwich maker? Well, say hello to this minimalist and elegant kitchen appliance. The non-stick ribbed grill plates deliver mess-free heating by absorbing very little oil. The device includes a stainless-steel handle and exteriors with a cool touch feature to ensure safe and healthy cooking. The best part is its floatable hinge system, which automatically adjusts to the size of any food placed inside.
- Fixed plates
- Side-lock clip
- Shock-resistant body
- Provides a steady grip
- Opens to 180° for easy access
- Light indicators (for power on and ready)
- Thermostatically regulated heating element
- The grilling section might be slightly confined.
This product makes its way into our list as one of India’s best sandwich makers as it is safe, healthy, and efficient to use. This appliance’s power consumption is economical as it runs on 750 W, helping you save on energy bills. It comes with 2 non-stick coating plates made of cast iron, ensuring faster cooking. It is also designed with broader and deeper grill plates to accommodate bread of different sizes.
- Easy to use
- Shockproof device
- Rubber feet to avoid skidding
- Enabled with a power indicator
- Comes with a short cord
Who doesn’t love fresh, delicious, and crispy sandwiches! Treat yourself to this fantastic grill sandwich maker by Agaro. The die-cast aluminum plate is thermostatically controlled and ensures safe and quick cooking. It features a power indicator with red and green lights where the former indicates that heating is in progress, whereas the latter means that the food item is ready to eat. It also features easy-handling, sturdy usage, and convenient storage.
- Fixed plates
- Non-sticky plates
- Cool-touch handle
- Clamp lock system
- Skidproof rubber feet
- Sleek and lightweight design
- The exterior might not be heat-resistant.
Toasty, even texture, and crunchiness — you can have it all with this sandwich-making machine. It uses a minimum power consumption of 750 W to prepare delicious sandwiches. With non-stick coat plates, get ready to achieve fresh and healthy cooking without much oil and spillage. Our favorite feature is the power light indicator, which helps us be aware of the functioning process.
- Sleek body
- 2 slice pockets
- Ergonomic design
- Convenient to store
- Does not include a collector tray
Here’s one that grills and makes sandwiches with ease and perfection! Designed with Teflon non-stick coating, this grill and sandwich maker uses less oil and butter to cook. The floatable hinge mechanism helps in adjusting the height according to the size of the food item. It also comes with a detachable drip tray to collect excess oil, giving a neat and crisp finish to the sandwiches without the added grease.
- Easy cleaning
- Power light indicator
- Cool touch Bakelite exterior
- Sturdy handle for a better grip
- Automatic temperature control
- Opens to 180° for easy handling
- Offers a longer cord with a length of 1.5m
- Might not be durable
How To Choose The Right Sandwich Maker In India?
- Easy to clean and store: Always look for sandwich makers that are easy to clean, maintain, and store. This is to ensure a hassle-free, long-lasting experience while attaining the maximum benefits from the appliance. Generally, compact and lightweight sandwich makers offer such advantages.
- Non-stick coating: This is a crucial aspect to be considered as it facilitates fresh and healthy cooking without using much oil, butter, or ghee. The non-stick coating ensures that food doesn’t stick to the surface and thus, offers a mess-free finish to your sandwiches.
- Material: Most heating plates of sandwich makers are made of either die-cast aluminum or iron. This is to ensure optimal heating without overheating your sandwiches. We recommend you opt for a device with a Bakelite exterior and a cool-touch stainless steel handle as they are shockproof and heat-resistant.
- Collector tray: This feature is handy as it collects any excess oil/butter/ghee in a detachable drip tray below the appliance without spillage inside the griller. Sandwich makers with this particular feature can help you cut down your kitchen cleaning time.
- Heat settings: There are a lot of sandwich makers in the market that come with temperature control settings. It helps you decide how crisp or how toasted/brownish you want your sandwich to be. This feature enables you to prevent over and undercooking your sandwiches.
- Efficiency: This differs from one sandwich maker to the other. While some may have the capacity to hold 6-8 thin layered slices, others can only accommodate 2 thick layered ones. You can choose a sandwich maker as per your daily needs.
- Other features: Apart from the above, other specifications like a slide-lock bar, skidproof rubber feet, power light indicator, and wider opening plates can be of extreme help. They ensure easy access and a sturdy grip, which makes for convenient use.
Alaina Bullock, an experienced product review blogger and an expert in recipes, says, “Also, consider the safety of the material. Ensure the body of the sandwich maker is heat-resistant or has a cool-touch exterior to avoid burns. Sandwich makers that are shockproof are good options, too, especially if you have children at home.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I grill and toast on the sandwich maker?
Yes, with the non-stick coating and ribbed plates, you can grill and toast easily in the sandwich maker.
2. Can I cook sausages in a sandwich maker?
Yes, you can cook sausages in a sandwich maker but make sure that you cook it in a device that features a drip collector tray. This is to collect excess oil and prevent extreme oiliness in the cooked sausages.
3. What is the difference between a toaster and a sandwich maker?
With a toaster, you cannot add a filling between the bread. It just toasts and cooks the bread to brown. A sandwich maker allows you to add thin or thick layered fillings to deliver crispy and healthy sandwiches.
Sandwich makers are of great help when it comes to preparing a delicious yet quick snack. An ideal sandwich maker is easy to clean and store with a non-stick coating. Ensure that it has heat settings to control its temperature according to your preference and has wider opening plates. The efficiency of each sandwich maker may differ, so research well about your requirements before making a purchase.
- Best Peanut Butter For Gym
- Best Electric Kettles
- Best Vegetable Choppers
- Best Stainless Steel Lunch Boxes