If you or your children love sandwiches, you will need the best sandwich makers. A sandwich maker is a device you can use to make sandwiches by stacking up layers of meat, eggs, cheese, or vegetables. They help in toasting your sandwiches until they achieve the required brown look.
Also, if you have a suitable device, you can make the best sandwiches without bread for a perfect paleolithic diet. Read on as we list the best sandwich makers recommended by home experts and tell you what you should consider when choosing the right
13 Best Sandwich Makers to Buy
1. Best For Customizable:Hamilton Beach Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker
This quality-tested sandwich maker is a great option for making two customized sandwiches at a time. The dual-sided sandwich maker cooks sandwiches within five minutes and comes with a plate for cooking and layering an egg within the bun. You may check more about this easy-to-use product from this review video.
- Non-stick coating makes it easy to clean
- Removable parts are dishwasher-safe
- Egg plate slides out after cooking
- Digital timer with beep alert
- Handy recipe guide included
- Eggs may leak out of the plate
- Plate may not cook eggs properly
2. Cuisinart WM-SW2N Dual-Sandwich Non-Stick Electric Grill
This grilled sandwich maker is a good choice if you want to cook gourmet food on functional grills. It can fit up to two sandwiches that can be diagonally cut when cooking and comes with a three-year warranty. This review video gives you more information about the product.
- Durable grill plates
- Non-stick surfaces for easy cleaning
- Cooks omelets, waffles, and French toast
- Locking lid ensures both sides are browned evenly
- Dual indicator lights
- Heat may not be adequate for cooking sandwiches
- Cooking area is not very deep
This tried-and-tested product is one of the best sandwich makers if you have a kitchenette. It is designed to allow you to customize your sandwiches. The versatile and portable sandwich maker can also be used for grilling fruit, meats, and vegetables and making great food for breakfast.
- Durable and lightweight sandwich grill
- Quickly reaches optimum temperature
- PFOA-free, non-stick cooking surface for easy cleaning
- Large preheating and cooking indicators
- Non-slip feet make it sturdy
- Easy-to-lift handle
- May generate a lot of smoke
- No switch to turn it on/off
- Sandwiches have to be flipped
4. Best For Grilling Meat:T-fal EZ Clean Sandwich And Waffle Maker
This multifunctional sandwich maker has two sets of cooking plates that can be switched to make waffles or sandwiches. The quality-tested electric sandwich maker is a great option for making breakfast for your family.
- Fits up to two sandwiches/waffles
- non-stick plates are dishwasher-safe
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Indicator lights for cooking/heating
- Can be stored vertically
- Handle may break easily
- Manual provided may not be useful
This is one of the best toasted sandwich makers for use on a stovetop. Made of durable aluminum alloy, this sandwich maker is a good option if you want to toast a sandwich on an open fire outdoors or a gas stove. This sandwich maker offers a convenient way to cook your favorite snacks quickly.
- Non-stick coated interior
- Durable heat-resistant handle
- Requires less oil when cooking
- Material of the pan is thin
This is a stylish pocket sandwich maker. The compact sandwich maker fits four pieces at a time and makes perfectly cut and cooked sandwiches with ease. As per the reviewers, it reaches an optimum cooking temperature quickly and creates sandwich pockets within minutes.
- Easy-to-clean non-stick surface
- Ceramic- and titanium-reinforced surface releases food quickly
- No need for oil or butter
- Heat-resistant handle
- Offers diagonal indentation
- Compact and durable build
- Indicator lights let you know when the sandwiches are cooked
- Does not fit in thick sandwiches
- Does not close properly
- Handle tends to break
This device is one of the best toasted sandwich makers as it comes with a floating hinge that allows you to adjust the cooking height. It is a good choice to cook gourmet food and paninis and toast or grill vegetables and meat.
- Grills sandwiches, vegetables, and meats
- Non-stick surface can be easily cleaned with a cloth
- Durable build with steel exterior
- Power and heat indicator lights
- Sturdy and safe handle
- Difficult to close
- Hinge may not be durable
This tried-and-tested sandwich maker is a must-have kitchen item that features non-stick cooking plates. The non-stick sandwich maker has a compact build, is easy to use, and creates perfectly cooked grilled-cheese sandwiches within minutes.
- Non-stick coated surface can be easily cleaned
- Preheating and power-on indicator lights
- Can be stored upright
- Cord can be easily wrapped
- Efficient locking system
- No grill lines
- Uneven heating
9. Best Compact:Chefman Electric Panini Press Grill And Gourmet Sandwich Maker
This is the best grilled sandwich maker that can also work as a panini press. It is designed to fit two sandwiches with a lot of filling. The sandwich press can also be opened flat, and you can use each grill side individually.
- 180-degree open-flat cooking position
- Floating hinge design
- Bottom and top grill plates can be operated individually
- Skid-resistant feet and compact build
- Removable drip tray
- Non-stick plates can be quickly cleaned
- Does not fit two sandwiches comfortably
- Closes at an angle and is difficult to use
10. Best With Run-Off Channels:Black+Decker 3-In-1 Sandwich Maker
This electric sandwich maker is a versatile offering and has removable plates that can be used to grill meat/vegetables and make waffles and sandwiches. As per reviews, this breakfast sandwich maker has a durable build and elegant design to suit most modern kitchens.
- Grill, sandwich, and waffle plates
- Preheating and power indicators
- Heat-resistant handles
- Non-stick plates are dishwasher-safe
- Run-off channels for removing grease
- Cool-touch handles
- Non-stick coating is not durable
- Temperature cannot be controlled
11. Best Easy-To-Carry:Brentwood Panini Press And Sandwich Maker
This sandwich maker cum panini press is a great option if you want to cook healthy meals with whole grain bread. The sandwich maker has a good-sized cooking area and can fit up to two sandwiches and toast them fast.
- Power and preheating indicators
- Secure lock on the handle
- Can be easily carried and stored
- Non-stick plates can be easily cleaned
- Handle and exterior may not be durable
- Non-stick coating peels off
12. Best For Two Sandwiches:OSTBA Sandwich Maker
This is a good-quality pocket sandwich maker. The versatile sandwich toaster can also be used to make panini sandwiches and allows you to make nutritious breakfasts and snacks for your family.
- Non-stick coating on plates
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Fits two sandwiches easily
- Two indicator lights
- Cable can be easily wrapped and stored
- Safety lock allows for easy closure
- Cool-touch handle
- Double-side baking
- Does not close properly
- Exterior parts may crack/break quickly
This quality-tested elegant and quick sandwich maker can be easily operated and has a versatile design, allowing you to cook omelets, pocket sandwiches, and French toast. It heats up quickly and gets breakfast cooked faster.
- Heats up within three minutes
- Anti-skid feet prevent any slipping
- Durable and heat-resistant body and handle
- Non-stick coated and deep-pocketed plates
- Lightweight device can be easily transported
- Power and preheating indicator lights
- Produces a foul smell as it heats up
- Non-stick coating may peel off
How To Choose The Right Sandwich Maker?
To know how people go about choosing the right sandwich maker for their needs, continue reading.
- Consider your family size: If you have a family of four to six members and need to make snacks or breakfast every day, buy a sandwich maker that can hold a minimum of two sandwiches. This will allow you to make breakfast at a faster pace.
- Versatility of the device:Buy a sandwich maker that has removable plates for making waffles or grilling vegetables. This allows you to get the most out of it when making breakfast or a snack.
- Electric or stovetop: Based on whether you want to cook without increasing your electricity bill or just want to go camping, choose an electric or stovetop sandwich maker. A stovetop sandwich maker comes in handy when cooking outdoors.
- Durability and compactness: Getting a sandwich maker that is compact allows you to store it in an upright position, which is perfect for a small kitchen or a college dorm room.
- Coating on the cooking surfaces: A sandwich maker that has a Teflon or non-stick coating on the cooking surface or plates can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth and kept free of rust and corrosion.
- Thermal insulation and floating hinges: Sandwich makers with good thermal insulation can be operated easily as the handles and body remain cool to touch and do not cause burns. Floating hinges allow for sandwiches with more fillings to be toasted easily, while locks allow the lid to remain secure.
- Additional features to consider: The best sandwich makers come with several nifty features, including space for wrapping the cable, power indicators, and an on/off switch. So, consider these additional features.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our household and kitchen appliance reviewer, Sakshi John, prioritizes quality products that are highly safe, portable, and easy to use. This list of top sandwich makers available in the market was compiled after extensively researching multiple online forums and user reviews. Furthermore, these sandwich makers have various features, such as an in-built waffle maker, to help you pick one according to your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between a sandwich maker and a panini maker?
Sandwich and panini makers toast and grill bread and sandwiches. The only difference is that the panini maker is specially designed for panini-shaped bread but can also be used for sandwich bread. On the other hand, a sandwich maker cannot be interchangeably used for panini bread due to its four triangular-pocket designs.
2. What is the difference between a sandwich maker and a griller?
Here are the common differences between the two appliances: (a) A sandwich maker is an electrical device; a griller can be electrical or stove-top-based. (b) A sandwich maker has exclusive triangular pockets; a griller has a BBQ-style flat plate. (c) A sandwich maker cannot grill other foods; a griller can toast sandwiches. (d) A sandwich maker cannot separate grease from food, but a griller can.
3. Are sandwich makers useful?
Sandwich makers are simple, compact, cost-effective electrical devices that instantly prepare well-toasted crispy triangular sandwiches. They are user-friendly and easy to maintain. Grillers, however, are heavy-duty and don’t bestow your sandwiches the classic triangular shape.
4. What else can I do with a sandwich maker?
The triangular plates sandwich maker can churn out omelets and french toast, while the ring-styled maker can help make taco cups, mini pizzas, mini burgers, molten lava cake, etc. The griller ones can cook almost any BBQ-based meal.
So, if you are craving a delicious sandwich, a sandwich maker can come to your rescue. When purchasing one, look for features like a non-stick surface, ease of use, lightweight build, and easy maintenance. You might also want to check the sandwich maker’s capacity to make multiple sandwiches at once for convenience. Additional features, like adjustable heat, waffle making, and vegetable grilling options can elevate your snacking experience. We hope our list of the best sandwich makers can help you analyze the available options to find a suitable one.
Infographic: How To Clean A Sandwich Maker?
Besides procuring a high-quality sandwich maker, it is also essential to use it properly to increase its durability and ensure a mess-free experience. So, check out the following infographic to learn the nitty-gritty involved in keeping the maker spick-and-span.