If you or your children love sandwiches, you will need the best sandwich makers. A sandwich maker is a device you can use to make sandwiches by stacking up layers of meat, eggs, cheese, or vegetables. They help in toasting your sandwiches until they achieve the required brown look.
Also, if you have a suitable device, you can make the best sandwiches without bread for a perfect paleolithic diet. Read on as we list the best sandwich makers available online and tell you what you should consider when choosing the right sandwich maker.
Top Products From Our List
13 Best Sandwich Makers to Buy
This sandwich maker is a great option for making two customized sandwiches at a time. It cooks sandwiches within five minutes, and comes with a plate for cooking and layering an egg within the bun.
- Non-stick coating makes it easy to clean
- Removable parts are dishwasher-safe
- Egg plate slides out after cooking
- Digital timer with beep alert
- Handy recipe guide included
- Eggs may leak out of the plate
- Plate may not cook eggs properly
2. Cuisinart WM-SW2N Dual-Sandwich non-stick Electric Grill
This grilled sandwich maker is a good choice if you want to cook gourmet food on functional grills. It can fit up to two sandwiches that can be diagonally cut when cooking and comes with a three-year warranty.
- Durable grill plates
- Non-stick surfaces for easy cleaning
- Cooks omelets, waffles, and French toast
- Locking lid ensures both sides are browned evenly
- Dual indicator lights
- Heat may not be adequate for cooking sandwiches
- Cooking area is not very deep
This is the best sandwich maker if you have a kitchenette. It is designed to allow you to customize your sandwiches. The machine can also be used for grilling fruit, meats, and vegetables and making great food for breakfast.
- Durable and lightweight build
- Quickly reaches optimum temperature
- PFOA-free, non-stick cooking surface for easy cleaning
- Large preheating and cooking indicators
- Non-slip feet make it sturdy
- Easy-to-lift handle
- May generate a lot of smoke
- No switch to turn it on/off
- Sandwiches have to be flipped
This sandwich maker has two sets of cooking plates that can be switched to make waffles or sandwiches. The electric sandwich maker is a great option for making breakfast for your family.
- Fits up to two sandwiches/waffles
- non-stick plates are dishwasher-safe
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Indicator lights for cooking/heating
- Can be stored vertically
- Handle may break easily
- Manual provided may not be useful
This is one of the best toasted sandwich makers for use on a stovetop. Made of durable aluminum alloy, this sandwich maker is a good option if you want to toast a sandwich on an open fire outdoors or a gas stove.
- Non-stick coated interior
- Durable heat-resistant handle
- Requires less oil when cooking
- Material of the pan is thin
This is a stylish pocket sandwich maker. It fits four sandwiches that can be perfectly cut and cooked. It reaches an optimum cooking temperature quickly and creates sandwich pockets within minutes.
- Easy-to-clean non-stick surface
- Ceramic- and titanium-reinforced surface releases food quickly
- No need for oil or butter
- Heat-resistant handle
- Offers diagonal indentation
- Compact and durable build
- Indicator lights let you know when the sandwiches are cooked
- Does not fit in thick sandwiches
- Does not close properly
- Handle tends to break
This device is one of the best toasted sandwich makers as it comes with a floating hinge that allows you to adjust the cooking height. It is a good choice to cook gourmet food and paninis or toast/grill vegetables and meat.
- Grills sandwiches, vegetables, and meats
- Non-stick surface can be easily cleaned with a cloth
- Durable build with steel exterior
- Power and heat indicator lights
- Sturdy and safe handle
- Difficult to close
- Hinge may not be durable
This sandwich maker is a must-have kitchen item that features non-stick cooking plates. It has a compact build, is easy to use, and creates perfectly cooked grilled-cheese sandwiches within minutes.
- Non-stick coated surface can be easily cleaned
- Preheating and power-on indicator lights
- Can be stored upright
- Cord can be easily wrapped
- Efficient locking system
- No grill lines
- Uneven heating
This is the best grilled sandwich maker that can also work as a panini press. It is designed to fit two sandwiches with a lot of filling. It can also be opened flat, and you can use each grill side individually.
- 180-degree open-flat cooking position
- Floating hinge design
- Bottom and top grill plates can be operated individually
- Skid-resistant feet and compact build
- Removable drip tray
- Non-stick plates can be quickly cleaned
- Does not fit two sandwiches comfortably
- Closes at an angle and is difficult to use
This electric sandwich maker is a versatile offering and has removable plates that can be used to grill meat/vegetables and make waffles and sandwiches. It has a durable build and elegant design to suit most modern kitchens.
- Grill, sandwich, and waffle plates
- Preheating and power indicators
- Heat-resistant handles
- Non-stick plates are dishwasher-safe
- Run-off channels for removing grease
- Cool-touch handles
- Non-stick coating is not durable
- Temperature cannot be controlled
This sandwich maker cum panini press is a great option if you want to cook healthy meals with whole grain bread. It has a good-sized cooking area that can fit up to two sandwiches and toast them fast.
- Power and preheating indicators
- Secure lock on the handle
- Can be easily carried and stored
- Non-stick plates can be easily cleaned
- Handle and exterior may not be durable
- Non-stick coating peels off
This is a good-qualitypocket sandwich maker. The versatile device can also be used to make panini sandwiches and allows you to make nutritious breakfasts and snacks for your family.
- Non-stick coating on plates
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Fits two sandwiches easily
- Two indicator lights
- Cable can be easily wrapped and stored
- Safety lock allows for easy closure
- Cool-touch handle
- Double-side baking
- Does not close properly
- Exterior parts may crack/break quickly
- Heats up within three minutes
- Anti-skid feet prevent any slipping
- Durable and heat-resistant body and handle
- Non-stick coated and deep-pocketed plates
- Lightweight device can be easily transported
- Power and preheating indicator lights
- Produces a foul smell as it heats up
- Non-stick coating may peel off
How To Choose The Right Sandwich Maker?
To know how people go about choosing the right sandwich maker for their needs, continue reading.
1. Consider your family size
If you have a family of around 4–6 members and need to make snacks or breakfast every day, buy a sandwich maker that can hold a minimum of two sandwiches. This will allow you to make breakfast at a faster pace.
2. Versatility of the device
Buy a sandwich maker that has removable plates for making waffles or grilling vegetables. This allows you to get the most out of it when making breakfast or a snack.
3. Electric or stovetop
Based on whether you want to cook without increasing your electricity bill or just want to go camping, choose an electric or stovetop sandwich maker. A stovetop sandwich maker comes in handy when cooking outdoors.
4. Durability and compactness
Getting a sandwich maker that is compact allows you to store it in an upright position, which is perfect for a small kitchen or a college dorm room.
5. Coating on the cooking surfaces
A sandwich maker that has a Teflon or non-stick coating on the cooking surface or plates can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth and kept free of rust and corrosion.
5. Thermal insulation and floating hinges
Sandwich makers with good thermal insulation can be operated easily as the handles and body remain cool to touch and do not cause burns. Floating hinges allow for sandwiches with more fillings to be toasted easily, while locks allow the lid to remain secure.
6. Additional features to consider
The best sandwich makers come with several nifty features, including space for wrapping the cable, power indicators, and an on/off switch. So, consider these additional features.
If you are on the hunt for a sandwich maker, you are in luck as the world is taking notice of the multiple health benefits of sandwiches, especially those made from whole grain bread. Not surprisingly, you can find different types of sandwich makers that fit into your budget and help you maintain a healthy and balanced diet.