It goes without saying that an education can make or break a child’s life. While many schools still believe and focus on only academics, the trend is slowly changing. Now, more schools have come to understand the need to integrate all round development in their students. Like most cities in India, Ahmedabad too has a diverse and interesting variety of schools for you to consider sending your child to.
25 Best Schools In Ahmedabad
1. Ahmedabad International School (AIS):
- This best school in Ahmedabad is located in Bodakdev and has classes from Kinder Garten to Grade 12.
- The school has an interesting mix of options. After class 7, your child may choose to study either in the Gujarat state syllabus or follow the Cambridge examination system. The same options are available upon the completion of Grade X as well. Your child may continue either in the Gujarat state syllabus or choose the Cambridge A Level or International Baccalaureate.
- The school is not simply academic oriented it also has a number of co-curricular activities lined up for your kid beyond classroom studying. This includes yoga, life skill trips and art and design. Considering that the school offers several different options to your kid over the course of the child’s career – this school may certainly be worth checking out for your kid.
Opp Rajpath Row House, Behind Kiran Motors,
Bodakdev, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015
[ Read: Sainik Schools in India ]
2. Sant Kabir School:
- Sant Kabir was established way back in 1985 as a modest attempt to render quality education, today it has grown to be a school with great repute and has nearly 7000 students and more than 300 teachers.
- The school offers both CBSE and Gujarat state syllabus curriculum. It has classes from Kindergarten all the way to class XII.
- Sant Kabir has 3 branches. The branches in Navrangpura and Naranpura follow the Gujarat state syllabus whereas the Drive-In campus follows the CBSE model. The facilities it offers are fairly standard for a school in its class.
- Large airy classrooms, well equipped labs and a skilled staff, make this school a worthy one for your child!
- What is noteworthy is the particular way in which the extracurricular activities are designed. All the extracurricular activities are designed with a social service orientation in mind.
Behind H.L College of Commerce,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380009
3. Mahatma Gandhi International School:
- This is another top schools in Ahmedabad that is named after perhaps the most famous Gujarati ever. And, true its name, the quality of education rendered here is of international standards.
- Mahatma Gandhi International School This school has classes from Kindergarten to Class XII. The school follows the Cambridge examinations system up until Grade 12. Class XII – follows International Baccalaureate.
- The faculty is drawn from diverse and eclectic backgrounds. What is also interesting about this school is that it uses the concept of learning spaces to organize its physical buildings and structures. This is oriented towards more wholesome teaching that can take place not just in the classroom, but also in all the other spaces where students interact with the teaching faculty.
- Every classroom is spacious and airy, and other facilities like the laboratories and libraries are also well planned and equipped to handle the syllabus until class 12.
- If you have not considered this kind of school for your child before – you may want to explore this school further to see if it would be a suitable and nurturing environment for your kid. The peer groups and teaching communities – coming as they do from very diverse backgrounds – would very likely have a profoundly positive impact on your child.
Sheth Motilal Hirabhai Bhavan,
Opp. Induben Khakhrawala, Mithakali,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380006
4. Best High School:
- With a name like “Best” school your expectations from this school will probably be very high. The good news is that the school does justify its name to a great extent.
- The school is located in the Maninagar area of Ahmedabad. The school has been running since 1958 and follows the Gujarat state syllabus curriculum.
- It offers classes from Kindergarten all the way to Class XII. The students may choose either science or commerce streams after they complete Class X.
- All classrooms are equipped with large 42” plasma television and Wi Fi connectivity to facilitate audio visual teaching.
- The school also has a first aid room, computer labs, fully equipped labs, and interactive tutorial rooms.
- The school has over 4500 students and the staff goes out of their way to provide not just quality education, but also holistic development and motivation to each student. If you live near the Maninagar neighborhood, you can certainly consider this school for your kid as this will offer your child a relaxed education – rather than a hurried one.
Gokulnathji Mandir Marg, Near Bhairavnath Char Rasta,
Opp. Gokul Society Bhairavnath Road,
Maninagar, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380008
Phone Number: 079 2543 3840
5. Maharaja Agrasen Vidyalaya:
- This school is a part of the Maharaj Agrasen group of educational institutions that are spread throughout Uttar Pradesh – and especially in Lucknow. The reputation of the group schools in Uttar Pradesh has followed the branch of this school group in Ahmedabad.
- The Ahmedabad branch of the school is located in the Odhav neighborhood of the city. The educational syllabus is patterned on the CBSE curriculum. Children of any age can be admitted, provided there is a seat.
- This school has also made a reputation for itself for being a school that gives equal importance to academics as well as extra-curricular activities such as singing, dance, tennis, karate, etc.
- The classrooms are very well equipped, including integrating Audio-Video projectors. The medium of instruction is English, but both Hindi and English teaching go hand in hand at this school where Hindi is introduced as early as Junior KG. The school has pre-school, primary, secondary and higher secondary classes.
- If you live in the neighborhood of Odhav, you must certainly consider this school as one of your serious options for your child.
Near Sterling Hospital, Gurukul Road,
Memnagar, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380052
[ Read: Best CBSE Schools In Kolkata ]
6. Amrit Jyoti Primary School:
- The Amrit Jyoti School in Ahmedabad has two campuses, one in Pritamnagar and another in Ambawadi. This school has classes from Kindergarten to High School (Class X). The school is affiliated to the Gujarat Board of Secondary Education, and hence follows the Gujarat state syllabus curriculum.
- One of the most interesting facts about this school is that the founders have started the school with a very specific philosophy. This philosophy is to prepare the children that go to this school for the outside social world through a lot of spiritual training. The founders believe that the spiritual dimension of man is truly the most significant one and hence they train children from that perspective.
- While spiritual learning is given a lot of importance at the school, other co-curricular activities such as music, dance and art too find a way into the curriculum. The school believes in Simple living and High thinking and this reflects in every child that has graduated from the school.
- Sports are also part of the curriculum and trained coaches help students excel in a sport of their choice.
5, Hirabag Society, Ellisbridge,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380006
7. Cosmos Castle International School:
- This school is located near the YMCA Club of Ahmedabad and was established in 1999. This school was the vision of a reputed textile industrialist of the previous generation.
- The school is affiliated to the Central system and hence offers the CBSE pattern to its students. The school has classes from Kindergarten to Class XII.
- One of the most notable features of this particular school is that they pay a lot of attention to education that can take place in the world of the new technologies. Hence, they have made significant investments in equipping the school with the latest digitally enabled learning platforms to motivate children to learn. This may mean that your child will have access to some of the newest digital technologies in the world. The child’s education can therefore become very wholesome and well-rounded.
- Festivals like rakshabandan, Gandhi Jayanthi, Uttarayan are celebrated with great fervor at the school. Children are encouraged to take part in all co-curricular activities.
- The school’s self-contained large campus has tennis courts, art rooms, well stocked libraries and air conditioned smart classrooms that provide an ambience of learning and exploring.
598/1 Makarba, Opp. Divya Bhaskar,
S G Road, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380058
8. Anand Niketan School:
- Anand Niketan has been offering quality education from 2005. The school follows the CBSE pattern and offers classes from Kinder Garten to Class XII. It has 8 branches Ahmedabad.
- This school is noteworthy as it offers students multiple options for co-curricular and extracurricular activities such as drama, music, dance and arts. The school has a fairly good reputation among the student and parent community.
- All the 8 branches have impressive architecture, buildings and a fleet of busses to facilitate easy pick and drop for your child.
- Music is an important part of growing up at Anand Niketan, where talented teachers motivate children interested in various musical instruments. The music room has most instruments like the violin, harmonium, flute and even the drums.
- The schools also have a large and airy art room, a well run dispensary, gymnasium, and an open air theater with a good seating capacity.
Behind Novotel Hotel, Near Asawari Tower,
Off S.G Road, Satellite, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015
9. Delhi Public School:
- The chain of schools established and run under the brand name “Delhi Public School” have built up an enviable reputation over the last two decades. This school is the Ahmedabad franchisee of the Delhi Public School.
- This Ahmedabad school does a lot of justice to the reputation of being a unit of DPS. The campus of this school is located in Bopal. As is typical of most Delhi public schools, the syllabus is that of the CBSE. The school has classes all the way from Kinder Garten to Class XII.
- In addition to the formally prescribed school curriculum, DPS also offers the opportunity to participate in a wide range of co-curricular and extracurricular activities, including music, dance, etc. All the facilities are generally on par with the standards of all DPS schools in other parts of the country.
- In certain respects – e.g., rock climbing wall – it has some pioneering and exclusive facilities in the whole of Gujarat. The school engages its students in constructive activities like planting trees, sessions on solar energy and other energy and water conservation activities.
- Co-curricular activities go hand in hand with academics, and the school has a number of talented teachers who foster and motivate creativity and talent in the children of the school.
Bopal Square, Near Bopal Railway Crossing,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380058
[ Read: CBSE Schools In Delhi ]
10. Amrut School:
- This school is located in the Cantonment area of Ahmedabad. It is a very good and modest neighborhood school and has classes from Kindergarten to Class X.
- A child can choose between the Gujarat state syllabus curriculum and the CBSE school curriculum. This is because this group of schools has a dual affiliation.
- The founders and management of the school lay a special emphasis on social responsibility. The school’s education philosophy is built around this theme.
- Computers and technology is used to the best to impart the well-developed lesson plans in the school. All classrooms have state of the art audio video equipment, to enable interactive learning.
- The trust also involves the children in activities that ooze social responsibility. Needy students are also exempted from paying an exorbitant fee at this school.
15, Cantonment, Shahibaug, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380003
11. D A V International School:
- This school is a branch of the famous Dayanand Anglo-Vedic group of schools and educational institutions that has branches throughout North India. Their Ahmedabad branch is located in the Makarba area and has an impressive campus with lush green play areas, well maintained tennis and badminton courts and separate wings for primary and secondary classes.
- As is typical of these schools nationwide, they follow the CBSE pattern. Facilities here are on par with the DAV schools worldwide. It is not for nothing that they have made a reputation in the education sector. The school has been delivering quality education, not just in the recent past, but for several decades and generations now. The heritage and philosophy of the school are inspired by the teachings of Swami Dayanand Saraswati and the Arya Samaj.
- Every year students of the school take part in several inter school competitions and bag prizes in nearly every vertical like sports, literature and art. The school believes that learning is a lifetime experience and do not pressurize children to perform like most schools do. Each child is given him time and the encouragement needed to learn and excel at his own pace.
Off Pralahadnagar Corporate Road,
Ahead of Vodafone Corporate House, Makarba,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380051
12. Euro School:
- The Euro School in Ahmedabad has a fairly extensive campus. It is located in Hebatpur. It is affiliated to the CBSE in Delhi and offers classes from Kindergarten to Class XII.
- What distinguishes this particular school from a number of similar schools in Ahmedabad is the facilities it has. In particular, it has a fairly expansive auditorium.
- The school believes in their motto and strives to achieve it. Learn… Explore… Discover Yourself. And, this is precisely what the school does. The balanced schooling curriculum and methodology that the school has set for itself, allows each child to discover his hidden potentials. Studies at this school is a healthy mix of academics, and co-curricular activities.
- High speed internet connectivity, customized educational software, audio-video enabled smart classrooms are just a few of the features of this progressive school.
- This school would certainly be a great option for you to consider for your child – especially if you live in the Hebatpur area and if you have a flexible budget that can be expanded to accommodate this school. However, once you have seen the school and its facilities, you will rest assured that your money would certainly have been very well spent.
Thaltej Cross Rd, Hebatpur via Thaltej
13. Rajasthan Hindi High School:
- Located in the Shahibaug area of Ahmedabad, this school is one of the older traditional schools. Even though this school offers a syllabus patterned on the syllabus of Gujarat state, it has built up a reputation for providing quality education over the years.
- It has classes from Kindergarten to Class XII and has also taken some tech-savvy steps to make the content of its education current and relevant. If you are looking for a traditional school, this is the one for your child.
- This school that is guided by a prominent scientist has career counselling, life skill workshops and remedial support that helps students achieve their academic goals easily. Yearly science exhibitions, educational tours, exchange programs and community services are part of the many co-curricular activities at this reputed school.
- The school has a state of the art campus and all classrooms are technology enabled. The resource center has the latest of books and CDs, and the campus also has large playgrounds and a canteen for the students.
Thaltej Cross Rd, Hebatpur, Thaltej,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380058
14. Som Lalit School:
- This school is located in the Navrangpura area of Ahmedabad. This school has been serving Ahmedabad for over 20 years now.
- This school offers a different kind of pattern – it offers CBSE until class 8 and Gujarat state syllabus pattern after class 8. The school offers classes from Kindergarten to Class XII.
- The school also offers several co-curricular and extracurricular activities, including dance, music and art. Enrichment classes, educational trips and yearly fairs and exhibitions are part of curriculum and learning.
- Som Lalit School also has a counselling center that helps children understand and delve into their potentials.
- This school that believes that mental and physical development should go hand in hand, has ample space to play and trains their children in various sports including athletics.
49 A, Hindu Colony, Navrangpura,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380014
15. Udgam School:
- This school is located in the Thaltej area of Ahmedabad. The school offers classes from Kinder Garten all the way to Class XII. The syllabus and the exams are patterned on the CBSE syllabus.
- This CBSC school in Ahmedabad is notable for some of the facilities it offers. Most schools offer conventional sports like cricket, etc. as options. However, Udgam school offers other sports such as badminton, chess and roller skating as options in addition to the other regular sports and games.
- Udgam School also has a cafeteria, crèche or daycare facility for kids of working parents, a high-tech computer lab, and a homeopathic clinic.
- Children with learning disabilities are also enrolled and help is meted out to them so they can gradually work towards joining the mainstream. The staff of the school has been trained to handle special education needs and is very compassionate and patient with students.
Opp. Sardar Patel Institute, Thaltej,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380054
16. The Riverside School:
- A new generation school that is very savvy and technologically smart. The entire campus is really very well planned and built. The school is located near the Cantonment area of Ahmedabad. The campus of this school is certainly very impressive.
- Classes are offered from Kinder Garten to Class XII. The pattern of the syllabus is that of the Cambridge system.
- This vibrant center is an amalgamation of the right approaches to learning that is embedded in logical reasoning and common sense. Cutting edge research and tried and tested pedagogical practices have been integrated in mapping the curriculum of this school.
- Special educators cater to the needs of children with disabilities or learning difficulties. Every child is treated equally and with compassion.
- The campus is well-planned to accommodate all age groups and the playgrounds for tiny tots is designed in a manner that nurtures young minds and allows them to learn through exploration.
307, Off Airport Road, Behind C.S.D. Depot,
Cantonment, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380004
17. Eklavya School:
- Located near Gokuldham, this school offers education to children patterned on the ICSE school syllabus.
- The school has been named after the legendary character who learns the skill of archery without an actual teacher to guide him. The school itself has certainly picked up a good reputation over the 20 years that it has now been in existence for.
- The school offers classes from Kindergarten to Class 12. This school believes that education is an infrastructure that plays a very fundamental role in determining the wellbeing of people. The management strongly believes in investing heavily in education in order to make every child a mature and responsible adult. It strives in giving quality education to as many students as it can.
- At Eklavya, every child is special and unique. The staff work tirelessly in helping each child connect with his inner talent and potential.
- The school is run in a very professional, ethical and modern fashion. Large airy rooms, well equipped labs, well maintained playgrounds facilitate a conducive learning environment.
Village Sanathal, P.O. Sarkhej, Opposite Ford Fhowroom,
Near ISRO, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 382210
18. Brams English School:
- This school is located in the Isanpur area of Ahmedabad. The education it offers is patterned on the Gujarat state syllabus. The school offers classes from Kinder Garten all the way to Class XII.
- The beautiful building has spacious and airy rooms equipped with audio visual aids that help children listen and learn.
- Great emphasis is laid on play- way method of teaching and learning. And the student teacher ratio is just 25:1.
- This co-ed school’s medium of instruction is English and interactive learning is followed. The fee structure too is very modest.
- This school is noteworthy for some of the sports and recreational facilities it offers. It has its own skating rink and offers roller skating training as a part of the curriculum. If your child has an inclination to explore activities such as roller skating this may be the school for your child, as the school focusses on not just academics but also physical development and has myriad sport activities that students can choose from.
Isanpur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 382443
19. Nirman School:
- This is another good schools in Ahmedabad that offers a curriculum based on the CBSE syllabus.
- The school has classes right from Kindergarten to Class XII. This school has made itself a reputation for producing good students that go on to do successfully in life. The school believes that their primary objective lies in imparting quality yet holistic education, and guidance to every student.
- The school spans over acres of land and has a large open playground that has a race track, and ample place to play football, cricket etc. It also has an indoor stadium for badminton, table tennis etc.
- The school building that has ground plus four floors has more than 80 airy and spacious smart classrooms, activity rooms, and a well equipped library apart from state of the art laboratories.
Opp. Shabri Apartment, Behind Indraprastha bungalow,
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015
20. Swastik Sattva Vikas School:
- Located in Thaltej, this school offers classes all the way from Kindergarten to Class XII. The school strives to provide every student holistic and wholesome education.
- The design and philosophy of this school are based on a very conscious and deliberate interpretation of Indian culture. Even though the school is patterned on the CBSE syllabus, the actual teaching and the extra-curricular activities organized in this school are all framed around Indian cultural themes.
- The school is at par with most international schools and has facilities such as a science zone, techno ignition hub, cafeteria, words worth lab, an art room, and spacious smart classrooms.
- The school also trains their children in athletics, basketball, volleyball and other sports activities.
- If you are someone that takes your patriotism seriously – as do a lot of people – you should certainly check this school out. Raising a child in one’s own native cultural environment is something that a lot of parents would like to do. This school offers a good setting for that kind of education.
New 100 feet road, off Sarkhej- Gandhinagar Highway,
Near Sindhu Bhavan, Thaltej, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380059
[ Read: ICSE Schools In Mumbai ]
21. Adani Vidya Mandir:
- This school is a relatively newer entrant to Ahmedabad’s education market. It is located in the Makarba neighborhood of the city. Its syllabus is patterned on the CBSE curriculum. It has classes from Lower Kindergarten to Class XII.
- Sports and social awareness are integrated as part of the school’s curriculum.
- Since the school is relatively new, most of the infrastructure and facilities are also new. When compared with schools in a similar league, it certainly does offer some distinct advantages like smart classrooms, well equipped state of the art labs, ample play area and a math lab.
- The school sends their children to several inter school competitions that give them an edge in today’s competitive world.
Adani CNG Pump, Off Gandhinagar Hwy,
Makarba, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380051
22. A G High School:
- This is a traditional school that has made a reputation for itself by delivering quality education over several years. The school follows the Gujarat state syllabus. It has classes from lower Kindergarten to Class XII and is located in Navrangpura.
- The school fees is modest and yet the quality of education is at par of many international level schools.
- This premier educational institution has both English and Gujarati medium wings and gives both academics and all round development a common dais.
- The playground has badminton, volleyball courts and well trained coaches to train the students in a sport of their interest.
Near Uco Bank, Shakti Society,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380014
23. Prakash Higher Secondary School:
- This is a school that was founded by a visionary educationist. This school was established in 1971 and has been in existence for nearly forty five years now. The school has adopted the CBSE syllabus and strives to render quality education at a modest fee structure.
- It has gradually built up a reputation of being a very good school and providing a nurturing environment for children. Even though some of the infrastructure and buildings.The school has large, airy classrooms, spacious auditorium and several seminar rooms.
- The medium of instruction is English and the school also has a large playground, science labs and well stocked libraries.
Near Sandesh Press, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380054
Phone Number: + (91) -79-26840123, 26858888
24. Rachna School:
- The Rachana School is truly one of the legendary schools of Ahmedabad. It has been around for more than 50 years. There are very few schools – not just in Ahmedabad, but in the whole of India – that can claim that kind of history and heritage.
- The school follows the CBSE pattern of education and has classes all the way from Kindergarten to Class XII. The school has dedicated subject labs, UCMAS classes for students and co-curricular activities like storytelling, tie and dye classes, apart from regular art, craft and dance sessions for each student.
- As the name of the school itself suggests, this school is very strongly oriented towards encouraging a child’s creativity. The school has taken its name to its heart and has invested a lot in trying to encourage children to be at their creative best.
- The school also offers French classes and involves the students in several social awareness activities revolving around environment and health issues. The school runs an Antipollution rally each year to spread the awareness of pollution and its detrimental effects on the society.
- The school also teaches each student first hand basics. Every year the students are also made to don the role of movie critics and asked to write reviews. This fosters creativity, literary skills and thinking. This school believes in imparting education the fun way- and has succeeded in doing so!
Near Sujata Flats, Opp. Rita Park Society,
Shahibaug, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380004
25. Neema Vidhyalaya:
- Neema Vidhyalaya is one of the older traditional schools of Ahmedabad. It has been running for more than 4 decades now. The syllabus of this school is patterned on the Gujarat state syllabus. The medium of instruction is also Gujarati.
- The school is located in the New Vadaj neighborhood of the city. This is a school that has a reputation for being a strong institution that nurtures and supports the local Gujarati community. In turn, the local Gujarati community has fostered the school and allowed it to thrive and succeed.
- Neema Vidyalaya helps its students grow up in a framework of a strong and vibrant Gujarati culture. Not only does it believe in imparting all round development and holistic education in each child, but also strives hard to make each child confident and self-reliant.
Mevavala Nagar, Sardar Colony, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380013
Phone Number: +91-79-27559122
With a school in just about every corner, it is important that you take your time in choosing a school that your child will feel at home in. You should opt for a school that is not marks or grade oriented, but believes in shaping and molding each child and helps them become confident and happy individuals with a mind of their own.
- Top 15 International Schools In Hyderabad
- 25 Best Schools In Greater Noida
- Top 12 Residential Schools In Chennai
- Top Boarding And Residential Schools In Pune
Latest posts by Maanasi (see all)
- List Of 20 Best Schools In Nagpur City - April 25, 2016
- 25 Fun Facts And Information About Monkey For Kids - April 11, 2016
- 30 Top CBSE Schools In India For Your Kid - March 31, 2016
- 20 Top And Best Schools In Kanpur - March 31, 2016
- 20 Top And Best Schools In Indore - March 31, 2016
- List Of 20 Best CBSE Schools In Pune - March 23, 2016
- List Of 30 Best Schools In Delhi - March 23, 2016
- 30 Top And Best International Schools In India - March 18, 2016
- 25 Unknown Wolf Facts And Information For Kids - March 15, 2016
- List Of Top 15 CBSE Schools In Bangalore - March 14, 2016