Kanpur is home to some of India’s most prestigious educational institutions, including the Indian Institute of Technology. The city of temples in the state of Uttar Pradesh is also a haven for quality education. You can find the best schools in Kanpur that provide quality education to children.
If you are planning to put your child in this city, we would like to help you. We list some of the best schools to choose the most-preferred one for your child. Read on!
20 Best Schools In Kanpur:
1. Aloysius High School:
The school was founded in 1948 for Catholic boys in the city. Today, the school is open to boys from all religions. It aims to impart moral and intellectual education to students.
- The school has classes from LKG to XII.
- It follows ICSE syllabus.
- Value education, computer applications and general knowledge are part of the school’s curriculum.
- The school has a library, and cultural and sports associations to hone the talents of students.
- A fully air-conditioned computer and multimedia lab is the USP of the school.
- The school has clubs for arts and commerce, and it encourages students to take part in community service programs.
- There are indoor and outdoor facilities to play games like carom board, football and basketball.
36 Cantonment, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208004
Phone: 0512 238 1210
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: www.staloysiusknp.org
2. Guru Nanak Public School, Lajpat Nagar:
Understanding the need for quality education, Sant Baba Mohan Singh established the school in 1965. The school provides world-class education as well as motivates children to build a strong character.
- The co-educational school follows the CBSE curriculum.
- The school runs classes from play group to XII.
- Activities that aid in personality and mental development are part of the school’s curriculum.
- Excursions and tours are organized from time to time.
- The school has separate blocks for junior and high school.
- The classrooms are large and ventilated.
- There are separate labs for biology, physics and chemistry.
- The school also has a library and a large music room.
120/207, Near Boys Inter College, Lajpat Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208005
Phone: 0512-2297618, 2216370
3. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Sarsaul:
Founded in 1987, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is a leading residential school in Kanpur. It is an autonomous body under the State Department of Education.
- The school follows CBSE syllabus and is co-educational.
- Admissions to the school are based on a simple non-verbal and class-neutral entrance test.
- Being a residential school, a strict schedule is followed where children wake up at 5am and go to bed by 10pm. A schedule is followed throughout the day for playtime, classes, and self-studies.
- Art, environmental awareness, and scouts and guides are all part of the school’s curriculum.
- The school has separate residential wings for boys and girls.
- The campus is large and has a playground, art room, auditorium and other such amenities.
- The school also has a canteen that makes healthy and sumptuous food for the boarders.
Sarsaul, Kanpur 209402
Phone: (0512)2752244, (0)9897242081
4. Woodbine Gardenia School, Rawatpur:
The school, founded in 1983, lies in the heart of the city. It strives to provide opportunities for all-round development of students.
- The school has classes from playgroup to XII and follows CBSE syllabus.
- It follows a coeducational system and the method of education is in sync with the mental abilities of students in each class.
- The school has five blocks and a separate sports center.
- The building has a large playground for its students.
- Ventilated classrooms, a play room and a well-stocked library are part of the campus.
- The campus has a splash pool where kids learn to swim.
7/227, G.T. Road, Gutaiya, Rawat Pur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208019
Phone: 0512 325 6492
5. Mariampur Sr Sec School, Shastri Nagar:
What started as a modest clinic and kindergarten in 1953 by a group of Ursuline sisters who hailed from Cannanore, is now one of the best schools in Kanpur city. The school celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2007. The school strives to develop children mentally and physically and make them emotionally strong.
- The school follows CBSE syllabus but implements teaching methodologies from other syllabuses as well.
- Emphasis is laid on extra-curricular activities.
- Hymns and prayers are taught at the school.
- The school has a large prayer hall, playground and an auditorium.
- The labs are well-equipped to handle the growing needs of students and curriculum.
- There is an air-conditioned computer lab with latest Pentium units.
Shastri Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Phone: 0512 221 6638
6. Kendriya Vidyalaya, IIT:
Kendriya Vidyalaya Kanpur began in a humble bungalow in 1965. Since its inception, this citadel of education has flourished academics as well as other fields such as sports and drama.
- Like all other KVs in India, the school also follows CBSE syllabus.
- The school has seen 95% and above pass percentage in the last decade in both class X and XII.
- KV IIT understands the fact that students need to be multi-faceted and provides them training in various co-curricular activities such as dance, drama, and SUPW.
- Students can also join scouts and guides.
- The classrooms of the school are large and ventilated, creating the right ambience for students to learn.
- The playground has demarcated areas for football and cricket. Students can also learn table tennis in an indoor court.
- The labs are well equipped, and the school also has a large library stocked with magazines, journals, and encyclopedias.
IT Kanpur Campus, Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208016
7. Delhi Public School, Kalyanpur:
DPS is a chain of schools that needs no introduction. This group has been in the field of education for years and strives to provide students ample opportunities to explore, learn and grow.
- The school follows CBSE syllabus and admits both boys and girls.
- Admission is based solely on merit and students need to take an entrance test.
- Co-curricular activities, such as being part of the choir, are encouraged.
- The large activity room on the campus is equipped with gadgets to support activities.
- An array of musical instruments is taught in the music room. Students can use the room during leisure time, to practice and fine tune their skills.
- The library is a large storehouse of educational books.
- The playground is designed to play various games.
287, 295, Bithoor Road, Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208017
Phone: 0512 655 0622
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
8. The Chintels School, Ratan Lal Nagar:2
Chintels is one of the most popular schools in Kanpur. Founded in 1989 by Anurag Viji, this school aims at imparting quality education to students.
- The school has classes from playgroup to XII.
- It follows ICSE syllabus and takes in both boys and girls.
- The student-teacher ratio is 30:1.
- Highly qualified and trained teachers impart education in a fun and interesting manner.
- The school has large, airy classrooms with well-designed furniture to create a conducive environment for students to learn.
- The labs are regularly upgraded.
- A well-stocked library houses books for both students and teachers.
- Chintels has a large playground.
High-Income Grade, Ratan Lal Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208022
Phone: 0512 228 1826
9. Seth Anandram Jaipuria School, Cantonment:
- This school is recognized the Government of Uttar Pradesh and follows ICSE syllabus.
- It has classes from nursery to XII.
- While following the guidelines of the ICSE council, the school tweaks their curriculum in order to encourage children to take part in debates, symposiums and other literary activities.
- Digital teaching and learning is supported by Educomp.
- The school has air-conditioned classrooms, a well-stocked library and hi-tech labs.
- The campus has an activity room for toddlers and a resource room for teachers.
- The sports academy has modern facilities to train students in archery, skating, karate, athletics, and golf.
Narona Rd, Kanpur Cantonment, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208004
Phone: 084470 69990
10. Billabong High International School, Downtown:
Billabong High International School is one of the best centers of academic excellence not just in Kanpur but the country.
- The Cambridge-affiliated school follows its teaching methodologies and also offers CBSE syllabus.
- The curriculum is tweaked to help every child learn to the best of his abilities.
- Theme based teaching is the USP of this school.
- The student-teacher ratio is around 26:1.
- The school has a large sports center and offers students after-school courses in basketball, football, taekwondo, and chess.
- The classrooms are large and airy.
- The school also has a cafeteria.
Sirsaiya Ghat Rd, Downtown, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208001
Phone: +91 8799315547
11. Doon International School, Ratan Lal Nagar:
DIS believes that education is a self-enlightening process and is quintessential for the development of every individual. Hence, they strive at creating a platform where every student is allowed to explore, discover and learn beyond the limitations of a set curriculum.
- The school is affiliated to the CBSE board.
- The staff at the school promote and encourage students to excel not just in mathematics, science and IT but also in sports and other activities.
- Learning at the school is holistic, fun, stress-free and enjoyable.
- The school has both science and commerce streams in higher classes.
- The school has a medical room where regular check-ups are undertaken for measles, influenza, and other infections.
- The library has a collection of resources such as encyclopedias, magazines and tell-me-why series.
- The entire school is under CCTV surveillance.
- DIS Kanpur has fully equipped separate labs for each subject.
392, Ratan Lal Nagar, Kanpur – 208022
12. The Jain International School, Azadnagar:
JIS is a day-cum-boarding school in Kanpur that has world class amenities.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE board. A comprehensive evaluation is done for classes I to V and students in classes VI and above have formative term-wise assessments.
- Media skills, performing arts, theatre, and art are encouraged at the school.
- Students can join activity groups to hone their skills and indulge in a specific area of interest.
- The classrooms are large and are equipped with audio-visual facilities.
- The school also has a dining room and infirmary.
- Practical knowledge is imparted through world-class laboratories.
- The playground includes a large swimming pool and lawn tennis court.
Mainawati Marg, Azadnagar, Bithoor Road, Kanpur
Phone:+91-9670488888, +91- 923525971
13. Gaurav Memorial International School, Kalyanpur:
The school, founded in 2003, has earned a reputation within a short span. The management believes in not just academic excellence but also in the overall development of each student.
- The school follows CBSE syllabus, and the medium of instruction is English.
- Learning is made exciting through worksheets and outdoor trips.
- Foreign languages are taught at middle and secondary levels.
- Students are trained to prepare and excel in competitive exams.
- The school has airy classrooms with modern audio-visual equipment.
- The building meets international standards with large corridors and broad staircases.
- The campus has a canteen, well-stocked library, and state-of-the-art laboratories.
673, Bithoor Rd, Near Gangpur, Singhpur Kachhar, Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208017
Phone: +91- 962–168-1222, +91- 938–955-6239, +91- 983–903-1179, 0512–329-3978
14. Nurture International, Kalyanpur:
NIS Kanpur belongs to the growing Nurture International group whose motto is to spread its wings across the country in an effort to impart holistic education to young minds. This is the first educational model in the country where a child competes with himself to reach higher heights of excellence.
- The school is affiliated to the CBSE.
- The student-teacher ratio is around 30:1.
- The school has classes from nursery to XII.
- Various learning materials are used to make the process fun and interesting.
- The science lab is ultra-modern and designed to spark creativity among students.
- The library is a resourceful spot for students and teachers to find details on any topic.
- The English language lab encourages students to listen, read, speak and express themselves.
- The school has a health center.
Bithur Rd, Kalyanpur, Northern Rly. Colony, Uttar Pradesh 208017
Phone: 0522 263 7001, +91 9235620013 / 14 / 15
15. St. Francis Xavier’s, Ashok Nagar:
St. Francis Xavier’s Inter College, founded in 1948, is a well-known educational institution in Kanpur. This Christian minority institution is managed by the Catholic Education Society. The school is located in a clean and an upscale posh locality.
- The school is affiliated to the UP board and is an all-boys school.
- Prayers and hymns are taught in the school like any other subject.
- The school has classes I to XII and achieves a high pass percentage in both class X and XII exams.
111a/243, 80 Feet Rd, Ashok Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208012
Phone: 094520 31383
16. Methodist High School, Cantonment:
The Methodist High School was established in 1876 by a US-based Christian missionary educationist Isabella Thoburn, who felt the need for a good education system for the girls of the city. Since its inception, the school has done a wonderful job at rendering quality and holistic education to its students.
- Admission is based on an entrance test.
- School has classes from nursery to XII.
- The school offers ICSE/ISC syllabus as well as the Cambridge IGSCE program.
- The CIE system is offered to students from classes VI to X. At the end of the eighth year, students need to appear for a comprehensive examination in English, science and mathematics.
- Children are taken on regular educational tours.
- The school has a large auditorium.
- The playing field has a skating rink, basketball court and athletic track.
- The labs have state-of-the-art equipment.
73 Cantonment, Kanpur. 208004 Uttar Pradesh, India
Phone: +91 512 2304607, 2303855
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Dr Virendra Swaroop Education Centre, Panki:
This school was founded in the memory of Dr Swaroop, who was an eminent name in the field of education. Dr Swaroop headed the reputed ‘Dayanand Shiksha Sansthan’ that has over 25 educational institutions across Kanpur. The school was established in 1990 and has a strength of over 2,600 students.
- Dr Virendra Swaroop Education Centre follows the ICSE syllabus.
- Both science and commerce streams are available at the school.
- The student-teacher ratio is 30:1
- Co-curricular activities such as skating, photography and candle making are encouraged at the school.
- The school has a playground with facilities for basketball, handball, football, cricket, badminton, hockey and table tennis.
- A compact medical center is equipped with emergency equipment and supervised by a qualified nurse.
- There is a gym with a trained instructor.
884-A, B Block, Panki, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208020
Phone: 0512-2641352, 0512-2641353
18. Army Public School, Cantonment:
Army Public School is one of the leading educational institutions in the city lauded for its quality of education.
- The school follows CBSE syllabus.
- The staff is well trained and strive towards holistic development of students.
- The class strength is around 30, and remedial lessons are provided to those who some additional support.
- Co-curricular activities are given equal importance.
- The school has an audio-visual room with the latest equipment to aid teaching and learning.
- Career counseling is provided on the premises.
- The school has a medical room where regular medical check-ups are conducted.
- A large playground facilitates a number of games such basketball, hockey and cricket.
Address: Army School, Kanpur, Cantt
R A Lane, Nathu Singh Road
Kanpur – 208004 U.P.
Email_ID – email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Oxford Model Sr. Sec School, Shyam Nagar:
Oxford Model is considered one of the best schools in Kanpur that tirelessly strives to provide both academic and recreational opportunities to students.
- The school follows CBSE syllabus and aims at molding each child into an innovative thinker who will pursue lifelong learning.
- Students are given opportunities for all round development through the school’s multi-faceted curriculum.
- Though the medium of instruction is English, Hindi is also given importance.
- Moral, environmental and computer education form an integral part of the school’s curriculum.
- The school has separate hi-tech labs for each subject.
- The library is a reservoir of books, maps, journals, research material and encyclopedias.
Shyam Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208013
Phone: 0512 242 1716
20. Air Force School, Chakeri:
Air Force School Chakeri of Kanpur is one among the leading schools run by the Indian Air Force Educational and Cultural Society. The school aims at grooming its students to their potential. The staff goes an extra mile to help students achieve academic excellence and nurture their latent talents.
- The school follows CBSE syllabus, and the medium of instruction is English.
- Science and commerce are offered at the +2 stage.
- Social science, health and physical education are part of the school’s curriculum.
- The Air force school boasts of a large library that caters to the needs of not just students but also teachers. The library has over 4,000 books on its shelves.
- The school has a knowledge park with several models.
- The canteen provides refreshments at affordable rates.
Address: 402 – Air Force Station Chakeri,
Kanpur ( U. P.) – 08
0512-2451730 ext 4828 (Sr) 4819 (Jr)
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
These are some of the best schools in Kanpur, with a reputation for excellent campus facilities and adherence to the curriculum. These schools follow the CBSE and ICSE curricula, which may be beneficial because the education systems are nearly the same across the country. We recommend evaluating the necessary facilities for you, your partner, and your child when looking for schools. Finally, before applying for admission, pay a visit to the school. This visit could help you observe the school premises and facilities personally before making a final decision.
Disclaimer: “The list of schools has been taken from various surveys done by third-party print and online publications. MomJunction was not involved in the surveys nor it has any business partnerships with the schools covered in the list. This post is not an endorsement of the schools and parents’ discretion is advised in selecting a school.”