If you live in central India and are looking for a decent school for your child, consider sending your kid to Nagpur. The myriad of excellent schools in the city makes it an ideal environment for your little one to grow and learn. And, MomJunction has put together a list of top schools in Nagpur, including the curriculum followed by the school and complete information, to help you select the best one for your kid.
20 Best Schools In Nagpur:
1. New English School, Nagpur:
This is an English-medium co-educational school that offers quality education to students from nursery to higher secondary. The school encourages students to co-manage their education so that they gain knowledge in a stress-free environment that allows them to enjoy learning.
- The school follows the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) curriculum.
- The school imparts child-centric education and follows an activity-based approach to foster creativity and innovation.
- The school focuses on development of reading and writing skills in the primary and senior classes, with students being involved in various projects and activities.
- It encourages students to participate in extra-curricular activities such as debates, elocution, recitation, essay competition, collage, music and dance.
- The school is equipped with an excellent modern infrastructure that is essential for imparting quality education.
- It has well-equipped, well-ventilated and spacious classrooms and modern laboratories for physics, chemistry, biology, math, computer science, and electronics.
- The school provides students with an Initiation for Research and Innovation in Science (IRIS) lab.
- It also has a well-stocked library that students can use for research for various projects and activities.
- The campus houses facilities for sports such as cricket, football, basketball, tennis and badminton. It also has a gym for other athletic activities.
Walkers Road, Nagpur 440002,
Phone: +91 9096387969
[ Read: Best Schools In Pune ]
2. International School of Scholars:
Located in Wanadongri, the International School of Scholars is an international day/residential school. It focuses on value-based education, encouraging individuals to rise to occasions presented to them and accept challenges that come along the way.
- The school is affiliated with the UK based Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) and is a registered Cambridge International Centre.
- It follows the Cambridge programs for 5–19 year olds – Cambridge International Primary Program (CIPP)-5 to 11 years; Cambridge Lower Secondary Program (CLSP)-11 to 14 years; International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)-14 to 16 years; International Advance Subsidiary/Advance Level (AS/A Level)-16 to 19 years.
- The curriculum is designed to present the students’ progress to the teachers, students as well as the parents. The reporting system is designed to give information on a systematic and regular basis.
- The school offers a well-balanced physical education program, which encourages a spirit of healthy competition among the students.
- The school also encourages and facilitates various extracurricular activities such as debates, elocutions, calligraphy, public speaking, art and craft, drama, painting, photography, music and dance, and roller-skating.
- The school campus houses spacious and airy classrooms, well-equipped with modern teaching aids.
- It also offers programs for the holistic development of students, including Edu Sports, the country’s first physical education and school sports program.
- The school also houses a multi-purpose auditorium for school assemblies, events, presentations, intra-school events and stage productions.
- The hostel offers comfortable, spacious and well-designed dormitories, a study area with internet facilities and a common room for entertainment.
ISOS Building, YCCE Campus,
Wanadongri, Hingna Road, Nagpur – 441110
3. Kendriya Vidyalaya School:
Run under the aegis of the KV Sangatan, Kendriya Vidyalaya Nagpur is one of the leading CBSE schools in town. This is a school where all round development is the key focus unlike many other academics and result oriented schools in the country.
- The school follows CBSE and has classes 1 to 12.
- NCERT text books are followed at the school for all classes.
- Extracurricular activities include debates, sports and arts.
- Kids get to participate in elocution, quiz, math, science talks, mono-acting, fancy dress, storytelling and recitation, apart from dance, music, drama, art and craft.
- The school has well-equipped, airy and spacious classrooms.
- Other facilities include a library, computer and science labs, and a recreation hall.
- The campus also has a basketball court and large playground.
Address: Ordnance Factory, Ambajhari, Nagpur 440021
4. St Xavier’s High School, Nagpur:
This English-medium coeducational school is one of the top schools in Nagpur. St. Xavier’s High School offers world-class education to students to prepare them not only for examinations but also life.
- The school is affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and offers classes from I to XII.
- The school promotes a wide range of extracurricular activities including drama, singing, dancing, quizzes and debates, besides sports, all of which form an intrinsic part of the curriculum.
- The school campus offers contemporary facilities to support the students’ academic and extracurricular pursuits.
- It has spacious classrooms and state-of-the-art science and computer laboratories.
- It also has a well-stocked library, which features a huge collection of books on a range of subjects.
- It also provides excellent facilities for sports such as cricket, football, basketball and table tennis.
Address: St. Xavier’s High School,Plot No. 3372/A, Opp.Vyenkatesh Nagar, Hiwri Nagar,Nagpur- 440035.
5. G H RAISONI VIDYANIKETAN
Founded by the Singh Education Society, Edify School is part of a reputed chain of schools, colleges, and other educational institutions across India. It follows a learning methodology that includes research and offers practical experiences to the students.
- The school is affiliated to the CBSE board offering classes from nursery to X.
- It maintains a student to teacher ratio of 25:1 in each class.
- The school has air-conditioned classrooms and a well-stocked library with a range of books and periodicals for the students. The laboratories are equipped with the latest facilities.
- It offers sports and physical education as a part of the curriculum. The school campus also has a swimming pool and a multi-sport playground.
- There are classes for fine arts and performing arts to promote the varied interests of children.
- There is a well-designed and hygienic dining area in the school.
- School offers a safe and secure transport system.
Kharsa No.50,Khairi, Kamptee Road, Kamptee Rd, Nagpur- 441001
[ Read: Best Schools In Mumbai ]
6. Somalwar High School:
The Somalwar Academy was founded in 1911 and the Somalwar High School is one of the top coeducational day schools in Nagpur. The school is established under the aegis of the Somalwar Academy which runs 15 schools in the city.
- The school is affiliated to the Maharashtra Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, and offers classes from V to X (SSC).
- The curriculum enables students to focus on excellence in academics through student-centered and activity-based approaches.
- The school includes extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural programmes, art and craft, dance, music, elocution, quiz and debates as part of its curriculum.
- The school offers excellent facilities such as the school library which is well-stocked with resource books, reference books, journals, and daily newspapers.
- It provides laboratories for science, math and computers.
- Wi-Fi facilities are available to students.
Ranapratap Nagar Road Khamla, Nagpur-22
Phone : 0712 2288912, 2023535
7. Modern School:
Established in the year 1987, Modern School is built in a sprawling campus with state-of-the-art facilities. It is a day boarding co-educational school.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE and offers classes from I to XII.
- Sports, arts, and the National Cadet Corps are also a part of the curriculum offered by the school.
- The school has spacious and well-lit classrooms of which seven are multimedia enabled. There are two libraries in the school campus and also well-equipped labs for science, mathematics, and computers.
- There is a multi-sport playground as well as facilities for various indoor sports.
- It also has designated rooms for music and dance.
- The school canteen provides healthy and nutritious food.
- It also offers transport facility for the students.
J.K. Education Society, Modern School, Vidya Nagar, Koradi Road, Nagpur- 441 111
8. Bhavan’s Bhagwandas Purohit Vidya Mandir :
Bhavan’s Bhagwandas Purohit Vidya Mandir was established in 1995. It is a day boarding co-educational school, located inside a lush 6.5-acre campus.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE and offers classes from nursery to XII.
- The curriculum is designed in a holistic manner, aiming at the overall development of the students.
- The school has spacious and well-lit classrooms, resourceful library and knowledge center, along with fully-equipped labs for science, math, and computers. Arts and craft classes are a part of the curriculum as well.
- It has facilities for indoor and outdoor sports, activity rooms for music and performing arts.
- There is a counselor in the school to help children with any issues.
- The medical room is equipped with all the necessary equipment.
- The school has an auditorium and a multipurpose hall for various student gatherings.
Bhavan’s Bhagwandas Purohit Vidya Mandir, Srikrishna Nagar, Nagpur – 440 024
9. Central India Public School:
Founded in 1992, Central India Public School is a coeducational secondary school that is considered one of the best in Nagpur and the country. The school has been operating officially under the trust/society Panchavati Bahu Uddeshiya Sanstha.
- The school follows the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) curriculum.
- It offers quality educational programs that enhance the overall development of each student.
- The school houses 17 well-equipped, large and airy classrooms to give students a stimulating learning environment.
- It provides students with excellent facilities such as Composite Science Lab, Math Lab, Computer Science Lab, Library, Indoor Games, Dance Rooms, Music Rooms, Health and Medical Checkup.
- The school has a well-stocked library that has about 2200 books, reference books, periodicals, magazine, and dailies.
Opposite Baradwari Talab, Kapsi (Khurd),
Near Pardi Naka, Bhandara Road,Nagpur,
Maharashtra – 441104
10. Royal Gondwana Public School:
One of the top ranking schools in the city, Royal Gondwana Public School is a day-boarding, English medium, co-educational school. The school’s general environment is conducive to each child’s academic, physical, emotional, cultural and even spiritual development.
- The school follows the CBSE curriculum.
- It uses computer-assisted learning programmes and modern educational technology (e-learning).
- Remedial teaching and diagnostic evaluation is done to ensure academic excellence.
- The school provides excellent facilities including a well-stocked library and a reading-room. The library contains a vast collection of text-books, reference books, books on general subjects covering a wide variety of topics and novels. The reading-room has a number of newspapers and magazines in English, Marathi and Hindi.
- The school has a well-equipped spacious science laboratory as well as Mathematics and Language labs.
- It provides facilities for conducting work-experience activities and hobby classes and sufficient open spaces for sports and meditation and well laid-out gardens and lawns.
Sai Akshardham, Behind Trupti Restaurant,
Shankarpur, Nagpur 441108
[ Read: Top Schools In Navi Mumbai ]
11. Lalita Public School:
This is a top coeducational, secondary school in Nagpur. It is run under the aegis of Maashri Lalitha Pragnya Pratisthan.
- The school follows the CBSE curriculum.
- The school provides great facilities including a well-equipped science lab where students engage in activities based on daily experience and exploring surrounding environment.
- It has a well-equipped, state-of-the-art computer lab which provides students with training in basics of computer.
Wardhaman Nagar, Ring Road,
Nagpur, Maharashtra 440008
12. Delhi Public School Kamptee Road:
Established in 2006, DPS Nagpur offers English medium education from preschool to Class XII. It functions under the aegis of Delhi Public School Society, New Delhi.
- The school follows the CBSE curriculum.
- It strives to provide students with an intellectually stimulating and challenging environment is caring and nurturing, to ensure excellence in character.
- Personality development programmes are conducted regularly to inculcate leadership among children.
- The school boasts of state of the art infrastructure with science and computer laboratories and two libraries.
- It provides facilities for sports such as football, basketball, cricket, lawn tennis and indoor sports like chess, table tennis and carom.
- Art, Music and Dance rooms, Activity room, resource center, etc. are also provided by the school.
Delhi Public School Kamptee Road
11 Kms milestone, P.O.Khairi, Kamptee Road,
Nagpur – 440026
Phone: +91 9607588882/ 9607228882
13. M.K.H. Sancheti Public School & Junior College:
One of the best schools in Nagpur, Sancheti public School offers quality education in an environment that stimulates, inspires and nurtures students. It offers programs that encourage and develop overall excellence in every child.
- The school follows the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) curriculum. The assessments are based on CCE or the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation, using both formal and non-formal techniques.
- Along with the compulsory First language English and second language Hindi, from classes V to VIII, students are given a choice between Marathi and Sanskrit as the third language.
- For classes VI to X, 60% of the annual assessments are formative while the remaining 40% is summative.
- Hands-on activities, labs, projects and role play are a regular feature of the lesson plans.
- The school has an excellent infrastructure that provides e-enabled classroom, complete with computers, projectors, speakers, and advanced software, such as Class Edge. It also has e-learning rooms.
- Other facilities include science labs, computer labs, maths labs as well as other subject labs.
- The school also has a junior college on the campus.
Hindustan Colony, Beside Chandramani Bhavan,
14. Podar World School:
Podar World School was founded by the Podar Group which established its first institution in 1927. The institution has been offering education for more than 85 years now, making it one of the ace schools in Nagpur. It has a separate section called Jumbo Kids for students in playschool and pre-primary.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE and offers classes from pre-primary to XII.
- An optimum student to teacher ratio is maintained in the classrooms.
- Podar World School has digital classrooms, state-of-the-art science and computer laboratories.
- The library offers a wide range of books on arts, science, geography and more.
- Sports, physical education, extracurricular activities, and hobby classes form a part of the school curriculum.
- A counseling center is also established in the school to benefit the students.
- It has a medical facility within the campus premises.
Koradi Road, Behind Octroi Check Post, Nagpur 440030
[ Read: ICSE Schools In Mumbai ]
15. Montfort School:
Founded in 2001, Montford School is one of the top schools in Nagpur and in the country. The school has won recognition for academic excellence and imparts education which is national in character.
- The school is permanently affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Its curriculum prepares students for the All India Secondary School Examination of the All India Higher Secondary Education, New Delhi.
- The school has a state-of-the-art infrastructure with excellent facilities including well-equipped classrooms.
- It provides a well-stocked extensive library with resources for research.
- It also houses science and computer labs.
- It also has a large playground as well as sports facilities for cricket, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, badminton and other sports.
Gavsi-Manapur,Ashokwan, Wardha Road,
Post-Ruia,, Nagpur, Maharashtra – 441108, India
16. Bharati Krishna Vidya Vihar:
Established in the year 1984, B.K.V.V., Nagpur is a co-educational institution that aims at developing full physical, mental, intellectual and spiritual potential of each child.
- The school is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
- Activities such as dramatics, dance, commercial art, poster-making and elocution are made an integral part of the school’s curriculum.
- When it comes to infrastructural facilities, the school is equipped with the most modern educational and allied amenities.
- It has a well-stocked library and art room as well as a dance and music room.
- The school also offers students well-equipped modern science lab and state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment.
- For the tiny tots section, the school has a delightful Play-Room and a large playground.
Rawal Bhavan, Near Telangkhedi Garden,
Nagpur – 440 001
17. K. John Public School:
This school is a Co-Educational Senior Secondary institution that has been operating officially under the trust/society The Montfort Educational Society. It is considered one of the best schools in Nagpur due to the high quality education it imparts.
- The school follows the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) curriculum.
- The aim of the school’s curriculum is the all round development and integral growth of the human personality physical, mental, emotional, social, psychological and spiritual.
- The school is well-equipped with modern
- Infrastructural facilities such as spacious and ventilated classrooms that have the most advanced teaching aids.
- It also has an extensive library with a large collection of resource books, text books, student magazines, etc.
- It houses state-of-the-art computer labs and science labs to give students hands-on experience.
- It also has a large playground and sports ground.
SH-249, Ajini, Khapa Road, Saoner,
Nagpur, Maharashtra 441107
Phone: 07113 236 336
18. Jain International School:
Considered one of the top schools in Nagpur, Jain International School was launched in 2006 and has classes from Pre-Nursery-XII (Science and Commerce). It is a project run by Sir Shantilal Badjate Charitable Trust, Nagpur.
- The school follows the CBSE and CBSE-i (CBSE-international) curriculum. It will run the CBSE-i curriculum for Std. I –V, from the academic session 2015-16 onwards.
- The curriculum’s inbuilt flexibility provides a foundation and an extension curriculum in all subject areas to cater to the different pace of learners.
- It delivers a dynamic educational programme that encourages each student to achieve their highest potential.
- Set in a 43 acre campus, the school has the best infrastructure in the city.
- It boasts spacious state –of-the-art classrooms that create the ideal learning environment for students.
- It has well-maintained and well-equipped science and computer labs, library and other facilities.
- It also has a sports facilities including Football Ground, Swimming Pool, Volleyball Court, Cricket Pitch with Practice Net, 2 Seven Layered Synthetic Lawn Tennis Courts, Skating Rink, for outdoor sports and Yoga Room, Table tennis, Chess and Carrom Rooms for indoor sports.
Near S.B. Jain Institute of Technology Management & Research,
Yerla Village, Katol Road, Nagpur – 441501
[ Read: Residential Schools In Mumbai ]
19. NEERI Modern School:
Established in 2007, NEERI is co-educational and admits boys and girls irrespective of their caste, creed and strata. The school aims to focus on the moral, intellectual and physical aspects of education. It has been operating officially under the aegis of J. K. Education Society, Nagpur.
- The school follows the CBSE curriculum. It includes Hindi and Sanskrit.
- It offers education that builds self-discipline and self-reliance in young people along with good moral character.
- The school has modern infrastructural facilities including 12 well-equipped classrooms that provide students with a stimulating learning environment.
- It has a computer lab with 25 systems and Internet access as well as science and mathematics labs.
- The extensive library has more than 300 books.
- There is an art and craft rooms as well as a dance and music area.
- The school has 6 playgrounds for sports such as volleyball, handball, cricket, kho kho, etc. It also boasts a large kindergarten playground and archery practice area.
RPTS Road, Surendra Nagar,
Nagpur – 440020
20. Centre Point School, Katol Road:
Founded in 1988 by Aruna Upadhyaya, Centre Point has three branches in Nagpur, in Katol Road
Wardhaman Nagar and Amravati Road (Bypass). It conducts teacher-preparation programs to provide them with hands-on experience to teach the students.
- The school follows CBSE syllabus.
- First language is English and second is Hindi. Students have an option of Marathi and Sanskrit to choose as their third language.
- The co-curricular activities include music, dance, art, craft, sports, computers, Foundation of Information Technology, etc.
- The campus includes play space, and lawned area.
- The library is well-equipped.
- There are lab facilities for the science stream.
Katol Road, Nagpur.
Acknowledged as the biggest city in Central India, Nagpur has many reputable schools and colleges which provide the city’s students with quality education. If you are looking for some of the leading schools in India, Nagpur is the ideal destination.
- Top International Schools In Pune
- 20 Best CBSE Schools In Pune
- Top 10 ICSE Schools In Pune
- List Of Best IB Schools In Mumbai
Latest posts by Maanasi (see all)
- List Of 20 Best Schools In Nagpur City - April 25, 2016
- 25 Fun Facts And Information About Monkey For Kids - April 11, 2016
- 33 Top CBSE Schools In India For Your Kid - March 31, 2016
- 20 Top And Best Schools In Kanpur - March 31, 2016
- 20 Top And Best Schools In Indore - March 31, 2016
- List Of 20 Best CBSE Schools In Pune - March 23, 2016
- List Of 29 Best Schools In Delhi - March 23, 2016
- 30 Top And Best International Schools In India - March 18, 2016
- 25 Unknown Wolf Facts And Information For Kids - March 15, 2016
- List Of Top 15 CBSE Schools In Bangalore - March 14, 2016