On the banks of Tapti river stands the wealthy and ancient city of Suryapur, also known as Surat. It is fondly dubbed as ‘the diamond capital of the world’, because more than 90% of the diamonds in the world are cut and polished in this city.
Besides being famous for its diamonds, spices and ivory, Surat is also emerging as an education hub, with many private, government, and convent education institutions for children of all ages. Here is Momjunction’s list of most reputed and best schools in Surat.
Top 15 Schools In Surat:
1. Fountainhead School:
Founded in the year 2005, Fountainhead School is a renowned educational institution boasting of 1600 plus students. It offers classes from Nursery to XII grade.
- Fountainhead School is certified as an International Baccalaureate Organization World School. It’s also an authorized school for the Primary Years Programme and the CIE.
- At the plus two level, the school follows the IB Diploma Programme.
- Just like most renowned schools, Fountainhead School is equipped with computer and science laboratories, library and a gymnasium.
- The canteen offers wholesome food at an affordable price.
- There’s also a learning space for children to revise what the teachers have taught.
Opposite Ambetha Water Tank,
Kunkni Gam, Rander-Dandi Road,
Olpad Taluka, Surat
[ Read: Best Schools In Ahmedabad ]
2. Lancers Army School
Lancers Army School is a co-educational school offering classes to children from pre-primary to 12th standard.
- The school is affiliated to the CBSE.
- The school has huge, green playgrounds, spacious classrooms, laboratories, a music room, computer rooms and a mini auditorium. It also has a rich library, school canteen, and transportation facility for the children.
Lancers Army School, Piplod Address
London House, Dumas Road, Piplod
Surat, Gujarat 395007
Phone: 0261 221 2735
3. P. P. Savani Cambridge International School:
P. P. Savani Cambridge International School is an IGCSE school providing classes from Nursery to XII standard. It aims to provide quality education to children and help develop their overall personalities.
- P. P. Savani Cambridge International School offers IGCSE and A levels at the X and XII grades respectively. They offer Lower Secondary 1 and CIPP syllabus as well.
- The academic programs offered in the school aim at igniting the minds and creative a love of learning in children.
- The campus has a beautiful building and well-equipped classrooms with smart boards.
- There are laboratories for biology, physicals, chemistry, computer, and math.
- The school also provides facilities for co-curricular activities and sports. There are expansive football fields and cricket grounds along with indoor sports facilities.
Address: Mota Varachcha – Abrahma Road, At & Po. Abrama Tah. – Kamrej, Surat 394150
Phone: +91-261-6503388, +91-9909991004
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
4. Podar International School:
Established in 1927, Podar International School is run and managed by Podar Educational Complex. It was founded with the vision of creating an environment where students can acquire not just knowledge, but also develop strong moral skills.
- Podar International School is affiliated to the Cambridge International Examinations, United Kingdom, and International Baccalaureate Organization.
- It offers classes from pre-primary to XII standard.
- The school also gives emphasis on extracurricular activities and sports.
- Podar International School has well-furnished classrooms, equipped with computers, whiteboards, and projectors.
- The computer laboratory has latest PCs with all the required software installed
- There are well-equipped Math and Science labs as well.
5. S.D. Jain Modern School:
Founded in 1999, S.D. Jain Modern School is an English medium, co-educational school affiliated to the CBSE.
- S.D. Jain Modern School offers classes from Nursery to XII.
- It offers options to select streams in class XI.
- The school also emphasizes on the moral, culture and value education.
- S.D. Jain Modern School is housed in a three and four-storey, modern designed buildings having more than a hundred classrooms.
- It has three, spacious and well-equipped modern science laboratories, three multipurpose halls, give computer labs and two well-stocked libraries.
- S.D. Jain Modern School also offers transportation facilities to its students.
Nr. Vesu Char Rasta,
Udhna Magdalla Road, Surat
[ Read: Top CBSE Schools in India ]
6. G.D. Goenka International School:
G.D. Goenka International School is a boarding school affiliated to the CBSE curriculum. It aims at nurturing the pupils with multivalent competencies and paramount values.
- G.D. Goenka International School has a flexible curriculum that takes into account the holistic development of the learners.
- In the pre-primary section, the curriculum caters to the five developmental areas of the young ones.
- The curriculum of the primary section is largely based on practical experiences and hands-on activities.
- G.D. Goenka International School can provide residential facilities to up to 500 students.
- All the students are given to access to the Robotics lab, Computer lab, Science lab and Math lab to make optimum use of the technology.
- The school has a gymnasium to help children stay mentally and physically fit.
Wisdom Valley campus, Nr. Anuvrat Dwar,
New City Light Road, RCC Canal Road,
7. Tapti Valley International School:
Tapti Valley International School is an English Medium, co-educational, Day and Boarding school established by the Tapti Valley Education Foundation. The school offers classes from Lower KG to XII.
- The curriculum of Tapti Valley International School is designed in conformity with the syllabi prescribed by the CBSE board.
- It also follows the Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation for assessment, thereby promoting a stress-free learning environment.
- Sports, as a co-curricular activity is offered to students of all age groups.
- The aesthetically appealing infrastructure of Tapti Valley International School enhances the teaching-learning process.
- The classrooms have projectors, computers, and smart boards to make the learning enjoyable.
- The school has extensive fields for students to practice volleyball, wall climbing, football, lawn tennis, and cricket.
Block No. 456-457, Village Narthan,
Rander-Dandi Road, Taluka Olpad, Surat
8. L.P. Savani International:
L.P. Savani is a co-educational, English medium school located in the heart of Surat. The school aims to help students develop a love of learning.
- L.P. Savani International is affiliated to the Gujarat Secondary Education Board and offers classes from Lower KG to class XII.
- The subjects offered include Science, Math, Social Studies, Music, and Computer, Physical Education and Art and craft.
- The classrooms of L.P. Savani International School are equipped with smart boards, computers, and projectors.
- The school has a fully equipped gymnasium, an ice skating rink, an auditorium, folk dance center and a swimming pool among other facilities.
TP-10, Behind Suda Aawas,
Pal, Post – Bhatha. Surat
9. J.H. Ambani Saraswati Vidya Mandir:
Established in the year 1995, J.H. Ambani School is an all-girls, Senior Secondary School affiliated to the CBSE.
- J.H. Ambani Saraswati Vidya Mandir follows the syllabus laid by the CBSE.
- The curriculum of the school aims at the overall development of the students by balancing academics with extracurricular activities.
- J.H. Ambani Saraswati Vidya Mandir has a state-of-the-art infrastructure within the campus.
- The school has well-equipped classrooms, a well-stocked library and excellent computer and science laboratories.
- It offers play areas for basketball, cricket, table tennis, badminton and other sports.
- J.H. Ambani Saraswati Vidya Mandir also gives transportation facilities.
Vesu Char Rasta, Magdalla Road,
Surat S.V. College, Magdalla Road Surat S.V. College, Surat
Phone: +91 72260 03997
10. Shardayatan School:
Founded in 1888. Shardayatan School is a co-educational, English medium school offering classes from Class I to XII.
- Shardayatan School is CBSE affiliated and follows the guidelines and syllabus prescribed by the board.
- The school organizes several competitions for developing the skills of the students.
- Shardayatan School provides adequate facilities in all the fields. The school has well-planned classrooms to give a congenial atmosphere for learning.
- The library has more than 8000 books arranged catalog wise.
- All the three science laboratories have are well equipped and appropriately designed.
- There’s also a little play corner for the tiny tots.
Opp. Lakeview Garden,
Piplod, Dumas Road, Surat
[ Read: Best CBSE Schools In Pune ]
11. Delhi Public School:
Founded in the year 2003, Delhi Public School in Surat is a co-educational, English medium school affiliated to the CBSE. It’s one of the franchise schools of the Delhi Public School Society.
- Affiliated to the CBSE, Delhi Public School offers classes from nursery to XII standard.
- At the plus two level, children can select between science and commerce streams.
- The school also offers co-curricular activity facilities for the all-round development of the students.
- Located on seven acres, the campus of the Delhi Public school is divided into pre-primary, primary, second and senior-secondary blocks.
- The entire school is equipped with Wi-Fi internet connectivity. Besides, there’s a library, science and computer laboratories, resource center and audio-visual center.
- The schools offer state-of-art facilities for sports as well. Children can take training in swimming, football, basketball, cricket, hockey, tennis, volleyball and much more.
Delhi Public School, Near Airport,
Surat-Dumas Road, Post – Gavier, Surat
12. Metas MCD School of Seventh Day Adventists:
Founded in the year 1942, Metas MCD School of Seventh Day Adventists is a coeducational school affiliated to the CISCE. The school is managed by the Seventh-day Adventist Organization.
- Metas MCD School of Seventh Day Adventists offers classes from Junior KG to XII standard.
- They teach English, Hindi or Gujarati, general science, arts and crafts, social studies, physical training, 3rd language, computers and math at the primary level.
- The school offers secondary schoolers the option of selecting either Science or Commerce streams.
- Metas MCD School of Seventh Day Adventists has classrooms equipped with interactive books.
- The extensive library houses 25,000 books, encyclopedia, journals, and magazines.
- Students can also access the well-equipped science, math and computer laboratories.
P.O. Box No. 24 Athwalines, Surat
13. Lourdes Convent High School:
Established in 1958, Lourdes Convent High School was founded by the sisters of Sacred Heart. It is an all-girls day boarding school on a lush campus.
- The school is affiliated to the Gujarat State Board and offers classes from pre-primary to XII.
- The curriculum is designed in a way to incorporate sports, academics, and extracurricular activities for the overall development of the students.
- The school has digitally smart classrooms, a resourceful library and fully equipped laboratories for science and computer.
- The campus is WiFi-enabled and has a multi-sport playground for physical education and outdoor sports.
- There is a cultural hall in the school for various student workshops, gatherings, and festivities.
- It also has an art studio which offers classes in fine and performing arts.
Address: Opp, Indoor Stadium Ln, Navo Mohollow, Meghdoot Society, Athwalines, Athwa, Surat, Gujarat 395007
Phone: +91 261 2651116, 2669958
14. Sheth Dhanjisha Rustamji Umrigar Memorial School:
Established in 1992, Sheth Dhanjisha Rustamji Umrigar Memorial School is a co-educational school giving classes from I to XII.
- The subjects offered include English, Hindi, Math, Regional Language, Computer Education, Science, Social Science and Sanskrit.
- In class 11 and 12, Economics, English and Accountancy are compulsory subjects.
- Sheth Dhanjisha Rustamji Umrigar Memorial School has well-equipped and well-furnished classrooms, laboratories, indoor game room, nursery room and a common room.
- Besides, there’s a library, an auditorium, a playground and a garden.
- There also a canteen that provides nutritious foods to children.
Via Old Jakatnaka,
Behind Gokul Row House, Umra, Surat
[ Read: Best Schools In Indore ]
15. Divine Child High School:
Located in the heart of the city, Divine Child High School is a co-educational school, giving classes from Nursery to XII.
- The medium of instruction is English, and the curriculum offered is CBSE along with Gujarat State Education Board.
- The school also gives physical training in sports like cricket, volleyball, basketball, and karate and gymnastics.
- The buildings of the school are spacious and modern, giving the students the comfortable environment children need for all round education.
- The school has two state-of-the-art computer laboratories with software designed for different age grounds..
- The spacious library has books and reference books on a wide variety of subjects.
Near Ram Chowk,
Off Ghod dod Road, Surat
We hope you find our compilation helpful. If you wish to know more about these schools, arrange a visit, or contact the school.
- Top International Schools In Pune
- Best Residential Schools In India
- 20 Best Schools In Jaipur
- 20 Best Schools In Nagpur