Tambaram in East Chennai has taken huge strides towards development. It has been able to improve its literacy rate, by 75% or more of the total population. In such a situation, shortlisting the best school for your child can be quite strenuous, considering there are many outstanding schools in Tambaram. But you don’t have to worry at all, because just like always, MomJunction has compiled the information about the schools that follows CBSE, ICSE, state and International curriculum. And, here is the list of the best Tambaram schools for your kid.
10 Top Schools In Tambaram:
1. Sita Devi Garodia Hindu Vidyalaya:
Sita Devi Garodia Hindu Vidyalaya, managed by Vishwa Hindu Vidya Kendra is a co-education school founded with the vision to bring all-round development to students.
- Sita Devi Garodia Hindu Vidyalaya offers classes from Lower K.G. to 12th standard.
- It is affiliated with the Matriculation Board, with English as the medium of instruction. The second language, Hindi or Sanskrit is introduced in the third standard and is continued until the eighth standard.
- The extra-curricular activities of the school include yoga, swimming, music, dance, and art.
- The infrastructure of Sita Devi Garodia Hindu Vidyalaya is on par with the leading schools and colleges in Tambaram. The classrooms are spacious, and ventilated with a considerable flow of light. Each classroom has a smart board.
- The school has four, well-equipped laboratories where children learn by observing and experimenting.
- The MME Hall of the school plays the center stage for events like interschool and intraschool debates and competition, blood donation camp, concerts, religious discourses and cultural gatherings.
- The library of Sita Devi Garodia Hindu Vidyalaya is a reader’s paradise. It houses reference books for several subjects and languages.
Tambaram, East Chennai
[ Read: Best Schools In Chennai ]
2. Christ King Matriculation School:
Established in the year 1935, Christ King Matriculation School is a convent school founded with an aim to promote the physical, spiritual and intellection development of the children. The Sisters of the Apostolic Carmel conduct the school.
- At present, Christ King Matriculation School offers classes from kindergarten to 10. The Department of Education approves the curriculum followed by the school.
- The pre-primary wing is designed in a way to address the varied needs of kids. Puppet storytelling and music are a part of their activity.
- Apart from theoretical studies, the school also imparts vigorous athletic training to bring out the spirit of sportsmanship among the pupils.
- Christ King Matriculation School is a simple, yet well-equipped school.
- It has a huge playground with all kinds of swings.
- The computer laboratory is well equipped to meet the growing demands of the generation.
- The library all the reference books children may need for their academics and projects.
No: 2, MES Road,
East Tambaram, Chennai
3. Shree Gugans School:
Shree Gugans School is one of the leading choices for parents living in the Tambaram area. Guided by Mr. and Mrs. Raghavan, this middle school follows the philosophy of Dr. Glen Domann to educate the children to become the leaders of tomorrow.
- Shree Gugans School provides classes from pre-KG to the eighth standard. It follows the CBSE curriculum and CCE (continuous and comprehensive evaluation) for classes 1 to 8. The curriculum is devised in a way to give the students modern knowledge and develop the scientific method of inquiry in them.
- Shree Gugans School has a highly competent and experienced teaching staff. They give special attention to every student, even beyond the classrooms. They also teach students the importance of being involved in the community and helping others.
- The school also serves kids from aged 2 and 3 in its toddler’s program.
- Shree Gugans School functions on modern, multi-storied buildings spread on an extensive land.
- The laboratories of the school are furnished with the latest equipment.
- The school also conducts the checkup of the pupils once every year by a panel of highly qualified doctors.
54/5, School Road, Selaiyur,
East Tambaram, Chennai
[ Read: Best Schools In Coimbatore ]
4. Narayana e-Techno School:
Narayana e-Techno School is one of the best education providers in India. It was established to provide a comprehensive education for the overall development of the pupils.
- Narayana e-Techno School an integrated syllabus of CBSE, ICSE, and SSC syllabus.
- The School also gives equal importance to extra-curricular and co-curricular activities to hone the latent talents of the children. They include dance, music and yoga in their curriculum.
- The classrooms of Narayana e-Techno School are equipped with useful teaching aids. Each classroom has an LCD projector and internet for online reference.
- The laboratories of the school are integrated into the day-to-day schedule.
- The library is the treasure trove of the school. It has a broad range of periodicals, magazines, and reference books on various subjects.
No. 2, Lakshmi Nagar West, Mudichur Road,
Phone: 7358017599 / 7358017613
5. Gurukulam Matriculation Higher Secondary School:
Gurukulam Matriculation Higher Secondary School is one of the premier institutions in Tambaram. The objective of the school is to help the students develop social and emotional skills and support the slow and first generation learners.
- Gurukulam Matriculation Higher Secondary School provides classes from LKG to 12th standard. It is affiliated with the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- The medium of instruction is English; the second language is Tamil, and the third language is Hindi.
- The one-acre campus of the school is set amidst the serene atmosphere with playing fields that include cricket net, volleyball court, tennis court and basketball court.
- The classrooms of the school are well-constructed and spacious.
- It has three science labs, a computer laboratory, a library, a multi-purpose auditorium and a cafeteria.
Address: 220 G.S.T Road,
West Tambaram, Chennai
[ Read: CBSE Schools In Coimbatore ]
6. Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, AFS, Tambaram:
Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, AFS, Tambaram is administered by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan under the Government of India. It’s an excellent organization committed to empowering the students and enabling them to fulfill national, global and futuristic societal needs and aspirations.
- All the branches of Kendriya Vidyalaya have a common CBSE syllabus.
- Out of Hindi, English and Sanskrit, students have to opt for two languages, which they have to continue until the 10th standard.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, AFS is located in the Air Force camp in Tambaram. The primary section of the school is housed in a different building.
It has 36 spacious and well-ventilated classrooms with magnetic, display and glass boards.
- The audio-visual room has a television, overhead projector, tape recorder and an LCD projector.
- The other infrastructure highlights are computer labs, math labs and independent rooms for music, art, SUPW, physical education and academic activities.
- It also has a sprawling playground with well-laid cricket and football fields and volleyball and basketball courts. The kids are also provided with ample play materials.
Air Force Station, Madambakkam Camp,
Tambaram East, Selaiyur (Post), Near Camp Road Junction,
7. Sri Kanchi Mahaswami Vidya Mandir:
Founded in 2001, Sri Kanchi Mahaswami Vidya Mandir is a co-educational school affiliated to CBSE. The school offers classes from standard 1 to 12.
- Sri Kanchi Mahaswami Vidya Mandir allows students to choose from two educational systems- the CBSE discipline or Vedic+CBSE discipline.
- Students opting for Vedic+CBSE discipline have to stay in their beautiful hostel.
- Located on a sprawling campus, Sri Kanchi Mahaswami Vidya Mandir promotes a conductive education in a suburban atmosphere. The students are provided with the latest tools and equipment for learning.
- The school has air-conditioned computer laboratories with adequate systems to make the students tech savvy right from the early age.
- The library has a vast collection of books to help kids gain exposure to information beyond their textbooks.
Tambaram (East), Chennai
[ Read: Residential Schools In Chennai ]
8. Sri Sankara Global Academy:
Belonging to Sri Sankara Educational Trust, Sri Sankara Global Academy aims to integrate academic excellence with value based education.
- Sri Sankara Global Academy follows the IGCSE curriculum to help the kids develop vital learning skills, including oral, and investigative skills.
- The kindergarten section of the school offers an activity based and fun-filled learning.
- The school pays special importance to the development of English and language skills.
- Sri Sankara Global Academy has state-of-art laboratories and library to support and supplement their learning.
- The spacious, air-conditioned classrooms of the school are equipped with smart boards.
- There’s also a pre-primary activity room with play equipment.
Address: 539, Velachery Road
East Tambaram, Chennai
9. Colours International School:
Colours International School is an independent day school managed and promoted by Michael Educational Trust. The vision of the school is to procreate a healthy and strong student community.
- Colours International School offers IGCSE curriculum affiliated and administered by the University of Cambridge International Examinations.
- The school offers education from Pre. K.G to 12th standard.
- The Cambridge English Tests, activity-based learning tests are designed for kids at primary and lower secondary level.
- Colours International School has well-equipped and spacious classrooms.
- The library brims with textbooks, encyclopedias, and journals.
- The school also has well-maintained sports infrastructure.
Phone: 80560 17561 / 80560 17562.
10. St. Mary’s Matric Hr. Sec. School:
St. Mary’s Matric Hr. Sec. school is one of the best Christian schools, providing high-quality education in matriculation. The school was founded in 1972 with the blessings of Mary Help of Christians.
- St. Mary’s Matric Hr. Sec. School is affiliated with the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- There are special programs for 10th and 12th standard students.
- There are sports clubs, karate, Scouts and Guides for personality development of children.
- St. Mary’s Matric Hr. Sec. School has well-equipped library and science and computer laboratories.
- The school holds special medical screening for the students once a year. Please do a thorough research on the school you have chosen for your child. Remember, the seats in these schools are subjected to availability. So visit the school before paying the admission fees online.
#1/11, V V S Iyer Street, Ganapathypuram,
Phone: 044 2239 6151
Does your child go to any of these schools? Do you have any suggestions/edits for our list? Tell us here.
- Top 20 CBSE Schools In Chennai
- 10 Best International Schools In Chennai
- 20 Best Schools In Bangalore For Kid
- 20 Best & Top Schools In Hyderabad
Latest posts by Arshi (see all)
- Sahabi Names: 75 Best Male Sahaba Names For Baby Boys - February 22, 2018
- Sahabiyat Names: 75 Sacred Female Sahaba Names For Baby Girls - February 20, 2018
- 65 Lord Rama Names For Baby Boy With Meanings - December 21, 2017