Sea salt hair sprays contain salt water and other sea minerals that are absorbed by your hair and provide nourishment. The natural ingredients nourish your hair, leaving them bouncy and healthy. Sea salt hair spray also adds texture to your hair, gives them a wavy look, adds curls, and even creates volume to make you feel great about your hair.
You can pick from several brands of sea salt spraysfor the perfect beachy look. In this MomJunctionpost, we put together 15 best sea salt sprays for hair to complete your wardrobe.
|OGX Moroccan||Check Price|
|Toni & Guy||Check Price|
|Redken Fashion||Check Price|
|Verb Sea Spray||Check Price|
|Awapuhi Wild Ginger||Check Price|
15 Best Sea Salt Sprays For Hair
Make every day a beach day with the OGX Moroccan Sea Salt Spray. It has a mixture of Moroccan Argan oil, sea salt, and kelp extract. It is a product that helps add volume, adds shine, and maintains your curls.
- Moisturizes hair
- Gives beachy waves
- Makes hair look fuller, smoother, curlier
- Gives texture to hair
- It is absolutely weightless, best to leave in.
A good sea salt sprayto give your hair the tousledbeachy look that they deserve. Good for thin hair too. Just spray on wet or moist hair and let it dry.
- Gives matt finish look
- Leaves the hair full-bodied
- Contains no added colorant
- Free of chemicals and paraben
- Maintains curls
The KICK Sea salt spray is so much more than just a spray. It makes your hair healthy with the natural ingredients and the richness of sea salt.
- Contains sea salt, epsom salt, kelp extract and magnesium
- Protects hair from damage by providing nutrition
- Nourishes from scalp to tip
- Free from chemicals and paraben
- Aqua based, to keep your hair light
This sea salt spray from the Toni & Guy casual collection adds texture and body to your hair for a rich beach-like look. This spray is suitable for all hair types.
- Creates relaxed waves to show lived-in beach look
- Creates tousled, relaxed waves
- Gives light hold to hair
- Allows hair to move naturally
- Has a fresh ocean smell
Osensia offers a hair spray with all-natural ingredients for that perfect beachy look. It nourishes the hair, makes them look healthy, and takes care of the scalp,too.
- Revives dry, damaged hair
- Restore straight, wavy and curly hair’s natural beauty
- No chemicals used
- Hydrates and nourishes rough, dry locks
- Contains mineral-rich kelp extract
Redken Fashion Waves is for your daily styling. Spray on moist hair to keep your hair intact for your working hours.
- Adds texture to hair
- Holds hairs for longer hours
- Adds volume to hair
- Protects hair and prevents color fade
- Gives 24-hour humidity resistance
Get a lived-in beach look without being there with the GarnierFructics Beach Chic Texturizing Spray. That look, which is done-yet-undone,is best achieved with this salt hairspray.
- Gives a subtle, satin finish to your hair
- Free of drying alcohols
- Non-sticky, does not weigh hair down
- Does not clump hair
- Sheer-texturizing styler
A light spray on damp hair is all it takes to give that wavy look to your hair. Move your fingers after spraying to make your locks perfect beach-like.
- Lightweight texturizing spray
- Adds volume to hair when dried naturally
- Gives waves when applied on damp hair
- Defines loose curls
- Paraben-free and gluten-free
Aweganics sea salt hair spray is a versatile hair spray that gives texture to your hair, making it beachy, wavy and also prevents dandruff.
- Formulated with salinity similar to that of the ocean.
- Protects hair from environmental pollutants
- Mixture of sea salt, brown seaweed extract, kelp extracts, essential oils that bring strength to the hair.
- Nourishes the scalp
- Prevents dandruff
This spray creates a beautiful beachy hairstyle even when you are not on the beach. The ginger extract nourishes hair inside out.
- Adds volume to hair
- Awapuhi extract balances hair moisture
- Gives a healthy-looking finish
- Enhances and defines curls
It is a surf spray for that salty, windblown hair look even when you are not on the beach. Spray a little over moist hair for the perfect look.
- Retains hair moisture
- Holds hair well for a longer duration
- Gives a clean, matte finish
- Improves volume of the hair
- Gives a wavy look when styled
Create a loose textured look with full-bodied waves with the Sauve Professionals Sea mineral infusion. The sea-inspired fragrance gives the complete feel of coming back from a beach.
- Waves can last up to24 hours
- Blended with rich minerals from the sea to maintain the softness of the hair
- Gives an airy softness to hair
Gnarly sea salt spray gives atousled look that you wish for. With minimal ingredients, the spray is sure to leave your hair wavy without a trace of stickiness or stiffness.
- Gives a perfect look with a minimum quantity of spray
- Contains aloe vera gel and coconut oil
- Keeps hair smooth and shiny
- Fights dryness of the hair
- Does not leave the hair crunchy after use
It is aversatile hair spray that provides a smooth texture to your hair. The Beach Please hairspray is made with the same salinity as that of the ocean to give your hair a beachy texture.
- Contains cruelty-free ingredients
- Biotin, natural sea salt, vitamins, and essential oils tighten the dreadlocks
- Strengthens the hair
- Nourishes the scalp
- Prevents dandruff
- Gives a wavy look to your hair
- Makes thin hair look thicker
- Leave in spray to allow nourishment
- Makes hair voluminous and bouncy
- The spray once applied lasts all-day
Benefits Of Using A Sea Salt Hair Spray
- The salt in the sea salt hair spray opens up hair cuticles and plumps up the hair strands, thus giving them volume and texture that you noticewhen you come out of beach water.
- Sea salt is texturizing and gives the same design to your hair that you get after visiting the shore.
- Salt gives a subtle messy effect to your hair,thus giving you the “out of the beach” look.
- Sea salt spray helps hold your hair and lets you achieve more volume along with gorgeous and tousled waves on the hair.
How To Choose The Right Sea Salt Hair Spray?
Choosing the best hairspray depends on various things, and importantly on your hair texture and how you want them to look after spraying. There can be different choices if your hair is curly, thin, thick, or wavy. You can keep the following points in mind while choosing sea salt hair sprays.
- Natural hair
If you proudly own “natural hair,” stay natural by staying away from products that use harmful chemicals. Just moisturize your hair with oils like avocado oil, and use sea salt spray that will leave your hair moisturized and not dry them out. Prefer hair sprays with argan or coconut oil.
- Curly hair
Keep your beachy waves bouncy by using surf sprays. A minimum amount will go a long way for your curls. Use a hair spray that has natural moisturizer, like aloe vera, to prevent drying.
- Thick hair
Thick hair tends to go back to the original state after a few hours of applying sea salt spray. Use sea salt sprays that are heavy and sticky. Such sprays should be applied on damp hair and be hydrating enough to retain the look for a couple of more hours.
- Wavy hair
For naturally wavy hair, use a hair spray to improve the texture and to give a matte finish. Hair sprays with active ingredients and essential oils create thebeachyseaside look.
- Fine hair
Fine hair lacks bounciness and is not able to stand the beachiness. Spray the sea salt spray very close to the roots of your hair. The best hair spray will be the one that uses a light main ingredient to give volume and grit to your hair.
- Damaged/fragile hair
There are various reasons for your hair to get damaged. Use a gentle hair spray that has less salt to prevent hair from drying. Sprays with oils, fragrance, and plain water will help create that perfect beachy look for your hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When should I use sea salt spray?
Sea salt spray can be used anytime, anywhere, although the best time to use right after washing your hair. Just spray it on dry or damp hair,as mentioned on the container,and move your hands through your locks for the desired look.
- Is sea salt spray good for myhair?
Extensive use can make your hair drier than usual. The salt draws out moisture, and hence you should avoid using these sprays everyday.
- How much should I use on my hair?
Hairsprays come in different strengths. The quantity depends on the length of your hair. If you have shorthair, then use little quantity as too much of it can harm your hair strands.
- What should I use to wash the sea salt spray on my hair?
Sea salt hair spray can be washed with running water.
- Can I use sea salt spray everyday?
Using sea salt spray everyday can spoil the natural texture of your hair. Use it occasionally when you want that beachy look.
- Should this be washed off before going to bed, just like other hair products?
It should be washed off if you don’t want to keep on the style for the next day. If you want to keep the curls/ waves for the next day, you can sleep after spraying sea salt hair spray on your moist hair.
- Can you use sea salt spray on short hair?
Yes, a little quantity can be used on short hair.
Sea salt hair sprays can help add volume to your hair for any occasion or event. Choose a spray that works best for your hair texture, thickness, and length. It can help you get the most out of your hair spray.
Which hair spray is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.