Treating and pampering your hair will now be easy-peasy as we bring you some of the best sea salt sprays for the hair. Sea salt sprays offer sea minerals that are easily absorbed by hair for proper nourishment. These natural ingredients will make your hair healthier, softer, and bouncier. These sprays also provide a texture to hair with wavy or curly volume to make your hair look more alluring. So, if you’re planning a beach look, these sea salt sprays will help you with that. Check out this list of expert-recommended salt sprays and get yours now!
15 Best Sea Salt Sprays For Hair
1. Best For Hair Volume:OGX Moroccan Sea Salt Spray
Make every day a beach day with the OGX Moroccan Sea Salt Spray. It has a mixture of Moroccan Argan oil, sea salt, and kelp extract. Thanks to these key ingredients, this styling mist helps add volume and shine, maintains your curls, and is even suitable for frizzy hair. Watch this video to learn about a tester’s experience with using the sea salt spray.
- Moisturizes hair
- Gives beachy waves
- Makes hair look fuller, smoother, curlier
- Gives texture to hair
- Ideal as a leave-in spray
- May have a peculiar smell
- May leave behind a crunchy layer on fine hair
"This sea salt spray helps me achieve soft, beachy waves without the oily residue. The product provides a hold and volume that lasts long, and the scent, though strong, fades into a pleasant fragrance that keeps me fresh all day long."
2. Best For Thin Hair:Davines This Is A Sea Salt Spray
Here’s a professional-grade sea salt spray to give your hair the tousled beachy look that they deserve. Good for thin hair too. Just spray on wet or moist hair and let it dry.
- Gives a matte finish
- Leaves the hair full-bodied
- Contains no added colorant
- Free of chemicals and parabens
- Maintains curls
- Might be a bit drying
- May not be suitable for thicker hair
"I am captivated by this salt spray's subtle, pleasing aroma and its transformative ability. A few spritzes of this product on damp hair give my mane a beautiful wavy texture. It even adds visible volume without the stickiness or crunchiness, a boon for my oily hair."
3. Best Natural Formula:Kick Sea Salt Spray For Hair
The Kick Sea salt spray is so much more than just a spray. It makes your hair healthy with the natural key ingredients and the richness of sea salt.
- Contains sea salt, epsom salt, kelp extract, and magnesium
- Protects hair from damage by providing nutrition
- Nourishes from scalp to tip
- Free from chemicals and parabens
- Aqua based, to keep your hair light
- Not tested on animals
- May not add to the body of your hair
- May have a strong scent
"Kick sea salt spray makes my fine, limp hair lively with only a few sprays. The natural volume created by it makes it look as if I've spent a considerable amount of time styling it. Its sun protection factor is a delightful plus. Although the strong smell was slightly offputting, the transformative effects won me over."
OGX Moroccan Sea Salt Spray
Davines This Is A Sea Salt Spray
Kick Sea Salt Spray For Hair
|Wavy, Fine, Thick
|1.75 x 2.25 x 7.75 inches
|1 x 1 x 6 inches
4. Best For A Rich Beach Look:Toni & Guy Casual Sea Salt Spray
The expert-recommended sea salt spray from the Toni & Guy casual collection adds texture and body to your hair for a rich beach-like look. This spray is suitable for all hair types.
- Creates tousled, relaxed waves
- Gives light hold to hair
- Allows hair to move naturally
- Has a fresh ocean smell
- May make fine hair feel a bit heavy
- Might make hair greasy for some
"My hair is long and wavy, and I often just let it air dry. On such days, this spray has helped me achieve loose, separated, and casual waves that hold themselves without making the strands sticky or crunchy. Despite having fine, thin strands, this spray makes my hair feel full and fluffy. Hence, it gets the nod of approval from me."
5. Best For Scalp:Osensia Sea Salt Texturizing Hair Spray
Osensia offers a hair spray with all-natural ingredients for that perfect beachy look. It texturizes and nourishes the hair, makes them look healthy, and takes care of the scalp.This product testing video will give you a better insight into how this hair mist works.
- Revives dry, damaged hair
- Restores straight, wavy and curly hair’s natural beauty
- No chemicals used
- Paraben-, silicone-, and sulfate-free formula
- Hydrates rough, dry hair locks
- Contains mineral-rich kelp extract
- May not be suitable for use on wet hair
- May make hair prone to tangling
"The spray instantly adds texture to my thick tresses without making them crunchy or heavy. Its fragrance may seem strong in the beginning, but it fades quickly. The best part is that it doesn't feel oily and instantly enhances the hair's volume and softness."
6. Best For Organic Ingeadient:Brickell Men’s Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
The celebrity-and hair stylist-favorit sea salt spray by Brickell Men’s helps give your hair sufficient volume and lift for a refreshing, new look. It is suitable for men of all ages and hair types. The sea salt thickens the hair and adds a beachy texture to it. This spray is infused with natural and organic ingredients, such as sea salt, vitamin E, and hydrolyzed proteins. It helps strengthen and enhance the curls and is available in two sizes to suit your needs.
- Alcohol-free formula
- Offers elasticity, softness, and bounce
- Antioxidant benefits help nourish the scalp
- Not tested on animals
- Hold may not be strong enough for some
- Might leak
"The sea salt spray from Brickell is super lightweight and does not leave any unsightly residue. A few spritzes of this product post-shower give my hair a natural texture with an almost matte finish. The quantity did feel less at times, but the functionality and effectiveness quickly outweighed that minor drawback."
7. Best For Satin Look:Garnier Fructis Style Beach Chic Texturizing Spray
Get a lived-in beach look without being there with the Fructis Beach Chic Texturizing Spray brought to you by the celebrity-endorsed brand Garnier. That look, which is done-yet-undone, is best achieved with this salt hairspray. Before buying, have a look at this video detailing a tester’s experience with using the spray.
- Gives a subtle, satin finish to your hair
- Free of drying alcohols
- Non-sticky, does not weigh hair down
- Does not clump hair
- Sheer-texturizing styler
- May make hair feel crunchy for some
- May not offer frizz control
"I found this product to be a delight to my thick hair. Though not at par with heat-based tools, it offered beautiful results without a crunchy or sticky aftermath. It even adds body and a beach-like vibe to my coarse hair, making it a worthy find."
8. Best Parabean Free:Verb Sea Spray
A light spray on damp hair is all it takes to give that wavy look to your hair. Move your fingers after spraying to make your locks perfect beach-like.
- Lightweight texturizing spray
- Adds volume to hair when dried naturally
- Gives waves when applied on damp hair
- Defines loose curls
- Cruelty-free formula
- Paraben-free and gluten-free formula
- May dry out hair
- May feel a bit greasy when used on wet hair
"The spray does a diligent job of mimicking the "just swam in the ocean" effect on my hair. It sprays on light, holds well, and avoids a stiff finish. The resulting texture adds life to my usually straight, fine hair. However, remember, less is more—apply a small amount, as too much product can make the hair gluey."
9. Best For Dandruff:Aweganics Sea Salt Hair Spray
Aweganics sea salt hair spray is a versatile, lightweight spray that gives texture to your hair, making it beachy and wavy, and also prevents dandruff.
- Formulated with salinity similar to that of the ocean
- Protects hair from environmental pollutants
- Mixture of sea salt, brown seaweed extract, kelp extracts, essential oils that bring strength to the hair
- Nourishes the scalp
- Prevents dandruff
- May not add volume
- May make the hair feel sticky
"My hair, naturally straight and thin, found a trusted companion in this sea salt spray. It expertly holds waves without hardening or compromising on texture. Notably, it also boosts volume and is free of harmful ingredients. Plus, its handy size allows me to take it to beaches."
10. Best Ginger Extract:Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray
This spray creates a beautiful beachy hairstyle even when you are not on the beach. The ginger extract nourishes hair inside out.
- Adds volume to hair
- Awapuhi extract balances hair moisture
- Gives a healthy-looking finish
- Enhances and defines curls
- Lightweight formula
- May not offer a strong hold
- May not work well for fine hair
"This hair spray has kept frizz away from my dry and textured hair. It has been the perfect fine for my thin and delicate hair type. The spray retains the hair's moisture levels, and the weightless formula keeps my hair from turning limp. Its pleasant fragrance is an added advantage."
11. Best For Matte Finish:Bumble And Bumble Surf Spray
It is a surf spray for that salty, windblown hair look even when you are not on the beach. Spray a little over moist hair for the perfect look.
- Retains hair moisture
- Gives a clean, matte finish
- Volumizes hair
- Gives a wavy look when styled
- May not work for thin hair
- May not offer a strong hold
"This product has been perfect in making my shag/wolf cut look voluminous. I love that it's not sticky and can be applied to wet and dry hair. Although applying too much of this product can make the hair crunchy, spraying from a distance quickly solves that issue. And the best part is that it even makes my curls look bouncy!"
12. Best In Fragrance:Suave Professionals Sea Salt Spray
Create a loose textured look with full-bodied waves with the Suave Professionals Sea mineral infusion known for its visible results. The sea-inspired fragrance gives the complete feel of coming back from a beach.
- Waves can last up to 24 hours
- Blended with rich minerals from the sea to maintain the softness of the hair
- Gives an airy softness to hair
- Not tested on animals
- Paraben-free formula
- May not add much texture to the hair
- Might weigh down fine hair
"Humidity during summer is a nightmare for my fine hair. But this product has been super effective in keeping the strands frizz-free. Although slightly drying, the product's versatility more than makes up for it. And the pleasant coconut fragrance has been a pleasant surprise."
13. Best Stick And Stiff Free:Gnarly Whale Coconut Milk & Peaches Beach Waves Sea Salt Spray
Gnarly professional-grade sea salt spray gives a tousled look that you wish for. With minimal ingredients, the spray is sure to leave your hair wavy without a trace of stickiness or stiffness.
- Contains aloe vera gel and coconut oil
- Keeps hair smooth and shiny
- Fights dryness of the hair
- Does not leave the hair crunchy after use
- Little bit of product goes a long way
- May not define curls
- May have a strong cinnamon smell
"The coconut-infused spray has a heavenly aroma and helped me combat my unruly hair without making it feel stiff or tardy. Besides making my hairstyles last longer, the conditioning properties also reduce frizz and make my curls look healthy and bouncy."
14. Best For Beachy Texture:FoxyBae Beach Please Sea Salt Texturizing Hair Spray
It is a versatile hair spray that provides a smooth texture to your hair. The expert recommended Beach Please hairspray is made with the same salinity as that of the ocean to give your hair a beachy texture.
- Cruelty-free formula
- Biotin, natural sea salt, vitamins, and essential oils tighten the dreadlocks
- Strengthens the hair
- Nourishes the scalp
- Prevents dandruff
- May feel drying
- May lead to buildup
"This sea salty spray has been doing wonders for my and my son's hair. It dries and settles quickly and makes our curls look beautiful. The pleasant fragrance has been a bonus. It does leave the hair slightly dry if too much product is applied, but the beachy look offered makes up for it."
15. Best For Hair Thickness:Leyla Milani Beachy Sea Salt Spray
It is a sea salt spray that is an effortless way to thicken your hair and give it a beachy look without damaging the hair. It also adds volume to your hair.
- Gives a wavy look to your hair
- Makes thin hair look thicker
- Leave-in spray allows nourishment
- Makes hair voluminous and bouncy
- Results last all day
- May cause dryness
"Working with my grown-out has been easier with this product."
Benefits Of Using A Sea Salt Hair Spray
- The salt in the sea salt hair spray opens up hair cuticles and plumps up the hair strands, thus giving them volume and texture that you notice when you come out of the salty water of beaches.
- Sea salt is texturizing and gives the same design to your hair that you get after visiting the shore.
- Salt gives a subtle messy effect to your hair, thus giving you that “out of the beach” look.
- Sea salt spray helps hold your hair and lets you achieve more volume along with gorgeous and tousled waves on the hair.
How To Choose The Right Sea Salt Hair Spray?
Choosing a hairspray depends on various things, including your hair texture and hair type and how you want them to look after spraying. You can keep the following points in mind while choosing sea salt hair sprays.
- Natural hair: If you proudly own “natural hair,” stay natural by staying away from products that use harmful chemicals. Just moisturize your hair with oils like avocado oil, and use sea salt spray that will leave your hair moisturized and not dry them out. Prefer hair sprays with argan or coconut oil.
- Curly hair : Keep your beachy waves bouncy by using surf sprays. A minimum amount will go a long way for your curls. Use a hair spray that has natural moisturizer, like aloe vera, to prevent drying.
- Thick hair : Thick hair tends to go back to the original state after a few hours of applying sea salt spray. Use sea salt sprays that are heavy and sticky. Such sprays should be applied on damp hair and be hydrating enough to retain the look for a couple of more hours.
- Wavy hair : For naturally wavy hair, use a hair spray to improve the texture and to give a matte finish. Hair sprays with active ingredients and essential oils help you create the beachy seaside look.
- Fine hair : Fine hair lacks bounciness and is not able to stand the beachiness. Spray the sea salt spray very close to the roots of your hair. The best hair spray will be the one that uses a light key ingredient to give volume and grit to your hair.
- Damaged/fragile hair : There are various reasons for your hair to get damaged. Use a gentle hair spray that has less salt to prevent hair from drying. Sprays with oils, fragrance, and plain water will help create that perfect beachy look for your hair.
Alexandro Vasquez, a professional hairdresser and hair colorist, says, “Sea salt hair spray is great for creating a beach vibe and effects in a disconnected haircut. You can also use it to create those natural beach waves and sun-kissed highlights. Just ensure you do not overuse it, as it can make your hair look heavy.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I use sea salt spray?
Sea salt spray can be used anytime, anywhere, although the best time to use it is right after washing your hair. Just spray it on damp or dry hair, as mentioned on the container, and move your hands through your locks for the desired look.
2. Is sea salt spray good for my hair?
Extensive use can make your hair drier than usual. The salt draws out moisture, and hence you should avoid using these sprays everyday.
3. How much spray should I use on my hair?
Hairsprays come in different strengths. The quantity depends on the length of your hair. If you have shorthair, then use little quantity as too much of it can harm your hair strands.
4. What should I use to wash the sea salt spray on my hair?
Sea salt hair spray can be washed with running water.
5. Can I use sea salt spray everyday?
Using sea salt spray every day can spoil the natural texture of your hair. Use it occasionally when you want that beachy look.
6. Should salt spray be washed off before going to bed, just like other hair products?
It should be washed off if you don’t want to keep on the style for the next day. If you want to keep the curls/waves for the next day, you can sleep after spraying sea salt hair spray on your moist hair.
7. Can I use sea salt spray on short hair?
Yes, a little quantity can be used on short hair.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is our content and product writer specializing in skincare and hair care products. She finds joy in bringing you products that enhance your appearance, making you feel and look good. She brings the top-rated products in this list of the best sea salt sprays for hair after assessing multiple products and user reviews from reliable websites and forums. She also talks about the features and includes a buying guide to help you pick a product suited for your unique hair type.
Sea salt hair sprays contain sea minerals that nourish your hair and make them healthier. Besides, the best sea salt sprays, such as Davines This Is A Sea Salt Spray, provide texture to your hair and help in styling different looks. The list above contains the best sea salt sprays for hair you can consider buying. It includes unique products, such as Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray and Bumble And Bumble Surf Spray, to cater to different hair needs. So, read the product descriptions and their features. Pick a suitable product based on your hair texture and thickness. Look for a product that has fewer chemicals and more natural ingredients.
Recommended Articles :
- Best Spray Sunscreens For Kids
- Best Glitter Hair Sprays
- Best Hair Lightening Sprays
- Best Detangler Sprays