If you have oily skin and want to make it look fresh and hydrated, here’s our list of the best serums for oily skin to help you choose the right one. Face serums help moisturize and nourish your skin to give you a healthy glow from within. Applying serums before going to bed allows your skin to repair and absorb the hydration for plump, smooth skin. With various products available, choosing the right serum may be challenging. So, scroll down to learn more.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Serums For Oily Skin
1. Best For Sensitive Skin: BEST Hyaluronic Acid Serum (BIG 2-OZ Bottle) for Skin & Face
This highly concentrated hyaluronic acid serum is infused with active natural ingredients. Best face serum by TruSkin Natural for oily skin helps diminish fine lines by plumping the skin tissues. It doesn’t cause breakouts and doesn’t leave you with a greasy or oily feel.
- Deeply hydrates the skin cells
- Infused with vitamins C and E
- Absorbs fast without clogging the pores
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Doesn’t leave any residue
- GMP certified, cruelty-free, FDA-registered
- The fragrance may not be pleasant.
- The pump could be hard to press.
- The consistency might be thin.
2. Best Non-Comedogenic: Face Serum with Collagen Peptide by Olay Regenerist
Face Serum with Collagen Peptide by Olay Regenerist for oily skin promises firmer-looking skin in a week. It comes with an anti-aging formula designed to enrich the deepest layers of the skin by moisturizing it. This hydrating serum for oily skin is formulated with collagen peptide to give you younger-looking skin.
- Ultra-lightweight serum
- Reduces wrinkles in two weeks
- Works well on all skin types
- Hydrates quickly
- May cause redness on sensitive skin
- Might feel heavy on the skin
3. Best For Oily Skin: Dr Song Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Face and Skin
This hyaluronic acid serum for oily skin by Dr Song is free of parabens and harmful chemicals and is formulated to give you the youthful skin that you desire. It is free of dyes, oils, and fillers and claims to give radiant, soft, and even-toned skin.
- Reduces fine lines, dark spots, and wrinkles
- Restores firmness and softness
- Balances the skin tone
- Contains natural ingredients
- Free of harsh fragrances
- Takes time to dry
- May cause irritation to sensitive skin
4. Best To Treat Acne: Anti Aging Hyaluronic Acid and Retinol Serum 2.5% for Face with Vitamin E
Enriched with organic jojoba oil, green tea, hyaluronic acid, Vitamin E, and various botanical extracts, this is a reliable serum that can take care of oily skin. The face serum for oily skin claims to give you firmer, fresher, and revitalized skin and fights wrinkles and acne scars.
- Formulated with natural ingredients
- Removes dark spots
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Free of alcohol and parabens
- Prevents breakouts by minimizing pores
- Repairs elastin to help fade acne scars
- May cause skin dryness
5. Best For Moisturization: Revision Skincare Hydrating Serum
Hydrate your skin with this face serum by Ecco Bella Beauty that is enriched with watermelon, apple, and lentil fruit extracts. You may apply it under a moisturizer for added hydration or use it alone to get younger-looking skin. The vitamin C and pomegranate extracts make it a reliable antioxidant serum. You can watch this video to understand the features and benefits of this serum.
- Keeps skin hydrated
- Formula for long and short-term moisturization
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Alleviates tightness
- Non-greasy and non-sticky
- Mights cause the skin to dry
- Might be costlier than other similar products
6. Best Vegan: Balancing Blue Tansy Face Oil – Skin Brightening Serum
Revitalize and brighten your skin with this serum for oily skin by The Yellow Bird. It is infused with natural ingredients, including jojoba oil, blue tansy, milk thistle, and camellia, which impart elasticity to the skin.
- Natural skincare formulation
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Adds glow to the skin
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Contains anti-glycation properties to slow skinaging
- Free of dyes and synthetic preservatives
- Smell may be unpleasant for some
- May cause irritation to sensitive skin
7. Best Dermatologist-Certified: Vita C Whip Vitamin C Serum Moisturizer by Essa
Powered with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid, this is a potent face serum formulated for oily skin. It claims to minimize dullness and dark spots by boosting collagen production. Get soft and supple skin with this cruelty-free and dermatologist-certified serum-in-cream formulation. Here’s a video to help you understand the moisturizer better and make an informed choice.
- Natural, organic formulation
- Absorbs quickly
- Induced with anti-ageing ingredients
- Hydrating and moisturizing
- Improves skin elasticity
- Has a greasy texture
- Bottle might run out quickly
8. Best With Green Tea: New Vitamin C Serum With Hyaluronic Acid – Best Anti Aging Serum
Enriched with Vitamin C, green tea, and jojoba oil, this hydrating serum takes care of hyper skin pigmentation, wrinkles, and dark spots and is specially formulated for oily skin. Free of toxins, this formulation works on dark spots and acne scars and imparts firmness and smoothness to the skin.
- Made of botanical extracts and hyaluronic acid
- Anti-aging serum for dark spots
- Improves skin tone
- Makes skin youthful
- 100% vegan and cruelty-free
- No parabens, no alcohol
- Smell might be unpleasant for some
9. Best For Colagen Production: Vitamin C Serum for Face with USDA Organic Pumpkin Seed, Blue Chamomile
This is an oily skin serum containing rosehip oil, safflower oil, and chamomile oil. The natural formulation moisturizes skin, promotes skin cell generation, and boosts collagen production for healthier and younger-looking skin.
- Free of parabens and alcohol
- Anti-aging formulation
- Protects the skin from harsh environmental conditions
- Moisturizes and hydrates skin
- Contains antioxidants for skin healing
- Enriched with fresh, natural ingredients
- The dropper may not be very convenient for use
10. Best For Day Wear: Paula’s Choice RESIST Advanced Pore Refining Treatment 4% BHA Serum
Bid adieu to large and congested pores with this serum for oily skin with 4% BHA and antioxidants for brighter and healthier skin. It comes with powerful but gentle exfoliating ingredients that take good care of your skin. The serum also hydrates and moisturizes your skin with ease. Check out this simple video to understand the product and how it works.
- Minimizes and clears congested pores
- Lightweight serum
- Helps fight aging signs
- Cleans, tones, and moisturizes skin
- Comes with SPF for day wear
- Improves uneven skin texture
- Costlier than most other products
11. Best Advanced Formulation: Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Face & Eyes (2 oz) with Vitamin C, E& Green Tea
Non-toxic and free of harmful chemicals, this serum for oily skin is enriched with vitamins, aloe vera, green tea, and jojoba oil. It is an advanced formulation that reduces fine lines and wrinkles, prevents breakouts, and brightens the skin tone.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Cruelty-free, paraben-free
- Prevents breakouts
- Improves skin tone
- Hydrates skin
- Makes skin soft and supple
- Thick texture
- Feels heavy on the skin
12. Best For All Skin Types: Eva Naturals Skin Clearing Serum Vitamin C+
Eva Naturals Skin Clearing Serum is packed with antioxidants. It reduces the redness of scars and softens them. It protects the skin against UV rays. Hyaluronic acid in the serum provides incredible hydration. This serum soothes troubled skin and reducing inflammation, giving it a natural glow. The exfoliating effect of salicylic acid fights blemishes and improves acne-prone skin.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Includes organic ingredients
- Not suitable for broken skin
13. Best Anti-Ageing: Vitamin C Serum 20% for Face & Eyes
This is a plant-based serum formulated with aloe vera, witch hazel, jojoba oil, and hyaluronic acid to treat wrinkles. It also treats hyperpigmentation and acne scars to give you a uniform skin tone.
- Anti-ageing formula
- Improves natural collagen production
- Repairs skin damage caused by UV rays
- Non-toxic and cruelty-free
- Shrinks pores
- Prevents breakouts
- May cause the skin to dry
- A little sticky
14. Best For Microcirculation: RAYA Fruit Enzyme Serum (505) | Non-Oily, Exfoliating Facial Treatment
Infused with aloe vera, papaya enzymes, pineapple enzymes, and calendula extracts, this serum for oily skin is effective in exfoliating dead cells and clogged pores. It leaves the skin feeling rejuvenated and facilitates a gentle biological peeling cycle.
- Contains exfoliating fruit enzymes
- Cruelty and paraben free
- Exfoliates clogged pores
- Loosens blackheads
- Improves microcirculation
- Increases cell turnover
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin
- Could be harsh on mucous membranes
15. Best For Hydrating: Obupul Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Skin Care with Vitamin C & E
This 100% pure hyaluronic acid serum formula with natural ingredients plumps the skin and helps reduce fine lines. It offers long-lasting hydration and improves overall skin texture. It is a completely vegan and cruelty-free composition for oily skin.
- Contains natural, organic ingredients
- Gets absorbed quickly
- Free of parabens, dyes etc.
- Forms a hydrating layer on the skin
- Firms and smoothens the skin
- Reduces fine lines
- Not recommended for sensitive skin
- Has a greasy, sticky texture
How To Apply Serum On Oily Skin?
Serums are infused with active ingredients and are highly concentrated. Therefore, apply it on clean skin. Active ingredients get absorbed when the skin is moist, warm, and clean.
Apply small dots of serum all over the face and then blend it with short but firm strokes. Tap your face gently with fingers until the serum gets absorbed. This helps the serum penetrate better.
Be gentle while applying it around your eyes, and do not get worried if there is a tingling sensation on your skin because it is normal.
How To Choose The Right Serum For Oily Skin ?
Here are some important points to keep in mind while picking a serum for oily skin:
1. Ingredients to look for
Here are some ingredients that are ideal for oily skin:
Vitamin C: It is an essential component that is helpful in collagen building. Therefore, if you are looking for an anti-aging serum, choose one that contains vitamin C.
Retinol: Retinol is an ingredientthat helps in reducing acne and wrinkles and building a uniform skin tone.
Humectant: In order to hold moisture on your skin, you need humectant. It helps maintain the natural water levels of the skin.
Plant-based ingredients: Dark spots, sun-spots, and scars can be treated with plant-based active ingredients that add a natural brightness and ensure an even-toned skin.
Anti-inflammatory ingredients: Look for ingredients like aloe vera and zinc that are added to control inflammation.
Antioxidants: Keep your skin protected from the environmental damages with antioxidants like pomegranate, green tea, or grape seed extracts.
2. Look for lightweight formulations
Serums have to be absorbed quickly by the skin, and for that, you need lightweight formulations that can penetrate with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is vitamin C serum good for oily skin?
Yes, vitamin C serum is good for oily skin. Excessive oil production could be due to the lack of hydration, and vitamin C improves moisture retention of the skin and keeps it hydrated. It also helps in increasing collagen production and ensures faster healing of sunburns, acne scars, and blemishes.
2. Are 24k gold serums good for oily skin?
24K gold serums moisturize and brighten the skin by hydrating it right. Moreover, they add glow to the skin.
Serums revitalize and nourish the skin and also help in diminishing the signs of aging. You can protect your skin from environmental damages and various other skin problems with the help of serums that are formulated for oily skin. Depending on the results you expect from your serum and how much you are willing to invest, pick a serum from this exhaustive list.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag, our experienced product writer and reviewer, does extensive research to recommend great beauty products based on your skin type. Here, she lists some of the best serums for oily skin to help nourish and moisturize your skin for a healthy glow and supple texture. Poulami has also included an informative buying guide that lists the factors you should consider before purchasing the right serum for oily skin.
- Best Eye Serums For Dark Circles
- Best Eyelash Growth Serums
- Best Face Oils For Glowing Skin
- Best Korean Toners For Your Skin