Are you tired of searching for tailors who can create your desired designs? You can let your heart lead you to sew the design you always wanted. If you have a suitable sewing machine, you can sew cushion covers, pillowcases, aprons, quilts, bags, and other apparel right at the comfort of your home. It can also help you save time and money in the long run.
Modern sewing machines come with a variety of options to meet your needs and budget. This post features a list of the nine best sewing machines in India under Rs 5,000.
9 Best Sewing Machines In India Under 5,000
Pargat offers a traditional sewing machine with a lever-type stitching mechanism. The machine is made of cast iron with a wooden base, round arms, and handles, making it suitable for home use. With this straight stitch single shuttle machine, you can stitch and alter the clothes at the comfort of your home.
- Can be used on a wide range of fabrics
- Offers smooth working
- Strong and sturdy
- Comes with oil for the wheel
- The cover may not be durable
The sewing machine from Usha, priced under Rs5,000, is equipped with all the necessary sewing functions. It comes with a closed-type shuttle race and provides the option of using it with a motor. The straight stitching machine also has a spring-loaded bobbin winder, allowing for easy bobbin winding.
- Includes auto tripping
- Offers convenient reverse and forward stitching control
- Has a slider plate for easy insertion of bobbin
- Also available in foot variants
- May not be suitable for beginners
Kiwilonelectronic sewing machine comes with an extension table, sewing kit, foot pedal, and AC adapter. Batteries can also power this portable sewing machine to facilitate outdoor use. An in-built spool assist and winding pole make bobbin replacement easier.
- Offers better stability
- Comes with cuff slots
- Foot pedal operation keeps hands free
- Offers two different speed selections
- Comes with a work light
- Compact and lightweight
- May not be suitable for major works
If you are looking for t the best mini sewing machines for basic sewing, hemming, and mending, Chalowkart sewing machine is an ideal choice. The machine operates in a chain locking stitch pattern to make the sewing durable. It comprises a needle threader, a needle, a foot pedal, and four metal bobbins. The machine, priced under Rs 5,000, offers adjustable forward and reverse sewing.
- Offers choice of auto-sewing and food pedal mode
- Portable and compact design
- Offers high and low sewing speed modes
- Smooth to operate
- Threads may break
Isabella’s sewing machineis designed to sew difficult and thick fabrics, such as velvet and denim. You can use it for double needle sewing with long stitches. This hand-held sewing machine makes sewing and modification easier. The price of this machine is less than Rs 5,000 and ideal for household use.
- Comes with two-speed controls
- Includes extension table and foot pedal
- Portable and lightweight design
- Comes with an in-built lamp
- Includes a cuff slot and thread cutter
- Manual may not be of help
- The bobbin may get stuck often
This mechanical sewing machine designed for household use makes it easier to sew and modify clothes at the comfort of your home. It comes with an adapter and foot pedal for easy sewing. The 4-in-1 machine has a pre-threaded design to save time and suitable for daily tailoring needs.
- Offers chain-locking stitch
- Has two-speed options
- Ideal for stitching thick fabrics
- Comes with an accessories kit
- May not be smooth to run
Designed for the convenience of family use, this is an advanced sewing machine under Rs 5,000. The double thread mini sewing machine is equipped with an extension table, four metal bobbins, a needle, a needle threader, and a foot pedal for easy use.
- Comes with two-speed control options
- Ideal for stitching thick fabrics, such as denim
- Convenient for stitching legs and sleeves
- Portable and compact
- Material may seem of low quality
If you are looking for a multifunctional hand-held sewing machine that is easy to maintain and operate, the MWMall India 4-in-1 sewing machine is an ideal choice. The sewing machine comes with a foot pedal and pre-threaded design, so you can relax your eyes without having o work hard. It also includes accessories, such as a power adapter, needle, four metal bobbins, and a needle threader, to make alterations and stitch a breeze.
- Sews durable chain-lock stitch
- Compact and portable
- Includes two-speed controls
- Stitches thick fabrics with ease
- May not be durable
Designed to make home tailoring easier, this is an ideal sewing machine for chain-lock stitching. It comes with an extension table, which makes it convenient to alter or stitch various fabrics. This sewing machine under Rs 5,000 is a worthy pick because it runs smoothly even on thick fabrics such as velvet and denim.
- Smooth to run
- Has two-speed control options
- Comes with a foot pedal
- Easy to use
- Might feel lightweight
How To Choose The Right Sewing Machine?
Below are some of the parameters to consider while shopping for a sewing machine.
- Understand the purpose of sewing: Choose a sewing machine according to your sewing requirements since different sewing machines serve different purposes.
- Select a machine based on fabric: Some machines work well on light fabrics, while others are designed for thick materials. You can choose according to your needs.
- Type of stitches: Always consider the different stitch types that the machine can execute. A basic machine can stitch straight or zigzag stitches, but you need a higher version if you want complex stitches.
- Size and weight: You can choose the size and weight according to the machine’s use and placement. A lightweight design is the right choice if you want to perform essential functions on light fabrics.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should I service and clean my sewing machine?
The sewing machine must be repaired by professionals every year to keep it in good working condition. Read the user manual before cleaning or repairing the machine.
2. Can sewing machines sew leather?
Any good sewing machine for home tailoring is capable of sewing leather. All you have to do is make some modifications to the device to sew the leather with perfection.
Having a good tailoring machine at home can save you the trouble of finding a tailor for minor repairs, sewing,or alterations. With the list of the best sewing machines in India shared above, you can find a compact and functional sewing machine that can meet your essential stitching needs.