When your scalp is excessively oily, it traps environmental pollutants, dirt, grime, and other harmful particles that may lead to hair fall, scalp irritation, and itchiness. Using a shampoo can strip off the excess oil and dirt from the scalp, making it look healthier and better. Here is a list of the best shampoos for the oily scalp in India to find a suitable product.
No products Found
11 Best Shampoos For Oily Scalp
Not just for the oily scalp but suitable for all hair types, this Biotique shampoo helps to purify and nourish the hair and the scalp. It contains the effects of conditioner and shampoo; hence, you wouldn’t have to use two different products. With frequent use, this product can make your hair look refreshed. The fresh apple extract can detoxify your scalp and revitalize the skin. This oily hair shampoo also contains a unique pH-balanced formula that can work wonders.
- Made of herbal ingredients
- Purifies the scalp and hair
- Includes essential minerals and proteins
- Good for dry scalp
- May not be adequate for chemically treated hair
- May cause hair loss for some people
Intended to treat and cure severe dandruff, this is one of the best shampoos for oily hair that offers scalp purifying and cleansing advantages. The goodness of natural ingredients, such as sweet almond oil, rosebay, tea tree oil, and green tea, help revive dandruff-prone, greasy hair. It is suitable for all hair types and is free of artificial colors, peg, silicones, parabens, and sulfates.
- Good for dandruff
- Devoid of chemicals
- Dermatologically tested
- May not be good for colored hair
- May lead to hair fall
- Could be hard to wash off
Working wonders on all hair types, this shampoo comes with the goodness of clove oil to boost blood circulation to the scalp and helps prevent hair fall. The shampoo contains activated charcoal that rejuvenates dull, lifeless hair and increases volume. It can remove pollutants, impurities, dust, and dirt from hair and scalp, preventing further damage. Moreover, it also helps to strengthen hair from the roots, making it frizz-free, smooth, and silky.
- Made of natural ingredients
- Provides cooling effect to the scalp
- Treats scalp infections
- May not be effective for hair fall
- May dry hair
- Might not work if you have a history of allergies
Organic coffee sourced from Kodagu, Coorg, Karnataka, this specific shampoo for oily scalp has been crafted with care. It is a mild hair cleanser, perfect for every Indian hair. The product is vegan and free from parabens and sulfates. It helps add luster to hair, managing hair fall and strengthening the roots. The product contains antioxidants to keep the hair safe from pollution and UV damage.
- Made from Ayurvedic herbs
- Rich in antioxidants
- Strengthens hair and soothes irritated scalp
- Could be hard on the scalp and hair
- May make hair dry
Keya Seth shampoo for oily scalp helps maintain the natural pH balance of the scalp, giving vitality and bounce to hair. It also keeps the oil production in check and enhances overall hair health. The shampoo is infused with botanicals and essential oils, making hair lively and shinier. It also helps promote a healthy scalp by improving blood circulation. It also helps improve hair elasticity, flexibility, moisture retention, and repair the damage.
- Contains anti-dandruff formula
- Infused with natural ingredients
- Softens hair
- Stimulates hair follicles
- Could make hair dry
- May result in frizzy hair
- May not benefit every hair type
Infused with the power of clay, this shampoo helps purify oily roots and hydrates the scalp. The shampoo offers repair tendencies that are twice effective as other products. It comprises micro-ceramide serum that helps repair damaged hair. The shampoo also helps revive damaged and dry strands, leaving them rejuvenated.
- Washes off excess oil
- Eliminates impurities and pollutants
- Detangles hair
- May cause excessive dryness
- Could lead to hair fall
Made from organic, pure aloe vera extracts, this shampoo contains a paraben-free formulation that doesn’t include any artificial dyes or silicones. It carries the essential nutrients required for your hair to grow faster. The shampoo creates a protective layer on hair that keeps it safe from harmful elements present in the environment. Furthermore, it is also capable of relieving scalp itchiness and irritation.
- Suitable for men and women
- Enriched with natural, organic ingredients
- Suitable for all hair types
- May not lather well
- Could be ineffective for some people
Rich in antibacterial properties, this shampoo helps relieve scalp issues, such as itchiness and dandruff. Suitable for all hair types, this shampoo deeply nourishes hair up to the roots and strengthens weak strands. Its paraben-free formula nourishes hair through deep nutrition and controls scalp sebum.
- Decreases dandruff, greasiness, and oil
- Cleanses the scalp without stripping off natural oils
- Made of natural ingredients
- Helps prevent hair fall
- Offers fresh smell to the scalp and hair
- Might make your hair dry
Infused with argan oil and rhassoul clay, this shampoo hydrates and moisturizes the roots and tips to provide free-flowing hair. It contains powerful vitamins, nourishing fatty acids, and antioxidants to keep your hair protected from styling damage and boosts growth. The shampoo also controls itchiness. Its unique formulation containing milk proteins and coconut oil promotes a healthy scalp while keeping hair shinier, stronger, and smoother.
- Made from natural ingredients
- Color-safe formula
- Safe for chemically treated hair
- Helps control excess oil
- May cause extreme hair fall
Manufactured in Turkey, this shampoo contains a 100% bioactive powdered formulation that doesn’t contain any harmful mineral oils, parabens, and sulfates. Its keratinous formula makes the hair follicles stronger and healthier. This product is capable of providing natural shine and volume to hair. It also controls scalp lubrication to keep the hair health in check.
- Perfect for greasy hair
- Decreases hair loss
- Adds shine to hair
- May not be effective for everyone
Adequate for oily hair types, this luxurious shampoo takes care of hair growth and strength. It offers amazing scalp and hair treatment while thoroughly cleansing the hair and the scalp. This shampoo also adds volume and moisture to the hair, making it softer than before.
- Helps remove deeply embedded impurities
- Stimulates hair growth
- Contains essential nutritive properties
- May not clarify the scalp properly
- May make hair dry
- May cause frizziness
How To Choose The Right Shampoo For Oily Scalp?
Here are some factors to keep in mind while buying a shampoo for an oily scalp.
- Check the label: Avoid buying any shampoo with moisturizing, smoothing, or hydrating properties as it can excessively hydrate the oily scalp.
- Clarifying tendencies: Look for a shampoo that offers daily clarifying properties as it rids excess oil while being gentle on your hair and scalp.
- Ingredients: Choose a shampoo made of natural ingredients as it wouldn’t cause any harmful reactions, regardless of your hair or skin type. Also, look for salicylic acid in the list of ingredients as it helps remove buildup from the scalp.
- Harmful chemicals: Choose a product that is free of parabens, silicones, artificial colors, dyes, and more.
Using shampoo is one of the best ways to keep your hair and scalp healthy. However, finding the best shampoo that doesn’t contain harmful chemicals can be a cumbersome task. To help you in that regard, we have curated the above list that has some of the best shampoos that contain natural ingredients to protect your scalp. We have included shampoos with different ingredients and odor that suit your tastes and preferences.
View Profile ›