In recent times, we’ve seen a stark improvement in how technology helps us clean our homes. So, say goodbye to broomsticks and rags with our list of the best Shark vacuums that clean efficiently at the click of a button. Vacuums have become an essential tool in cleaning every modern home when it comes to home cleaning tools. A shark vacuum is brilliant in not just its ability to clean your home but also its performance and quality.
Two of its bestsellers are called Shark Duo Clean Vacuum and Shark Rotator Vacuum. Shark brand vacuums are well known around the world and are known for producing high-quality vacuums that suck up the dust in no time. They can keep your house dust- and germ-free, making it hygienic and healthy for you. These devices are highly formidable, reliable, feature-filled, durable, and performance-oriented. Available in various designs and sizes, there’s a tried-and-tested Shark vacuum for everyone. So, take a look at our list of products and features to make an informed decision.
No products Found
15 Best Shark Vacuums
1. Best Anti-Allergen:Shark NV356E S2 Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum
This corded electric vacuum cleaner by Shark is easy to maneuver over different surfaces, including carpets. The 5-feet long hose makes it easy to reach nooks and crannies that normally would be impossible to reach. At the press of a button, the pod and hose can be lifted from the main unit to clean spaces above the floor. Thanks to its anti-allergen technology and HEPA filter, it can trap dust and allergens very conveniently. The brush roll can be switched off, allowing one to clean different kinds of surfaces. This is an added advantage because brush rolls are good for carpets but often damage other surfaces like floors. The entire unit is in white and has a sleek and aesthetically-pleasing design. Its lightweight design makes it portable and easy to move from one room to another. The vacuum has a large dust cap with a capacity of 2.2 quartz. The dust cap is easy to remove and clean. Go through this video review for a detailed understanding of the product.
2. Best Lightweight:Shark NV352 Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum – Lavender
The lightweight design and portability make it ideal for carrying from one room to another. This vacuum cleaner is versatile in terms of its ability to clean different types of surfaces. It is designed to trap dust and allergens, keeping your house clean and safe. It can easily clean carpets, rugs, and different types of flooring. The long hose allows one to clean difficult to reach spots such as wall corners and behind sofas. It features a swivel steering that makes it easy to maneuver the vacuum to clean several areas. Included with the main unit are additional accessories, including an upholstery tool and 2 crevice tools. Check out this video for a detailed review of the product.
3. Best User-Friendly:Shark Rotator Professional Vacuum – NV501
This corded vacuum by Shark features a bagless design and is fairly lightweight. The vacuum has a dust cup capacity of 1.3 quartz which makes it ideal for house cleaning. The enhanced swivel steering makes it easy to switch from one surface to another. The pod can be easily lifted and its user-friendly operation allows one to clean staircases, carpets, and different floor surfaces with ease. Like most Shark vacuum cleaners, this one too can trap dust and allergens. The vacuum hose is 8.4 feet long, making it ideal for cleaning overhead usage. The vacuum has built-in LED lights to reveal hidden debris, resulting in a thorough cleaning experience. One of the noteworthy features of this vacuum is its quiet operation. Take a look at this video to learn more about the product.
4. Best Cordless:Shark Navigator Freestyle Vacuum – SV1106
One of the highlights of this Shark vacuum is its cordless and bagless design. This makes the vacuum more user-friendly and easier to operate. You can now bid farewell to tangled power cords and wires since it is battery operated. This vacuum works well for picking up pet hair and comes with 2 different speed modes. The dust cup has a capacity of 0.64 quartz and is easy to clean. This white and grey vacuum has been crafted to maneuver around the furniture to ensure that every part of the house is clean. The powerful motorized brush of this vacuum is capable of cleaning carpets, rugs, and floors.
5. Best For Multiple Surfaces:Shark Lift-Away Upright Vacuum – NV752
This vacuum allows you to switch between settings for carpet and floor cleaning. The vacuum is ideal for reaching difficult to reach spots and picking up pet hair from almost all surfaces. Its versatility lies in its ability to clean multiple surfaces effectively. Much of its flexibility is courtesy of the detachable pod, and the vacuum does a good job of trapping allergens and dust. Included with the main unit is a 2-in-1 tool for tough pet messes. The vacuum comes with a dry dust cap of 0.88 quartz and has a corded design. The company slaps a warranty of 5 years on this vacuum by Shark.
6. Best Battery-Operated:Shark Wandvac Handheld Vacuum Cleaner – WV201
This handheld vacuum by Shark has an expert-approved design, is battery-operated, and is equipped with a high-efficiency motor that offers superior suction in a small form factor. Much of its popularity stems from its ultra-lightweight design. The vacuum has a dust cup capacity of 0.08 quartz. The tapered nozzle facilitates quick and easy clean-up of debris. Given its size, this vacuum is ideal for cleaning computer desks, rugs, car seats, upholstery, and chairs. Included with the main cleaning unit is a charging dock that supports fast charging.
7. Best For Pet Hair:Shark APEX DuoClean Vacuum – AZ1002
The Shark DuoClean vacuum is equipped with a dual brush roll system that deep cleans and removes pet hair from carpets and the floor. This lift-away vacuum offers great flexibility while cleaning and allows one to reach spots that are usually difficult to reach. Courtesy of the Shark Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter, the vacuum can trap dust and allergens like a cakewalk. This vacuum offers efficient performance and a noise-free cleaning experience. The company has equipped the vacuum with anti-glide technology. This makes it easy for one to maneuver the vacuum on hard floors and behind sofas. Packaged with the vacuum cleaner are— a 12-inch crevice tool, an upholstery tool, and a Shark pet power brush.
8. Best Sleek:Shark Rocket Vacuum – HV382
This vacuum’s sleek and slender design can help it ace the test of aesthetics and functionality. It can reach most spaces, including nooks and corners that most traditional vacuums fail to reach. The head of the vacuum brush features LEDs that help locate even the finest of debris. This vacuum is equipped with the company’s duo clean technology that allows for even the finest particles to be lifted off the floor and carpet. The soft brush roll directly touches the surface of the floor and removes wet dust that tends to stick to most surfaces. The vacuum has a 360° swivel and can be used on numerous types of floors.
9. Best Large Removable Dust Cup:Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner
At first glance, one notices the clean and sleek look of this vacuum cleaner by Shark, as its gold and silver design is quite an eye-catcher. However, the brilliance of this vacuum doesn’t end at its good looks, it extends to its user-friendly operation and functionality. The vacuum has a shark XL dust cup for extended cleaning. Its long hose and wide cleaning pad width make cleaning effortless, and this vacuum also captures 99% of allergens and dust. Bundled with the main cleaning unit are a crevice tool and an upholstery tool.
10. Best For Deep Cleaning:Shark Navigator PETPRO Zero-M Self-Cleaning Brushroll Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner stands out among the rest for its large dust cup capacity of 2.8 quartz. It features the Shark Zero-M Technology, a Shark self-cleaning brushroll,and is known for its one-inch extended reach. The cleaning brush is capable of removing long hair strands as well as pet hair without hampering the rotary mechanism. The self-cleaning feature and lightweight design of this vacuum makes it easy to maneuver and carry from one room to another. The strong suction is powerful enough to pick up small dust particles and debris. Thanks to its HEPA filter and anti-allergen seal technology, the vacuum does a good job at trapping finer dust particles and allergens.
11. Best For Tight Spaces:Shark Rocket DeluxePro Upright Vacuum
This vacuum by Shark transforms into a handheld vacuum cleaner in a couple of seconds. The long hose makes it easy for one to reach under tight spaces. The entire vacuum is relatively light in weight and is versatile for cleaning the floor and ceiling. The advanced swivel technology built into this vacuum makes it flexible and easy to rotate. The vacuum comes equipped with built-in LED lights that reveal finer particles that one would normally overlook. As a plus, it comes with all the necessary accessories.
12. Best Flexible:Shark Rocket Vacuum Cleaner – HV301
A unique feature of this sleek and slender vacuum is its bag-free operation, which easily makes it one of the best Shark vacuum cleaners. The Shark swivel steering feature allows for cleaning around furniture and other obstacles. Given its flexibility and versatility of operation, this vacuum can be used for floor-to-ceiling cleaning. The cleaning brush incorporated into this vacuum is ideal for cleaning debris and paper scraps. While this is a corded vacuum cleaner, it is portable and easy to operate. Included in the box are the main unit and all necessary cleaning attachments.
13. Best Voice Control:Shark ION Robot Vacuum – AV571
What distinguishes this from the rest is its incorporation of smart technology. The vacuum supports Wi-Fi and voice control, and can be operated and tracked using a user-friendly application. The application allows one to start, stop, and schedule a cleaning session. This battery-operated state-of-art vacuum has a runtime of two hours and is ideal for carpet and floor cleaning. To handle cleaning effectively, this smart vacuum cleaner is equipped with a tri-brush system. The vacuum has built-in high-tech cliff sensors that allow the vacuum robot to stay clear of furniture, objects, ledges, and stairs. The brilliance of this vacuum can be witnessed in its smart operation and its small form factor which allows it to fit into tiny and tight spaces.
14. Best Versatile:Shark ION Upright Vacuum – P50 – IC162
The versatility of this vacuum is seen in its triple mode of operation as it can be used in upright mode, stick mode, and handheld mode. This allows one to clean the house or office space thoroughly, leaving no corners or spots untouched. As a handheld vacuum, this cleaner by Shark has a runtime of 50 minutes. The vacuum has two built-in brushes to ensure the cleaning of large and small dust particles. The vacuum has a significantly large dust cap and a HEPA filter that makes it suitable for trapping almost all allergens.
15. Best Rechargeable:Shark Rocket PETPRO Vacuum
The company has equipped this vacuum cleaner with dirt engine technology for quick and easy removal of pet hair. This battery-operated vacuum has a powerful suction that can pick up dirt, debris, paper scraps, and touch messes. The Shark cordless vacuum with a compact design is capable of running for 40 minutes on a full charge. The batteries are removable and can be recharged either inside or outside the vacuum unit. It features HEPA filter and anti-allergen seal technology that help trap dust and allergens efficiently.
How To Choose The Right Shark Vacuum?
Keep these pointers in mind when choosing a Shark vacuum.
- Cleaning area and home size: The size and type of vacuum cleaner required is greatly determined by the surface area that requires cleaning. A large area like that in a bungalow would require a stick or robotic vacuum. However, in the case of smaller spaces, a handheld vacuum will do the job very well. Staircases and other such impediments that reduce the efficiency of heavy vacuums must be taken into consideration. If a home has a staircase, it is crucial to purchase a vacuum that is easy to carry and move from one place to another.
- Floor types: The type of Shark vacuum you purchase will be determined by the floor surfaces that need cleaning. Surfaces like tiles, hardwood, and linoleum are relatively easy to clean, and almost any Shark vacuum will do the job well. However, in the case of carpets and rugs, a vacuum with powerful suction will be needed. This is because small dust particles and debris often get stuck on the fibers of the carpet.
- Portability: When taking into account the portability of a vacuum, one needs to look for handheld and battery operated vaccum. Having one with these features will ensure that the vacuum can be easily moved from one room to another. Corded vacuums that operate on electricity are limited by the length of the power cord. However, battery-operated ones need to be charged before use. The one you choose will entirely depend upon your needs and preferences.
- Air filters: It is recommended to purchase a Shark vacuum that has an anti-allergen seal and HEPA filter. This is because it can trap dander, allergens, pollen, and pet hair. Vacuums that do not have such filters have a difficult time trapping allergens. Those suffering from breathing difficulties can greatly benefit from vacuums that have allergen filters.
- Accessories: This is one important consideration to bear in mind. Vacuums usually come with several attachments or accessories that make them more versatile. It is important to pay close attention to the ones that are bundled with the vacuum unit. These attachments can significantly reduce the time involved in cleaning and can make your cleaning experience a lot more convenient. Some of the accessories to look out for include pet hair tools, dusting brushes, under-appliance wands, upholstery tools, and crevice tools.
Paula Tarling, a professional domestic cleaner and influencer, says, “I’m a Shark fan, and I own two of them. If you keep them well-maintained, they hold their suction and last a long time. I find the lift-away models handy, as you can adapt them for use on different surfaces in your home. Also, the light on the front of the vacuum is fabulous for showing missed areas, and these vacuums are easy to empty. I would suggest you choose corded models for better suction.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is a skilled author who specializes in reviewing products from various domains, including home and kitchen appliances. He researches thoroughly and ensures to present the most reliable and well-performing household products with multiple positive reviews. Here, he shares a list of the latest and top-rated shark vacuum cleaners that help maintain a tidy, germ-free home and surroundings. Also, explore the buying guide and FAQ sections to pick the right product suiting your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I clean a Shark vacuum filter?
The best way to clean a Shark water filter is to wash it. However, bear in mind that the filter should be washed with cold water and without any detergent. The filter must be air-dried for at least 24 hours before it is placed back into the vacuum cleaner.
2. How should I empty a Shark vacuum?
This process is relatively simple. The dust cup can easily be removed from the vacuum cleaner. Usually, the dust cup is positioned at the top of the vacuum cleaner and held in place by a plastic clip-on. Once it is removed, press the dust cup release button and empty the waste from the cup.
3. How should I replace a power cord in a shark vacuum?
- The first thing you should do is remove the dust cup and vacuum head.
- You will see a plate that is usually held together by a few screws. Remove the screws and twist the wire nuts and tape that are located beneath the screws.
- This gives you access to the power cord. Once it has been removed and a new one has been installed, follow the same steps in reverse order to put everything back into their correct positions.
4. How long do shark vacuums last?
Typically, a shark vacuum can last for five to eight years with proper care.
A vacuum cleaner is an essential tool to clean your home as it makes your space look spick and span and helps keep your home germ-free and hygienic. While evaluating the best shark vacuums, you might want to pick one that operates quietly. Vacuums with additional accessories that are versatile enough to be used on different types of flooring can help keep a check on dust and allergens. With corded and cordless vacuums on the market, you can easily consider what works for you and invest in the right one.
Infographics: What Are The Safety Precautions For Using A Vacuum Cleaner?
Vacuum cleaners are effective in removing dust particles from surfaces. However, they need proper maintenance and usage for long-lasting performance. Check out the safety tips listed in the infographics below for more information.
- Best Tile Floor Cleaner Machines
- Best Grout Cleaners
- Best Kitchen Degreasers
- Best Mops For Vinyl Plank Floors